Weapon idea

TotallyNotABot

This sound like a good idea overall. However, I think it should just deal lower damage in general (as compared to a club or sledge), but not dissipate when there are more targets. That way it's more effective for it's purpose, but not as effective for fighting one zombie at a time.

If damage were to dissipate, I would rather it dissipate dependent on where on the arc the zombie is. Those in the center could take more damage, while those on the edge take less damage.

I'm not sure how much a two headed axe would fit the game though, maybe a sword of some sorts? Or re-purpose blade weapons in regards to combat. The mechanic sounds awesome, I'm just not sure what would be a proper weapon to fit the new mechanic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Or what if it has 3 attacks? The normal mouse click is a sideways swipe doing low to medium damage but can multiple enemies at once, Holding the left mouse button will make you do a downward cleave that does very high damage but can only hit 1 enemy, and right clicking will make you hold the axe horizontally and shove a zombie back by about 4 feet and has a chance to stagger them or make them fall down.

Or what if it has 3 attacks? The normal mouse click is a sideways swipe doing low to medium damage but can multiple enemies at once, Holding the left mouse button will make you do a downward cleave that does very high damage but can only hit 1 enemy, and right clicking will make you hold the axe horizontally and shove a zombie back by about 4 feet and has a chance to stagger them or make them fall down.

Multiple attack modes would be a really neat idea for the game. I like it.

• 1 year later...

The only thing I disagree with is this is supposed to be a world after the one we know is destroyed. Tell me what organization or protection force uses a two sided battle axe in today's world.

The fireman's axe is ideal and I think it's fitting for the period setting. A battle axe would just break immersion and confuse new players as to when this is supposed to take place.

Now, on that note... I think they should do away with the blunderbus where it's an archaic handheld cannon. If they called it something else and steampunked it up to look like a homemade pipe gun, then I'd go for it.

And, why can't we create scrap iron weapons??? A stop sign would make an awesome battle axe! It would bend and break fairly easy but we all know how many stop signs and stuff like that are around.

Thank you for creating this thread and I hope you read my post with a gentle smile as it is how I read yours.

Archived