Sign in to follow this  
StompyNZ

Bad Company

Ideas:

Definitely more zombie unique abilities/styles.

Many more melee bandits

More ammo types

Gun attachments/types (suppressor and long ranged scopes for example)

Cannibals / fast melee only bandits half UMA zombie / half sane people perhaps?

Advanced / Different skills. The vanilla skill setup lacks flavor big time.

Something to progress to / more end game content (vague...I know)

Hmmmm...will have to do more thinking. Just a basic set of ideas I'm working with on my TC.

Sounds like you just want his zombies and valmod then. Thats what I'm hoping for..bad co. zombies, valmod, and the compo pois. it sounds like valmod and the compo pois already work great together, so the only real thing missing is the additional zombies.

Ideas:

Definitely more zombie unique abilities/styles.

Many more melee bandits

More ammo types

Gun attachments/types (suppressor and long ranged scopes for example)

Cannibals / fast melee only bandits half UMA zombie / half sane people perhaps?

Advanced / Different skills. The vanilla skill setup lacks flavor big time.

Something to progress to / more end game content (vague...I know)

Hmmmm...will have to do more thinking. Just a basic set of ideas I'm working with on my TC.

As long as you dont expect a silenced ak47 or shotgun :p

The cannibals remind me of the 'Enders' from Z Nation... still living, but essentially insane psychos.

For progression I have a lot of story ideas for quests to work on, but it will take time to get those all working as they have to be integrated with the prefabs for what I want to do.

Fully agree with the skills. I've already done some work on that, but need to add some of the high end skills like the sciences and some more perks.

I'm thinking of changing all guns to be launcher instead of ranged as I dont like that the ranged class just stops at max range rather than having a falloff after a certain distance. If I recall correctly with Launcher you set the FlyTime for how far it travels before it starts to drop, and LifeTime for how long the shot travels before it vanishes. I do think there is a max projectile speed which isnt true supersonic, but its decent enough to not be overly noticeable.

Ahhh wunderbar. I was actually just in the process of testing this with launchers.

Turns out...with my tests regarding a scoped crossbow, adding a Range parameter under the Action0 has an effect.

Now...I haven't dug too far into this yet. The goal was simply to make lethal effectiveness of crossbows and bows a little more realistic.

I'd be very interested to know how your tests with the FlyTime, LifeTime and Velocity parameters go.

Edit:

Adding to this...I've noticed that the "high powered scope" mod that Valmar has created not only increases the zoom capability of the sniper, but it also seems to change lethal effectiveness. I'm not positive - but I have a hunch that draw distance may also tie into effective range.

Edited by strife2016 (see edit history)

Sorry Stompy if this has been asked already.

It most likely has. Sorry sorry.

Is there a version without the Bandits?

I just want your cool zeds.

NO..... USE THE DAMN BANDITS TO DAM YA :-D. .... haha see next page lol :-D

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany/releases/tag/v1.1.2

I added a few other bit since doing that release, such as the rwgmixer and some compo prefabs, but if you want a zombie only version for now that one has most of the features without bandits.

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany/releases/tag/v1.1.2

I added a few other bit since doing that release, such as the rwgmixer and some compo prefabs, but if you want a zombie only version for now that one has most of the features without bandits.

SWEET, and thanks!

So we want babies and animals come to lunch for the banditless version, right? will the mod launcher load this, or does it manually newed to be loaded?

Edited by Gareee (see edit history)

For learning purposes, I'd like to edit the zombie only mod to remove the zombie animals. What would be the easiest way? Change the spawing file and replace the animal zombie lines? That would leave the creation of them intact, but just remove the game's ability to summon them, correct?

Also are specific ones summoned after a certain amount of time has past? I saw the alternate lumberjack in a test world, but only saw the vanilla ones in a day one hour test.

Also, does this change thy number of zombies spawned? I was running valmod expansion, the compo prefabs and this, and had 30 or more zombies on screen even with spawn settings in the game to low (turned down once from high to medium, and then down to low.) Or does this mod change or disable those settings?

For learning purposes, I'd like to edit the zombie only mod to remove the zombie animals. What would be the easiest way? Change the spawing file and replace the animal zombie lines? That would leave the creation of them intact, but just remove the game's ability to summon them, correct?

Also are specific ones summoned after a certain amount of time has past? I saw the alternate lumberjack in a test world, but only saw the vanilla ones in a day one hour test.

Also, does this change thy number of zombies spawned? I was running valmod expansion, the compo prefabs and this, and had 30 or more zombies on screen even with spawn settings in the game to low (turned down once from high to medium, and then down to low.) Or does this mod change or disable those settings?

yeah just remove the references to zanimals in spawning to stop them from showing up. Note that is a day 13 roaming horde with zombie chickens as well.

This isnt a new version btw, its an older release before I added the bandits in.

The biome spawns for zombies are about 3 times higher than vanilla. With this version there were two separate lines for spawning them, 1 for regular and one for UMA. Its something I changed in a later version but then you would have to remove the bandits to make use of the update.

I tried this a bit today along with the mod combo of valmod enhanced, and the compo pois, and my system slowed down to a crawl in towns.. from 60 fps down to 1 frame every other second. Either I'm doing something wrong, or the performance hit from this combo is far too much for our new gaming pcs to handle.

I'll see if I can figure this out here.. if I can reduce the zombie amount and remoe the animals, maybe we can run these together.

I tried this a bit today along with the mod combo of valmod enhanced, and the compo pois, and my system slowed down to a crawl in towns.. from 60 fps down to 1 frame every other second. Either I'm doing something wrong, or the performance hit from this combo is far too much for our new gaming pcs to handle.

I'll see if I can figure this out here.. if I can reduce the zombie amount and remoe the animals, maybe we can run these together.

did you turn down the uma texture settings and diable SSAO? both of those can cause overloading of memory or bad FPS

How much ram do you have in the PC's?

I kept the textures and swap, and both systems have 3 gb of video card ram, and 16 gb of standard ram.

Turning down the number of zombies cleared things up (at least for now... No telling what will happen on a horde night).

Im pretty sure I managed to get rid of the animal zombies as well... At least I haven't seen any yet.

Since this was an old version, does it include all the human type zombies?

When I was done, I had the valmod expansion, the compo poi's additions, and the bad co zombie only mod working great together.

I need the play it a bit more to see if any issues crop up, but it's exactly the changes I wanted to make. Thanks for the help!

I have 16gb ram as well and have to run at 1 step down from best quality for the textures.

I havent messed with the game stages other than to add some more UMA to the group that comes after you have killed the main waves so it shouldnt make any major diff for horde nights.

I think all the zombie UMA were in that version, if not at least most of them.

Cool. I started a new game and saw the day running behavior of the burning zed, but the rest I saw were vanilla. In not sure if that's coincidence, or if I mucked something up yet.

Tinkering with this again today. Question: It looks like entity groups has a probability entry for each character. If that was set to zero, wouldn;t that turn them off completely, leaving the entry intact?

Its looking like if I remove the zombie animals, the rest of the new zeds no longer appear.

I'm thinking the best option mg be too go to your latst release, and just change the probability to 0 on al te bandits and animals to remove them, be leave everything else intact.

Or is there other bandit suff in there that might muck something up?

Chances are excellent you're removing the zombie animals incorrectly.

...you don't want to remove the entire group, because what if that group is called by something in spawning (which it is)?

The EASY method is just to fill the group with zombies you DO want to see. It's what I do for hornets. I don't touch the hornets ANYWHERE but the entitygroup "HornetGroup"; I just change what's inside the group.

For his animals, just go through entitygroups and rename the entity names, don't mess with the surrounding groups.

Are the spawning values documented anywhere on what they do? I'll try the renaming. once i get the animals gone, I'll go through the zombie list to see if any later new additions are missing.

(Stumpy mentioned he tripled the spawn count, and I need to reduce it.)

Setting probability to 0 in the entititygroups.xml for anything you dont want to see should be the easiest way to achieve that. Removing zeds from groups has the same effect, but if you later want to readd it is gone :)

Thats what I figured, but I'm trying to suss out the spawn amount... it looks like they are a multiplier of some kind. Replacing the animal zombie names with standard zombie names does look like it works as well. There are so many spawning in cities though that my framerate drops from 60 fps to 1.. and thats a little hard to play... LOL!

Yeh, there are too many ways to do the same thing; it can get confusing. It really depends on what effect you're looking for.

As for spawn levels, see the spawning.xml file and reduce those "maxcounts". Those are exponential I believe; either that or it has the same net effect.

I'd be curious to see if the framerate drop is the same when you play peer to peer instead of using your surface as a dedi. Might be worth a check, to see whether or not improving your dedi hardware would solve the issue.

I've been testing single player directly on my gaming pc.. no server at all. There was no way I could keep up with ammo for the number of zombies on screen... and that was in a city during the day.

I figured the max counts were the spawning numbers, but most are set to 1 with a small number set higher. I'll look at the vanilla ones and compare them to see if I can figure it out.

On my server i took the zombie count in the open world down and put daily and night hordes in to get past alot of the fps and lag issues i had.I also did has stompyz had said and drop settings and now i stay at 60 fps until hordes come drops me down to 43-45 fps but returns to 60 has soon as the hordes are dead.It feels like the best of both performance and game play with some massive hordes and on a avg 20 frames lost.I do get some studder step running through town but i thinks its do to the run buff on roads.

On my server i took the zombie count in the open world down and put daily and night hordes in to get past alot of the fps and lag issues i had.I also did has stompyz had said and drop settings and now i stay at 60 fps until hordes come drops me down to 43-45 fps but returns to 60 has soon as the hordes are dead.It feels like the best of both performance and game play with some massive hordes and on a avg 20 frames lost.I do get some studder step running through town but i thinks its do to the run buff on roads.

What settings did you use to reduce the number?