Bad Company

StompyNZ

The more, the merrier! And if you add a sonic screwdriver, my wife might desert me for you!

It seems there should actually be a doctor as well (a real doc, not a regenerating one) since there's a nurse.

hehe, 307 entities in my file now. I'll have to add some more variations on the entites with the same archetypes next, so I can add some surprises :) I ninja'd Vals method of using an alt action to apply a buff, which has some really cool potential, including setting a timer for an entity to take near fatal damage and then explode :p

If only they added some more options for hats and shirts that would allow for better looking professions.

top 2 on my list are

doctor/nurse clothing (surgical gown, face mask, shirt with cross, hat with cross)

police gear (mainly the shirt and hat) get's a bit silly that the only cops are fat :p

Also another question.. we started a new game last night accidentally using the full 1.3.1 with the bandits. we realized this, stopped the game, I replaced the data folder with the vanilla one, and then added the zombies only badco.. but we still kept seeing bandits.

Do I need to start another new game to wipe them? I thought if I replaced the data folder with vanilla + the zombies only that would remove the bandits from spawning? Or are there some still spawning in the save that need to die off?

One thing I noticed right off the bat, is having the bandits around in early game makes it too easy because of the weapon and armor loot drops. By the end of day 1 we had plenty of ammo and an assortment of armor and weapons.

Is the bandit armor in game, or is it added by the mod in bandit loot drops? It would be nice for vanilla + badco zombies only to find rare bandit armor loot drops. Thats something I see missing from vanilla.. more rare loot drops. You'll get an occasional axe or pick axe in early game, but once you hit mid game there isn't really much you are hunting for outher than calipers or the die set.. and I think in 15.1 they made those easier to find, as we've had both before day 7... I had some games in the past where I hit day 45 before even finding a calipers.

Do you have anyone helping you with bad company? I'm thinking it might be nice to have a few people helping, like Guppy's new zombies, and maybe adding more of the Compo pois.

The problem with major additions is they take time to do, and by the time yer done you don;t know if we'll see an update that breaks things.

Or is it quicker and easier to just do the work yourself to make sure its what you really want done?

Depending on how you removed the bandits, you may be seeing already spawned bandits.

If its possible, I think it be better if the AI of bandits was more unpredictable and they did not always just fire at you none stop. Some maybe could be friendly until fired upon, some could run way, and some just want to kill you ( like they do without mercy now ).. :)

Love the mods!

Getting a null reference when Exiting. Hope the output log can help, let me know if you need more info.

2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.340 INF Disconnect
2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.576 INF [NET] DisconnectedFromServer: Connection closed
2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.578 INF [EAC] Disconnected from game server
2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.580 INF SaveAndCleanupWorld
2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.584 INF [steamworks.NET] Stopping server
2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.594 INF World.Unload
2016-12-11T11:57:44 8108.604 INF Exited thread thread_GenerateChunks
2016-12-11T11:57:45 8109.097 INF World.Cleanup
2016-12-11T11:57:45 8109.098 INF Exited thread thread_Regenerating
2016-12-11T11:57:45 8109.099 INF Exited thread ZD
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at XUiC_ActiveBuffList.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiController.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Close (.GUIWindow _w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Remove (System.String _windowName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.ReloadLocal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.SaveAndCleanupWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ConnectionManager.Net_DisconnectedFromServer (System.String _reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NetworkCommon.Disconnect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager+QH.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2016-12-11T11:57:54 8118.544 INF Persistent GamePrefs saved
2016-12-11T11:57:54 8118.545 INF Cleanup
2016-12-11T11:57:54 8118.547 WRN Missing cleanup for XML: sounds
KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,GUIWindow].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.Remove (System.String _windowName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUi.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldStaticData.Cleanup (System.String _name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldStaticData.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager+LH.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
GameManager:OnApplicationQuit()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at GUIWindowConsole.MPD () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowConsole.OnGUI (Boolean _inputActive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GUIWindowManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edit: using latest (as of this morning) Bad Company and StompyUI masters (no other mods, copied into 7D2D directoiry in that order).

Depending on how you removed the bandits, you may be seeing already spawned bandits.

I replaced the bandit modded data folder with the vanilla one, and then added the on bandit bad company to that. I'm positive I did that on all three systems, but we still kept running across them on occasion.

ts be nice to play a game past day 7 for a change.. of late tinkering with changes we just keep restarting over and over again..LOL!

Love the mods!

Getting a null reference when Exiting. Hope the output log can help, let me know if you need more info.

Edit: using latest (as of this morning) Bad Company and StompyUI masters (no other mods, copied into 7D2D directoiry in that order).

Thats a known issue with having the buff timers on the main HUD, and as yet nobody has been able to find a way to do it without the NRE. It only happens when playing on a dedi, it wont appear on SP games.

If the bug annoys you the option is to look at the top of the windows.xml file and comment out the <!-- ActiveBuffList --> section, and enable the <!-- BuffPopoutList --> section which is currently commented out.

I replaced the bandit modded data folder with the vanilla one, and then added the on bandit bad company to that. I'm positive I did that on all three systems, but we still kept running across them on occasion.

ts be nice to play a game past day 7 for a change.. of late tinkering with changes we just keep restarting over and over again..LOL!

If its done correctly then it will stop the bandits spawning without a new save. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Or donut shop!

Which reminds me... Stompy, any new poi's you'll be adding? Stumbling across new locations stokes our desire for end game exploration.

Im currently working on Banditing up the community base on Guppys server with the intention of using it as a prefab when its looking the part.

I havent had time to redo any of the broken Compo prefabs and will probably wait until a16 for any major work there as there will be a lot of work required

One thing I noticed right off the bat, is having the bandits around in early game makes it too easy because of the weapon and armor loot drops. By the end of day 1 we had plenty of ammo and an assortment of armor and weapons.

Is the bandit armor in game, or is it added by the mod in bandit loot drops? It would be nice for vanilla + badco zombies only to find rare bandit armor loot drops. Thats something I see missing from vanilla.. more rare loot drops. You'll get an occasional axe or pick axe in early game, but once you hit mid game there isn't really much you are hunting for outher than calipers or the die set.. and I think in 15.1 they made those easier to find, as we've had both before day 7... I had some games in the past where I hit day 45 before even finding a calipers.

I'm not really a fan of biome spawning Bandits, but it was all the rage when Stal first did the bandit mod so I have them in for now. My personal pref is to have them as PoI spawns only, apart from the occasional rare biome spawn that would be tough as nuts.

One interesting thing with MP. The biome spawn Bandits are crap shots on GuppyCur's server, but the ones that showed up from a roaming horde were crack shots. I actually had my first death last night because I was too casual with a bandit leader and his followers. I got hit with pretty much every shot. (4 deaths now for a15, 2 were intentional :p )

Do you have anyone helping you with bad company? I'm thinking it might be nice to have a few people helping, like Guppy's new zombies, and maybe adding more of the Compo pois.

The problem with major additions is they take time to do, and by the time yer done you don;t know if we'll see an update that breaks things.

Or is it quicker and easier to just do the work yourself to make sure its what you really want done?

Atm its just me, and that tends to be the way for most mods.

I have added Guppy's UMA's and SanguumRides as well, I'll do a release soon with those added once I have the spawning sorted for them.

Hay Stompy you might have already figured this but we were having a problem with the followers/Bandits shooting some types on zombies. This seems to fix it

entityclass.xml

<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="20"/>	
       <property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />
       <property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityBandit" />
       <property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombieCrawl" />
       <property name="AITask-5" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombie" />
       <property name="AITask-6" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombieDog" />
       <property name="AITask-7" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombieCop" />
       <property name="AITask-8" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityHornet" />
       <property name="AITask-9" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />
       <property name="AITask10" value="Follow" param1="EntityPlayer" />	
       <property name="AITask-11" value="ApproachSpot" />
       <property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />
       <property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntitySurvivor" />
       <property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombieCrawl" />
       <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombie" />
       <property name="AITarget-5" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombieDog" />
       <property name="AITarget-6" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombieCop" />
       <property name="AITarget-7" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityHornet" />
       <property name="AITarget-8" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />
       <property name="AITarget-9" value="BlockingTargetTask" />
       <property name="AITarget-10" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />
       <property name="AITarget-11" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityBandit" />
       <property name="AITarget-12" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombieCrawl" />
       <property name="AITarget-13" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombie" />
       <property name="AITarget-14" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombieDog" />
       <property name="AITarget-15" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombieCop" />
       <property name="AITarget-16" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityHornet" />
       <property name="AITarget-17" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />

Thats my follower AI you would have to adjust it for the bandit. They still have some trouble shooting at things at their feet .

Hay Stompy you might have already figured this but we were having a problem with the followers/Bandits shooting some types on zombies. This seems to fix it

entityclass.xml

<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="20"/>	
       <property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />
       <property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityBandit" />
       <property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombieCrawl" />
       <property name="AITask-5" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombie" />
       <property name="AITask-6" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombieDog" />
       <property name="AITask-7" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityZombieCop" />
       <property name="AITask-8" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityHornet" />
       <property name="AITask-9" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />
       <property name="AITask10" value="Follow" param1="EntityPlayer" />	
       <property name="AITask-11" value="ApproachSpot" />
       <property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityEnemy" />
       <property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntitySurvivor" />
       <property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombieCrawl" />
       <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombie" />
       <property name="AITarget-5" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombieDog" />
       <property name="AITarget-6" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityZombieCop" />
       <property name="AITarget-7" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityHornet" />
       <property name="AITarget-8" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />
       <property name="AITarget-9" value="BlockingTargetTask" />
       <property name="AITarget-10" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityEnemy" />
       <property name="AITarget-11" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityBandit" />
       <property name="AITarget-12" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombieCrawl" />
       <property name="AITarget-13" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombie" />
       <property name="AITarget-14" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombieDog" />
       <property name="AITarget-15" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityZombieCop" />
       <property name="AITarget-16" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityHornet" />
       <property name="AITarget-17" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" param1="EntityAnimalBear" />

Thats my follower AI you would have to adjust it for the bandit. They still have some trouble shooting at things at their feet .

Sorry, I missed this post. Yeah I've fixed them for my next release :)

Had to adjust the bears and a few others as well so that they attack the bandits etc

Edit: Still can't get the bandit to attack the spider walktype though, and the crawler walktype, especially if they didnt start as a crawler seems to confuse them at times.

I managed to work out how to get a prefab to spawn an entity at an almost exact spot (+-1 block, gotta love rounding errors). The height was being a pain, seems to height you use is twice what you actually want:

<property name="StaticSpawner.Size" value="0,74,0"/> will actualy place it at 36 height.

I can now get snipers in the towers, the leader in a nice fortified room with some leuitenants, and can also emulate sleepers by using a very small trigger distance.

Hey Stompy.... any progress at all on adding the new zombies to the zombie only version? I've been holding off doing it myself since your xmls are always so nice n clean, but if its a week or two off, I'll add Guppy and those other new ones myself to tide us over till the official release.

I want to try my hand at redoing the baby uma.. I did quite a bit of that commercially for poser figures a few years ago, and I might be able to obtain a better/different look to them. I was thinking the baby boomers might also look good with the burning man skin, since they are crawling explosives. There could maybe be a few different versions of them with biome specific appearances.

Add them in; get the experience. Even though I'm running BadCo myself, I've learned a lot by doing my own stuff.

Oh, I know how to add them in now, but I don't want to do the "unofficial" work, and then have a better update from Stompy a day later.

Since I'm helping noobies along installing mods, its confusing to them, and we need to install it on all 4 systems. (And now we have a 5th wheel who wants to join in as well.)

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany-Experimental

Here's my current work in progress. Feel free to pick it apart for the new UMA's and entities etc. All files including the vanilla ones are in there as it takes a bit of work to pick out just the changed ones :)

Keep in mind there are large scale changes in the items and I have completely re-worked the spawning with some much larger roaming hordes. Progression also has major changes so you would need a new character/save if you just used the files as is.

As far as just adding the new archetypes/entities you could just grab then archetypes and entites files, add in the required blocks and loot parts, and manually add them to spawning where needed.

Anyway I'll keep pushing my changes to that repo every couple of days so you can track the progress and such as I'm working on stuff :)

thanks for the update! BTw, we ran into a question todayin our server multiplayer.. is there a way to increase the distance limit to hear other people's voice communication? It really sucks when you are trying to direct someone, and they leave the voice range distance. I have no idea why thats in place. I'd want the game distance increased at least 5x.

(I figured if anyone knew about this, you might.)

thanks for the update! BTw, we ran into a question todayin our server multiplayer.. is there a way to increase the distance limit to hear other people's voice communication? It really sucks when you are trying to direct someone, and they leave the voice range distance. I have no idea why thats in place. I'd want the game distance increased at least 5x.

(I figured if anyone knew about this, you might.)

nothing in game for that.

Look at discord or some other voice chat server that people can join.

btw I send a steam friend request to a Gareee that has a few hundred 7d2d hours. Would be interested in a chat about what you are wanting from the mod ;)

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany-Experimental

updated with the changes I wanted to make for blocks downgrade paths (i.e. removed most of them). The metal catwalks downgrading to wood especially grinded my gears.

I have left in the traps, doors and containers, but all of the standard blocks no longer downgrade to another block when broken. I thought this was especially bad when going from metal to wood, or concrete to metal etc. In a16 I'll make it so that any solid block when broken will change to a frame (in most cases), but I'm not going to do that in a15 because there are too many frame blocks that would need to be added.

I have adjusted the HP for some materials to compensate. ReinfConc is 10k, up from 6k. Steel is 16k, up from 8k. Stainless is 25k, up from 12k. Wood is a little weaker now too.

The vault door I have added a max HP of 5k to the stage 2 and 3, and reduced the steel required from 12 to 8. The reason being that the stage1 door has 16k hp, but upgrading while it does add another 5k, it didnt justify adding another 16k hp.

Don't you dare use that logic stuff on us mister! We don't tolerate that crap here.

Fixed the recipe ingredient and craft queue UIthat I was part way through modding and had forgotten to fix :)

Queue is now 5 items, and recipes can now display 7 ingredients.

If its any consolidation Gup, I agree with you that the early game is far too slow with beating on wood blocks taking far too long ;p

Archived