CLASSIC Style HARDCORE [MOD]

n2n1

On the contrary - my tweak of RWG go towards reduction of the water and mountainous. But they're not as fundamentally how did Tin. Anyway - there is big dependence from seedname.

But I don't have these problems because i beforehand selection good seedname by viewing them in RWGpreviewier. The problem of "bad" seedname the same applies to vanilla, there simply configured so that there is nothing to break.

Now .dll switched to "archetype editor" and does not launch RWGprewiever. In the next patch I will correct this omission.

At first i did not removed the "sort button" of the inventory and it is present in the GUI as an experiment, but experience has shown that it is useless. (well...maybe..only for those who are accustomed to do without it...).

Now I'm not near my PC but, later, if you still interested I can help to configure or to explain how you can change all this in accordance with your wishes.

About the grass I wrote earlier:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE&p=582259&viewfull=1#post582259

it is also possible to fix as cost of beauty biomes. By the way it also depends on seedname - some seedname increase the density, and i suggest to avoid such because it affects not only the grass, this is also (but rarely) present in Vanilla and spoils the game balance.

When I edit any .xml file of this mod, even with only the simplest change (like for example uncommenting the line to show the minibike icon), the game won't load at all and the console just throws out a ton of red NullReferenceExceptions. Why is this the case here, and is there maybe a workaround? I've never encountered this before, even SDX mods that also change the .dlls can usually be edited without problems. I'm just used to slightly changing some things to my preference, it'd be great if this mod allowed for that too.

hmmm...this wasn't supposed to be happen. Later i will check about the minibike and notify. The mod has a interconnected structure, but widely allows you to tune within. Something like: "integration or merging with other mods" is problematic.

Although... i know that GUI was converted into multiplayer, and H3nriQ - integrated in here - Romero mod :)

Great Mod! Good to hear original theme again, I'm getting question mark where toolbelt and grid are. My game is in D:/, so I put ExtTexture folder in 7DTD directory in D:/, correct?

No - path is specified for C:\, in any case - it should be C:\.

(this lack of flexibility is related to my categorical unwillingness to play with the enabled Internet, and because of the frequent runs/restartings during modding :))

Some Mods do something like this:

<texture name="SMXToolbeltSlot" depth="0" size="83,83" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\toolbeltslot.png" material="Materials/Transparent" />

With the toolbeltslot.png being added under the Mods\SMX\Textures. I wonder if that would avoid the full path to C:\ ?

No - path is specified for C:\, in any case - it should be C:\.

(this lack of flexibility is related to my categorical unwillingness to play with the enabled Internet)

Thanks for the swift response, will give it a go on C:\, Thanks!

<texture name="SMXToolbeltSlot" depth="0" size="83,83" texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\toolbeltslot.png" material="Materials/Transparent" />

With the toolbeltslot.png being added under the Mods\SMX\Textures. I wonder if that would avoid the full path to C:\ ?

Yes, Thanks :), i know about this possibility, and understand that it would be convenient for many, but I always in the WIP and regular updating version... i even stopped to added changelog - let alone to that would make convenience...

some are firmly stuck in the past :D

Yes, Thanks :), i know about this possibility, and understand that it would be convenient for many, but I always in the WIP and regular updating version... i even stopped to added changelog - let alone to that would make convenience...

some are firmly stuck in the past :D

We would love to showcase this on our server using the launcher. Unfortunately the folder structure for the UI makes that almost impossible. Maybe one day you will reconsider. This really is a wonderful mod.

Will this mod be in your launcher?

I have tried to get it to work, but some of the paths, and the download link are not compatible with the launcher.

Yes, I see you had it on, I thought my launcher was out of date, I'm still getting that ? on toolbelt and grid, even on C:\. Exactly where does ExtTexture folder go?

Yes, I see you had it on, I thought my launcher was out of date, I'm still getting that ? on toolbelt and grid, even on C:\. Exactly where does ExtTexture folder go?

In the first post, n2n1 says:

For install:

1 - Place folder '7DtD_ExtTextureMod' into root - C:\.

The Mod Launcher can only install files inside of it's own folder, so the Launcher can't place this folder in the right place.

I have been playing this Mod for awhile now off and on cause of updates!

I love this mod, I don't see what the problem is to install it just drag it to you original dir and put the texture folder in your root dir C:\ and it should work!

I even added the Romero mod (Head Shot's Only and A high Spawn rate) to it so i could get the head shot only and more zeds to kill, but its been working.

I just got tired if modding it in so now i just play it the way it was made to be played!

LOTS OFF FUN!!!! :)

Thank you for answering! I did use the world previewer to see the biomes/water (I tried a lot of seed names). But how to avoid "too grassy" seeds? Users have no way to know what "too much grass" versus "just right for this mod" looks like. It may be a good idea to provide some tested seed names, like you did with your A14 RWG?

Meanwhile I updated to ver.13 and tried editing the .xmls again, this time with Notepad++ instead of Editor, and it works now - no idea why it wouldn't accept the changes last time. I think I did manage to turn down the grass (halved the probability) for the cells that weren't yet generated (lots of biomes to edit!).

Re: the sorting button, well, it's optional to begin with, people who think it's useless just won't use it, but it wouldn't take up much space to leave it in for those who like it.

Some things I noticed:

I had started out in the plains, and not a single bush/shrub there would give me sticks, I had to punch down a small tree to build my first stone axe.

None of the leather clothing (cowboy hats, running shoes, leather duster) is scrappable anymore - but if that's on purpose, please disregard.

We would love to showcase this on our server using the launcher. Unfortunately the folder structure for the UI makes that almost impossible. Maybe one day you will reconsider. This really is a wonderful mod.

Maybe i do not understand something, but for what you SP-mod on server?

If i change the path that they did not use the root directory - it solved problem? But there are still 150 megabytes edited assets and modified Assembly-CSharp.dll...and also, this mod does not take into account the balance for multiplayer.

I even added the Romero mod (Head Shot's Only and A high Spawn rate) to it so i could get the head shot only and more zeds to kill, but its been working.

Yes, more effective headshots - it was a good idea, i will develop it if I can find interesting solutions.

Welp! I was putting ExtTexure folder in 7DTD folder on C:\, Working fine now, Thanks everyone:cheerful:

You use Windows 10?

mjkite30 asks me about the folder "7DtD_ExtTextureMod" via PM - he also can not understand. Unfortunately I've never seen Win10 and it's hard for me to explain. Perhaps there are some nuances ? (like locked/hidden folders?)

Thank you for answering! I did use the world previewer to see the biomes/water (I tried a lot of seed names). But how to avoid "too grassy" seeds? Users have no way to know what "too much grass" versus "just right for this mod" looks like. It may be a good idea to provide some tested seed names, like you did with your A14 RWG?

Yes, you are right... you find it hard to determine immediately. I also sometimes overlook these.

This is mainly noticeable in the density of trees in a PineForest - such seedname increase the frequency of all decorations.

I have selected seedname - but I chose a different criterion.

Meanwhile I updated to ver.13 and tried editing the .xmls again, this time with Notepad++ instead of Editor, and it works now - no idea why it wouldn't accept the changes last time. I think I did manage to turn down the grass (halved the probability) for the cells that weren't yet generated (lots of biomes to edit!).

Oh, please - use only Notepad++! :D

Half of it - is probably too much, i would recommend subtracting about 30%.

This is mainly required for the grass in biomes "meadows" and "plains" if probability values greater than 0.4.

But there are still subbiomes...where the grass reaches a density of 0.9... - and, they don't cause problems! I still did not fully understand.

So I advise you to reduce only when you receive an error at a particular location (biome)

Some things I noticed:

I had started out in the plains, and not a single bush/shrub there would give me sticks, I had to punch down a small tree to build my first stone axe.

None of the leather clothing (cowboy hats, running shoes, leather duster) is scrappable anymore - but if that's on purpose, please disregard.

I will say more - not all the grass allows you to make a fiber :)

Some shrubs, that are similar to what they can give useful stick - do it. Besides - low trees will allow you to harvest from them sticks, large - only after completion of logging.

Many clothes and some other things - not scrapable, it intentionally.

In my opinion, it goes to show that not all need to carry, and intended only for use. Some items intended to clutter up your backpack - you have to make a choice.

(except leather duster - i'll fix it)

UPD: A! - it will be available after the book study, but I will change some things connected with leather scraping.

Im happy it's working for you now!!

Have fun it's a fun mod!!!

I gotta try that Romero setup you have,Sounds like fun!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You use Windows 10?

mjkite30 asks me about the folder "7DtD_ExtTextureMod" via PM - he also can not understand. Unfortunately I've never seen Win10 and it's hard for me to explain. Perhaps there are some nuances ? (like locked/hidden folders?)

Yup. Win10, just used to putting mods in 7DTD folder, this mod is a little different, but great! Thanks!

hmm...started a new playthrough with your mod, and this time i started in the woods. no desert near me (at least in a radius of about 20 days) -> how do i level science, so i can build a forge? (without access to aloe -> health bandages?`)

hmm...started a new playthrough with your mod, and this time i started in the woods. no desert near me (at least in a radius of about 20 days) -> how do i level science, so i can build a forge? (without access to aloe -> health bandages?`)

Some perks is just another way to unlock the recipe. (Sorry i forgot to write about it in perk description, i also switch back .dll to RWGprewiever. The patch will be released within one to two days)

You can just find the "forgeahead book".

Also, to raise the level of science is possible by reading some books - they give immediately one skill.

PS: the frequency of occurrence of biomes is configured uniformly, but note that the size of the biomes has been increased slightly compared to vanilla. In the rest of the blame can only be seedname :)

UPDATE version MOD - v15.2.14

- balancing gameplay, correct journal info and other text.

- fix minibike whell recipe

- improovement icons art

and again - many Thanks for DerPopo! :)

(this update do not break the save game of previous version 15.2.09 - 15.2.13 )

• 3 weeks later...

Archived