War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

On 4.3.8 :

- Melee Survivors still don't respond to being attacked,they continue being passive,no matter what the player does.

- Bandits now attack properly,both melee and ranged.

- Ranged survivors react to being attacked by the player but they don't turn towards you to shoot you. If you attack them from behind,they'll start shooting in front of them and never turn towards you to shoot you.

I don't know what the full capabilities of the bandits and survivors are, but it's important to remember that they are not yet complete.

Also, your chosen difficulty level has an impact on it as well. I remember reading another discussion that stated they act better at difficulty 4 or 5.

Maybe I read it in this thread:

Bandits

Either way, might still be useful to read through that, because there's a lot of helpful info in it.

Edited by AlienZ (see edit history)

I don't know what the full capabilities of the bandits and survivors are, but it's important to remember that they are not yet complete.

Also, your chosen difficulty level has an impact on it as well. I remember reading another discussion that stated they act better at difficulty 4 or 5.

I know they're not finished yet but I've tried them out in vanilla 7DTD before and they worked just fine. I used the mod launcher to install this mod so I don't think they're any compatibility problems or old mods interfering with War of the Walkers.

On 4.3.8 :

- Melee Survivors still don't respond to being attacked,they continue being passive,no matter what the player does.

- Ranged survivors react to being attacked by the player but they don't turn towards you to shoot you. If you attack them from behind,they'll start shooting in front of them and never turn towards you to shoot you.

Remember, NPC AI isn't finished yet, so your results aren't going to be reliable.

I noticed that both survivors and bandits act weird like not always turning to shoot you, but if you move around, they seem to eventually turn. And they're terrible shots - they keep shooting forward even after a zombie drops to the ground. But that's not something that can be fixed in the XML, as far as I can tell.

Are you sure all your bandits work properly? Like I said, I can't get BanditKane to shoot his sniper rifle, so I just gave him a sawed off shotgun instead.

Remember, NPC AI isn't finished yet, so your results aren't going to be reliable.

I noticed that both survivors and bandits act weird like not always turning to shoot you, but if you move around, they seem to eventually turn. And they're terrible shots - they keep shooting forward even after a zombie drops to the ground. But that's not something that can be fixed in the XML, as far as I can tell.

Are you sure all your bandits work properly? Like I said, I can't get BanditKane to shoot his sniper rifle, so I just gave him a sawed off shotgun instead.

Now when I test it again,BanditKane is also not working properly. Gets nose-to-nose with me but besides that - nothing else.

Isn't the code from Stallion's Bandits better for this mod than what is currently implemented? I hear his AI code is pretty dang good. Worth a shot to ask him for it,I think!

On 4.3.8 :

You cannot get the survivors to attack players correctly unless you have them attack you all the time, this is a limitation on their ability to attackifhurt. It appears to lack the ability to approach or turn toward its target.

This line doesn't add anything due to that limitation, you will still get shot by a survivor if you attack them and stand in front of their gun without it.

<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityPlayer" />

I'd recommend removing it just for simplicity sake.

Edited by The Lorax (see edit history)

Rabbit traps appear to be disappearing about 30 seconds after being placed? Have others experienced this as well?

Also, spelling bug report:

Bated should be Baited

IE: Rabbittrap(bated) should be Rabbittrap(Baited)

Not sure why that's happening for you. Can any1 confirm this happening? And noted about the spelling...my bad

Ok so this is my first time setting up a dedicated server as well as using a MOD. I am having problems with missing icons. All the icons for weapons, ammos and schematics that are not vanilla are missing as well as vanilla icon for menus like crafting catagories, skills, etc...... Even the icons in the HUD are missing so i dont know what the each bars represent. As i said this is my first time even setting up a server let alone trying to run a MOD. I am using server provided thru PingPerfect that has instant set up option where i go into mod configurations and select a Mod from a list and press install. All this was done before starting the server so that i would minimize possible errors. I understand not all Server providers have the capability to support all the different MODs out there so could that be the problem or am i missing something that maybe a simply fix. Also not able to using any commands in console menu, not sure if that is a conflict with the MOD or something i need to adjust throuh the server provider

Ok so this is my first time setting up a dedicated server as well as using a MOD. I am having problems with missing icons. All the icons for weapons, ammos and schematics that are not vanilla are missing as well as vanilla icon for menus like crafting catagories, skills, etc...... Even the icons in the HUD are missing so i dont know what the each bars represent. As i said this is my first time even setting up a server let alone trying to run a MOD. I am using server provided thru PingPerfect that has instant set up option where i go into mod configurations and select a Mod from a list and press install. All this was done before starting the server so that i would minimize possible errors. I understand not all Server providers have the capability to support all the different MODs out there so could that be the problem or am i missing something that maybe a simply fix. Also not able to using any commands in console menu, not sure if that is a conflict with the MOD or something i need to adjust throuh the server provider

Custom icons folder needs to be installed client side as well. Same with the localization file.

Now when I test it again,BanditKane is also not working properly. Gets nose-to-nose with me but besides that - nothing else.

Isn't the code from Stallion's Bandits better for this mod than what is currently implemented? I hear his AI code is pretty dang good. Worth a shot to ask him for it,I think!

I was using that as a reference before but don't have the latest version. He has removed all downloads for it because he left for awhile, or something.

Just copy the sawed off shotgun another Bandit uses and paste it over the sniper rifle for BanditKane. He shoots the shotgun just fine.

I was using that as a reference before but don't have the latest version. He has removed all downloads for it because he left for awhile, or something.

Okay so I found BadCo bandits and seen how hes doing it, I have made some adjustments based on that and I will see how they pan out.

-Note that I am planning on not releasing any more updates to the V4.3 Branch, if this works out with the Bandit Code then it will go into the V4.4 Release....Which may or may not be close :p

Custom icons folder needs to be installed client side as well. Same with the localization file.

ok so i have to download these files to my computer and then place them into a specific file? where are these files and where exactly do i place them. I can completely new to this so i appreciate as much help as i can get thank you in advance.

ok so i have to download these files to my computer and then place them into a specific file? where are these files and where exactly do i place them. I can completely new to this so i appreciate as much help as i can get thank you in advance.

Copy MODs folder and Data folder and paste just inside the 7 days to die directory where it's installed on computer.

In order to have the rabbit trap upgrade properly, I replaced this:

<block id="2005" name="RabbitTrap(Bated)">
[b][u]<property name="Extends" value="cropsGrowingMaster" />[/u][/b]
<property name="CustomIcon" value="RabbitTrap" />
       <property name="Material" value="wood" />
       <property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />
       <property name="Mesh" value="models" />
       <property name="Model" value="LootContainers/shopping_basket_empty" param1="main_mesh" />
<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="RabbitTrapFull" />
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="RabbitTrap(Unbaited)" />
       <drop event="Destroy" name="RabbitTrap(Unbaited)" count="1" prob="1" />
<drop event="Fall" name="RabbitTrap(Unbaited)" count="1" prob="1.0"  stick_chance="1" />
<property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps,Food/Cooking" />
</block>

with this:

[b][u]<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />[/u]
[u]<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="0" />[/u]
[u]<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="30" />[/u]
[u]<property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelStay" value="0" />[/u]
[u]<property name="PlantGrowing.IsRandom" value="true" />[/u]
[u]<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowIfAnythinOnTop" value="true" />[/u]
[u]<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />[/u][/b]
       <property name="Model" value="LootContainers/shopping_basket_empty" param1="main_mesh" />
<drop event="Fall" name="RabbitTrap(Unbaited)" count="1" prob="1.0"  stick_chance="1" />
</block>

The same can be done for the unbaited block if you want that to carry loot as well. You might want to increase the GrowthRate value for it so that it takes longer (otherwise it would be pointless to have the trap baited).

The GrowthRate value might also need some tweaking as I just threw a number in there. Adjust to your tastes. From what I have read, it relates to real time minutes e.g. 30 = 30 real time minutes.

LightLevelStay specifies how much light is needed for it to "grow" but I believe that it always needs light and there's no way to make it grow indoors.

IsRandom can be used to make it a random timer for the growth stage or a static timer. I believe that having it random, would make it in the region of 30 minutes, whereas having it static would make it exactly 30 minutes.

I don't know how much of what I said I have right or wrong. This is all based on a quick search of the forum and I may have this wrong. If anyone with more knowledge on the growth code can clear up anything I have wrong, that would be great!

I don't kow why the <property name="Extends" value="cropsGrowingMaster" /> isn't working in this case, but I think it might have something to do with cropsHarvestableMaster.

Edited by AlienZ (see edit history)

@ Alienz,

Thanks for looking at that. I have made a few modifications to what you posted to require placement on fertile land outside.

<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />
<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="1" />
<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="60" />
<property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelStay" value="0" />
<property name="PlantGrowing.IsRandom" value="true" />
<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowIfAnythinOnTop" value="false" />
<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />
</block>

I also changed the time to 60 as I felt that was more /realistic/.

@ Alienz,

Thanks for looking at that. I have made a few modifications to what you posted to require placement on fertile land outside.

I also changed the time to 60 as I felt that was more /realistic/.

Cool, I thought about the fertile ground, but then figured it's not really a plant, so I'm not going to bother. :)

I have changed mine to 90 random and the unbaited trap to three times that.

@AlienZ,

MY Thoughts behind this were similar, however, I wanted to limit people from just placing the traps in their base or their kitchen for that matter. I suppose that could be limited with just <property name="PlantGrowing.GrowIfAnythinOnTop" value="false" />

However, i figured the best spot to catch rabbits would be on the ground outside, so i decided to add the fertile 1 limitation. This just means it has to be on ground (dirt,snow,sand,etc). and with the nothing ontop limit, it pretty much has to be outside. I think that's a good balance for me.

I also personally didn't give unbaited traps a chance to catch anything. I did this to avoid free food with no effort.

Hey guys,

So I have been hard at work on V4.4 and its near done now with features. Mainly doing some polishing work on it now and then I will start testing it. The List is getting pretty big so its a lot I got to go through so I'll do my best to release as soon as I can.

Notable Features:

-Class System 2.0 (7 Total Classes now, all with unique recipes that they craft and bonuses. Also note that its not done where you choose one and that's all you get to be for that game. Its designed that over time you can master more than one.)

-Biomes (I have gone through them and done some serious polishing to them and some changes. For instance Pine Forest has more trees now but has open spaces, Forest has more trees with more clusters of dense forest. Plains now has less trees but still a little more than vanilla, Desert has way less grass now, Plus more like potatoes and mushrooms can spawn in certain biomes. Loot Crates now spawn differently in the wilderness and are less abundant. Different Resource Piles added like Oil Shale ones in Desert and Iron ones through most biomes plus more. New Resource Rocks in certain biomes for instance the Desert has Rocks that can drop Oil Shale.

-Weather Survival (Now the snow biome should be way more dangerous to survive in without the right gear, its now colder. Desert is now hotter. Forest has high chance for rain, Pine Forest is more sunny, plains is a mix, desert really low chance for rain, snow biome now has higher chance for snow.

-Immune System (20 Level System like Rest where it will effect your chances of getting sickness type buffs. Higher Immune will make it harder to get Infection, plus more.)

Bite Mark Buff - Zombies and Wildlife have a good chance of buffing you this which untreated (First Aid Bandage, First Aid Kit and Trauma First Aid Supplies Cure it) will turn into infection.

-New Bleeding System - Bleeding Buffs don't trigger the way they used to but now use a system similar to the new food healing buff system The Fun Pimps did.

-Prefabs - 5 New Prefabs to find and explorer! Including a new Class Store Prefab that has 7 Separate Rooms for each class which you need a Class Key (Crafted) to upgrade the door in order to unlock it. Inside you will find loot crates that will benefit your class

-Plus More - The List is long, I may have missed something, feel free to check the Development Road Map Link on the First Page for the extreme detailed list

Hey guys,

So I have been hard at work on V4.4 and its near done now with features. Mainly doing some polishing work on it now and then I will start testing it. The List is getting pretty big so its a lot I got to go through so I'll do my best to release as soon as I can.

Sounds great!

What about rebalancing the loot crates and storage chests,@dwallorde? The storage chests especially. They ALWAYS have a ♥♥♥♥ ton of useful loot,no matter the loot % setting. Feels kinda gamebreaking for me.