CLASSIC Style HARDCORE [MOD]

n2n1

@n2n1 - What is loam for in the mod? I can't find any mention in the recipe.xml for it.

Loam - essentially a useless material, it is now more decoration.

You can use it to fill something instead of dirt.

The recipe of Loam - more as a demonstration of what it consists of, increase quantity and a little up strength.

He appeared in mod due to the introduction of real clay which is under the ground and in subbiomes swamps (water).

The real name of this block - "clay", of course. And it is not used for practically now.

Loam - essentially a useless material, it is now more decoration.

You can use it to fill something instead of dirt.

The recipe of Loam - more as a demonstration of what it consists of, increase quantity and a little up strength.

He appeared in mod due to the introduction of real clay which is under the ground and in subbiomes swamps (water).

The real name of this block - "clay", of course. And it is not used for practically now.

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply :)

UPDATE version MOD - v15.2.11

- loot, all depends of player's level - blocked.

- reworked BloodMoonHordes (reworked stages, now it's more like the old Horde, but still need adjustment)

- some wood items can scrapping to firewood.

see ReadMe for clarification

(also, for next update - I prepare reworks processing production of black gunpowder)

Hey bud with this update should i start a new game?

I again forgot to write :doh:, sorry. If it was v15.2.09 - then don't need.

I started a new game with 15.2.08 and will continue with these patches.

Important coming changes - new recipe of BlackPowder (using charcol), with the following patch - coal for gunpowder is unnecessary. It also does not require a new game.

The fact is that, while I play for tweak balance - I don't introduce features that break the game, otherwise i would never be able to see the game in the later stages.

BUG: The quest chain is broken, after you make the stone axe, it does not update to the next quest, its stuck on at the axe quest.

aswesome mod :)

I think there is no more quests after that bud!

I have been playing this mod for a while now and it only had that quest!

I never asked!!!! :)

Hey just crafted a Furnace and there is no sound when you open it or close it!!

Also i ran into a screamer b***h and i killed her but couldn't loot her, i smacked her with and axe and she got up but was still dead!! lol

:D i Iimagine ! :D

Unfortunately (for technical reasons) - all new workbench do not have these sounds.

For some reason (not technical) - she won't have loot.

BUG: The quest chain is broken, after you make the stone axe, it does not update to the next quest, its stuck on at the axe quest.

aswesome mod :)

Thanks! Yes, this quest is not continued for now. I wanted to remove it altogether but couldn't think of a more elegant way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18386[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18387[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18388[/ATTACH]

and some new screens from A15 RWG travel:

and check out the screenshots (in the rar archive)!

(I added screenshots to my post below)

hWkVE7n.jpgO6DQvJF.jpg

After A13 release, and the come changes, I have decided to bring closer as much as possible New to an Old habitual look.

After deepening in work it became clear that new changes have also good parties and now the hybrid has turned out.

There is a lot of changes - not all in the list.

I consider that I have original finds which are implemented very easily. Game to become more live and moderately difficult.

Some are simplified for that would complicate things other. Now the mod goes in the direction of the simulator.

I introduce its innovations, but i try to be careful with the original material and the atmosphere 7DtD.

Let's just say - this mod is a simulation (in my opinion, of course :)) of what would happen to 7DtD if not turning to the console occurred in A13...

I play its mod since A13.4. Mod is always under WIP, I play and make balance, add stuff.

designed for my difficulty setting:

- Survivalist, zombie Always Run, "Medium spawning" (comparable - High from vanilla), 100% loot abudance (reduced compared to vanilla), day 90 min, "loot respawn" - disable, airdrop in 7 Days!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information to free up space is transferred to my post:

So, why You should try this mod in game:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE&p=424891&viewfull=1#post424891

(I wrote it because, to do change-log has become simply tedious (difficult), but i will be adding overal recording, and update tips in ReadMe).

Changes, features and Thanks:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE&p=442338&viewfull=1#post442338

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For install:

1 - Place folder '7DtD_ExtTextureMod' into root - C:\.

2 - Replace folder 7 Days To Die.

3 - Start new game.

For A15.2(b6) now:

---------------

Download CLASSIC_Style_HARDCORE_v15.2.11_FULL ~190mb

this update does not break savegame of previous version (15.2.09)

(I am now testing this, ~ 50hrs gameplay, and it'`s very playable! More fun :D)

if you have downloading problems because of the old browser or OS - see here.

The mod was created using the Utility UABE (and a big Help DerPopo) and Hal's Prefab Editor (Thanks HAL9000).

I am very thankful to knowledgeable People who share their knowledge!

See also my CLASSIC Style GUI, Biome & RWG-Tweak for separate Old Style MOD !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information and links for version A14 to free up space is transferred to my post:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE&p=546139&viewfull=1#post546139

this is outdated and relevant only to version A14.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Respect for The Fun Pimps! 7DtD Brilliant...

i cant get it to work. can you give a step by step install instructions?

The front page says this is for A15.2 b6, not the current b8. So we have to use an older version of the game? Where can one get it, please?

I think the only difference between b6 and b8 was an EAC change; I don't think anything in the game itself changed, so this mod should work with b8.

can you give step by step install instruction please

The principle of installation oh mod - it's a simple substitution of the original files, plus - put one of the textures folder ("7DtD_ExtTextureMod") in the root directory of the C:\ drive.

1. Download the archive. Mod need to install on to clean game.

The archive contains two folders and one necessary file-reg (to_Celsius_win7x64_reg.reg - for switch unit to Celsius, for Win7)

2. Place the folder "7DtD_ExtTextureMod" from the archive to the root directory of C:\. (only from this place of mod would be right to take textures)

3. The next folder is "7 Days To Die"- it should replace the original game files. The directory structure is the same, So you just need to put the folder where you installed the game. This is typically the path for "steam" - C:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die.

With this, you receive questions about replacing files. Answer - is confirm.

4. Done.

Later, you can restore the original game (uninstall the mod) just rehash files from the Internet (in steam).

For any mods - "Easy anti cheat" (EAC) should be blocked !

I think the only difference between b6 and b8 was an EAC change; I don't think anything in the game itself changed, so this mod should work with b8.

Agreed, Yes, probably so. I think that all do so.

Hey bud i finally got G4K to do a lets play of your MOD!!!!! :)

It's Very Cool!!! I like to watch a LetsPlays about 7DTD!

Even more interesting to watch a Lets Play of my mod! :)

I have already received my portion of praise :). In addition, i guess that was lucky that my mod got to G4K - he notices the right things (detail) about the gameplay. I'll be watching with interest!

i really like the feel of the mod. just one thing: i found many magazines, 9mm magazine for example, but i cannot use it anywhere. especially not to reload a gun....

These are the "parts" for "parts". The recipes for them you can see in workbench. They be unlock through perk.

Well, right now it is just another way to assemble weapons or collect scrap.

...and...a little explanation of some causes ;)

UPDATE version MOD - v15.2.12

- improvement, tweaks, balancing gameplay

- introduced "charcoal" as an ingredient of BlackPowder

- fix 1 decoration prefab for wasteland

- fixed some grinding possibilities and texts (Thanks G4K!)

- improovement icons art, tweak UMA

- changed sequence upgrade WoodLog (feature in WIP).

- have the opportunity to scrap some wood objects in the firewood (for generalization).

(this update do not break the save game of previous version 15.2.09 - 15.2.11 )

...and again a dumb question from me: i can only find loam, but no clay. yet i need clay for most recipes. where can i find it? (make it?)

Certainly nothing dumb in this question, but I already answered him:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40556-CLASSIC-Style-HARDCORE&p=615237&viewfull=1#post615237

- the Clay is very available in Vanilla to the ridiculous. So, i a little hid it, but there is no rare.

It is located underground in a below layer of dirt (this is an average of 5-7 blocks deep in all forest biomes) or on the surface in the water biome (swamp) - you will recognize it on the old original texture.

Thank you for this mod - I haven't played the older alphas, so this feels new and fresh to me. I did have some difficulty finding a good seed name - your rwgmixer seems to create even more "watery" worlds than vanilla, maybe that could be tweaked a bit? I'm really missing the chest sorting button though - not sure why you took that out, as it doesn't affect difficulty. My PC also doesn't like the amount of grass you added, it almost crashed when it loaded in a new biome once, and stutters every time I harvest corn. But adding in fallen trees and stumps was a stroke of genius, the forest truly feels like a forest now, I love that.

May I ask something, if you don't mind? When I edit any .xml file of this mod, even with only the simplest change (like for example uncommenting the line to show the minibike icon), the game won't load at all and the console just throws out a ton of red NullReferenceExceptions. Why is this the case here, and is there maybe a workaround? I've never encountered this before, even SDX mods that also change the .dlls can usually be edited without problems. I'm just used to slightly changing some things to my preference, it'd be great if this mod allowed for that too.

Archived