Dev Tracker

Deccypher

Hi,

Im almost finished making an xml merge and fix tool. what it will do is allow you to upload mutipul XMl's and it will find duplicate ID's and re-order them, then spit out a finished XML, this is to help people who use mutipul mods so theres less conflict.

the way it will work is you signup for access ( free use/pass ( no emnail) really only used to distinguish your xml's from others)

ive already got it for items/block/recipies my question to you all is do you think doing the same for the other xml's is worthwhile ( entityclasses.xml and such)?

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a copy of Deccypher's Dev Tracker in a nice new handy location. Use the link to go to his extremely useful tool to instantly find the latest posts by any of the 7 Days to Die Developers. A huge thank you goes to Deccypher for this awesome tool. Take some time to add to his rep. :)

Here is a copy of Deccypher's Dev Tracker in a nice new handy location. Use the link to go to his extremely useful tool to instantly find the latest posts by any of the 7 Days to Die Developers. A huge thank you goes to Deccypher for this awesome tool. Take some time to add to his rep. :)

\

thanks roland, also added you and malthis to the tracker, you can finally see your names in dev orange ( at least till i get around to changing the css)

Hey Malthis and Roland are doing an excellent job releasing pressure from Madmole. They deserve being in the dev tracker. Thank you for adding them. I had to dig to find Roland's A13 sneak peak video was a day late for that and this tool would have helped!

Can you add rss channels on topics (or cummulative twitter feed) to be able to be notified about updates instantly?

Very good idea - thanks! :)

you can, you have to be a bit careful when scraping another persons website. and doing it per tpoic can cause a problem espically on a forum this size, they are using vbulitin it would be easier for brains or one of the forum guys to set up a full rss feed like that, but it can be done. Ill make a rss version of the data im already scraping. I would do one for new posts but that would be just new post to me and as im on here alot of my day and night it would be mostly empty, but il lsee what else can be done to get you the newest info.

you can, you have to be a bit careful when scraping another persons website. and doing it per tpoic can cause a problem espically on a forum this size, they are using vbulitin it would be easier for brains or one of the forum guys to set up a full rss feed like that, but it can be done. Ill make a rss version of the data im already scraping. I would do one for new posts but that would be just new post to me and as im on here alot of my day and night it would be mostly empty, but il lsee what else can be done to get you the newest info.

Thanks, just use some simple caching with ttl if you dont do it already..

I expected just RSS for your cached data of MM posts with delay 1 hour max.. :)

Great tool - especially versioned XML defaults are killer! Thanks much.

Hi,

Im almost finished making an xml merge and fix tool. what it will do is allow you to upload mutipul XMl's and it will find duplicate ID's and re-order them, then spit out a finished XML, this is to help people who use mutipul mods so theres less conflict.

the way it will work is you signup for access ( free use/pass ( no emnail) really only used to distinguish your xml's from others)

ive already got it for items/block/recipies my question to you all is do you think doing the same for the other xml's is worthwhile ( entityclasses.xml and such)?

thanks

I dont think it will hurt at all but you have got the main ones blocks and items.

Seems to be down. Probably getting hit like a stepchild in a fairy tale.

yea its not down but its getting more hits than a red headed step child surprising low numbers of unique compared to the OMG hits so i think some of you need to try out for the F5 Olympics

• Roland unpinned this topic

Archived