True Survival

Spider

On 3/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, shady_mel said:

First of all... thank you for this fantastic MOD.  I absolutely LOVE it!!!  Secondly.... I'm stuck and need some help.  I need to obtain the tissue extractor from the old camp at the Favales Academy.  I've been to 3 different Favales Academies in different towns and they are all the same standard POI with no extractors or camp set-ups.  What am I missing?  

Is your world one that was generated before you started using the mod? That was my issue, and I actually didn't have any of the required POIs in my map. The easiest way to check is to fire up cheat mode and try to teleport to a given POI. Spider's has a unique name with his prefix in front (I can't remember off the top of my head what it was). In the end I just spawned the thing manually.

Xorian, so far I have the other POIs.  I was able to obtain the satellite parts, and have found what I believe the be the next POI that has some type of tissue testing center.  I've now found my fourth Favales Academy, and still no camp or extractor.

I had the same thing actually, no issue with the satellite or tissue analysis station. I think he modified existing POIs for those and created a new one for the Academy. Or something along those lines, I'm only guessing and have super minimal modding experience :).

• 1 month later...

Hello, I heard about this mod and I have been trying to play it now for 3 days and it won't work.. :( 

I use the Mod Launcher and every other mod works but this one, what can I do to be able to play it?

Is there a step by step process for the non mod launcher one?

20 hours ago, Coannpats said:

Hello, I heard about this mod and I have been trying to play it now for 3 days and it won't work.. :( 

I use the Mod Launcher and every other mod works but this one, what can I do to be able to play it?

heya, you are probably running 19.4! you need 19.3)

Hi everyone, having a lot of trouble getting this mod to work on co-op. Specifically, seemingly randomly one group member will not be able to see another (the character does not render and the player can’t be seen in the players list). Other group members can see the “invisible” player. Sometimes, when someone logs in it will cause another player to spontaneously die. We have also had issues where a player dies, and when they respawn it causes another player to go into an infinite loop of dying. Any thoughts? 

Hello everyone, any idea where to get the security card? its says top floor of apartment building. I have lvl 5 quests from traders for apartment building, but the only POI is super bugged where have half building doesnt refresh and another half is 90% absent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 2:07 PM, Coannpats said:

Did you ever get this figured out? Every other mod I've tried in the launcher works. True survival will load up in 19.3(b) correctly and everything, but it crashes when loading a world. I used the RWG and every required setting. Tried it on multiple PC's, multiple maps, and even manually modding but I just can't get it to work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this mod recommended to use? Seems to have a lot of problems from the comments. If so what is the best version of the game currently to run with it? Is the .zip compatible to put on the server or is there a separate file somewhere? Thanks for your responses 

UPD: SOLVED

When I started the game, I saw 19.3 in the corner and thought everything was fine. It turned out that no. After downloading 19.3 through the steam beta versions, everything started. Anyone who has a similar problem - just go to the Steam library, go to the 7 Days to die properties, select "Beta version" and download 19.3 After that, reinstall the modification.

Hi, please, help

The mod crashes at the end of the world loading.

Several reinstallations did not help (I use 7D2D Mod Launcher), tried different RWG (KingGen and Vanilla) 

No problem with other mods.

Manual reinstallation also didn't help

EAC off

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

On 5/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, Rdelaura said:

Is this mod recommended to use? Seems to have a lot of problems from the comments. If so what is the best version of the game currently to run with it? Is the .zip compatible to put on the server or is there a separate file somewhere? Thanks for your responses 

I would 100% recommend this mod if you want a real challenge.  I missed the part that tells you to run this with a random gen world.  I had to literally go back through hours of you tube videos of others playing this mod until someone mentioned the same issue I was having.  I believe that was why I wasn't getting the custom POIs for the storyline.  I started over on random gen, and I'm currently running it with 19.2, and had zero issues.  Give it a try!!

11 hours ago, bachgaman said:

When I started the game, I saw 19.3 in the corner and thought everything was fine. It turned out that no. After downloading 19.3 through the steam beta versions, everything started. Anyone who has a similar problem - just go to the Steam library, go to the 7 Days to die properties, select "Beta version" and download 19.3 After that, reinstall the modification.

Hi, please, help

Several reinstallations did not help (I use 7D2D Mod Launcher), tried different RWG (KingGen and Vanilla) 

EAC off

I uninstalled, then reinstalled with 19.2.  I'm not sure what versions this mod supports, but 19.2 is working for me. I also access through the mod launcher.  I'm on a random gen world with no issues.

12 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Hi, please, help

EAC off

Also, make sure you pre-sync the mod each time you play.  That really helped solve issues as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey hey,

spending some time checking out the major overhaul mods while waiting for A20 and having a blast with this one so far. First one of the bunch that made me die a few times too :D Injury system is great, adds a lot of "change of plans"-situations.. Food and "Sleep" system are done pretty well too, though intuitively I wouldn't have seen potatos or corn primarily as fiber rather than carb sources but that's just minor nit picks.

I'm enjoing the concept of a story quest very much, however I got to a point where I'm stuck with it:

So I grabbed that extractor thingie from the old destroyed home at favales and crafted the extractor spear. Figured I obviously have to poke something with it. Journal mentions "strange creatures moving with a horde". At first the only strange creatures I knew of were the insectoids that behave like the bees but are a lot more dangerous when the get close (puncture wounds - ouch!). Poked those in alive state as they turn instantly into a Z corpse when dead - nothing. Okay so next up I tried the dog variants, same story. So obviously those guys aren't the right creatures.

I also poked the things coming out of the ground in burnt biome (serious Eternal Darkness/ Lovecraftian horror vibes there :D ) - got a fungus sample which prolly is needed much later.

I read back about 20ish pages in this forum thread and I see a mention/ pictures of some sort of grey monster. Have not seen one of those yet. If I understand correctly they are supposed to spawn during BM? Had 4 BMs so far and not a single one of those @%$#s is showing, just the regular stuff. So I'm wondering is there a game stage threshold for them to show up ( I kept my GS rather low not killing a lot)? Is it totally random? What else am I doing wrong maybe? And If I actually get to see them finally, do I have to poke them in alive state or will they have corpses that stay?

I'm at a point where I'd really like to progress the story, since I manage pretty well on the basic survival front and when it comes to building I'm still stumped by low tier tools and still no ability to craft forged iron :D So I travel around to find nice spots to loot, do the occasional quest and I feel the old boredom creeping in 😕

Thanks for reading and maybe answering and the good work you put into this mod :]

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, shady_mel said:

Hey Kam, I think you just need to poke zombies during a blood moon horde.

Ouch, I read way too much into the journal entries and didn't even try that. :D

Thanks!

Edit:

"She's says that she saw something strange in the horde"

"She's asked you to get some tissue samples from the strange creatures she saw moving with the horde"

"Now that you have the Extractor craft a Tissue Extractor spear to use it on Mutated Creatures during the Bloodmoon..."

I think these can be somewhat misleading, or not?

If the word "creature" would have been "zombies" or "undead" I wouldn't have focused so much on anything but the zombies lol.

Or change the phrase "moving with the horde" to "moving as a horde" maybe.

Edited by Kam R. (see edit history)

Me again 😛

Having a bit of trouble with the end game quest - planting the crops for making the cure ingredients.

The engineered seeds don't seem to follow the same mechanics as normal seeds or maybe something is bugged/unfinished?

I killed a bunch of Zs during BM in the forest biome, got their "fluids".

Made the forest fertilizer with those fluids.

Planted the engineered carrots (indicated to be the crop you should plant in the forest).

Tried to use the watering can on them with the forest fertilizer in inventory - nothing happens.

Waited a day and a half thinking maybe with these seeds you have to use the fertilizer in the next stage.

Returned to plants and their description has changed to "this block is can be placed but is mostly decorative". Ok weird.

Tried the watering can on them now showed a missing resource (fertilizer) icon. Having either forest fertilizer or normal fertilizer on me - still the icon.

Tried to recover the seeds to plant them on actual forest ground instead of planter positioned in forest biome - but they just poofed. Annoying.

Since there was no other source I knew, of where I could get the seeds again, I took another 5 from cm

...and tried the whole thing on forest ground with exactly the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Also another small criticism/feedback on the journal entries and quest instructions for the "end game: the brawn" quests:

All of the 5 biome specific quests only talk about "the military's mutant attractor" you're supposed to craft.

None of the words yield a result when searching for them in the crafting menu. Because the item you're supposed to craft is called "sonic projector".

I only happened to stumble across the "sonic projector" by pure chance, when typing some random letters while searching for something else and decided to try it out because I saw one in the CDC earlier.

When the bloodmoon starts is the first time the words "sonic projector" ever are mentioned thru the quest instruction changing.

But that's a bit late imo, because that's when you should have the thing already and place it to trigger the special zombies to appear. No time to craft it then - another week wasted if you haven't found the right thing to craft before.

Simple solution would be changing the quest descriptive text to mention "sonic projector" already.

Or instead of a vague quest instruction "xxx bloodmoon" have it say "craft sonic projector".

It's confusing if one text says one thing and another text says something different. It needs consistency. Similar example "something something mutant spores" - item is called "something zombie fluids" in crafting though... There are a few more instances of that - maybe 2 different people wrote text and names for items? :D

Anyways. aside from these minor troubles I really enjoy this mod and can't wait to hopefully make the friggin Z-virus cure soon! :]

Seriously, love this mod. No being OP after a week. Constant surprises and changes to your plans happening. Food supply never becoming too easy.

Feeling endangered way longer. Massive kudos to the CDC POI as well - I had to spend like 4 days going thru that horrible place because I was blind and probably passed by the soldier's note sitting on a shelf 1000 times, constantly being swarmed by all the experiment subjects :D  Going on day 60 of my run and not nearly done!

----------------------------------------------------- Mod Update -------------------------------------------------

-Fixed Lv2 Electronic Workbench upgrade to require the proper tool

-Fixed Primitive Bow to break when 0 durability

-Fixed the Next Level amount shown in the Building Skills description

-Fixed all levels of the Improvised Workbenches crafting categories 

-Fixed all Workbench upgrading poi quest to be able to be repeated by crafting a quest giving item on the Research Desk

New Upgradable Workbenches, as you upgrade them the items crafted on them increase in quality level

Improvised Workstation

Screenshot 2022-04-23 134820.png

Advanced Workstation

Screenshot 2022-04-23 161156.png

Light Armor Workbench

Screenshot 2022-04-24 220550.png

Pipe Gun Workbench

Screenshot 2022-04-23 145907.png

Handgun Workbench 

Screenshot 2022-04-23 183449.png

Shotgun Workbench

Screenshot 2022-04-23 203744.png

Machine Gun Workbench

Screenshot 2022-04-24 170151.png

Rifle Workbench

Screenshot 2022-04-24 180314.png

And more!

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Just now, Spider said:

Vastlee - The mod comes in a Mods Folder. Make sure there is only one Mods Folder.

Thanks. I had some other issues. Got loaded up in the game. Made lots of mistakes. How can I completely restart the character? As of now he's got so many bites/debuffs that I can't move. I'm good with losing progress, but need a way to start fresh.