RelmDrifter

I have found out that people are sensitive here....kind of sad for hardcore gamers like yourselves

love me

hate me

Can't like everybody

i think some people need a Drill sergeant.

Alright, I don't mind explaining what this was about.

You said "those [people on one side of a certain political issue] i swear were born with plastic bags on their heads." You edited the rest of it, which is appreciated, but at the time it said "Can't cure stupid."

I downvoted that post with the note "Insulting people's intelligence is always in bad taste."

I want you to understand: I would do my best to always stand up to disrespect and rancor like that. No matter who said it, or who you were insulting.

If you don't think this was using negative reputation appropriately, please explain. I see it as a way to indicate disapproval of something in a specific post. I don't see it as a way to simply retaliate.

For instance, I posted about the ramifications of a hypothetical gameplay feature. Minutes after my downvote, you downvoted that post, calling me a "liberal cry baby." It's pretty clear you just found the first post of mine you could and used negative reputation to say "well ♥♥♥♥ you, too!"

I think anyone who uses these forums should understand how these two situations are not the same.

As the person with the highest rep points on the forums and by far the most posts, I can honestly say I don't give a rat's ass about what you people think of me.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly enjoy myself and some of you seem pretty cool, but NONE of you know me. And I don't truly know you.

When Roland deleted me I told him don't bother to restore me, because I knew it would bring the forum down. Which it did for a day.

So when someone gives NEGATIVE rep... To take the time to show someone their moral displeasure over something said in a make believe setting... it tells me that they're the kind of person who takes this online crap way too seriously.

It's the internet. It's a forum. It's not real life, so preaching ethics imo, is a sad endeavor.

I'm here to have fun, which I do. And I accomplish that by not getting my panties in a twist over other peoples behaviors. In this make believe setting.

But I'm old... I don't believe in the power of "likes" and I don't have a facebook... I don't believe in internet love and I don't believe you can get to know someone online... If you do, more power to you, good luck and all, but I'm probably laughing at you.

- - - Updated - - -

...and I say this despite Roland and I's unofficial contest to get to 100.

We both know neither of us actually cared. Even though I won. ;)

As the person with the highest rep points on the forums and by far the most posts, I can honestly say I don't give a rat's ass about what you people think of me.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly enjoy myself and some of you seem pretty cool, but NONE of you know me. And I don't truly know you.

When Roland deleted me I told him don't bother to restore me, because I knew it would bring the forum down. Which it did for a day.

So when someone gives NEGATIVE rep... To take the time to show someone their moral displeasure over something said in a make believe setting... it tells me that they're the kind of person who takes this online crap way too seriously.

It's the internet. It's a forum. It's not real life, so preaching ethics imo, is a sad endeavor.

I'm here to have fun, which I do. And I accomplish that by not getting my panties in a twist over other peoples behaviors. In this make believe setting.

But I'm old... I don't believe in the power of "likes" and I don't have a facebook... I don't believe in internet love and I don't believe you can get to know someone online... If you do, more power to you, good luck and all, but I'm probably laughing at you.

- - - Updated - - -

...and I say this despite Roland and I's unofficial contest to get to 100.

We both know neither of us actually cared. Even though I won. ;)

I'm on this forum because it's dedicated to a game I love playing. I'm not here for community bonding and team building and all that other stuff. If I happen to meet some people I like talking to on a forum, so much the better, (which I have met quite a few here) but I don't miss it if I don't.

I don't care what anyone thinks of me, in real life or on the internet. I'm here for me, not them. Same thing on Reddit, same thing on Twitter, same thing at my local grocery store, or gas station.

I can honestly tell you, you meet nothing but weirdos online, because that's how I met Tryp. And we've been together since October of 1999. :)

So yeh, my wife just blamed my lack of hat on me... I was supposed to give her the pattern she says. Pfft. :)

Tryp's mom looked at a still of Jayne wearing it and knocked it out in two days.

I think your womans needs some encouragement, my friend!

I had to learn her the law of the land

I showed her the power of my back hand

http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/mentors-lyrics/rock_em-sock_em-lyrics.html

Somehow, I think your wife doesn't read this forum or Guppycur would be sleeping in the Guppy car tonight. ;)

Ok. I'm confused...

We took a left at Albuquerque.

So..

Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'.

Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'.

You know, these coincidences are becoming more and more creepy.

I just finished watching Serenity and am currently in the middle of watching the bonus content.

I mean seriously, what are the odds?

You know, these coincidences are becoming more and more creepy.

I just finished watching Serenity and am currently in the middle of watching the bonus content.

I mean seriously, what are the odds?

Pretty good since my profile photo is my Serenity tattoo, and Guppy and I share a fondness for a certain "cunning hat" which, because of certain failures, I have one of and Guppy still does not. Because Guppy wins at this forum... but not at cunning hats. :)

Alright, I don't mind explaining what this was about.

You said "those [people on one side of a certain political issue] i swear were born with plastic bags on their heads." You edited the rest of it, which is appreciated, but at the time it said "Can't cure stupid."

I downvoted that post with the note "Insulting people's intelligence is always in bad taste."

I want you to understand: I would do my best to always stand up to disrespect and rancor like that. No matter who said it, or who you were insulting.

If you don't think this was using negative reputation appropriately, please explain. I see it as a way to indicate disapproval of something in a specific post. I don't see it as a way to simply retaliate.

For instance, I posted about the ramifications of a hypothetical gameplay feature. Minutes after my downvote, you downvoted that post, calling me a "liberal cry baby." It's pretty clear you just found the first post of mine you could and used negative reputation to say "well ♥♥♥♥ you, too!"

I think anyone who uses these forums should understand how these two situations are not the same.

look he's still crying....point in case

And im right.........

"you can't cure stupid"

exp

"dont walk on the grass"

but they do anyways...

Dont worry SOOONER or LATER you will come out with what your REAL problem is with me..i have alot of Saved stuff from you in my Directory........i know what "passive aggressive is"

Dont forget i served for many years

i have had privates and i know how they act when they are fresh from the boot

So keep it coming..or you can just MAN up and say it....

as we say in the military..."put up or shut up"

Like me,love,me hate...i dont care

PS dont believe me....

My real name is Steven Jabot...run that name threw your little database...it public knowledge for service connected.

No, she didn't have a cunning hat either. So I still win. :)

So apparently there is a difference between crochet (what my woman can do) and knitting (what she is going to learn to do).

...they both use needles and yarn, wtf.

So my hat is delayed.

@chud. Dude, if you keep files on people, then you do care. :)

So apparently there is a difference between crochet (what my woman can do) and knitting (what she is going to learn to do).

So my hat is delayed.

@chud. Dude, if you keep files on people, then you do care. :)

no i dont...i just save them for incase i explain to one dummy about another dummy..........

it's all rep anyways.....haven't seen his balls yet.

look he's still crying....point in case

And im right.........

"you can't cure stupid"

exp

"dont walk on the grass"

but they do anyways...

Dont worry SOOONER or LATER you will come out with what your REAL problem is with me..i have alot of Saved stuff from you in my Directory........i know what "passive aggressive is"

Dont forget i served for many years

i have had privates and i know how they act when they are fresh from the boot

So keep it coming..or you can just MAN up and say it....

as we say in the military..."put up or shut up"

Like me,love,me hate...i dont care

PS dont believe me....

My real name is Steven Jabot...run that name threw your little database...it public knowledge for service connected.

Don't you think it's hypocritical that you call people stupid and liberal crybabies every time they disagree with you?

I mean, you're cry babying over them disagreeing with you, calling them crybabies for doing so. You don't bring up a valid counterargument either. You're just as bad if not worse.

I don't care who (or who you say) you are, drop the tough guy act (honestly, you look so insecure when you do that), open your shut and egocentric mind a crack, and you might see the problem.

Don't you think it's hypocritical that you call people stupid and liberal crybabies every time they disagree with you?

I mean, you're cry babying over them disagreeing with you, calling them crybabies for doing so. You don't bring up a valid counterargument either. You're just as bad if not worse.

I don't care who (or who you say) you are, drop the tough guy act (honestly, you look so insecure when you do that), open your shut and egocentric mind a crack, and you might see the problem.

See what I mean...they want to go have lattes and debate about it.

I'm not the one with the problem.

If it wasn't personal they wouldn't take it personal

It's coming just hold onto your "magic bus"

See what I mean...they want to go have lattes and debate about it.

I'm not the one with the problem.

If it wasn't personal they wouldn't take it personal

It's coming just hold onto your "magic bus"

Did nobody teach you respect or the golden rule?

If you have a valid point and want people to listen, show some respect. Disrespect is how fights are started.

If you don't want to debate these things, then don't start a debate. Do unto others as you would yourself. If you don't want insulted, don't throw insults. If you don't want to argue something, don't argue with people.

If you simply held your tongue, or could disagree with some civility, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You seem like a nice guy by your other posts, but you just get too upset when someone disagrees with you. It's very apparent when you resort to name calling, liberal bashing when there's nothing political going on, and telling everyone to "suck it up" or "you can't fix stupid". You are impossible to debate with.

Excuse me for trying to teach you something, sorry for trying to give you some insight as to why people get upset by the things you say. Don't be a crybaby and name call every time someone disagrees, especially if you don't like them being crybabies.

You're right though, I shouldn't care. Just don't be surprised that this keeps happening. As you say yourself, can't fix stupid.

Did nobody teach you respect or the golden rule?

If you have a valid point and want people to listen, show some respect. Disrespect is how fights are started.

If you don't want to debate these things, then don't start a debate. Do unto others as you would yourself. If you don't want insulted, don't throw insults. If you don't want to argue something, don't argue with people.

If you simply held your tongue, or could disagree with some civility, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You seem like a nice guy by your other posts, but you just get too upset when someone disagrees with you. It's very apparent when you resort to name calling, liberal bashing when there's nothing political going on, and telling everyone to "suck it up" or "you can't fix stupid". You are impossible to debate with.

Excuse me for trying to teach you something, sorry for trying to give you some insight as to why people get upset by the things you say. Don't be a crybaby and name call every time someone disagrees, especially if you don't like them being crybabies.

You're right though, I shouldn't care. Just don't be surprised that this keeps happening. As you say yourself, can't fix stupid.

So I should stop pointing out the obvious

Cool

Anyways.......

"Hugs"

So my hat is delayed.

Different kinds of needles and I think yarn as well, I do believe. Arts & Crafts people... so artistic.. and crafty.

Archived