Bad Company

StompyNZ

hello everyone......I'm using the 7D2D mod launcher and when I click on play mod( for bad company) I get an error message...." data folder not found"....then it says details..."there should be a 7 days to die_data folder in the executable"....I copy and pasted 7 days to die files into the 7D2D folder and named it bad company...what else do I need to do? thanks

okay.....in the 7D2D folder there was a folder for bad company....I opened folder and there was a 7 days to die folder without the data attached to it....so I added data on the end of 7 days to die and game loaded up but now when items are loading I get an error " nullreferenceexception: object reference not set to an instance of an object" ...what the heck does this mean? thanks

it sounds like it is not installing in the correct folders

Im not sure what is set up on the mod launcher but for manual install you just make a clone of your 7d2d folder (I call mine something like \7 Days To Die-Bad Company 15.2), and then extract the files to there, where the Config and Mods folders go into the root game folder:

steamlibrarypath\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods

steamlibrarypath\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data

The mods folder will have two folders, one called \StompyUI the other is \BadCompany

I just had a look and the launcher is pointing at the older version so there is no mods folder in that one

Is there a better location to point too?

Balboa, are you having trouble with all mods in the launcher? If so, I can help you if you make a post in my thread.

I like it. With your permission I'll make something like this and with the same name for my mod :)

UPD:

hmmm...no :D - better to use this, with a small adjustment to fit my style.

go for it, anything I publish here is free to use however you want as long as derivative works remain free also if republished ;)

• 2 months later...

No one's replied here for months???

Are the plans for a16:

Bad Co with additional pois and zombies first, and then a version with bandits?

(I hate playing with bandits because weapons become far too easy to obtain, but I love having more poi and zombie types.)

A stripped down version only adding buildings and zombies gives me an enhanced vanilla experience.

• 4 weeks later...

I should have the first version (zombies only) out this weekend. Have been focused on other stuff so haven't had time to properly test UMA or add them to entity groups yet.

Testing with spawnentity saw no issues (other than missing hand items which I forgot to add)

20170720085459_1.jpg

20170720085640_1.jpg

Cant hurt bandits

I get a null reference when either myself or even a zombie tries to damage a bandit that I added in game.

I will post the error from the log

Any suggestions are appreciated

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityNPC.DamageEntity (.DamageSource _damageSource, Int32 _strength, Boolean _criticalHit, Single _impulseScale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionAttack.Hit (.World _world, .WorldRayHitInfo hitInfo, Int32 _attackerEntityId, EnumDamageSourceType _dst, Single _blockDamage, Single _entityDamage, Single _staminaDamageMultiplier, Single _weaponCondition, Single _criticalHitChance, Single _baseDismemberChance, Single _dismemberBonus, System.String _attackingDeviceMadeOf, .DamageMultiplier _damageMultiplier, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _buffActions, .AttackHitInfo _attackDetails, Int32 actionExp, Single actionExpBonus, .ItemActionAttack rangeCheckedAction, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 _toolBonuses, EnumAttackMode _attackMode, Boolean _bAllowHarvestingParticles) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionMelee.hitTheTarget (.InventoryDataMelee _actionData, .WorldRayHitInfo hitInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemActionMelee.OnHoldingUpdate (.ItemActionData _actionData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClass.OnHoldingUpdate (.ItemInventoryData _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Inventory.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.XK () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

depends how long it all takes.

First pass might just be a quick and dirty hack in the groups to get them in, but half the reason to split them into tiers was to allow for easier assignment to groups.

I have 7 tiers atm for the standard zombies, ragers will add +1 tier, and radiated +2 (all radiated are ragers too), so a radiated valZombieBrute would be tier 9.

I've added little comments to each of the non basic zombies to help identify their strengths and determine which tier to place them:

Tier 1: regular

Tier 2: up to 300 hp and a stronger hand attack usually

Tier 3: 500-800 hp

Tier 4: Like 3 + special ability like dayrunning

Tier 5: 4 + powerful ability, such as exploding, or high hp and fast + climber + spiderwalk (baby boomer, clown etc)

Tier 6: Boss level, (warlord, biff, etc)

Tier 7: Massive HP + abilities (Brute)

Archived