Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schwanz9000

Coppi's Additions and ServerTools fighting for Chat Hook

Hi schwanz9000,

Please update to the latest Alloc's fixes "rev. 301 (12_14_19) (2017-01-03)", if you've got time. There is an issue with the latest unity version of the server - Alpha 15.1 (b17). It spams the log file (hundreds of MBs after a few hours) and "getplayerslocation' doesn't work.

Has anyone tested this with the Starvation mod? Seems most ServerTools commands don't return anything yet if I restore a vanilla copy of the dedicated server then the ServerTools commands run just fine. IE, typing /day7 in chat with it enabled in the xml does nothing Just returns /day7 in the chat window. Typing /sethome with it enabled in the xml returns "ethome" in orange in the chat window. Is it because Starvation has SDX which modifies the Asse,bly-CSharp dll? It seems to display the MOTD just fine though.

I think Starvation mod uses a different chat window, you'd have to revert to the original chat window and I think ti'll work.

Yep.. my bad. I read the Starvation documentation (who would have thought to do that lol) and noticed they have a custom chat toggle option. Once I disabled the custom chat then it worked fine. Thanks for the help.

And you can create or you will have the opportunity to build a team the admins can view the inventory of players?I think it will help to deal with cheaters!

So my question is how do I use chat colors or make a custom command for chat colors so that players/admins can change their name and/or text to a different color using hex codes?

My question is how to use chat colors or set up a custom command so that players/admins can change their name or chat to a different color using hex codes?

Is there a way to have the bookmark markers always visible on the map? Right now I can only see a specific marker if I click one of the bookmarks from the bookmark list.

Is there a way to have the bookmark markers always visible on the map? Right now I can only see a specific marker if I click one of the bookmarks from the bookmark list.

I'll have to dust this code off and see what I can do. It's been awhile. No promises though. :tongue-new:

Unless Coppi's chat command hide is ON by default, that assumption is incorrect.

Unless Coppi's chat command hide is ON by default, that assumption is incorrect.

Dude., All 3 mods have a few of the same functions. And note "can cause" conflict.

The chats not the issue it was before for. Its merely a point to save work and un-needed comments. Like Assumptions that are actually supportive if you look at them with a background, intent, understanding.

So you put together ACS mod that gets them working a little better with each other, with chat good for you. keep up the good work. Its all about support dude.

As a courtesy update for you this information is already outdated and wrong - Examples A /cancel reboot for admin purposes conflicting with the clan manager is one thing where the TCCH needs to be toggled. Old Invalid items that are now craft-able yet still banning the player on Server-tools is another. Some of them maybe quick fixed. Like tcch / - /cancel reboot - tcch which is fine not too much extra.

But for those who run and admin several servers using the invalid stacks kick/ban feature is a great bonus. Till it bans for the old creative e.g - cntlockers and adobe trim corners. then its of to log in at the host turnoff, unban, possibly even kill to get the ♥♥♥♥ from the players BP. then turn on again

Both different mods. Both cause conflicts, Your ACS doesn't resolve these. I advised both Coppi and Dmustanger of the issue. to assist in a resolve for them. & you now too. hope this helps.

Dear Readers

The tools are to help make processes less arduous not to make more work. Some of the conflicts do. "This is just something that needed to be highlighted so that those less experienced don't go off on one".

All 3 plugins/mods work with each other, a vast majority of the way. Whether a server manager wants to incorporate all 3 or not. Something to be highlighted for admins to be aware of.

This prevents further rattling around and work, then when any of the plugs spring a bugs, conflict or override "Which doesn't need to be the case", we can kindly pass the information on to Any of the Moderators or Developers so they can continue to assist us with patch/updates.

Regards. Ari

And you can create or you will have the opportunity to build a team the admins can view the inventory of players?I think it will help to deal with cheaters!

:eagerness: Hey ARQ - You can also list the players items in the console too. if your using the above mentioned fixes or mods - showinvetory / si {playerID} will give you a view of their BP without having to leave the game.

Invalid items record in the chat logs. you can always check at the host for additional info when you detect cheating also check the players association behind the scenes with ACL in the players xml. And - Loglevel all - at the web-interface. Bare in mind this can be a heavy work load. sometimes needed.

Cheaters generally don't give a monkeys. That's why they cheat.

Regards - Ari

I'll have to dust this code off and see what I can do. It's been awhile. No promises though. :tongue-new:

. Let me know please dude. Ill give it a test drive for you. then we can all have the right updated info supporting.

Thanks. Ari.

the mod authers could always adopt a system like my api mod that allows you to configure everything in a text xml

once the game is gold I dont want to be altering mod source code just to make it play nice with another mod :) There's only so many options without namespacing your commands and chat hooks before you start getting untennable

the mod authers could always adopt a system like my api mod that allows you to configure everything in a text xml

once the game is gold I dont want to be altering mod source code just to make it play nice with another mod :) There's only so many options without namespacing your commands and chat hooks before you start getting untennable

Hey Guys. Quick update. I've found that if you use an additional space afore your command. it will give off the correct function from the mod. Example CBSM /cancel reboot causes servertools to respond with clanmanager is not enabled but if you press space first then it works. this is also the same for day7 green ST or white CBSM. so tcch / is not required to get the chat/hook playing nice. Just a simple space. Ill be looking into this more.

Thanks. Ari

Not fully tested, but working just fine for me so far. Some of Coppi's stuff would be my only concern at the moment.

Let me know if you see anything.

Servertools allows the chat command triggers to be changed from their default / and ! so that other mods and tools will not conflict. You can set a custom one of your choice or leave it with the default / and !

Servertools allows the chat command triggers to be changed from their default / and ! so that other mods and tools will not conflict. You can set a custom one of your choice or leave it with the default / and !

They will still conflict because the main problem is not the chat prefix but the suppressing of the chatmessage in either mod thats loaded first and before other mods that use chatmessages for interpretation. If a mod suppresses the chatmessage (name coloring, tcch etc), the mods that come after will never ever see that message flying by for interpreting evt. commands in there. In short: every "return false" on the chathook will stop the message flow for that message and it will disappear in a black hole.

Cheers

LOL, not that you would be surprised but its broke. As is Bad Company manager. They show up under version command! That might just be that it reads the folder title. When yopu do help they do not show up. Nor when you do bc-help or cp-help. I hoe you will fix it , if not thank you for what you have done!