Jump to content

War of the Walkers Mod (Overhaul)


Recommended Posts

On 2/22/2021 at 2:17 AM, dwallorde said:

Updated First Page.  Sorry I keep forgetting to update this page...sorry but if you do join the discord, that is the most up to date and easiest way to get in contact and keep up to date

Hi,  I've clicked on the Discord "link" on page 1 but all it does is increase the size of the image.  There doesn't seem to be a link to Discord there.

 

Also, can anyone please advise on a small issue I have?  I'm trying to craft a cutting board so I can make the food station but I don't know where to craft it.  I have the right ingredients and the recipe is unlocked but I don't recognise the station symbol that tells me where it should be crafted and there's no description to tell me either.  I'm hoping someone has already cracked this puzzle and can help me 🙂

 

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, Sirophic said:

Hi,  I've clicked on the Discord "link" on page 1 but all it does is increase the size of the image.  There doesn't seem to be a link to Discord there.

 

Also, can anyone please advise on a small issue I have?  I'm trying to craft a cutting board so I can make the food station but I don't know where to craft it.  I have the right ingredients and the recipe is unlocked but I don't recognise the station symbol that tells me where it should be crafted and there's no description to tell me either.  I'm hoping someone has already cracked this puzzle and can help me 🙂

 

Thanks in advance.

The cutting board is crafted at the fabrication station

 

and the link to discord on first page is fixed now

On 3/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, Weebor said:

Ok been playing war of the walkers for a while now over several alphas but this one I seem to have run into an issue with the skills, some of them are showing player skills to be unlocked and I am above that level but yet it is still showing as locked to me, am I missing something, tried looking for the discord to join and cannot seem to find it and cant seem to see a link on the first page even tried clicking the image. Anyone else having having the issue I have mentioned above?

some skills have multiple requirements.  One is usually player level but others can include having a certain level of another perk (like certain level of a crafting skill level) as well as if its a class only skill (Which those need to have the class quest line complete before those skills become unlockable)  Hovering the mouse over the locked purchase button on each skill who show a tool tip with the requirements needed

On 3/3/2021 at 9:26 AM, user2010 said:

Put the War_of_the_Walkers mod!
And oh, horror !! There is a new version of SMX!
Well, it's impossible to play this black and terrible creature!
Not only is it almost impossible to see anything on a black background, they also made a darkening!
Who thought of making all the recipes dark? Now, by touch, you need to seek, seek, seek, seek until you lose consciousness!
Or unload every resource from chests, boxes into your inventory, and go to the workbench to see what can be done from this!
Otherwise, there will be barely, barely visible contours!
According to the new version of the mod, it is clear that the mod has advanced very far, please, colored icons in the skills.
But I started learning programming to remove this nasty black color! And to clean up, this is your recipe darkening invention!

really confused on what your really trying to say here...

On 3/3/2021 at 10:40 AM, user2010 said:

As I understand it, the author of the mod is TsAR !? Otherwise I would have answered the question a long time ago about the wretchedness of my underdeveloped imagination! YES forgive us stupid, unworthy to play your mod! We are pieces of @%$#, we will meekly wait for your answer! Oh great, crooked modder!

idk who TsAR ! is...but no I am the mod author Dwallorde, the one that created this post to begin with.  Crooked modder?  Like I am a thief?  or I am sitting/standing not straight?  I have a soar back from time to time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2021 at 6:27 PM, Caravaggio said:

Just started playing this with some buds on a private server.  The " Special "  Traders  do they have the Same type of Buildings as the Vanilia traders

Most of them are similar layout to a vanilla POI location, with modifications made to it.  They are obvious when you see then.  They will have angel statues outside the entrance as well as a different paint scheme on some of them.  I do have a new snow biome trader location as well that is a building covered in snow.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:54 AM, Sapsan said:

Very buggy mod (((

Thank you for your input?  🤷‍♂️  Those bugs...maybe get squashed if only any info was provided for them.🤔

Edited by dwallorde (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, dwallorde said:

Thank you for your input?  🤷‍♂️  Those bugs...maybe get squashed if only any info was provided for them

Unfortunately, I can write only through the translator, so you will not write much much. From particularly annoying mistakes, stopped working hacking after pumping "LockPick 2.0" .

P.S. Remove errors and will be 10/10, I really liked it.

Edited by Sapsan (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

evening peeps

 

we are using 5.1.7 still and now i wane know if i wane use 5.2 do i have to restart the save game or can i contineu , i ask it cuz i saw G4K (Game4Kickz) using 5.1.6 and updated it later to 5.1.7 and 5.2 on the same save game

Edited by DeathHorde (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 5:34 AM, AKMARK5000 said:

I been looking (the forum) for info. on vehicles in WOW mod.  I have not found any... are there any drivable ground vehicles besides the vanilla game's 4x4?

 

I do have "different" vehicles like ECO and HD Versions of the vanilla vehicles in game.  Due to the fact idk yet how to do a working vehicle model in unity as of yet.  ECO basically is similar to vanilla but is more fuel efficient.  HD use more gas but is faster in speed.  I also have mods for vehicles that can increase speed, increase brightness, increase damage/durability, etc.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, DeathHorde said:

evening peeps

 

we are using 5.1.7 still and now i wane know if i wane use 5.2 do i have to restart the save game or can i contineu , i ask it cuz i saw G4K (Game4Kickz) using 5.1.6 and updated it later to 5.1.7 and 5.2 on the same save game

That is a fairly older version, So of by heart I don't remember how much change actually occurred.  So I cannot say for certain but if G4K was able too then you maybe as well but its not guaranteed.  If you want to try, just make a copy of the game save somewhere and then install the update..just in case something goes wrong you can roll back and copy back over the save.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2021 at 11:38 PM, dwallorde said:

 

nah dident work , but got another question , is there a retirement village in 5.2? cuz we almost discovered the whole map but nothing there :0 , it is in the prefab folder

Edited by DeathHorde (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My friends and I are having a great time with this Mod on my Dedi. Good work.

 

 

On 5/13/2021 at 4:54 AM, Sapsan said:

Very buggy mod (((

Your doing something wrong most likely and welcome to the forum.

Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the update to 7D2D created at least 2 issues to the GUI.

 

Options doesn't work  and there is no way to get the player list up --- which prevents teaming....darn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 3:44 PM, DeathHorde said:

nah dident work , but got another question , is there a retirement village in 5.2? cuz we almost discovered the whole map but nothing there :0 , it is in the prefab folder

not sure if it still was included back then.  That was just in the compo pack included at the time and if it was removed from their then it wouldn't be.  I didn't change much with that pack

On 5/27/2021 at 6:00 AM, user2010 said:

Please tell me how to remove SMX and SMX UI from the mod - they disfigure the mod and it's very hard to play with them!

I am sorry you feel this way.  Unfortunately its not really easily done atm as a lot of things are tide into it.  And I really don't want to have to support 2 UI versions of my mod.  Maybe in the future, but not now

11 hours ago, TechieZero said:

Looks like the update to 7D2D created at least 2 issues to the GUI.

 

Options doesn't work  and there is no way to get the player list up --- which prevents teaming....darn.

Yes the bugs was mainly from the new Twitch integration which did effect the UI files which required a update to SMX.  That is now done and released in the latest version today.  The new SMX Update is merged in and Sirillion has done some amazing work again with some new features 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwallorde said:

I am sorry you feel this way.  Unfortunately its not really easily done atm as a lot of things are tide into it.  And I really don't want to have to support 2 UI versions of my mod.  Maybe in the future, but not now

 

Possibly mentioning in the mod description where the background color is set and how to change it to lets say light gray or vanilla white would suffice (if that setting is in xml and not in a compiled library). Then it is in the hands of each individual player to change it with an editor or not.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dwallorde said:

Yes the bugs was mainly from the new Twitch integration which did effect the UI files which required a update to SMX.  That is now done and released in the latest version today.  The new SMX Update is merged in and Sirillion has done some amazing work again with some new features 😛

I love you man... :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help me.  I have a server on bluefang for me and my brother to play on and it has war of the walkers on it version  v19.8.2.5b   and our mod launcher has v19.8.2.5c  I don't know if this is what is doing it but we can not team up.  When i click on the player tab to join up with him nothing happens and when logging into the server I get an error message xui failed initializin window group players and object reference not set to an instance of an object.  My spelling might be a little off :P.   Can anyone please help me.   I have tested out logging on to othere servers running the same mod and version and they same thing happens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, TechieZero said:

Looks like the update to 7D2D created at least 2 issues to the GUI.

 

Options doesn't work  and there is no way to get the player list up --- which prevents teaming....darn.

Hey were you able to get the player list to come up and team up with anyone?   I think im having the same problem my game is up to date.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

.

 

On 6/3/2021 at 6:05 AM, TechieZero said:

 

Is it the stable or experimental download?

either really, both are running same version at the moment.

On 6/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, krudemon said:

Please help me.  I have a server on bluefang for me and my brother to play on and it has war of the walkers on it version  v19.8.2.5b   and our mod launcher has v19.8.2.5c  I don't know if this is what is doing it but we can not team up.  When i click on the player tab to join up with him nothing happens and when logging into the server I get an error message xui failed initializin window group players and object reference not set to an instance of an object.  My spelling might be a little off :P.   Can anyone please help me.   I have tested out logging on to othere servers running the same mod and version and they same thing happens. 

server needs to be running V19.8.2.5c if it has been updated to A19.5, which is why your having GUI issues.  Make sure to update the server to V19.8.2.5c and when doing so, if manually then makes sure to delete modlet folder SMXUI in the mods folder on the server side before uploading the newest version.  As in the latest SMX version a lot of those files got changed/moved to a separate modlet SMXUI_PerksUI and if you do not delete the duplicate files that do the same thing it will cause other errors to occur.

Edited by dwallorde (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, Sirophic said:

Hi,  I've clicked on the Discord "link" on page 1 but all it does is increase the size of the image.  There doesn't seem to be a link to Discord there.

 

Also, can anyone please advise on a small issue I have?  I'm trying to craft a cutting board so I can make the food station but I don't know where to craft it.  I have the right ingredients and the recipe is unlocked but I don't recognise the station symbol that tells me where it should be crafted and there's no description to tell me either.  I'm hoping someone has already cracked this puzzle and can help me 🙂

 

Thanks in advance.

Bring up your craft menu. Search for Workstation. It should be one of those listed when you read the description --- also the journal is a good resource.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...