Bad Company

StompyNZ

Is there any way for me to merge this mod with Valmod's Expansion pack? I was wondering if the game would work by simply copy and pasting your files into the valmod config files or if a different version of Bad Company was required. Thank you in advance.

It's not that simple unfortunately. You can add parts of it but there is some overlap and manual renumbering of items and loot container ids would be required.

As I add things in for the next version it will both become harder and less nessacary to play merged with valmod. What would be more like a good option will be adding parts of valmod to this or vice versa.

My end goal is not just a few tweaks but rather a completely different gameplay to what vanilla or valmod offer.

#StompyNZ for president.

Hungrily awaiting any and all updates. This mod is already ferocious ... With all the extras it'll be biblical.

Keep up the good work...with enough experience with the engine and pushing it to its limits, TFP may very well offer you a job to assist with $$ expansions or 7d2d 2.

When the roming bandits spawn near my base they shoot at me but cant seem to hit me even if i stand still right in front of them. I went to the strongholds out of the city the bandits there have no problem hitting me,also the random bandits around also seem to have no problems hitting me. I dont have any errors during any of this. Any ideas?

When the roming bandits spawn near my base they shoot at me but cant seem to hit me even if i stand still right in front of them. I went to the strongholds out of the city the bandits there have no problem hitting me,also the random bandits around also seem to have no problems hitting me. I dont have any errors during any of this. Any ideas?

is this SP or MP?

In all my SP testing they seem fine but on guppys server I am havent the same problem with them not hitting at all most of the time.

I've changed them to use projectile based rather than ranged ammo for the next patch as that seems to work better, but its still not that great on the server.

I've got some family stuff to take care of for the next few days so that will delay the next version for a bit.

Hello there gents! im realy eager to give this mod a good playthrough, my first impressions are very high :D

with that said i am curious, how would i go about combining the prefabs and mods in this pack with the Random Gen Combo pack? or does someone have the files i can nab? (if they can even work together that is. )

Is there any way for me to merge this mod with Valmod's Expansion pack? I was wondering if the game would work by simply copy and pasting your files into the valmod config files or if a different version of Bad Company was required. Thank you in advance.

I started a new world, then slowly started adding in parts of Valmod, and other mods, once you get the feel for how the XML's are setup, it is a matter of copying the new parts in, plus if you have questions, theres plenty of help on these forums. Just post and ask :)

Hello there gents! im realy eager to give this mod a good playthrough, my first impressions are very high :D

with that said i am curious, how would i go about combining the prefabs and mods in this pack with the Random Gen Combo pack? or does someone have the files i can nab? (if they can even work together that is. )

It depends on what exactly you are wanting to achieve.

With the 1.3.1 version I have included my own rwgmixer and 39 of what I consider good quality and theme appropriate prefabs from the compo pack. There are certainly a lot more that could be included, but some I feel don't quite fit the theme I was aiming for, and others need either fixes or adjustments before I want to include them.

Magoli and I also have quite different desires on world styles. I prefar having a central area of the map heavily populated with cities and wilderness prefabs, with lots of quality PoI's in the wilderness. My goal with the map is for the central area to be the endgame zone, with tha area from 2.5k to 9.8k from 0,0 the zone you would want to get started in.

I have also modded many of the vanilla prefab xmls so that they can spawn in a larger variety of biomes and hub types.

Give my world version a try and if there is something specific you feel is lacking i'm happy to consider suggestions or provide guidance on how to add what you are wanting.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said b4 Jax teller has the bandits working fine on his server, maybe he'll share colonel sanders recipe.

I'll jump on his server when I'm not so tired and check it out :) Had a lot to deal with since last night so won't have time to play until next week most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell you what, Bandits near cities are brutal !!!! - I died like 4/5 times in a row as they seem to home in on you and BAM BAM BAM

Zombies do attack Bandits right ?

Yes zombies do attack them, and vice versa.

Best approach in cities in the listen for the gunfire, and once it starts up try and sneak in and get some cheap shots in on the bandits, then deal with any left over zombies. Unless you attack them they should mostly attack the closest target, so keep a decent range.

yeh the pack seams to have enough prefabs to keep up varity so thats all good

with that said, im playing with a freind currently... and the bandits are shooting the ground infront of me. its.... actuly very disapointing. D: could it be that when you die, sometimes, your character looks like they are sliding around on the floor, that they are trying to aim for that? instead of them aiming for your chest area/upper or lower areas.

however, playing solo is deffinatly a fun experience, they always seam on point with that.

OK did some thorough testing and i must say there are pleanty of problems, not just the mechanic of shooting with the bandits on a server.

first off, the central hub area is massive..... so massive. so massive that nearly %75 of my spawns on a few different worlds are in it... and with how difficult it is now in the central hub, it makes it a pain in the ass to try and escape from the supposed *late game* area. so instead i set up camp, grab a dead bandits gun and am actually having a very challenging time. but even so... perhaps the *destroyed city* area should be on the outskirts of the random gen world rather then dead center... either that or have the spawns set no where near the center area.

also, bandits seam a common sight... a bit too much. when i did manage to wonder a desert biome, i was greeted by a hit squad eager for my head. 5 seconds later my lungs felt alot heavier with all the lead in them.

Also.... not realy a crticism more a enjoyment of a hilarious feature im guessing. but the zombie chickens and pigs are freaking hilarious. XD

This of course, would assume that the center of the known world is the center of the map...rather than the map itself being a fraction of a much larger area.

Just some thought. Either way makes sense to me.

I must say that bandits are a wee bit too common also, but I don't mind running to the center for late game.

By too common, I just mean that at base run speed I'll see a new bandit from a different group approximately every 10-20 seconds running in a straight line.

Seed: badcompany

When a bomb hits something, the center is destroyed while the outskirts damaged. So I disagree, I think the destroyed part should be in the middle.

i do understand that but with how spawning works currently, i belive it to be a better design choice to put the late game content further away from the spawn area. cos as it stands its makeing it impossible to escape the hellhole.

all that said and done, loooking forward to next update. :D

i do understand that but with how spawning works currently, i belive it to be a better design choice to put the late game content further away from the spawn area. cos as it stands its makeing it impossible to escape the hellhole.

all that said and done, looking forward to next update. :D

Well this answers my question, I am constantly mowed down now by bandits not zombies, and this being 1/2 day of spawning. They are very prominent from the word go and for a game thats favorably based around a zombie apocalypse than a human one I think bandits need to be a winy tiny less in the world.

Of course this is where we all going to have different ideas and views so its going to be hard to strike a happy balance with these things.

OK did some thorough testing and i must say there are pleanty of problems, not just the mechanic of shooting with the bandits on a server.

first off, the central hub area is massive..... so massive. so massive that nearly %75 of my spawns on a few different worlds are in it... and with how difficult it is now in the central hub, it makes it a pain in the ass to try and escape from the supposed *late game* area. so instead i set up camp, grab a dead bandits gun and am actually having a very challenging time. but even so... perhaps the *destroyed city* area should be on the outskirts of the random gen world rather then dead center... either that or have the spawns set no where near the center area.

also, bandits seam a common sight... a bit too much. when i did manage to wonder a desert biome, i was greeted by a hit squad eager for my head. 5 seconds later my lungs felt alot heavier with all the lead in them.

Also.... not realy a crticism more a enjoyment of a hilarious feature im guessing. but the zombie chickens and pigs are freaking hilarious. XD

It is an easy change to adjust the centeral wasteland area.

Look for this bit at the bottom of the rwgmixer.xml and adjust to your tastes:

<biome_spawn_rule name="wasteland">

<distance_from_center range="0,2400"/>

<biome_generator range="0,0.10"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

My preferance is to have a large area of wasteland at the map center, but if thats not your style just reduce the 2400 (thats how many blocks from 0,0 the wasteland will extend) or remove the distance_from_center line entirely to not have a wasteland only center.

The story revolves are this centeral wasteland but its not vital so no harm in changing it for your server.

Initially I had no bandits in the biome spawners. Many people were commenting on the bandit mod that they enjoyed the change of having them wandering the biomes, so I added them in. My personal preference is to not have them in the biomes so I will probably reduce their number significantly, especially with the issue of their aim on MP making them free loot.

I will try to get onto Jax's server soon to check out how they are behaving there, and if its how I want them to work i'll see if I can get a copy of his entity file to see what the difference is. My time is a bit limited atm with a combo of some crazy stuff going on, and also starting a new job tomorrow so it might take a bit before I can check on it and work on the update in detail.

I love the idea of zombie animals, the current ones are essentially a placeholder until I can get the UMA animals in and make some nasty non humanoid critters to eat people with.

Unfortunately there is no control over where you spawn in rwg atm. For servers a server manager could handle the new player spawn teleporting to a safe area. for SP you can type dm in console then teleport out of the 2400 wasteland zone as alternative options to adjusting the world as well.

Long term I think the biome bandits will be very rare except for the wasteland.

I would have them only as roaming horde spawns but they dont move towards the player when spawned in as a roaming horde, I assume due to something missing in the AI for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep making RWG single player maps, and either I am getting very lucky or am I now being spawned near the center Hub in each game ?

Not sure why, but most of the games I start I am over 2k from the center

Unfortunately there is no control over where you spawn in rwg atm.
Actually there is a way, but you have to use the ringworld-rwgmixer-tweak I posted here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=514193&viewfull=1#post514193

I have tweaked this further now, and a wasteland zone that's ranging from 500 to 2500 and a center zone of a customized "city_wasteland"-biome. There's also no height-based generation of snow, water and pine_forest.

I assume, that the player may not be spawned in the wasteland, so what the game does is spawning them exactly in the center at 0|0. And that is just fantastic, particularly for a server. You can put anything you like there, a building for example or an area where zombies can't go in (with blocks that have some "kill zombies instantly"-buff).

One might think that the rings are overall unnatural. I was expecting that. Surprisingly, I find them to be the exact opposite. Ingame I hardly notice the ring-structure, even with biomes being just 1000 blocks wide. It also makes more sense when the biomes are arranged reasonably and you don't have a desert next to snow next to burnt forest next to a vivid forest next to a wasteland.

Not sure why, but most of the games I start I am over 2k from the center
Don't you have wasteland at the center? I think you once mentioned it. That's why. I tried to make the wasteland zone smaller, but it needs to be 2.5k-ish to spawn the player at 0|0.

Anyways, I do wish there was a command of some sort, that allows us to spawn players wherever we like. Too bad they don't have ANY time to put such tweaks in, eh?! :nevreness:

Actually there is a way, but you have to use the ringworld-rwgmixer-tweak I posted here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=514193&viewfull=1#post514193

I have tweaked this further now, and a wasteland zone that's ranging from 500 to 2500 and a center zone of a customized "city_wasteland"-biome. There's also no height-based generation of snow, water and pine_forest.

I assume, that the player may not be spawned in the wasteland, so what the game does is spawning them exactly in the center at 0|0. And that is just fantastic, particularly for a server. You can put anything you like there, a building for example or an area where zombies can't go in (with blocks that have some "kill zombies instantly"-buff).

One might think that the rings are overall unnatural. I was expecting that. Surprisingly, I find them to be the exact opposite. Ingame I hardly notice the ring-structure, even with biomes being just 1000 blocks wide. It also makes more sense when the biomes are arranged reasonably and you don't have a desert next to snow next to burnt forest next to a vivid forest next to a wasteland.

Don't you have wasteland at the center? I think you once mentioned it. That's why. I tried to make the wasteland zone smaller, but it needs to be 2.5k-ish to spawn the player at 0|0.

Anyways, I do wish there was a command of some sort, that allows us to spawn players wherever we like. Too bad they don't have ANY time to put such tweaks in, eh?! :nevreness:

If you have only one hub on the map players will spawn at 0,0 every time, but with multiple hubs its random from what I've seen.

I could add non player spawning on the wastelands destroyed stone, but that will probably just mean you spawn on a piece of trash or some other block in there instead. Long term adding no player spawn to any non terrain could work, and exclude destroyed stone as well.

Archived