three08

Get the A17 version here

Alpha 16.2

Update notes:

• Fixed broken camera 1
  • Changed the help key to keypad 8

Download Link

Camera Control Instructions:

Activate or change channels by selecting a channel using numpad 1, 2, 3 or 4 while looking at the screen.

Use the arrow keys to pan the active camera left and right or tilt up and down.

Use keypad + - to zoom in and out.

Press L to toggle the light.

Press E to turn the system off.

Demo:

[video=youtube_share;U2I8LuMLq04]

Old Versions

Version 2.0

Fixed FPS - The mod appears to have almost no effect on the FPS now.

Added script to control the TV output.

Added Scripts to pan the camera left and right.

Non active cameras are now disabled.

All cameras and screens are disabled on unload and load, this allows for the placement of another system as long as its not in the same chunk.

Version 2.01

Added Tilt

Added Zoom

Added Lights - WIP

Added XML settings to change:

- ZoomLevel

- ZoomSpeed

- PanSpeed

- MaxPanLeft

- MaxPanRight

- TiltSpeed

- HasLights - If set to false the lights will be disabled.

- InterfaceDisabled - If set to false the only input allowed will be changing channels.

Updated For Alpha 14.5

Tested and working in single player with all 4 cameras. Untested in MP and unlikely to work in MP.

The system has 4 Channels with a camera for each channel. Placing a second camera of the same channel will over ride the first one. There are 8 screens in total, 2 for each channel and the channel number is displayed in the corner of the TV so you know what feed you're seeing. You only need screen 1 of whatever version you want to use, the WiFi Enabled Remote TV needs the smart phone to change channels the phone also displays channel 1 on its screen, the WiFi Enabled Auto Scan TV will scan all 4 channels automatically. The WiFi 4CH Auto Scan CCTV System has been added to rare tools and contains all 4 cameras and the Auto Scan TV. The smart phone has also been added to rare tools.

Untested in MP and unlikely to work in MP.

The smart phone isn't finished yet.

Works best if you have all 4 cameras installed.

v1.1 Update notes:

Added a hand held smart phone that displays the picture from ch1 and doubles as a remote for the non-auto scan TV's

Added repair items to all blocks

Added descriptions

Added the screens 2, 3 and 4 of both types to the developer menu.

Fixed misalignment and removed the line at the top of screen

Fixed remote not working

Fixed missing colliders on all models (You can break them now)

Removed old remote

v1.2 Update notes: (Update for 14.6)

Fixed smart phone not changing the channels

Removed button click sound as it wasn't working

Alpha 14.6 Download Link

Thanks Pacco for all the help learning how to get models into the game and to Matite for all the info he's posted about the games code. And to Domonix for all the hard work making the tool.

The new demo is uploading right now. I've put the link in for when its done, until then I'll leave the alpha 12 demo at the bottom of this post.

Alpha 14.5 Demo I forgot to get a shot of the cams in this, see them in the alpha 12 demo until I redo the video

Leaving the Alpha 12.5 Demo here for now because I forgot to get a shot of the cams, I'll get another video done tomorrow.

You know what you need now? Helmet cams. So you can see what your buddies are at when they are out looting.

Picture it. You are in the deep underground base in a room with a wall full of monitors and each one has what your friends are seeing.

I know it would murder your fps, but would be cool to see.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn cool.. if an admin sets up a large number as a server admin tool, would it impact server performance?

A large arena with 20 cams?

Coverage of the hub city with maybe hundreds?

There are many uses an admin could come up with.

edit: lol, my first ever post in the modding section

Damn cool.. if an admin sets up a large number as a server admin tool, would it impact server performance?

I put in 22 around my base and about 6 monitors inside my base and fps went to around 6 lol. But i am playing on ultra settings to for everything.

Welcome to the coolest section of the forum :-P. But yesbthisbdef has alot of uses 1 could use it for. Esp on server/mp city monitoring base monitoring etc etc. Be awesome if you could have a portable tv while your away from your base you could check the watch or what not.

It's never been tested on a server so I'm not really sure about what impact it would have on the servers performance, however it's not possible atm to put 20 cams as there are only 4 models. Each camera has its own model along with a matching screen model that out puts what the camera sees, so placing a second cam of the same channel will over ride the first one. It could be done but would require more models.

Welcome to the coolest section of the forum :-P.

I have often thought of getting into modding, but as soon as I try and think of good concepts, my mind does an exam room blank.

If I would be good at anything, I think it would be working on story lines and maps.

I think any game mods I attempt would probably leave people going.."WTF???". :D

It's never been tested on a server so I'm not really sure about what impact it would have on the servers performance, however it's not possible atm to put 20 cams as there are only 4 models. Each camera has its own model along with a matching screen model that out puts what the camera sees, so placing a second cam of the same channel will over ride the first one. It could be done but would require more models.

Well, what are you waiting for..get cracking.:D

Rofl..just joking.

Even as it stands it is an awesome tool.

I will be checking this out soon. :)

I see the link and d/l the zip file but there are no install instructions. I play SP - do I need to worry about the config file?

This looks awesome - thanks!!

First you need to install SDX you can find the download links and instructions for that here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40412-SDX-0-6-0-%28April-2016%29

Once you have SDX installed and setup all you need to do is extract the folder "CCTV - 1080p" from the archive into the "SDXMods" folder, then run SDX and tick the mod in the list and click build, wait for it to finish building then click play. And its always a good idea to back up your configs before running any mod.

I put in 22 around my base and about 6 monitors inside my base and fps went to around 6 lol. But i am playing on ultra settings to for everything.

Welcome to the coolest section of the forum :-P. But yesbthisbdef has alot of uses 1 could use it for. Esp on server/mp city monitoring base monitoring etc etc. Be awesome if you could have a portable tv while your away from your base you could check the watch or what not.

It would of only been showing 4 feeds, once you place a second camera of the same channel it overrides the first one you placed. A portable screen is on my too do list but I think it will only be able to do 1 channel.

First you need to install SDX you can find the download links and instructions for that here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?40412-SDX-0-6-0-%28April-2016%29

Once you have SDX installed and setup all you need to do is extract the folder "CCTV - 1080p" from the archive into the "SDXMods" folder, then run SDX and tick the mod in the list and click build, wait for it to finish building then click play. And its always a good idea to back up your configs before running any mod.

It would of only been showing 4 feeds, once you place a second camera of the same channel it will overridden the first one you placed. A portable screen is on my too do list but I think it will only be able to do 1 channel.

Yeh I worked that out. Great mod man really is. Would making more just be a matter of copy and pasting tho the config or. Yeh 1 channel be great unless you work out how to flick thru the channels haha lol :-P

Yeh I worked that out. Great mod man really is. Would making more just be a matter of copy and pasting tho the config or. Yeh 1 channel be great unless you work out how to flick thru the channels haha lol :-P

No I have to make the models for the screen and camera in unity for each channel in the system. If you were to copy the blocks in the xmls they would be using the same models as the originals so the new cams would override any cameras already placed. I've got ch1 working on a smart phone.

No I have to make the models for the screen and camera in unity for each channel in the system. If you were to copy the blocks in the xmls they would be using the same models as the originals so the new cams would override any cameras already placed. I've got ch1 working on a smart phone.

That is very smart :-P hehe. Yeh ok I understand i knew it couldnt be that easy lolz....

That is very smart :-P hehe. Yeh ok I understand i knew it couldnt be that easy lolz....

Great work three08,

If you're into coding you could dynamically create a channel based on the camera's x,y,z hashcode and use the tv block's activation event to cycle through the channels. You can add c# code by creates a "Scripts" folder in the mod directory and placing them in there.

I've updated the link with a updated version, it includes some bug fixes and a smart phone.

v1.1 Update notes:

Added a hand held smart phone that displays the picture from ch1 and doubles as a remote for the non-auto scan TV's

Added repair items to all blocks

Added descriptions

Added the screens 2, 3 and 4 of both types to the developer menu.

Fixed misalignment and removed the line at the top of screen

Fixed remote not working

Fixed missing colliders on all models (You can break them now)

Note that the sound on the new remote isn't working yet.

Archived