Bad Company

StompyNZ

Can you maybe hide the time, or make the time piece into a collectible which you have to assemble... ?

I always find the game so much more tense when you have to read the environment to know the time of day, specially when out scavenging.

you can just comment a couple lines to hide it

I keep getting this error http://imgur.com/hWbxI0P

Isn't installing the mod as simple as dragging the Data folder to the game directory and overwriting everything? Or is there something more to this mod I'm missing?

I would guess you are trying to run with a15 xml files rather than a15.1

MCorn is a new material added for 15.1

If you are still on a15.0 then use version 1.3.1

I would guess you are trying to run with a15 xml files rather than a15.1

MCorn is a new material added for 15.1

If you are still on a15.0 then use version 1.3.1

Well 15.1 just came out today... so not sure how anyone would have access to the 15.1 xml files. Also, I was using 1.3.1

Well 15.1 just came out today... so not sure how anyone would have access to the 15.1 xml files. Also, I was using 1.3.1

It was the experimental branch which you have to opt into.

Looks like the stable is still build 16 so the master files should work with the stable 7d2d files now.

We ran this last night with 15.1 and didn;t see any glaring issues.

That said, I ran BadCo with the previous stable the day before, and came across a house and all it's stair blocks were oriented rotated 90 degree in the wrong direction. was that one of those weird glitch things?

(The house had a garage on the right, two water storage wells in the basement, and a 2nd story hallway attic ladder hanging down to a two room attic with storage boxes.)

I've noticed named storage crates never have any contents.. is this a game bug or intentional behavior? I'd think there would still be a random chance of loot in them.

We ran this last night with 15.1 and didn;t see any glaring issues.

That said, I ran BadCo with the previous stable the day before, and came across a house and all it's stair blocks were oriented rotated 90 degree in the wrong direction. was that one of those weird glitch things?

(The house had a garage on the right, two water storage wells in the basement, and a 2nd story hallway attic ladder hanging down to a two room attic with storage boxes.)

I've noticed named storage crates never have any contents.. is this a game bug or intentional behavior? I'd think there would still be a random chance of loot in them.

That will be one of the compo pack prefabs. Magoli does a great job fixing them when new updates mess them up, but sometimes a few bits get missed. Was this with extra compo prefabs added or just the ones I've included? I tried to spot any issues like that and leave the broken ones out of the mod.

The player made crates never have loot. I might look at doing what spider did and make the prefab placed ones lootable, and the player ones use a different block. I'll wait to make any significant block changes until after a16 as it sounds like there will be a major change to the system which will invalidate a lot of work.

Pre release version of my UI mod can be accessed via github now.

https://github.com/7days2mod/StompyUI

Before its properly public, I still want to get buff names/timers on the popouts, and there's 5 more map icons to add (and a couple to replace, like smell). I also want to remove the time from the compass section and only have the one down by the health bar.

I'll also need to add my world previewer changes and expand the skills, recipes, and craft queue sections, and fix the assemble popup issue by moving the popup.

Anyway, with most of this done now I'll be returning to working on Bad Company version 1.4

Well, I got the buff timers working, but couldnt find a way around the MP server crash on exit issue.

https://github.com/7days2mod/StompyUI/blob/master/Data/Config/XUi/windows.xml has the updated code, with the popout bufflist commented out so if you use it on a server you can use that instead.

The ActiveBuffList version does have a drawback of background images always on, and fills the grid from the top down rather than bottom up, but with an alpha filter on the background its not too bad.

<grid Controller="ActiveBuffWindow" pos="9,358" rows="1" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="left">
     <button name="pageDown" pos="0,0" height="0" width="0"/>
     <label name="pageNumber" pos="0,0" height="0" width="0"/>
     <button name="pageUp" pos="0,0" height="0" width="0"/>
     <grid controller="ActiveBuffList" pos="9, 9" rows="6" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="48" repeat_content="true" side="left" pivot="BottomLeft">
       <rect controller="ActiveBuffEntry" width="168" height="43" name="item" visible="false" disableautobackground="true">
         <sprite depth="3" pos="0,0" name="Background" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="ui_game_popup" height="43" width="162" flip="Horizontally" color="96,32,32,128"/>
         <sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{bufficon|once}" size="36,32" pos="8,-4"/>
         <label depth="8" pos="50,-8" font_size="15" color="[white]" pivot="topleft" height="15" text="{buffname|once}"/>
         <label depth="8" pos="50,-26" font_size="15" color="[white]" pivot="topleft" height="15" text="{buffdisplayinfo}"/>
       </rect>
     </grid>
   </grid>

- - - Updated - - -

StompyUI-08.jpg

Seryph, shes a jogger :)

Thanks. In later game her speed is fine, but we have two noon players now that still can't even wrangle the bow properly, and she'll just tear them up.

Is there a way to adjust zombies based in game time? Or maybe limit when they appear?

I'm thinking it might be good to have, say two sets each of the day runners, a slightly slower version that can appear say, day 1-10, and then the duplicate that can also appear day 10+... That way the current speedier version would appear later in game, and the slightly slower version would appear earlier in game. I think I changed them both to -.2 before the recent update. They were still fast, but you could still escape them jumping over obsticals or weaving between trees n such to slow them down a tad.

I finally encountered the baby/kid horde I replaced the chicken horde with, and it was pretty funny, so I need to put that back in.

Btw, do you know why the nurses are designed to drop paper or money, and never drop medical supplies? That seems like a odd game design choice to me, but maybe they mentioned something about that ages ago?

Thanks. In later game her speed is fine, but we have two noon players now that still can't even wrangle the bow properly, and she'll just tear them up.

Is there a way to adjust zombies based in game time? Or maybe limit when they appear?

I'm thinking it might be good to have, say two sets each of the day runners, a slightly slower version that can appear say, day 1-10, and then the duplicate that can also appear day 10+... That way the current speedier version would appear later in game, and the slightly slower version would appear earlier in game. I think I changed them both to -.2 before the recent update. They were still fast, but you could still escape them jumping over obsticals or weaving between trees n such to slow them down a tad.

I finally encountered the baby/kid horde I replaced the chicken horde with, and it was pretty funny, so I need to put that back in.

Btw, do you know why the nurses are designed to drop paper or money, and never drop medical supplies? That seems like a odd game design choice to me, but maybe they mentioned something about that ages ago?

sadly the biome spawners cant have a day range settings, only the horde and poi spawners.

For biomes you can do a seperate day and night group, but if they spawn at night they will stick around in the day until they die.

I'll say this about the vanilla loot setup... "it's weird"

Maybe they were thinking nurses are actually stripers pre disrobe, or everyone was giving them money to save them from the virus or something.

I'll probably get to the loot overhaul next weekend. The change I'm working on first is to remove all block downgrade paths except maybe the solid to frame one, and increase all material HP to compensate. I think it looks terrile when you break a metal block and it becomes wood. I might also make it so different tools are needed for different upgrades, just feels wrong to pour cement with a nailgun etc. An endgame tool I'm adding is a sonic screwdriver which would be multi purpose and fast at dismantling.

Archived