Car Respawning

• 2 weeks later...

The game wouldn't load past blocks.xml saying there's no such material as "airEnhanced" so I scanned the materials.xml and couldn't find it. I found "air" instead, changed it to that and it loaded. Have yet to see if it works though.

The game wouldn't load past blocks.xml saying there's no such material as "airEnhanced" so I scanned the materials.xml and couldn't find it. I found "air" instead, changed it to that and it loaded. Have yet to see if it works though.

You probably missed the step from the OP. I almost missed it as well since it was all together in one spoiler and not seperated.

From Materials

<material id="airEnhanced">
	<property name="collidable" value="false" />
	<property name="lightopacity" value="0" />
	<property name="Hardness" type="float" value="50000" />
	<property name="Mass" type="int" value="30" />	  
</material>

I just installed this and the server started with no issues. Used that and the code update from dr.toast.

• 1 month later...

I am having some issues with this and its likely my understanding of how it works. First, I can wrench a car to the point of having grass left. If I leave the grass a car respawns but if not then there is no car respawn. Is this how its intended to work?

From admin I can place several types of cars but they are always empty? is this intended?

I was hoping that when a player destroys a car that it would eventually respawn but as I said, if the grass gets destroyed nothing respawns.

I have also reviewed Royals mod that covers the same mod but I see nothing different so again, I might be misunderstanding something here. Is there a way to have completely destroyed cars respawn?

Air is a tricky block, so what the mod does is change to a new "grass" onDestroy, and that grass "grows" into the car. So yeh, destroying the grass destroys the "plant" that turns into a car.

Thanks Guppy. I assumed that’s what happened but wasn’t sure. So when placing cars from the creative I assume they are always going to be empty cars then? Not Like you can plant a car seed I guess... :02.47-tranquillity:

• 2 months later...

First: All credit to the original autor of the car respawner.

This one works in A17 b(208) and i'll keep updating it with each build.

It includes Busses by default but you can remove those if you wish.

It also adds things like Engines, Batteries, Radiators, Gas and Oil to the busses as it seemed weird you wouldn't get those from a bus.

You can comment out or remove this section in blocks.xml if unwanted.

Placeholder is Grass. Easy to remove if you don't want the car to come back.

Car Respawner: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S31Hyq_GZsIGWI8D0wK0aFYdDAshOd_D

Edited by mat1k
Typos (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

It also adds things like Engines, Batteries, Radiators, Gas and Oil to the busses as it seemed weird you wouldn't get those from a bus.

Car Respawner: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S31Hyq_GZsIGWI8D0wK0aFYdDAshOd_D

Works great, thanks. Also, thanks for the responses in the PMs.

Just download but i guess i take your modlet as base for my own (i guess i will adapt the the other modlets)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103985-Vanilla-modlet-collection&p=924173&viewfull=1#post924173

Hello.

I used the car respawn in A17 estable b240 in my MP server.

But, when the car are spawning (I guess) the server freeze and a lot of errors are show in the console, forcing to restart the server without the mod.

I will try another day and log the errors.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Goshawkdm (see edit history)

How to use mat1k's spawner mod

Tested on A17b240

1. Download the "car spawner.zip" from https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S31Hyq_GZsIGWI8D0wK0aFYdDAshOd_D

2. Create a "Mods" folder under the root game directory of 7D2D

3. Extract the zip to this folder:

file-location.JPG.973f7b96628bb5f6fdbe49124160a390.JPG

4. Restart the server

5. Login to the server and go into creative mode (F1 -> cm)

6. locate the "nothing" block

spawn-item.thumb.jpg.1e8fc0124e1fa70550c01d625cf9dd93.jpg

7. put it in your toolbar and place the object, should look like a white piece of grass, wait 6hrs for it to "grow"

spawner.jpg.c6ea2842101bb177f28568a5605a5c27.jpg

How to use mat1k's spawner mod

Tested on A17b240

1. Download the "car spawner.zip" from https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S31Hyq_GZsIGWI8D0wK0aFYdDAshOd_D

2. Create a "Mods" folder under the root game directory of 7D2D

3. Extract the zip to this folder:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27023[/ATTACH]

4. Restart the server

5. Login to the server and go into creative mode (F1 -> cm)

6. locate the "nothing" block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27024[/ATTACH]

7. put it in your toolbar and place the object, should look like a white piece of grass, wait 6hrs for it to "grow"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27025[/ATTACH]

Nice! Thanks!

Some POI's /Starterbases have cars in them. If a player made a base and upgrades there, destroyed the car and place blocks on it, will it still respawn and ruin the base?

Nice! Thanks!

Some POI's /Starterbases have cars in them. If a player made a base and upgrades there, destroyed the car and place blocks on it, will it still respawn and ruin the base?

The Grass is spawned by the Car

Remove the Grass = Remove the Respawn

BUT

Matiks versions can cause a problem, in his version is is possible that a car respawns a bus. And then yes, if a base is arround a car it can be problematic (Same for pois like the hotel with cars in it, at least i guess this, didnt test if a resapwning bus can harm the hotel)

My adapated version removes busses from the placeholder list

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103985-Vanilla-modlet-collection

and munki, you can place the cars, so you have better control how the car is placed when respawned

Edited by Royal Deluxe (see edit history)

and munki, you can place the cars, so you have better control how the car is placed when respawned

yeah i haven't really done much with it, was trying to work out how to use the spawner, and wasn't much explanation, do i need to edit the XML.. tried that and didn't work.. so after some research i found setting it up as a mod worked.. so thought i would make it easy on everyone and provide instructions if they didn't know what to do.

• 4 weeks later...
When you loot a car and the grass comes it only need one hit to remove.

Is it possible to make the hit to the grass much higher.

Add

<property name="MaxDamage" value="20000"/>

to the placeholder aka "Nothing"

well maybe 150 is a more serious value

(but no higher values than the 20 000)

When you loot a car and the grass comes it only need one hit to remove.

Is it possible to make the hit to the grass much higher.

Add

<property name="MaxDamage" value="20000"/>

to the placeholder aka "Nothing"

well maybe 150 is a more serious value

(but no higher values than the 20 000)

That would work. I never actually saw the need to make it harder to get rid off. Thanks Royal Deluxe, saves me having to go look and see myself.

• 3 weeks later...