War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

6 minutes ago, konik said:

I copy your text (War of the Walkers mod) and discord search don't find it.

Find use word ''war'' and don't find this mod in the list servers.

I think i found it with just war of Walkers, been quite a while since I joined his discord back in A17. That is the name of it tho when I go to it.

Edited by Dethar (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, Deacon of Undead said:

Question....cant get the mod to load. Im using the launcher and running latest version of the game 18.4 b4. The load screen doesn't get past Loading blocks and times out.

Any ideas?

Just wait 2 ... 4 minutes when load screen ( Loading blocks...). Then appear screen of the mod. 

Edited by konik (see edit history)

11 hours ago, skoszarek said:

Running this on a Mac and I'm having texture issues.. Like the wheat is all pink/missing textures... any ideas?

You need to go to discord. Thats were most who play WotW are. Konik said link in OP is broken, but try it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone...I've been playing war of the walkers mod...i'm on day 70 and in description for mod it says that there are bandits and bosses...I haven't come across either...i'm using the newest version for alpha 18. any help would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, Balboa2151 said:

hey everyone...I've been playing war of the walkers mod...i'm on day 70 and in description for mod it says that there are bandits and bosses...I haven't come across either...i'm using the newest version for alpha 18. any help would be greatly appreciated

Bosses are his uma zombies. No bandits/survivors, yet. He didnt update descriptions to not in v6 or above.

On 5/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, Dethar said:

Bosses are his uma zombies. No bandits/survivors, yet. He didnt update descriptions to not in v6 or above.

So does that mean the bandits/survivors and boss zombies dont exist in the A18 version? Anything else missing that the mod suggests it adds?

20 minutes ago, 25toten said:

So does that mean the bandits/survivors and boss zombies dont exist in the A18 version? Anything else missing that the mod suggests it adds?

I see he did change OP since new update, so maybe they are in now. Haven't play new version yet.

2 hours ago, Dethar said:

I see he did change OP since new update, so maybe they are in now. Haven't play new version yet.

I'm playing the latest stable version, 14 days in, have traversed 3 cities, fought two blood moons, no signs of either zombie boss or bandit/survivors. I suspect they don't exist. Happy to be wrong. 

9 hours ago, 25toten said:

I'm playing the latest stable version, 14 days in, have traversed 3 cities, fought two blood moons, no signs of either zombie boss or bandit/survivors. I suspect they don't exist. Happy to be wrong. 

Have you seen any of entities from creature packs, as those were also added to newest update on 17th.

5 hours ago, Dethar said:

Have you seen any of entities from creature packs, as those were also added to newest update on 17th.

I haven't seen anything that isn't vanilla, as far as mobs go. The only things I see added are the new recipes and class quests. We didn't even start with the "beginner box" item to complete the first quest - when we spawned in. I had to admin that box in.

Is there something I did wrong? I correctly put the mod where it goes in the game folder. Nobody has suggested you need to do anything special for the mod to "activate" on your server. The game also doesn't feel any more difficult at all. I still find stuff like engines lying around, the mod suggests you have to make those manually.

Any ideas? Thanks for the replies by the way. I was really looking forward to the features of this mod but they don't seem to exist.

4 hours ago, 25toten said:

I haven't seen anything that isn't vanilla, as far as mobs go. The only things I see added are the new recipes and class quests. We didn't even start with the "beginner box" item to complete the first quest - when we spawned in. I had to admin that box in.

Is there something I did wrong? I correctly put the mod where it goes in the game folder. Nobody has suggested you need to do anything special for the mod to "activate" on your server. The game also doesn't feel any more difficult at all. I still find stuff like engines lying around, the mod suggests you have to make those manually.

Any ideas? Thanks for the replies by the way. I was really looking forward to the features of this mod but they don't seem to exist.

Well I never had problem with starter crate in the several starts I had to do. Bosses aren't until much higher game stages.

Have you found class trader? That was my only issue at first, only having one or 2 on map.

Haven't used on a server, but I do use mod launcher. Did you add to client side to?

Might do full wipe to start over with new update, and let you know if I find any from creature packs he added.

Oh, and you can craft engines but they are loot wrenched also. I never crafted them.

Well creature pack entities are in experimental. Found some right after loading in new game. Tried to install stable, but it deleted my saved game. So if the copy you downloaded said beta, its old one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 3:42 PM, MajorMunchy said:

havent downloaded it yet, but how do you install this? straight into the mods fodler? or what

He has started turning his changes into modlets, but dont think it has been completely done yet from what I have read. So you would have to look if everything is his file is in mod folder.

I use mod launcher as it keeps separate folder for each overhaul mod i like to play for me. Just easier.

14 hours ago, Supertint said:

Hiya and thank you for all your work!  Was just doing some home decorating, noticed the nice glass wood double doors are off center...  is there a fix for this?

Thank You!

Tint

He has fixed some of these issues. Many mod'rs are hoping A19 will fix this so they dont have to go back in and change it back. You can change this yourself. I have seen how to fix this in other mod threads.

9 hours ago, MadGenius said:

Has the mod been updated to 7.1.5? I was updating my server and thats what it went to?

There has been few updates this week, or since weekend. Don't remember number, but will check discord when I get chance for the version.

Yes, experimental was updated to V7.1.5 yesterday 

hi there - new player here! downloaded the latest experimental version of this mod to use, but there are no installation instructions anywhere that I can find, and the link to the 7DtD mod launcher doesn't work either... any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

• dwallorde changed the title to War of the Walkers Mod