Bad Company

StompyNZ

lol...another thing that makes this tough....

I can't see all of them on the screen in the Spawner..

I made a Few new wandering Traders wanted to spawn them to check them

anyway to make that window smaller or something?

open the console and type:

se

it will give you the list of entity ids.

then:

se [user] [entityid]

to spawn whichever entity you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey StompyNZ,

I am working on a combo pack using War of the Walkers as the base mod.

Is it okay if I use the UMA Zombies from your mod?

This is for personal use and maybe sharing with my friends, but I might release it for public use if it works well for us.

Just wanted to know how "comfortable" you are with sharing your brain child. :)

Question about adding this to a dedicated server: Server is running ValMod Exp + Cp-Prefab.

How much ram should the server have?

Was running Valmod overhaul with Compo-Pack (prefabs). Was using 2-4gb of ram on dedicated with NFO servers

Without, If you want to run alot of prefabs and badCO, you are going to likely want around gb of ram id guess. Though you may still get away with 4, i havn't used badCo, but I am currently running a private version of JZMOD (non SDX). Has both bandits and prefabs, and i survive with 4gb of ram, though I do restart the server every 12 hours to keep memory use in check. If I dont restart every 12 hours I use over 4gb and NFOservers runs a restart for me.

I was vague because it varies in other areas. How many players. Will the be in the same chunks. Are they explorers.

...there is honestly not a real answer to your question. Add as much as budget allows, restart the server frequently to account for the memory leak, and go from there.

I use 16gb, have BadCo and some other custom mods, and the server craps out at 5gb. Too many variables.

Hi StompyNZ can your Bad Company mod be added to True Survival/True Survival SDX or War of the Walker mod? If not what overhaul mods can you combine your mod with?

True Survival is an overhaul in itself and will require a good amount of work to merge with other overhaul mods.

Hello there, hopefully you'll be able to help with this.

Have been running a dedicated multiplayer server with 5-7 friends, and we're hoping to do a fresh start with several mods installed. So far it's been the vanilla map with no additions of any kind.

Had someone in another thread recommend this mod, was hoping to add it to the following three:

Valmod

Gnamod World

Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Main question is; can we add Bad Company to this list without causing instability or having to much around with XML files? Ideally want a trouble free experience!

Is there any special installation route we should use? Was hoping to use the mod launcher someone mentioned in another thread.

If you just want to add the zombies then its not super difficult. You will need to include the entities, archetypes, and entitygroups and spawning files. Hand items (and bandit weapons if you include bandits), corpse blocks, and loot section will also be needed and I think you'll have to change some loot container id's to fit with valmod (dont go over 255).

For the full mod there are extensive changes to blocks and items that valmod also changes so it becomes quite difficult to merge them.

Heyo, thanks for the in-depth reply!

Was originally hoping to get the full experience of the mod in, but as you've gone through it seemed a fairly formidable challenge to merge it all with Valmod (and Gnamod.) It would also involve a lot of gameplay decisions I'd have no idea how to make at this stage!

The main thing that attracted me to your mod is the awesome work you did with bandits + bandit forts + bandit factions (from what I could see from the intro page.) Will have to come back when I have more knowledge of how the XML files fit together!

Heyo, thanks for the in-depth reply!

Was originally hoping to get the full experience of the mod in, but as you've gone through it seemed a fairly formidable challenge to merge it all with Valmod (and Gnamod.) It would also involve a lot of gameplay decisions I'd have no idea how to make at this stage!

The main thing that attracted me to your mod is the awesome work you did with bandits + bandit forts + bandit factions (from what I could see from the intro page.) Will have to come back when I have more knowledge of how the XML files fit together!

I will consider doing a merge of bad company and valmod for a16. At this stage there will be too much changing in a16 to make the effort worth it for now

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone please help me...

It's Been awhile since I've made a zombie or two but I used 7 days to die character editor that they have in the menu system itself and was able to make color changes and all that to skin and save the profile of that character. It gave me a good starting point and I would add in the clothing and things within the file in the archetypes.xml file.

I found the editor somewhere in the forums but now I cannot find it. If it is just something I need to do in the menu of the game itself to get to it please I need the steps on how to get to the Editor again please. Been looking for over an hour trying to find it and nothing.

Thank You for your help. SeabeeMan....

Can anyone please help me...

It's Been awhile since I've made a zombie or two but I used 7 days to die character editor that they have in the menu system itself and was able to make color changes and all that to skin and save the profile of that character. It gave me a good starting point and I would add in the clothing and things within the file in the archetypes.xml file.

I found the editor somewhere in the forums but now I cannot find it. If it is just something I need to do in the menu of the game itself to get to it please I need the steps on how to get to the Editor again please. Been looking for over an hour trying to find it and nothing.

Thank You for your help. SeabeeMan....

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?53458-Archetype-Previewer-Unlock-dll-mod

-> first hit for "7 days to die archetype editor" on Google (no quotation marks).

Archived