Sign in to follow this  
Anabella

Car Respawning

how would i rework this if I wanted to make respawning boulders? saw the earlier code for it but it hasnt been updated for use as a modlet in A17.

Same way. Make a grass that grows into a rock, then point the real rocks to destroy into those.

Let me know if you get it to work. I'm working every day till the 9th but will try look into making it for you.

i think it would be cool if the downgrade was those useless tires we find everywhere and make them as hard as steel to break.

and the boulders can grow from single rocks

I'm thinking of reusing this to also make other traps and nests. thanks!

Add

<property name="MaxDamage" value="20000"/>

to the placeholder aka "Nothing"

well maybe 150 is a more serious value

(but no higher values than the 20 000)

why no higher than 20k? i set mine at 60k..

also, why not create a separate spawner for buses?

- - - Updated - - -

curious also how we can get other colors, all cars are spawning white.

why no higher than 20k? i set mine at 60k..

also, why not create a separate spawner for buses?

- - - Updated - - -

curious also how we can get other colors, all cars are spawning white.

It is possible to do it separately for buses but I originally did it for myself and just put them all together. As for them spawning all white that is new to me as i was getting random color. Maybe something change in the last few updates. Real Life has been preventing me from spending time playing games lately.

It is possible to do it separately for buses but I originally did it for myself and just put them all together. As for them spawning all white that is new to me as i was getting random color. Maybe something change in the last few updates. Real Life has been preventing me from spending time playing games lately.

same here.. currently landscaping our yard on a budget of 0 dollars. with a back damaged in a car accident, while working. i can either play or mod, not both, haha.

all the cars are white. working on separating the buses into their own spawner, changing the airblock to a tire with a high hitpoints... but everything being spawned is a white car. which is a bummer since i also planned on adding in 20 unique car colors.

same here.. currently landscaping our yard on a budget of 0 dollars. with a back damaged in a car accident, while working. i can either play or mod, not both, haha.

all the cars are white. working on separating the buses into their own spawner, changing the airblock to a tire with a high hitpoints... but everything being spawned is a white car. which is a bummer since i also planned on adding in 20 unique car colors.

Just testing the separated file now. I've already split the bus and car mods. Don't have time to find the tire code right now to set that up but you can set the grass to high hitpoints if you wanted.

Just testing the separated file now. I've already split the bus and car mods. Don't have time to find the tire code right now to set that up but you can set the grass to high hitpoints if you wanted.

O I've already done all of this and tested it.. its all working. set the material value to Mstainlessteel and the damage to 600000. its all tested and running smoothly. EXCEEPPTTT>>> all the cars spawning are white. and this annoys me.

trying to figure out how to append a new color set and force the code to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

cars:

<append xpath="/blocks">

<block name="carSeed">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="tire" />
			<property name="CustomIconTint" value="660066"/>		
			<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />
			<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />	
			<property name="Material" value="MstainlessSteel"/>
			<property name="MaxDamage" value="6000000"/>
			<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>
			<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
            <property name="Model" value="Entities/OutdoorDecor/tire02Prefab"/>
			<property name="Texture" value="267"/>		
			<property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
			<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false" />
			<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />	
			<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />
			<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="lootMyCarsHelper" />
			<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="1" /><!-- amount of days for respawn 60 equals 1 day (Assumes default day length. This is really in real minutes.) -->
			<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="0" />
			<property name="PlantGrowing.IsRandom" value="false" />
		</block>

<block name="lootMyCarsHelper">
			<property name="Extends" value="corrugatedMetalSheet" param1="DescriptionKey"/>
			<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="corrugatedMetalSheet"/> <property name="CustomIconTint" value="660066"/>
			<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>
			<property name="LootList" value="16"/>
			<property name="FilterTags" value="fdesign"/>
			<drop event="Fall" count="0" prob="0"/>
		</block>
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntCar03SedanDamage2']"><property name="DowngradeBlock" value="carSeed"/></append> <!-- Car Downgrade code (Required) -->	

</config>

bus:

<append xpath="/blocks">

<block name="busSeed">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="tire" />
			<property name="CustomIconTint" value="660066"/>		
			<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />
			<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />	
			<property name="Material" value="MstainlessSteel"/>
			<property name="MaxDamage" value="6000000"/>
			<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>
			<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
            <property name="Model" value="Entities/OutdoorDecor/tire02Prefab"/>
			<property name="Texture" value="267"/>		
			<property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
			<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="false" />
			<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />	
			<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />
			<property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="lootMyBusHelper" />
			<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="1" /><!-- amount of days for respawn 60 equals 1 day (Assumes default day length. This is really in real minutes.) -->
			<property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="0" />
			<property name="PlantGrowing.IsRandom" value="false" />
		</block>

<block name="lootMyBusHelper">
			<property name="Extends" value="corrugatedMetalSheet" param1="DescriptionKey"/>
			<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="corrugatedMetalSheet"/> <property name="CustomIconTint" value="660066"/>
			<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>
			<property name="LootList" value="16"/>
			<property name="FilterTags" value="fdesign"/>
			<drop event="Fall" count="0" prob="0"/>
		</block>
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusSchool']"><property name="DowngradeBlock" value="busSeed"/></append> <!-- Bus Downgrade code (Optional) -->
<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusSchoolShort']"><property name="DowngradeBlock" value="busSeed"/></append> 
<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusShuttle']"><property name="DowngradeBlock" value="busSeed"/></append> 
<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusCity']"><property name="DowngradeBlock" value="busSeed"/></append> 	

<!-- Busses: Additional Resources from harverst (Optional) -->
<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusSchool']">
	<drop event="Harvest" name="smallEngine" count="1" prob="0.25" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceRadiator" count="1" prob="0.5" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="ammoGasCan" count="20,130" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="carBattery" count="1" prob="0.2" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceOil" count="1,3" prob="0.5" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusSchoolShort']">
	<drop event="Harvest" name="smallEngine" count="1" prob="0.25" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceRadiator" count="1" prob="0.5" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="carBattery" count="1" prob="0.2" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
	<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceOil" count="1,3" prob="0.5" tag="salvageHarvest"/>
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusShuttle']">
</append>

<append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBusCity']">
</append>

You only need the Downgrade block and additional harvest code on the cntBusSchool block. All the other busses inherit from this and will gain the code automatically. The school bus is the parent block. I can't see any reason for the white cars. The main blocks file still has the random tint code in it so it may be an issue with the game not using the tint settings correctly.

The main zip file has been updated to A17.2 It now has the bus and car spawners separate. You can use 1 or both as you choose but now cars will only be replaced by cars and busses replaced by a bus.

File is here: Car and Bus Respawner

Edited by mat1k (see edit history)

You only need the Downgrade block and additional harvest code on the cntBusSchool block. All the other busses inherit from this and will gain the code automatically. The school bus is the parent block. I can't see any reason for the white cars. The main blocks file still has the random tint code in it so it may be an issue with the game not using the tint settings correctly.

ooh thanks. i wasnt sure.

still trying to figure out how to append additional colors.

car colors

so there seems to be a change in the way cars are tinted. the game seems to be choosing from a base of 4 colors (white, black, blue, grey, red) and white is the base color. even manually swapping out the entire set of tints for the cars to a new set, the cars still spawn in those base colors and respawn only in white. This is kind of disappointing.

thank you to Mat1k for his advice and help. also, check out his mod, it now spawns cars and buses separately, so no more buses cutting through walls.

The other that was on here wasn’t mine. The last one I did was for a16. I had not realize there was still interest in the mod. Plus I did very little modding and playing of a17. Hopefully the update I posted will work for everyone.

The other that was on here wasn’t mine. The last one I did was for a16. I had not realize there was still interest in the mod. Plus I did very little modding and playing of a17. Hopefully the update I posted will work for everyone.

I only made the A17 because you had stopped updating it. I was going to bring my one to A18 but f your back i'll leave it to you. I've got another 8 to fix for A18 yet.

Downloaded this Mod from post #76

if I understood right from post #1 we should see a tire with a rim where the car was correct?

I am not seeing this when I wrench up a car/sedan or a bus

does this mean that mod is not working properly for me ?

Hi Illusion,

Post #76 states "The respawn block is an air block with no collision what avoids being accidentally broken."

Have a nice day :)

Hi Illusion,

Post #76 states "The respawn block is an air block with no collision what avoids being accidentally broken."

Have a nice day :)

Ah Crap ... I completely missed that.

Thanks BluntJdogg for correcting me :rapture:

No Worries mate,

by the looks of the code you can change it to an object by editing these line under "carRespawn"

<property name="Material" value="Mair"/>

<property name="Shape" value="Invisible"/>

but this is just a guess, I have not tested it.