True Survival

Spider

I really like this game but at max difficulty, vanilla is too easy. Thankfully there are some amazing mods out there that improve the difficulty.

I've been playing several mods the last few months and yesterday I loaded this one. Jesus christ, it's insane. Solo play at max difficulty (insane, 25% loot, feral Z's, very high Z spawn, no loot respawn, no airdrops).

It finally feels like a true survival game. Progress is very slow, I don't know where my next meal is coming from, Horde night tomorrow, haven't even thought about it, too busy trying to stay alive, 1 day at a time.

Best mod I have seen for hardcore survivalists. Good work spider.

The Mod is designed for 20% loot and I would not suggest turning Feral on for the Zombies. It really doesn’t work well with the rest of the Mod settings. Glad you enjoy the Mod. Can’t wait to update it to 14.

A14 True Survival Mod is Live for Testing

Mod is live on server. It is not finished and there is a lot to add and fix but feel free to hop in and try it. Please report all bugs, things that aren’t done yet and suggestions on this thread -http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions/1/371918937259100928/

IP:205.234.152.82 Port:25028

Started Change Log for A14 find it here -

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions/6/371918937264722243/

4/1/2016

Updated Mod to A14

Zombies have a chance to drop low quality clothes

Started the work for each Profession to have a quest line

Added a chance to harvest Zinc Powder to Stone

Added Copper Ore

New Ore layout-

Dessert –Coal – Gravel- Copper- Oil

Plains- Gravel- Lead- Copper

Forrest- Coal- Gravel- Lead-Copper

Pine Forest- Coal Gravel-Iron- Copper

Burnt Forest –Coal –Gravel –Iron –Lead

Snow-Coal-Gravel-Iron-Lead

Caves-Nitrate

Added recipe to make Brass with Zinc Powder and Copper

Removed Scrap Brass from loot

Removed most Scrap Lead from loot

Changed Bear Trap to hold you in place and make you bleed until you break free. Once you break free you will have a broken leg.

Changed it so that a infected animal or zombie can only infect you if you are first Grabbed then Bitten, then you will have a chance for infection

Changed Poison Spikes and Log Tips to not be crafted but upgraded from the highest tier spike or Tip. It requires Venom Poison to upgrade.

Added new Fast Travel buff when you are traveling on a paved road. When on a paved road you will travel 50% faster. This also applies to animals and zombies.

Made walking over gore blocks slower

Changed Shock Traps to be workstations more on these soon

Changed name of Spears that are ammo to Atlatls for less confusion

Added Descriptions to a lot of things and more soon to come.

Re did starting quest to fit with the mod

Re did the Into Note

Re calipered the loot to be as I envision at 100% loot option

Zombie Moe (the fat one) still explodes when near death but now also can throw up on you. Moe’s puke does 5 damage a lot of Block damage and if it hits you it makes you stink and attracts other zombies. He has a longer cool down on his puke and half the rang as the Fat Cop

The Fat Cop Zombies Puke now leaves the Acid debuff on you when hit. Can be removed with Bottled Water or River Water Bottled

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

4/2/2016

Added 2 new sub biomes to Burnt Forrest and the Westland. The new biome is radiated fall out.

Lowered all Biome Zombie Spawning by 1

Now that the City Spawner works I changed biomes spawning in wasteland and Burnt forest to be clearable for 1 day instead of instant respawn

Inside large city’s is still instant respawn

Fixed a lot of Icons

Added a ton of Descriptions

Fixed the Glass Pane that causes FPS drop

Running new Magolis Combo Pack

Separated RWG Secure Storage chest from what the player creates so that you can now find loot in all chests throughout the world

And a bunch of other stuff that I forgot to write down lol :)

The new Client Pack v5 is ready for download here-

https://envul.com/true-survival-client-pack-44-7-days-to-die-mod/

Fresh test map up on server.  

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

When release to general public?

Working good on your server

It's about 2/3 done. Still have a lot of work left.

Not sure if I'm missing a step or installing things wrong but I'm still locking up at loading items. I copied the data and mods folders from "true-survivaljzmod-94-804" to my 7DtD data and mods folders, overwriting what needed it and then did the same with the new "true-survival-client-pack-44-909". Did I miss something?

Attaching an image of the problem message, well most of it anyway, the end didn't make the picture.

1509120586_image1resize.thumb.jpg.194e000bfbd1327e040935fae8a84102.jpg

The Mod is not out for download yet. It is still being finished for 14. I let it run on my server for testing. When its done i will publish it for download. You do need the Client Pack to play on the server still. It is stable I just still have a lot of stuff to add and finish like descriptions and profession quest. Bunch of cool stuff. Feel free to hop on and try it out.

The Mod is not out for download yet. It is still being finished for 14. I let it run on my server for testing. When its done i will publish it for download. You do need the Client Pack to play on the server still. It is stable I just still have a lot of stuff to add and finish like descriptions and profession quest. Bunch of cool stuff. Feel free to hop on and try it out.

I would, but the servers full 10/10 lol.

Ah, so just a misunderstanding on my part. I'm not one for playing on servers with others, I like playing alone... Anyway, I'll just wait it out and hope it's avaliable soon.

4/3/2016 –

Fixed Bacon and eggs recipe

Thinned out some loot that was dropping too many at a time

---------Added new Hygiene Buff system ------

Added a use to Cloth Fragments. They now can be used in water to rinse of dirt by taking a Bird Bath but will not clean you completely.

Added new item and recipe for Soap. It is made from Animal fat, Zinc Powder and Red Flowers on a campfire in a Cooking Pot

-----Hygiene System-------

DIRTY -After 96 game hours you will get a Dirty Buff that gives you a small smell

GRIMY-After 168 Game hours you will get a Grimy Buff that will gives you a medium smell

FILTHY- After 288 game hours you will get a Filthy buff that will gives you a large smell

If you acquire 10 or more Scratches while you are Filthy you will become Infectious and your scratches will become infected with the Bio Infection. Infectious gives a extra large smell.

Taking a Bird Bath in the water with a Cloth Fragment will remove 72 game hours of dirt.

Taking a Soapy Bath in the water with Soap will remove 144 game hours of dirt and remove the Infectious buff.

any news on this being available for alpha 14.4 :-)

Mod will be published for download when its finished and bug free, might be another week or 2 before i put it out. Feel free to play on my server that runs it.

4/7/2016 –

Since the quest file is not pushed out by the server and you need to have those files to get all the quests when you start on the server I am putting the server to PW with the Password being posted where you download the client pack. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Removed Table Saw Workstation

Removed Generator Workstation

Removed Dead Battery Item

Removed Charged Battery Item

Removed Raw Meat and Meat Stew

Fixed horde rotation till day 756

Added back Compass

Removed Elevation from HUD

Lowered bear Meat fullness

Added Energized buff for stamina buffs that did not need to warm the player

Changed name of Scrap Cable to Scrap Wire. It can still be searched for by either name.

Now you can type “work” in your crafting search and it will show all Crafting Workstations

Added Red highlights to Selected Tool belt Square, Hover Square and Selected Square

Added new form of creating electricity because the battery system was not going to work going forward with the use of the workstations.

STEAM POWER—

All Shock Traps and now crafted with a Steam generator that consist of Fan Belt, Alternator, Turbine, scrap Wire and forged Iron. To activate the shock trap you need an empty Boiler. You can fill the Boiler with water just like a bucket. Place the Filled Boiler in the trap and light it and it will shock anything that touches it.

Doubled the needed xp per level

Added a ton of description

Added Profession Quest Chains. Each profession gets five quests and upon completion you will get 5 skill points

Changed Hand Saw to Circular Saw

Added new Metal Work Bench that looks like the new work bench. This will build all metal things

Metal Working Bench Tools = Wrench / Tool and Die Set / Wielder

Changed new Work Bench to be a Wood Work Bench and do all wood things.

Wood Work Bench Tools = Claw Hammer / Circular Saw / Nail Gun

Changed Blast Furness to be a smelting workstation like the forge. You can now melt down Iron, Clay, Zinc Powder, Copper Scrap, Coal and Wood in the Furness.

Clay+Iron+Coal = Steel

Zinc+Copper=Brass

Wood=Coal

Added 5th slot to Crafting Que

Fixed UI windows from over lapping in workstations. Still needs some more work

Updated to Combo Pack 20 from Magoli

Known bug - Error when crafting Crossbow

Edited by Spider (see edit history)