War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Just to do some feedback:

-fine skill system (altough no action skills like strength makes you able to carry more, hit harder, agility makes you move faster, endurance giving you more hp, and so on, just a small bit in every type of ability)

-trader shop lists are well balanced, so this is the first overhaul I can really buy what I need (not like collecting a lot of money by selling and then buy only what is absolutely necessary)

I have no knowledge if the vehicle mod you've put in contain nem types of vehicles, or just wrenchable wrecks?

I'd be happy if it was removed, as the cars sometimes spawn a bit sunken into the ground and their general look does not match the vanilla vehicles.

3 hours ago, Normal69 said:

The thing I try to include is some features from the Sphereii Core modlet, like unprotected traders, one block crouch, and skyrim locpick minigame.

The problem is (I'm using 7D2D Mod Launcher) that any order I try to install it, the game UI interfaces become broken (I have a hunch because Sphereii Core contains another interface and they conflict <--- EDIT: this is wrong, doesn't seem to contain an interface).

Well, I've hooked onto something to produce something error report like stuff!

Your mod is in a directory called "WaroftheWalkersMod".
When I start your overhaul with the Sphereii Core modlet included, a directory is made called "War of the Walkers Mod" (with spaces), containing only a lone ModInfo.xml with the same information inside.

Because I miss the knowledge how to soft/hard link a directory in windows, I've copied the contents of your original spaceless directory to the spaced one, and the start menu graphics of your overhaul has appeared!

And after using just the basic Navezgane map, everything works perfectly.

So somewhere is a problematic name (I couldn't find it by a simple search for the spaceless and spaced names) which thinks a spaced "War of the Walkers Mod" directory should be created and used.

Hope it helps. If it's a problem in Sphereii Core, please tell me what you know, and I could write to him to gather more information.

Ps: by the way you can make a soft link by issuing this command in admin mode CMD:

mklink /D "War of the Walkers Mod" WaroftheWalkersMod

Edited by Normal69 (see edit history)

Pps: the same thing is happening with these mods, duplicate, almost empty directories are created:

Nerd's clean doors and windows\
NerdScurvy_Doors+Windows\
Nerd's toybox\
NerdScurvy_Toybox\
Active Ingredients\
Redbeardt-ActiveIngredients\

Perhaps this is why I've read that Active Ingredients gets broken on linux servers?

On 7/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, Normal69 said:

I have no knowledge if the vehicle mod you've put in contain nem types of vehicles, or just wrenchable wrecks?

I'd be happy if it was removed, as the cars sometimes spawn a bit sunken into the ground and their general look does not match the vanilla vehicles.

After playtesting for some thime, I think the vehicle mod is all right.

The wrecks of the new HD and ECO ones which are producing the sunken spawns.

I presume the little rocks after wrenching the wrecks are part of some respawn system.

Do wee have a setting for the time on that?

A question to the developer, will there be an implementation of such a mechanic, for example: the same weapon of the same quality, but different characteristics?
For example: a Grade 6 pistol is not equal to a Grade 6 pistol, but slightly better than a Grade 5 pistol.
And such mechanics with weapons and with all the gear?
Thank you, sorry for the google translator.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, Normal69 said:

Howdy?

A bit of help here, if you have the time, at least just to know if I'm banging my head against the wall here.

I'm trying out different overhauls in single, before playing together on our small community server.

I have experience in putting together modpacks (Skyrim, Minecraft, Fallout 4 and so on, in every game I like and it's possibble), and the most important things are to RTFM, have a lot of patience, and to know beforehand when a task is impossibble. ;)

So I'm trying to put together a pack based on yours, mainly because a few overhauls has a skill system I consider "good, and yours is one.

The thing I try to include is some features from the Sphereii Core modlet, like unprotected traders, one block crouch, and skyrim locpick minigame.

The problem is (I'm using 7D2D Mod Launcher) that any order I try to install it, the game UI interfaces become broken (I have a hunch because Sphereii Core contains another interface and they conflict <--- EDIT: this is wrong, doesn't seem to contain an interface).

Am I on an impossibble mission here?

I've also tried to seek some compatibility modlets (there are some of those around), but was not successfull.

The other hurdle is when I'd like a clean install of an overhaul in the Mod Manager, the only option I see to delete all, and reinnstall again (make a copy of my game, then install the overhaul) which consumes a lot of time.

Is there any quicker, more refined method in 7D2D, like in minecraft to rename config and mods directories, and copy over the new set of mods and configs?

Thank you for your work, and possibble answers!

I am not really familiar with every having to combine mods when using the mod launcher so I am not really sure how possible it is.  Even though the functions you are trying to add should work, the problem may lie in being that those come from a DMT style modlet which my mod is not.  I do not have much knowledge as of yet with DMT..  As for being a impossible mission...well maybe but really not if you can figure it out...Sorry that I am not able to help with that adventure.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:07 PM, Normal69 said:

Just to do some feedback:

-fine skill system (altough no action skills like strength makes you able to carry more, hit harder, agility makes you move faster, endurance giving you more hp, and so on, just a small bit in every type of ability)

-trader shop lists are well balanced, so this is the first overhaul I can really buy what I need (not like collecting a lot of money by selling and then buy only what is absolutely necessary)

You should join my discord (https://discord.gg/bQdP6cH) and check out the #V19-8-3-0update-notes channel for info on the next update, which features action skills

On 10/11/2016 at 7:54 AM, dwallorde said:
WotWMODLOGOImageMenu.png.fc0a1e50e8de259

V19.8.2.5c 6.2.2021 Alpha 19.5 Stable Branch

New Save Game Required When installing mod for first time! Do not use a save game from any vanilla game, older version of mod or another mod.

A19  Stable Download:

V19.8.2.5c 6.2.2021 Alpha 19.5 Experimental Branch

New Save Game Required When installing mod for first time! Do not use a save game from any vanilla game, older version of mod or another mod.

A19 Experimental Download:

If you are interested in renting a server with my mod, I would suggest using BlueFang Solutions. They offer good rates with excellent customer service. The servers they use have DDOS Protection and are reliable. You have full control over your server uptime, restarts, settings, etc. They do even support mods. Which can be done through FTP access or through their customer support system. They have direct contact with me in case of any issues so that we can work together to provide you with reliable server! So if you are interested in starting a server, please use this link below:

Using this link will help support me with a portion of all sales will be credited to me. The money will help me in real life pay bills and rent.

Bluefang Referral Link

As requested before from some, here is a PayPal Donation Button, any donations is greatly Appreciated but is not required to play my mod. :)

Paypal Donation Button

Survival:

• Farming - Grow Wheat, Apple, Strawberry, Cocoa, Carrot, Cucumber, Leek, Lettuce, Melon, Onion, Pepper, Tomato and Blackberry Crops
  • Schematics - New schematics to find to learn how to craft new recipes
  • Buffs - New and modified buffs
  • Fishing - Craft your own Fishing Rod and catch some fish in any water body
  • Ores - Tungsten, Copper, and Zinc Ores
  • HUD - Featuring SMX UI Mod
  • Biomes - Updated biomes and new resource pile prefabs as well as Random Crate POI to find in the wild
  • Health Items - New items such as the Trauma First Aid Kits, Bandages, Vitamins, Leg Booster Shots and more
  • Food Items - New food items such as Meat Pies, Bread, Pies, plus more. Animals either have Raw White Meat or Raw Red Meat
  • Drink Items - New drink items such as Mossy Brew, Green Tea, Apple Juice, plus more
  • Prefabs - Several new prefabs that you can explore
  • Traders - Modified trader locations that feature 2 new traders, one specializing in schematics and the other quests and reward papers
  • Class Stores - Featuring 2 regular traders and the 2 new traders with all the class vending machines for buying goods

Enemies:

• Boss Zombies - Several boss zombies made from Creature Pack - Zombies modlet.  All with special loot
  • Crawler Zombies - More Standard Crawling Zombies
  • Zombie Hordes - All Screamer, Sleeper and Blood Moon Zombie Hordes now feature new zombies
  • Bandits - NPC's that will attack you on site.  Will also attack zombies, survivors and wildlife.  Mainly found in wasteland and burnt biomes (From Creature Pack - Humans)
  • Survivors - NPC's that will only attack you if you attack first.  Will attack zombies, bandits and wildlife (From Creature Pack - Humans)

Loot and Perks:

• Loot - Many new items found in loot, zombies, loot containers as well as traders
  • Skills and Perks - Several new skills to learn with a revamped skill menu from the SMX UI Modlet
  • Classes - Several classes that you can learn in game through quests. Each has exclusive recipes and items. All classes can be obtained
  • 8 New Treasure Quests - 15 Total In Game
  • 101+ New Challenge Quests - 115+ Total In Game
  • Reward Cards - These cards can reward you with either experience points, skill points or even provide a buff for double/triple xp.  Can be obtained at traders or in special loot crates
  • Traders - New specialized traders in modded trader locations (These locations are obvious when you see them as they have a different look than vanilla trader locations)

Items and Blocks:

• Armor - Full sets of Kevlar, Silver and Tungsten Armor
  • Clothing - New Cold and Warm Weather clothing
  • Blocks - Tungsten Blocks, More shape variations for concrete/rebar blocks
  • Flares - Spawns Specialized Loot Crates.  These are found in special loot crates
  • Tools - Full sets of Scrap Iron Tools, Tungsten Tools and Diamond Tipped Tools.  Also Steel and Tungsten Augers/Chainsaws
  • Guns - FAMAS, Desert Eagle, Baretta Shotgun, M25 Sniper Rifle, and Remington 8
  • Melee Weapons - Tungsten Club, Steel and Tungsten Machetes, Gold Tipped Knives and Machetes + Swords and Maces
  • Ammo Types - Hollow Point and NATO Bullets

Workstations:

• Armor Smithing Station - For crafting advanced armor such as kevlar, tungsten and silver
  • Blueprint Station - For crafting schematic loot crates that you place and will spawn random schematics
  • Gun Smithing Station - For crafting all vanilla and mod guns
  • Mortar and Pestle - For crafting seed recipes and more
  • Oil Production Block - A workstation that produces oil over time
  • Tungsten Forge - Has regular forge recipes as well as the capability of smelting tungsten.  Works better than regular forge
  • Tool Workbench - For crafting advanced tools
  • Builders Workbench - For crafting rebar, iron frames and tungsten frames
  • Screamer Block - Light this up to attract screamers really fast
  • Coffee Maker - For crafting hot beverages
  • Microwave - For crafting soups
  • Player Oven - For crafting campfire recipes plus several other exclusive recipes
  • Food Processing Table - For crafting/prepping food recipes
  • Brewery Station - For crafting alcoholic beverages
  • Fabrication Station - For crafting decorative type blocks
  • Ammo Workbench - For crafting ammo
  • Mechanic Bench - For crafting advanced vehicles

Included Modlets:

• Creature Pack - Animals
  • Creature Pack - Humans
  • Creature Pack - Zombies
  • CCTV
  • NerdScurvy Doors + Windows
  • NerdScurvy Toybox
  • SMX Hud
  • SMX Lib
  • SMX Menu
  • SMX UI
  • ZTENSITY UBBI and Patches

WotWMODLOGOImageMenu.png

I DL it, and it doesn't work. How do I get it to work? I DLed 19 Stable.

I have a question how can I get the files for the server side ? I have my own dedicated machine I've downloaded the client side but I can't seem to find the server side files. 

I want to try this mod with a couple of friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question regarding RWG and War of the Walkers. I am having an issue where the mod doesn't generate a world. I am getting an error from the console when I go to do so.WRN XML patch for "rwgmixer.xml" from mod "War of the Walkers  Mod" did not apply. I am on 19.6 right now and using 7D2D Mod Launcher on the V8 Stable version. Is there something I need to do to fix the error? The mod loaded my KingGen and Nitrogen RWG no problem but wanted to make sure I am not missing out on any POIs that might be for this mod.

So here's the issue I've run into.  I was trying to clumsily use a controller to play WotW a couple of days ago and everything worked fine, but on starting a new map to utilize my learned information about how the mod is structured, WofW no longer seems to see the controller input at all, even using native input checked in the launcher or trying to launch from Big Window mode in Steam.  Vanilla 7dtd sees it fine and it works as do my other controller friendly games such as Hollow Knight.  Looking at the options file I can see it has "OptionsAllowController_h184557040" set to 1 so I assume that is good but still no juice.

Any leads on what's happening here?

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me with this?

My vid settings are on Ultra, with only the Motion blur and DOF turned off.

Why do the surrounding areas look so nice and full of detail, but the dynamic object assets so low-rez?

It's not game-breaking, but it is a bit disappointing.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

I'm trying to set up a hosted server with War of the Walkers 19 stable version.

I've downloaded the client and can run the SP version just fine.

The problem comes when I upload and extract the .zip file to the server.

Does it go in the same place on the server that it goes on the client?

That being, /mods in the root directory?

Every time I fire up the server, it chugs along for about 5 minutes trying to start up, and then just crashes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

I might have missed this somewhere, but since the only references to this I can find is a question from 2017, I'm not so sure.

How do I get Zinc Powder?

I've done searches in this topic and I can't even find an answer to the original question either.

Have I missed something, or are ppl just cheating it in because nobody can find any other way to get it?

I know it's a needed resource, but I can't find it in any crafting menu.

Edited by Gidaeon (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Gidaeon said:

I might have missed this somewhere, but since the only references to this I can find is a question from 2017, I'm not so sure.

How do I get Zinc Powder?

I've done searches in this topic and I can't even find an answer to the original question either.

Have I missed something, or are ppl just cheating it in because nobody can find any other way to get it?

I know it's a needed resource, but I can't find it in any crafting menu.

Hi Gidaeon

If you didn't find it in recipes.xml, try looking for it in loot.xml or traders.xml, maybe not crafting just for loot or traders.
Hope that helps you.
Regards

23 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi Gidaeon

If you didn't find it in recipes.xml, try looking for it in loot.xml or traders.xml, maybe not crafting just for loot or traders.
Hope that helps you.
Regards

I'm guessing it's listed under a different name. I was able to both loot and buy from a trader, but when I do a specific Ctrl+F search for Zinc and/or Powder in their respective .xml nothing shows up for Zinc, and only potassium and gunpowder shows for Powder search.

*Using Notepad++*

I've also checked: Items, Materials, Misc and Recipes, and nothing is showing up in those either.

But as long as I remember that zinc powder IS available through Trade and Loot, at least I won't have to grab a stack from the CM just to complete the Vitamins part of quests, or the few other medical items that need it.

I don't know if i'm just bloody blind, or what, but I can't seem to find tungsten mineable nodes anywhere. I've found the orange, blue, and green(?) aboveground combination nodes, as well as some assorted tungsten randomly from mining the aboveground bit, but nothing else. what am i missing? :(

On 11/16/2021 at 12:28 PM, perpterds said:

I don't know if i'm just bloody blind, or what, but I can't seem to find tungsten mineable nodes anywhere. I've found the orange, blue, and green(?) aboveground combination nodes, as well as some assorted tungsten randomly from mining the aboveground bit, but nothing else. what am i missing? :(

Not sure if there even is a node for it, however I have seen red nodes in the burned biome. I've mined 3 and have gotten different resources each time (not much Tungsten at all though). Although I HAVE gotten a noticeable amount of Tungsten, scrap as well as ore, from mining the 'Pyramid' looking deposits in every biome. (Differing resource type in each block-size) Also you can get Gold, Silver, and Diamonds from those too, as well as a few Geodes each time which I've gotten some nice profit for the rare bits within them.

Edit: After some checking of nodes I've found that the ones that are so black they look to have a blueish tinge to them in the wooded biome, those ones give small bits of other materials, but scrap tungsten as a main drop.

I installed the latest stable version using the mod launcher. The game plays without errors. However I have run into 4 weird items.

1) the open land in the forest zone (the only zone I have been to) is covered with goldenrod and chrysanthemum plants with some aloe and potato mixed in. There is roughly 20 times as much of this as usual.

2) there are occasionally wooden totem pole like structures in the forest surrounded by wooden log spikes. Atop these are crates of ammo or food that have a ton of stuff inside.

3) I killed a giant santa claus like mob that was big and red and playing christmas music. He dropped a giant white gift box with a bow. Inside the box was some very good stuff.

4) When searching vehicles I often find wrapped presents. One school bus had 3 of them. When opened these contain things like 5k fuel or 5k coal or 50 silver or 50 diamonds. The 50 diamonds sold at the trader for 15k coins which is a huge sum on day 3 of a game. This enabled me to buy some very good gear and recipes.

I play at insane difficulty and the effect of these 4 above items turned the game into super easy by day 3. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my game?

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, FarmerLee73 said:

Lol guess I have my answer!

I have nothing to do with this mod, but dwallorde mentioned a discord channel above and his answers here seem to be very sporadic. If you want to know if the mod is still active you probably have to look there.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

I have nothing to do with this mod, but dwallorde mentioned a discord channel above and his answers here seem to be very sporadic. If you want to know if the mod is still active you probably have to look there.

Many thanks for the advice. I did take a look in their discord and can confirm for others that might be wondering, an update is on its way ..

V20.1.0.6 for A20.2 Experimental Released!  Check first post for DL info.  Also available on mod launcher.  Be sure to join the discord (Link on first page) for more info and to join the community.

Changes from A19:

-No more horse modlet

-New Tree Farming

-Trees no longer drop seeds

-Tree seeds are crafted with wood at mortar and pestle

-Planted trees now grow faster and downgrade to seed upon harvest

-New NPC mod added

-NPC Mod consists of several community made zombies/animals

-Has NPC Bandits and Survivors

-Some of the survivors can be recruited as followers by hiring them with dukes

-New SMX UI/HUD added with newer design in A20

-15 Slot Toolbar provided by Khaine -Tungsten Shapes (Now full set of shapes for all materials thanks to A20)

-Several updated models for blocks using new Unity (Eg. all car block models have been updated/replaced and spawn better in the world) -Updated Farming Plant Models

-3 New Prefabs provided by Muscip

-3 prefabs from mod now support restore power quest

-Updated Soldier Class Quest line now requires use of Pipe weapons for the 3 parts due to lack of support from TFP for multiple weapon requirements.

-All workstations now have more que and output slots

-Player inventory now has more crafting que slots

Known Issues:

-Hand placements for some mod items are off on player hands

-Prefab Door blocks HP is wonky and breaks at random stage