Car Respawning

Anabella

You would need to make sure the one you dragged into your mod folder is Ana_Vehicle_Respawner folder. Github puts the mod inside a folder called 7D2D-Vehicle-Respawner-master which you don't need and would mess up stuff.

That was the exact problem! thank you!

• 5 months later...

Lovely, thank you. An indispensable Mod when running Bdub's Vehicles and the resources it requires for players who want to build the whole collection. :)

I took the liberty of adding <property name="MaxDamage" value="10000"/> shared from elsewhere to reduce periodic 'accidents' with the placement wheel.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:07 AM, arramus said:

Lovely, thank you. An indispensable Mod when running Bdub's Vehicles and the resources it requires for players who want to build the whole collection. :)

I took the liberty of adding <property name="MaxDamage" value="10000"/> shared from elsewhere to reduce periodic 'accidents' with the placement wheel.

Thanks.  Love to hear when it is helpful.  It lets me know it is still worth me taking the time to keep it updated and available.  Curious about the accidents, is it when someone runs it over with a jeep or something?  That is cool though if it works for you.  I have it set at the amount of what I do because I hated beating on that wheel forever to clear them off the road or for removing them for building purposes. 

@Anabella The accidents just relate to indiscriminate use of weapons and explosives or players who see the wheel as a lootable object and do their hardest to take all they can get. From time to time a wheel is lost through a vehicle explosion but it’s a rarity.This just settles things down. I know what you mean about road clearing though. A stock map like Navezgane can be absolutely littered and clog up the roads with a couple of cars or more, loot boxes, ice boxes, and other bits at major junctions which just have to go. I have got too used to playing on custom maps with wider roads that appear to severely limit the amount of road spill.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Ranger_Ric said:

Anna, I love your mod but it does not work in 19.1. I get memory failure and the game crashes out every time I take a car apart or within a min after. This is a decent machine with an i7 and 16 gb of ram. 

snip

I think it's the game and memory issues. This machine hovers at 11.5 GB being used just standing there with nothing happening and no zombies around. I've always had this problem with 19 and to a slightly lesser extent with 18+. I have shut down literally everything running in the background and have my graphics set to medium with most of the advanced setting on low, this game uses an enormous amount of memory. I can run Empyrion and Borderlands maxed out but this game, I am lucky to play an hour before a low memory crash and after adding the car respawn mod, it jumps up to 14gb used and crashes within mins. 

.7d2d_mem.thumb.JPG.d01562adb23c04abcfb66e3e77728b4a.JPG

15 hours ago, Ranger_Ric said:

Anna, I love your mod but it does not work in 19.1. I get memory failure and the game crashes out every time I take a car apart or within a min after. This is a decent machine with an i7 and 16 gb of ram. 

Do you have any other mods installed?  If so which ones?  Are you using the a19.1 version? Not the dropbox one above as I don't have a dropbox link to my mod.   I have tested the mod and can't find any issues with it so I do need more information.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, Slawa said:

Works with 19.1

Please remove the link you put to where you edited my mod. I am fine with people making edits to use in their own games even to the point of sharing with friends playing on their servers.  But I don't want them linked in this forum since I try and troubleshoot problems.  Btw the version you are using does not have my latest changes to add the new vehicles.

5 hours ago, Ranger_Ric said:

I think it's the game and memory issues. This machine hovers at 11.5 GB being used just standing there with nothing happening and no zombies around. I've always had this problem with 19 and to a slightly lesser extent with 18+. I have shut down literally everything running in the background and have my graphics set to medium with most of the advanced setting on low, this game uses an enormous amount of memory. I can run Empyrion and Borderlands maxed out but this game, I am lucky to play an hour before a low memory crash and after adding the car respawn mod, it jumps up to 14gb used and crashes within mins. 

*picture snipped to save space*

Every game is going to run different.  7 Days is well known to take a bit of resources as it has pushed the limits on voxel gaming to give us the masterpiece that it is.  So do you have issues with crops growing? It is the same code that I use to do the car respawn.  Are you doing a bunch of cars at once?  Does it happen if you only do 1 car?

6 hours ago, Ranger_Ric said:

I think it's the game and memory issues. This machine hovers at 11.5 GB being used just standing there with nothing happening and no zombies around.

About this.  How much is 7 Days using when you look at the Processes tab?  Mine is less than 5 GB.

Thank you so much for the reply Anna and also thanks to arramus who sent me a PM about how he fixed a similar problem. I want to share that tip because it solved the problem and yes, it was a memory issue. I have 4 other minor mods running on a solo, 8k nitrogen map and 7d has always hovered around 11.5gb. It goes down some after awhile but can spike to 14.5 sometimes which crashes the game. Apparently, adding your mod put me too close to the edge. 

arramus suggested I turn on paging which I did. Who would think you need paging with 16gb of ram right? Well, 7d needs it and letting windows manage it still caused frequent crashes so I hard capped the virtual mem at 16gb and that solved the problem. On an ssd you just notice a flicker now and then so it's tolerable. 

Running the 19.1 version btw and I get all mods from 7daystodiemods.com.

• 5 months later...

Archived