Turrets

HAL9000

I look forward to being able to try this out - this is incredibly good work HAL.

For the expenditure of ammunition involved it didn't look that OP - it sounds similar to the SMG, is it around the same level of damage per bullet fired? (It seemed like it was going to take a while to kill all the animals there).

I look forward to being able to try this out - this is incredibly good work HAL.

For the expenditure of ammunition involved it didn't look that OP - it sounds similar to the SMG, is it around the same level of damage per bullet fired? (It seemed like it was going to take a while to kill all the animals there).

I changed the rate of fire to get the tracers looking the best I could, I didn't rebalance the damage to entities or blocks which is why it looks different.

I was also wondering about it destroying blocks. Can it be set to not damage your base but only zombies and such.

Maybe, it should just be a dynamic property in the XML but I'll have to check

Are they something you only drop in from editor menu or do they have a recipe? If so how involved would it be?

No recipe but they're easy enough to make. I'd make them expensive to build, they'd have to be late late game to be balanced right I think.

Peaks in to see if any more progress lol. I dont think any alpha has had me this excited as much as this mod has lol :-D

Not yet, I may do another round of tweaks and then look to release but it may be the weekend before I get chance.

It'll have to be this weekend though as we all know what comes next week :)

Cheers,

Hal

I changed the rate of fire to get the tracers looking the best I could, I didn't rebalance the damage to entities or blocks which is why it looks different.

Maybe, it should just be a dynamic property in the XML but I'll have to check

No recipe but they're easy enough to make. I'd make them expensive to build, they'd have to be late late game to be balanced right I think.

Not yet, I may do another round of tweaks and then look to release but it may be the weekend before I get chance.

It'll have to be this weekend though as we all know what comes next week :)

Cheers,

Hal

Yes yes lol the long awaited F04 :-D/ so only like 5 - 6 days and we will have the "PRECIOUS" lol

Hey Hal

Hows the turrets coming along :-)... Hope it is near completion :-)..

Hey stallionsden,

I've done a bit more this evening. The turrets will now remember their owner when you log off or restart the server. I've also added some XML options so you can tweak the damage and a couple of other things. You can also add a flashlight to the container to have a spotlight from the turret.

Not been able to simplify the script injection so probably won't release the source yet but I'll do a video on how to install the turrets using SD2DX using a DLL I've precompiled.

Cheers,

Hal

Hey stallionsden,

I've done a bit more this evening. The turrets will now remember their owner when you log off or restart the server. I've also added some XML options so you can tweak the damage and a couple of other things. You can also add a flashlight to the container to have a spotlight from the turret.

Not been able to simplify the script injection so probably won't release the source yet but I'll do a video on how to install the turrets using SD2DX using a DLL I've precompiled.

Cheers,

Hal

Amazing :-) work Hal. Thank you for the time to reply to my impatience haha lol :-)

Since A13 gonna be a while. Please lord Hal release this beauty so we can atleast have some joyment of a12.5 left lol. BTW you had better have pre loaded FO4 the sh*ts bout to get real lol :-D

It's coming. Got SP working fine but multiplayer is still causing issues (they turn traitor!). If I can get that sorted I'll be releasing later today.

Oh yeah, pre-loaded and ready to go :)

It's coming. Got SP working fine but multiplayer is still causing issues (they turn traitor!). If I can get that sorted I'll be releasing later today.

Oh yeah, pre-loaded and ready to go :)

Lol so if i just play sp lol. I can test it for you :-D Haha. Maybe a remote may work. You all have a remote and can turn them off or on. Have the remote tho work from a distance aways. 26hrs 16 min til release.

Lord Hal you sir are awesome :-)

Hope you enjoy it stallionsden. With 24 hours to spare ;)

Enjoy guys, this was just the first go at something in ST2DX. The scope of that tool is huge, people are going to be able to create amazing things with it.

Cheers,

Hal

Hope you enjoy it stallionsden. With 24 hours to spare ;)

Enjoy guys, this was just the first go at something in ST2DX. The scope of that tool is huge, people are going to be able to create amazing things with it.

Cheers,

Hal

Haha nearly booked my plane ticket to com visit you lol :-P. It works great ty for this :-). thinking it used 10 mm bullets lol it was quite funny to see it shooting blanks at zs lol :-D haha. Love it and so do the kids :-)

Archived