Origin UI MOD

Tritox

• 2 weeks later...

You most likely ran into the following issue, which is described in the change log for A17.1:

Continued b240 savegames may have problems with food/water levels when a replenishing buff was active when game is continued in A17.1, character’s death restores functionality.

I've had a similar problem with the green food bar, but after a while it fixed itself automagically, ie I didn't have to die.

You most likely ran into the following issue, which is described in the change log for A17.1:

Continued b240 savegames may have problems with food/water levels when a replenishing buff was active when game is continued in A17.1, character’s death restores functionality.

I've had a similar problem with the green food bar, but after a while it fixed itself automagically, ie I didn't have to die.

No, it wasnt an old saved. I started a new game with 17.1.

EDIT: just saw RELXIX is reporting the same issues on his modlets, and he just fixed now, i think i just need to wait for Tritox to update his modlet too.

Ok I've looked into the problem and made some changes to the modlet's windows.xml.

It appears to be working now ... please check it out.

@Tritox: I've commented my modifications, the comments can be found by searching the file for 'YseGuy_'.

Not sure why isnt working for me, i did verified files, copied only this modlet inside Mods (the UI work fine), started a new game but the blue bar isnt moving at all (tryied with thirsty command too and kill + thirsty, both didnt worked)

EDIT: Tryied another UI modlets with food/water just to be sure i wasnt having some wierd glitch and worked fine. Hope you guys can sort it out because OriginUI looks way better than any other modlets.

Ok, so this was fairly tricky.

I've once more looked into the issue of the water bar not filling up correctly (ie according to the current level of thirst).

It looks like TFP partially broke their controller API in A17 B8, namely HUDStatBar and PlayerStatsWindow, which are used to control the graphical display of numerical values of health, stamina, food/water etc.

Since I'm not a modder myself, and hence only have limited knowledge of all that stuff, I started looking for possible solutions in forum threads of other UI mods, and after a lot of trial & error, I was finally able to adapt the latest fix for Red Eagle LXIX's modlet RELXIX_UI_PlayerStats for this modlet.

It's not a pretty solution (the water bar is filling up slowly on each spawn), but at least a working one.

Credit for the original fix goes to Red Eagle LXIX.

@Tritox: Once again, find my comments and changes by searching for 'YseGuy_' in the xml file.

windows.xml.zip

Are you using more than one modlet by any chance? If so, you might have run into a compatibility issue, ie this modlet and one of the others aren't compatible with each other.

For testing purposes, try to run the game with only this modlet active ... if the freeze on start is gone, you've definitely encountered a compatibility issue.

In this case, you'd have to make a choice - use this modlet, or the other, incompatible one(s).

Are you using more than one modlet by any chance? If so, you might have run into a compatibility issue, ie this modlet and one of the others aren't compatible with each other.

For testing purposes, try to run the game with only this modlet active ... if the freeze on start is gone, you've definitely encountered a compatibility issue.

In this case, you'd have to make a choice - use this modlet, or the other, incompatible one(s).

I dont use mods, only this.

#216, #217

No idea why it doesn't work for you guys ... see the attached screenshot for two examples of how it looks for me.

Note that overeating (or overdrinking) won't be reflected in the respective bars - from my understanding, this is "works as designed" for the time being.

Also note that I'm using CO's 'Unofficial XML fixes' in addition to this modlet - maybe that makes a difference here.

7DTD_A17.1B9_Stats_Bars.jpg.a8f94193a6cdae4d0120cd38c5e4201f.jpg

Hello!! I have the same problem, it happens to me since they updated to the alpha version 17.1 (b9). I have reinstalled the game and it still does not work. I need help, thanks

Another small change in this modlet's windows.xml ... adapted the updated fix of v1.07 of Red Eagle LXIX's RELXIX_UI_PlayerStats modlet for this one.

The water bar now fills up a lot quicker on spawn than it did before.

@Tritox: Once again, find my comments and changes by searching for 'YseGuy_' in the xml file.

windows.xml.zip

• 1 month later...

I'm not that practiced with xml, so can someone help me out with moving the hud info panel (day, time, etc) back to its position below the compass" For some reason, when I installed the modlet, it's all the way to the left at the top. After looking below the compass so long, it's driving me nuts when I go to look and it isn't there.

edit: after a brief XML tutorial and some trial and error, I figured it out. In styles.xml I changed the anchor value of infopanel.window to CenterTop, and in windows.xml I changed the HudInfoPanel position to -223, -100 and it's as near to perfect as I can get it on my screen.

Much thanks to the creator of this modlet, it works like a charm.

I was looking through to XML files to try and find the hook for the 17.2 feature: "turn the day # red on horde nights" (to mod into my Origin install) but haven't been able to find it.

Has anyone been able to find that feature and/or integrate it into Origin?

Thanks! :)

• 2 months later...

Ok, after a hiatus from the game, I've checked the modlet today and found it to be compatible with A17.3.

I've looked into this, and the required change was pretty simple, so I've added it.

The attached ZIP file contains v1.02 of the modlet with the red display of the day number on bloodmoon days added.

@Tritox: As usual, find my comments and changes by searching for 'YseGuy_' in the xml files.

7DTD_origin_A17.3_v102_tweaked.zip

• 2 months later...

Archived