Loot Probability Viewer

Earthworm

Thanks Stompy, sorry I didn't reply earlier, been busy. I will make the update and add a new release.

Coolies, I'mma wait till that release cause I don't have an editor for visual studio stuff but I am glad I saw this, this is exactly what I was looking for. You da man @Earthworm !

Alpha 5 of the loot viewer uploaded.

* fixed an additional math error with probability templates

* Upped the default max skill to 200 to match alpha 15

* increased decimal precision to 4 on probability display

* added new Alpha 15 loot container names.

Error with the latest version after loading up loot.xml:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at _7DtD_LootViewer.LootViewer.explodeGroup(String& groupName, lootGroupContents& incGroupDetails)

at _7DtD_LootViewer.LootViewer.B_Load_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

7DtD-LootViewer

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Setari/Downloads/7DtD-LootViewer/7DtD-LootViewer.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 3 weeks later...

Setari, sorry about the delay, I didn't get informed of a new post here. The crash is due to a lootgroup being referenced in your loot.dml that is not defined prior in the file. Look for typos in your loot group names and the references. Or something similar. I will correct the crash in next release to give more detail.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for creating this!

This doesn't seem to run on windows 10. If I select it, I just the loading circle, but it never opens up.

Does the exe need something else to run, like a support library?

This should work in Windows 10, it was compiled in Windows 10, so not sure the issue. Possibly don't have correct .Net version or not updated?

This app works great. It would be nice if in the next version you could browse for the xml file you want. It would also be nice if it remembered the last file used and not always reset to the default file on your PC.

I also noticed if a lootcontainer itself has count="all" applied then the application list probabilities incorrectly. Each item will drop so should have a 100% probability assigned, not a fraction as currently listed.

A big request would to have the output editable and than formated in a way that it could be cut and pasted back into the xml file. That way this app could be used to easily cleanup all the probabilities in the loot tables.

So rather than the current output of the birdnest which is:

feather, 75.0000% Count: 1-4

egg, 25.0000% Count: 1

You would output:

<item name="feather" count="1,4" prob="0.7500" />

<item name="egg" count="1" prob="0.2500" />

That would make this utility much more useful than it already is. This might be more work than you have time for, but it would be something to consider for a future release.

This app works great. It would be nice if in the next version you could browse for the xml file you want. It would also be nice if it remembered the last file used and not always reset to the default file on your PC.

I also noticed if a lootcontainer itself has count="all" applied then the application list probabilities incorrectly. Each item will drop so should have a 100% probability assigned, not a fraction as currently listed.

A big request would to have the output editable and than formated in a way that it could be cut and pasted back into the xml file. That way this app could be used to easily cleanup all the probabilities in the loot tables.

So rather than the current output of the birdnest which is:

feather, 75.0000% Count: 1-4

egg, 25.0000% Count: 1

You would output:

<item name="feather" count="1,4" prob="0.7500" />

<item name="egg" count="1" prob="0.2500" />

That would make this utility much more useful than it already is. This might be more work than you have time for, but it would be something to consider for a future release.

Actually now the more I think about it, the harder this becomes. Just outputting with XML is pretty easy, but adding in the edit-ability would require a rewrite of most of the logic of the tool. And without the ability to edit the values, the XML output doesn't help a whole lot. I will consider it if I find myself with a lot of time on my hands, but unlikely.

Thanks for the kind words and the suggestion though.

Actually, the formated xml output as is would be a big help. Its really hard to grasp the probabilities when they don't add up to 100%. I'd copy and paste the output into the loot.xml and adjust from there. A boon would be a new button that did a one shot convert and output to an xml file which then could be harvested on section at a time and pasted into the loot.xml without having to go back to the app for every loot ID. You already dump the container names xml file this way, just add a full dump of all the revised probabilities sorted by loot container then by name or probability. Not sure which one would work best.

• 2 years later...

This mod was updated for A18 by Sphereii and I. I used this tool to balance loot tables when I was working on TS/Starvation, and I figured it would be useful to the modding community if we updated it until Earthworm becomes active in the modding community again. The tool works well as is, and neither SphereII or I plan to enhance the tool unless it becomes widely used. So enjoy it as it is!

• 4 months later...

Trying to use for A19 getting error. Tried updating containernames.xml still same error not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it needs updating. 

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at _7DtD_LootViewer.LootViewer.B_Load_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7DtD-LootViewer\7DtD-LootViewer\Form1.cs:line 369
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Wish I could help more, I downloaded the master from github and looked at the code but I'm not a programmer. More of a tinkerer and I have no idea what I'm doing. It sure would be a handy tool to have as I am in the process of making a loot overhaul to slow progress and make a bit more sense as far as what you get where and when. Still trying to understand the lootqualitytemplates as in playing I seem to get a lot of quality 6 items.

I was curious and looked at it but there is no way to input a gamestage so the output wouldn't have anything to do with ingame results.

There are fields for a mystery skill and player level, neither of which have any direct impact on the result.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

I was curious and looked at it but there is no way to input a gamestage so the output wouldn't have anything to do with ingame results.

There are fields for a mystery skill and player level, neither of which have any direct impact on the result.

The original code is very old, I was only letting it limp along. However, based on the changes to the game staged loot, we may need to put in more effort into it, if it still has users.

• 1 month later...

I would be very interested in an working tool like this. Been cursing for about a week trying to tune loottables to fit our taste but it's a pain in the beep to try to gather enough tests to say if it's too high or low droprate of items especially when gamestages mucks up the intended results too.

(double the issue since I don't fully comprehend how the game calculates lootchanches and prob's )

I guess trying to calculate for the gamestage alterations would be a total nightmare ? :(

Trying my best to balance the game around 50% loot in serverconfig, and still it just showers us with guns and ammo and basically everything.

(except mp5s, day 80ish and still havent seen one of those o.O)

I'm trying to stop the guns from being aquired by day 2, and have primitive weapons stay relevant for a longer time,

Ideally the first two hordenights should be fought with bows :D

Gamestage does alter whatkind of loot is found right?

(I really have to try harder to understand the loot.xml file, (and progression and buffs and and and and...x.x))

Archived