Share your Survival Story

The Fun Pimp

I awoke in to a desolate, burned land where everything living had long ago withered away, or had been turned to ash. After taking a moment to steady myself, I knew that I would need basic supplies if I were to survive for very long.

With some bizarre, intuitive knowledge of what to do in this world, I walked over to a rusted pile of I-beams and took a swing at it with my fist, instinct reassuring me that I wouldn't so much as scrape my knuckles.

One hit. Two hits. A bright flash of light and cacophony of sound! Well... Today, I rolled snake eyes.

And that was my first encounter with a landmine! lol. It must have literally spawned under or clipped slightly in to the pile of I-beams. Third hit and boom!

My Survival Story.

Day One.

Me and 2 friends awoke in the forest. We found our bearings, and found a road. We followed it in hopes of finding a city. We got a few things on the way, a few cans of food, bottles of water, and some clothes and tools. At about 2:00 PM, we arrived at a city.

It was massive. We were about to head in, but a shambling horde came in. We ran until our stamina was drained. I sprained my leg, and my friend was bleeding, we were certain to die. Until my friend made a noble sacrifice, and distracted the zombies. As I ran, I saw the feral monsters tear him to shreds and rip him apart. Me and my friend ran into the city, barely clearing a district of the town.

At last we found a cafe, and regained our stamina. It hand 2 cans of food and water. Then, we had zombies breaking through the fence. We barely escaped through the back door.

We then found an abandoned Water Treatment Facility, and settled there. It looked fairly secure, but I was low on resources, and I got some wood and made hasty repairs to the broken fences. I looked at the time, and it was 21:53. I nearly finished repairs but it was too late. I was sensed. I bolted it to my door, and the zombies started breaking it. My friend said he would hold the door while I gathered emergency supplies and opened the emergency hatch. As I was about to leave with him, the door gave way and the zombies mauled his body.

I quickly climbed and closed the hatch, all the zombies still inside, and bolted it. My future is still uncertain, scavenging and spending the night in destroyed buildings, until I found an apartment complex. I secured, fortified and looted it. Shortly after, a group of survivors came and I offered them a place to live. A few days later we made it into a settlement, called Stonemore, with multiple buildings, watchtowers and secure walls. To this day, we strengthen walls, patrol, and expand our settlement day by day.

That's my story.

Sincerely, Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Not my personal story to share, but a quick tidbit that a friend told me about how he to start carrying his shotgun everywhere he went.

I told him that I always carried a shotty and asked why he didn't. He said that he could handle most things, until he tried to mine a bear.

And I gotta admit, I'm glad that model is changing, because it almost happened to me. I pulled out my pick and suddenly that boulder groaned.

A new day, a new beginning after a fresh restart of our own server...

We woke up, me and four friends, we were scattered across the plains... and made a deal that whoever had the best starting point we would travel there and teamup from there... agsint the overwelming zombie apocalyps..

I got lucky.. at least I felt lucky for waking up in the forest... lots of trees, grass, rocks, goldenrod flowers and water. Thank god, there was water.. I scattered around... soon to find out I had a really nice starting point together with one of my buddies. We still had to decide, whether we went over to his place or mine... The other 3 peepz already knew they had a bad location...

I scattered stuff, wood, rocks, golden rod flowes and offcours feathers... While doing so I stayed crafting at the same time to boot up my tools/weapons before getting into real combat. I saw a deer nearby, but it noticed me and jumped away. I chased it but couldnt reach it in time and it got away. I looked around and noticed someone got a crush on me... a nurse... she came nearer but then got killed by a clean headshot. I felt confident...I felt stronger...

I looked around and noticed in the distance a road and... damn... was that a city? Already?? Am I that lucky? I slowly moved closer and arrived around 1700 hrs and saw a nice little town. My eyes looked for the damn dogs and cops but they weren't in sight... not for a mile. 'Perhaps they are only in the hub-city?' I asked myself... Anyway, I noticed the city being near water, in the green, near desert...and I could see snow nearby. What else do I want? This was a great start...

My eyes noticed the gasstation at the edge of the town and that's where I wanted to spend my first night. I yelled for my friends that they had to move to my location and everyone did the next morning. We survived the first night and next day they travelled to my location and I felt confident again.. this is going to be a great server, a great start, together we will survive....

In the next few days we scouted the city, we looted it, we took care of the zeds and besides the gasstation it had a pill shop, a tiny restaurant, a policestation, prison and a foodstore. Too bad it didn't had the library for the necessary blueprints but we would manage, I would manage...

At day 5 we started building our own complex. We decided the build 6 large houses next to eachother on the edge of the town where we had a huge mountain in our back and the city in front. While hunting, killing, building and levelling up we sat down on top of the gasstation to survive the first wave of zeds on day 7 and made the deal that this was the last time we would be sitting there and from day 8 we would have to survive in our own buildings. We planned to build them high and surround them by big (concrete) walls and watchtowers but that was a long long way ahead...

I felt confident... perhaps too confident?

Then a loud scream got my attention, my closest friend fell of the roof of the gasstation and got killed immediately by a few zeds. I got stunned for a few secs before I had to take revenge for his loss... the rest of us survived but we realized that we got a big challenge ahead in the next few days to build something good for day 14, 21 etc etc...

In the next few days we harvested, looted, killed and build... build and build... so far I was the only one with the possibility to get concrete and knew it took 15 million stones (or something like that) to get what we wanted... I was the only one with some concrete defense ready for night 14. When it came it took another life...

After the days and weeks went by... I felt however more confident... I was still the only one who didn't die from the zeds... tho I have to admit I lucky escaped twice... first time was on day 26 where two dogs had me on their dinnerplate but could wore them off with my spiked club. I knocked them out but didn't notice the bloater coming for me... I was hurt, looking for my bandages to cure my bleeding wounds when he hit me... i hit back as a reflex and he hitted me again, I got stunned, couldn't move and in his third I was down to 9 health... I suddenly could move, hitted him again and he fell, and I had to apply the bandages that quick when I was down to 2 health. I got lucky ... survived... and was back in business...

On day 43 I was repairing my part of the house after the 6th horde had come on day 42... I didn't notice the footsteps again and a screamer spotted me... a lout scream teared up my ears in the headset I was wearing and I smashed her brains out with a spiked club. I looted her when I heard running footsteps coming for me. I though:"running? Who or what is running on daytime? " I turned around and got in eyecontact with a feral who instantly knocked me out. I got stunned again, he hitted me again and I knew my days were over when the feral got hit by an arrow of one of my friends. The feral looked back and started chasing him, probably leaving me for dead... I got up, healed myself and started the chase. We brought him down and it felt good.

Confidence... it's the key word... I felt confident... I could take down the whole world... probably on my own... ?

On day 50 I ran out of luck... It actually was the first day I ever left the tiny town looking for a new one. Why would we leave it? It was perfect and we had everything we wanted (except some of the necessary blueprints :D) I followed the road to the west and noticed a small house on the right. You know, such house with a stairs outside and a forge in it. I knew there was a bookshelf in it and decided to take a closer look... Suddenly I heard growling... and instantly stopped and looked around... Dogs... and they came for me... In a flash I saw at least 6... and I ran.. I ran like hell....

My confidence however made me feel like a coward, I turned around and faced them with my bow first... one went down straight away, one arrow missed but the dog closest to me got a club in his face and died instantly. Two grabbed me and I got infected, bleeding and down to 50% health. I ran again and decided to make the next move, again an arrow killed a dog and the club did the other when the fifth dog grabbed me again and I was down to 14 health... luckily I made a last stand and killed him before he killed me...

I survived the damn beasts... just to realize that they were six... at least I thought... I got scared... looked around but didn't see any dogs... Just as I grabbed my backpack to start healing myself I saw the damn dog in the distance coming for me... I didn't had the time to heal and to get my club... I decided to boldly attack the dog with all my confidence...

Too late I noticed the damn dog wasn't alone and had 2 companions along with him...

I died alone, on a paved road just outside a nice cabin with my gear next to me...

I was too confident... I was sloppy and I paid the ultimate price...

Rest in Peace my fellow survivors...

Great Story Fren

A new day, a new beginning after a fresh restart of our own

I died alone, on a paved road just outside a nice cabin with my gear next to me...

I was too confident... I was sloppy and I paid the ultimate price...

Rest in Peace my fellow survivors...

Thanks for taking the time to write it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born on a road. I built a parameter wall. I dug a hole. I Dug a red moon temple for the sabbath day of red moon as the red moon gods have said we should. Others appear and in need of help. I gave them a place to sleep. SLowly a village arose.

Then one day after the red moon gods had brought us loot and their emissary the divine screamer, whom we shall not kill, helped humble us, my people said unto me "B!, " for that is how I am called now, "lead us to the promised land."

I wandered night and day for 6k until I found what we were looking for. An Island town. One road in. One road out. And so it was our people began the several day journey to the North west from our small farming village. For 'tis there where we can live in peace and free from new born human defilers who might pillage our sacred crates.

I recall fondly that first day. It was day 379 when atop the southern shore I stood on a hill and knew we had found our Haven.

And so it is now known as Haven and our town red moon temple is called Temple of Blood. We prosper here with endless food and loot.

For those who are keen of vision and whom the red moon gods bless with clues, ye shall find the legendary town of Haven.

I am friends with all who do not rob or kill me for is it not written ".. gather ye on the sabbath day. The 7th day. The day of the red moon and if the red moon gods dub you worthy, you shall receive the visitors. Meet them together and with good cheer!"

And so it goes and always shall. Every 7 days the moon is full and red. The spawns of the red moon gods get all wriled up. Do not hide from them. Engage them. For is it not written in the ancient texts ".. go ye disciples of the red moon gods and fully experience your rare gift of life in the acceptance and overcoming death."

I had another name once before. I had another life once before, but now I am known only as B!

The golden rod, the cornbread, the club, the arrow; these are the tools of my trade now.

What is that sound I hear? Is that... a generator of electricity?

THE RED MOON GODS DISLIKE ELECTRICITY! We may have to once more, travel forth from our enchanted island kingdom to help purge the world of all electricity! For it is well known that technology is what led us to the empty world we have now to rebuild.

Destroy all electricity! Follow the path of the primitive! I must go confer with the gods to determine their will in these matters. I shall go on a pilgrimage around the rim of the world and when i Return I shall have the answers.

ALL HAIL THE RED MOON GODS

(twinscythe.com)

I just survived my first dog day (of a15) . Four of them came out of the long grass at me. I've not experienced the silent zombie treatment before that. Killed two with my knife, the other two with my pistol. A fifth showed up later on but growled as he came, so took care of him by jumping over a boulder then turning to take aim with my bow.

My friend and I were clearing a dump area for a build and he decided to use TNT to clear the dump. Also, to get rid of the burnt biome dirt he put a few around the dump on the ground. After watching the glorious explosions and flying debris, there was some cleaning up to do. I was mindlessly shoveling dirt about when I accidently hit an unexploded stick of tnt. I jumped up as the thing exploded and it sent me flying through the air about 15 meters. The miracle is, I didn’t die. My friend watched the whole thing and was laughing his butt off. I didn’t even break a leg. Praise military armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Fear the Nights!

When i was early 20's i discovered a game called everquest which was way different from the normal fps games i was really into. first night in the game i was lost , confused, running around in the woods at night scared outta my wits because when you die you lose everything until you make it back to your body to loot it,, 20 years and much more experience later! i discovered a survival game called 7 days to die and yes my first night in the game i was lost , confused, running around in the woods at night scared outta my wits because when you die you lose everything!!

i managed to find a house while being chased by zombies i get in fast and close the door and laugh thinking im safe- wrong

that moment the sun went down? if was like some lit a fire cracker under there @$$es . they chewed through the walls, the door anything and everything in there way to get to me !! i quickly created a few frames and placed them under me like a pole assuming if i make it off the ground ill have better luck but again that there too was a mistake as they attacked and destroyed my pillar of frames ! just as it was above to collapse i jumped to ladder on the wall up into the roof. once i made it to the top i turned to look back in horror buggers were climbing the ladder up! so i destroyed the last link down so at best only there head would make it above the floor i was standing on ! * wack a mole any one?* i had time to catch my breath but believe me it wasn't long til i heard a new sound and saw something new among the zombies a weird crawling type moving around on all 4's like a animal ! well this bugger went straight up the wall at me !! i ran in circles trying to kill it at a distance as i had no where else to run ! once it was dead i blocked the ladder completely ran in the corner blocked my self in in the sun came back up ! id had learned to Fear the nights !!

I returned home from a hunting trip and dealt with some undead who had arrived and were ambling about. No problems, they hadn't breached the front of the hotel I was staying in. I made my way up to my room and deposited my items, cooked some food and ate and drank.

I did a once-over to check for breaks in my (meagre) defences. I thought nothing of it at the time but a wood wall was missing from the top of the stairs at the entrance. The barbed wire and wood log spikes were still there. I replaced the wood wall and moved on.

Back upstairs, forging some iron, I hear a horde passing by. It seemed to get caught on the hotel because I heard it assaulting the foundations. I went to a window to find out which side the undead were attacking... and the corridor I was walking along collapsed into the floor below. I managed to survive the fall and started to run when I heard blocks falling.

Every floor beneath the one I was living on collapsed into the one below it. I found this out later, because I'd run for it when I heard the second collapse starting. I managed to escape the hotel through the lag and found myself in the middle of a good sized horde, which I fought with my knife and a few beers and bandages.

I had almost died. Luckily my storage boxes and forges were intact.

• 4 months later...

Till the end!

Days 1-3

Started in the desert alone with no one but myself......I started looking around me, as usual, I gathered some basic resources stone, metal fragments, etc....

luckily I found a pass-in-gas station I cleared it out (was really hard because I play on insane, 25% loot, always run ) and started gathering basic resources again to reinforce the p.N.g made a bow 145 arrows and an iron reinforced club luckily found 3 pigs roaming around killed them got the 20 animal hide I needed to make a forge (that's very handy on day 1!) and done some advanced tools like pickaxe, fire axe, shovel, barbed club (very strong start!) so, it got night I got a screamer and the massacre began..... they tore the building from underneath until it started collapsing (thanks to 50% block health modifier:untroubled: and 150% spawn chance:chuncky:) I went down and started running as manic, shooting arrows as a baseball training machine and finally distracting them away from the base, then I said to myself while running: thank god I did it!

while they were away I quickly started adding some pillars to support the building and make some openings to try to shot them...and suddenly while I was fixing the ladder a screamer came from nowhere and boom! I fell off the ladder and got hit & stunned but didn't die! (holy balls!) so, I dug a very long distance under the sand and hoping that no one will get me and it did work in the morning I went out kept running from 8:09-12:43 trying to kill the rest...after killing them it was almost day 3! I went to take a look at the p.N.g and found that it's no longer habitable so, I decided to risk my life and go on a nomad run to find another house/shelter to stay in

That's it, for now, guys If you want me to continue until The game :indecisiveness:crashes:indecisiveness: on day 7453 just tell me,

and thanks for reading:excitement:!

• 4 weeks later...

Almost dark. Almost. That means there's still time. The moon begins it's slow ascent above the horizon, crimson and pregnant with a sense of dread. I swallowed the terror threatening to roar from my belly, and focused on my objective. Over this hill. It's just over this hill. Or the next one. Either way, over this hill.

Suddenly, I see it. Light coming from a walled compound. I run faster, blocking out the movements around me. Guttural moaning intensifies, but I'm almost there. Almost...safe.

I reach the gate, and a voice calls down from above. The sound of the voice made my heart leap, being the first I'd heard in months. The feeling of joy was cut short, however, by the haunting words that were spoken.

"Heyyyyyyy everybody, be sure to like and subscri...."

Before he finishes, I quickly unholster my pistol, and in one swift motion, ♥♥♥♥ it and press it firmly against my head. I pull the trigger, leaving my final thoughts hanging in a mist in midair for a few brief moments.

Finally, safe.

My friend and I were playing peer to peer tonight and he killed a chicken. He started harvesting it and I was confused when he didn't react to an approaching zombie.

I started running toward him, sledgehammer in hand, and cracked undead skull just as it reached him. He looked up, saw me, saw the dead zombie, and typed:

"I thought that was you coming to steal my chicken."

• 4 weeks later...

Peer to peer again, and horde night caught us unprepared in the wasteland. We occupied a ranger station and did some hasty reinforcing. The steps were broken out pretty quickly by undead and we were left above them shooting down.

After a few minutes of that we realised we weren't having fun, so my mate hag any idea: he brought out the barrels of gas. Zombies went for them immediately and almost killed him in the explosion.

Next I had an idea. I descended to the bottom floor, broke out a couple of blocks, and started smashing heads. The undead quickly broke in and we ended up in melee with two ferals, some dogs and plenty of standards.

Got out of that with a fraction of my health but wow, what a horde!

• 2 weeks later...

I completely missed this thread, damn. Well I figure it's a fun one so I'll get it going again. Story time from my first day playing.

I spawned in the desert biome. I took a few moments admiring the world before I decided to start walking. I didn't think I would be thrown head first into a zombie apocalypse without some form of tutorial, but there I was. I started trying to figure out how to obtain the basic materials to finish the tutorial, though I wasted half of the day stuck on "how the hell do I upgrade these damn wood frames!?"

Eventually I gave up and walked into the desert deeper. In the distance I see the first zombie I've ever encountered. I made a B line over to the infected nurse and pulled out my trusty club. Well that was a bad idea... she was dead, but I escaped with an infection, 30HP and a broken ego. I traveled around a bit more as I noticed night coming. I didn't know what to expect from the night, and let the clock hit 22:00 without being prepared...

I heard them..they saw me and began power sprinting towards me. I thought quickly and ran into the lake and held space bar to float in the middle. I remained there all night. However, surrounded by water, I was about to die of dehydration. Then it dawned on me..."You can drink water directly from a water source with the secondary action of your fists"

Well now it's morning and I'm sitting in the middle of the lake, infected and pooping myself. I run out to the desert again and start running towards a prefab I see in the distance when I notice I'm already surrounded by the zeds that spawned there. I pulled out my trusty club and went down fighting...

Man, I miss the days of innocence when I had no idea what the heck I was doing.

My friend and I broke into a cabin last night and cleared out the sleepers we found. We decided very quickly to make it a temporary base. He left to collect wood and stone. I went upstairs to loot what we hadn't already. Came back down ignoring the pile of rubbish and went downstairs.

I nearly hit the roof when Hawaiian shirt zombie landed on my head, gargling and belching.

I survived, but had to change my trousers.

So is the old player made block rule still true? Meaning if it is a player made block zombies wont spawn. I would really like a base in one of the high rises just for fun in SP mode. It would be alot of work but if I can change out floors to stop a spawn then so be it. How many blocks does a bedroll cover? So say 13 up, down, left, right etc

My friend and I cleared out the Salon (he had a moment of panic when one of the zombies turned out to be feral), then he started looting the back room which had multiple crates on shelves while I looted elsewhere. The first crate he opened: a section of a couch. The second crate: an oven. The third crate: an oven. By this time, I was so surprised that I went to see his incredibly bad luck. The fourth crate turned out to be a toilet. He was nearly done with the final crate, when I decided to help out. I hit the crate once to reveal a gas barrel, but he was already swinging for what he thought would be the final hit. The gas barrel exploded and killed him.

I laughed for about five minutes. I love the new random loot. He hates it. ;)

woke up in the frozen buttcrack of the world.

Walked 2km to the traders to finish tutorial.

slept inside a dead zombie for warmth and shelter.

Still can't remember how I lost all my clothes, would party again. 10/10

Clearing out the the Book store tower when I enter this office with a big beware sign on wall. Start moving across room while looking at sign and fall through the floor 2 stories and break a leg. Splint up and make it to the wharehouse room 4rd floor busting crates and finding all sorts of things from toilets to freezers. Tons of crates....getting careless bust one open to reveal a barrel of gas, I'm like crap mid click hit the barrel with my hammer, and boom ... hello bedroll :)

New one, from A16

Day 6, looting, i find a pop in pils, go inside.After kiling some sleepers, suddenly i notice one of them runs, so i start running around waking 2 more, then i decide i have to run out to kill them in the open.So i exit the shop followed by 3 zombies, one of them running , only to be killed by a dire wolf in front of the shop :)

From A15 and probably not possible anymore, thanks to the wonderful new model, but I will never forget it:

The wife and I were heading through the night woods, doing some opportunity looting and gathering while on the way to a chest full of extra stuff in a cabin we used once. Well armed and armored, I was confident I could handle anything and not paying too much attention to the world around me.

Seeing a boulder we had missed earlier, I got out my pick as I ran towards it, not quite catching my wife say something that sounded like "air". I then whacked the boulder, which quickly turned around and growled at me. The laughing of my wife as the bear chased me through the night woods should have drawn every Z for miles, but apparently the universe thought it was funny too.

Recently was looting a 2 story POI on day 9 or 10 when a gigantic horde of military zeds, hazmats zeds and dogs came barreling through. They completlely gutted the buildings first floor and ended up exploding the car out front. I survived but man was that intense. Thank goodness it was day time lol.

Didnt check my gamestage but was interesting to see what the game would throw at me so far since i havent died yet. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Have you heard about that secret military missile site? I found one 2 weeks ago. Just was too scared to search through the place. First time I tried to break inside, got jumped by three ugly zeds wearing military vests and helmets. Damn man, they put up hell of a fight.

On the 15th day I got myself a decent sledge and this time luck was on my side. Almost made it to the bottom of the missile launch shaft. At one moment I thought it might be a good idea to get some scrap plastics from the electric light mounted on one of the concrete pillars. Turned out it was holding the entire platform weight I was standing on.

When I woke up on my bedroll, I realized it wasn’t a dream. By the time I sneaked upon my blue fallen backpack, somehow more zeds have arrived, probably attracted by smell of the blood. They were wearing some sort of protective orange suits, but looking at them closely you could see broken gas masks. That’s how they’d gotten infected, I suppose. Luckily for me, they couldn’t see much in darkness so I managed to sneak past them using night vision googles I commandeered from dead soldier’s body.

Old grumpy trader Joe at first didn’t want to let me in, but after he saw those amasing sniper rifle and AK spare parts I brought him, he gave me a decent price on them.

Archived