Turrets

HAL9000

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share my first foray into playing around with SD2Dx -

!

Completely over-powered (and you don't want to get inbetween them and their target!) but a lot of fun to make!

SD2DX is a great piece of kit, I can see it's going to be the cornerstone for modding in new content. So to Domonix and his crew - thanks! Great work!

Downloads

A15 Turret Download + SDX0.7

A14 Download

Turrets

A12 Download

First grab SDTDX 4.2 if you don't already have it

And the Mod

(A12.5)

Then watch the

of how to set it up

Cheers,

Hal

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share my first foray into playing around with SD2Dx -

!

Completely over-powered (and you don't want to get inbetween them and their target!) but a lot of fun to make!

SD2DX is a great piece of kit, I can see it's going to be the cornerstone for modding in new content. So to Domonix and his crew - thanks! Great work!

There's still a couple of issues to iron out with the turrets. If I can get them sorted I will try and release them for download.

Cheers,

Hal

Awesome work Hal :-).. Cant wait for you to iron out thee issues and release :-D this is what has been missing :-)

Nice work lol.... I would be very interested to see the code for this.

:)

Urgh between Matite and Hal lol this is gonna make me have to start using sd2dx lol :-(. Was gonna wait til A13 lol but dang between Matites fruit trees etc and now Hals Turrets Imma gonna have to use it sooner lol.

Never. Enough. DAKKA!

But but but....those poor zombies didn't stand a chance 😅. I wonder if hal can make so u can interact with them. (I.e. load ammo)...

Also, is it possible to give them tracer rounds? Would make them look that much more eppic. :)

But but but....those poor zombies didn't stand a chance . I wonder if hal can make so u can interact with them. (I.e. load ammo)...

Also, is it possible to give them tracer rounds? Would make them look that much more eppic. :)

Use flaming arrows!

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- form blazing sword!

Hey guys,

. You now have to load them with ammo and fuel to work so less OP than before. They behave like any container. Just walk up to them and add the stuff (9mm and gasoline).

I also added tracer rounds and a recoil effect to help make them seem more natural. You'll have to forgive the crappy quality of the tracers, I'm not an art guy, I did my best.

Nice work lol.... I would be very interested to see the code for this.

:)

Thanks Matite. At the moment getting scripts to work is a bit awkward. I have to inject the scripts using my mod then run it through SDTDX for it to add the new content and gel it all together. I'll release the turrets with the source so you guys can use it as an example if we can simplify that process.

All I can say it is nothing to joke about; had a friend with turrets and it made social settings awkward.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Prefab ELEPHANT ICE CREAM

Yeah, for anyone not at the party! :)

But but but....those poor zombies didn't stand a chance ��. I wonder if hal can make so u can interact with them. (I.e. load ammo)...

Granted! But all tracers immediately seek you out instead of where they're fired... oh wait... wrong thread...

are they based on animals behaviour ? (like "pointing" toward/away from zeds)

No, I just did a basic script to control its movement. It's nothing special, just rotate to a position towards the target and go nuts till it stops moving :)

Cheers,

Hal

Hey guys,

. You now have to load them with ammo and fuel to work so less OP than before. They behave like any container. Just walk up to them and add the stuff.

I also added tracer rounds and a recoil effect to help make them seem more natural. You'll have to forgive the crappy quality of the tracers, I'm not an art guy, I did my best.

Thanks Matite. At the moment getting scripts to work is a bit awkward. I have to inject the scripts using my mod then run it through SDTDX for it to add the new content and gel it all together. I'll release the turrets with the source so you guys can use it as an example if we can simplify that process.

Yeah, for anyone not at the party! :)

Granted! But all tracers immediately seek you out instead of where they're fired... oh wait... wrong thread...

No, I just did a basic script to control its movement. It's nothing special, just rotate to a position towards the target and go nuts till it stops moving :)

Cheers,

Hal

Hal again amazing work :-). So it will still shoot us or can we make it zombie/animal only lol. Like I got a sensor on me for the turret to pick up I am friendly lol :-D WHY is it still shooting at me darn it :-P haha cant wait seriously awesome

Hal again amazing work :-). So it will still shoot us or can we make it zombie/animal only lol. Like I got a sensor on me for the turret to pick up I am friendly lol :-D WHY is it still shooting at me darn it :-P haha cant wait seriously awesome

At the moment it acts a bit like a baby bird. The nearest player to it when it wakes up is its mummy. They can't be targeted (but don't stand in its way when targeting something else!) but anything else can/will. It has a priority of player > zombie > animal. At the moment there's no friendly players, just enemies but I was thinking of having it check the players friend list. If you're in it then you're safe ^^

Cheers,

Hal

At the moment it acts a bit like a baby bird. The nearest player to it when it wakes up is its mummy. They can't be targeted (but don't stand in its way when targeting something else!) but anything else can/will. It has a priority of player > zombie > animal. At the moment there's no friendly players, just enemies but I was thinking of having it check the players friend list. If you're in it then you're safe ^^

Cheers,

Hal

Sort of like in Robocop where he couldn't arrest/shoot the big boss in the company.................until he got fired.

So anyone on your friends list is gonna be safe...............until you say "yeah, sure come on over" and then unfriend them when they are in range :)

Sort of like in Robocop where he couldn't arrest/shoot the big boss in the company.................until he got fired.

So anyone on your friends list is gonna be safe...............until you say "yeah, sure come on over" and then unfriend them when they are in range :)

Yeh that be awesome your friends are safe til not your friends lol or in your evil world when ever you decide to hit the unfriend button muahahahahahaha lol

- - - Updated - - -

BTW HAL your video for Turret 2 is set to private lol. Is this meant to be or :-/

this is sick wish more mods like this would release instead of xml edits.

The reason most of us stick to simple xml edits is so that we can still use EAC on our hosted servers, and so that our players don't have to download stuff to modify their client.

I used to mod the assets. But after a few months of hosting my own servers, that stopped real quick.

Very nice mod though HAL. I'll definitely put this on my SP client. I also look forward to the day when we can have mods like this pushed from the server.

Archived