Server Tools

dmustanger

So, it's been two weeks, but I still have not received an answer to my question. I conclude that no one knows.

The way out of the situation, I found this: Just installed the remote admin tool (RAT) In the Event settings сreated the same commands, but with other variables.

Previously it was: "tele {EntityId} 1018 4 -8138"

It became so: tele {player_id} 1018 4 -8138

True for people with color pseudonyms, the teams are now slightly different

But they do not mind. I called them VIP clients)))

Hey all - couple of quick questions....

1. If we wanted to add random weapons to the gimme list - how would you program it - for example, if I added:

<item item="clubSpiked" secondaryname="clubSpiked" min="1" max="1" />

What would the "strength" value of the club be (ie. 1-600)?

2. Server Tools - infoticker messages - how can we tell it to send out the messages in the order in which we type them - I was numbering mine but they show up all random - is there a way to have them go in order from the 1st to the last?

1. How can i change the MOTD? i have enabled it, but now cant seem to find where to change it.

2. Do i need to enable the /bloodmoon and /day7 commands for the to work?

TZMX - MOTD can be found in the server tools folder under the servertoolsconfig.xml - about 5th line from the bottom. Also - the /day7 and /bloodmoon commands are in this file as well - you have to change enabled="false" to enabled="true" and you are good to go

TZMX - MOTD can be found in the server tools folder under the servertoolsconfig.xml - about 5th line from the bottom. Also - the /day7 and /bloodmoon commands are in this file as well - you have to change enabled="false" to enabled="true" and you are good to go

Hey, thanks for answer, but:

1. i have MOTD enabled, BUT i need to change the message that is displayed, where do i change it?

2. I dont have the options for day7 and bloodmoong in config file, here is how my config file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ServerTools>
   <Tools>
       <Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />
       <Tool Name="Killme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenKillmeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="Gimme" Enable="True" DelayBetweenGimmeUses="60" AlwaysShowResponse="False" />
       <Tool Name="SetHome" Enable="False" DelayBetweenSetHomeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="HighPingKicker" Enable="False" Maxping="250" SamplesNeeded="0" />
       <Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="False" Ban="True" />
       <Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="ChatLogger" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="BadWordFilter" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="InfoTicker" Enable="False" DelayBetweenMessages="5" />
       <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" />
       <Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="False" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="15" />
       <Tool Name="ClanManager" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="AdminChatCommands" Enable="True" PermissionLevelForMute="0" />
   </Tools>
</ServerTools>

Should i just add them, if yes what do i add, because i tried a tool with a name "Day7", but that didnt help.

Hey, thanks for answer, but:

1. i have MOTD enabled, BUT i need to change the message that is displayed, where do i change it?

2. I dont have the options for day7 and bloodmoong in config file, here is how my config file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ServerTools>
   <Tools>
       <Tool Name="CustomCommands" Enable="True" ChatColor="[00FF00]" />
       <Tool Name="Killme" Enable="False" DelayBetweenKillmeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="Gimme" Enable="True" DelayBetweenGimmeUses="60" AlwaysShowResponse="False" />
       <Tool Name="SetHome" Enable="False" DelayBetweenSetHomeUses="60" />
       <Tool Name="HighPingKicker" Enable="False" Maxping="250" SamplesNeeded="0" />
       <Tool Name="InvalidItemKicker" Enable="False" Ban="True" />
       <Tool Name="AnnounceInvalidItemStack" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="ChatLogger" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="BadWordFilter" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="InfoTicker" Enable="False" DelayBetweenMessages="5" />
       <Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" />
       <Tool Name="AutoSaveWorld" Enable="False" DelayBetweenWorldSaves="15" />
       <Tool Name="ClanManager" Enable="False" />
       <Tool Name="AdminChatCommands" Enable="True" PermissionLevelForMute="0" />
   </Tools>
</ServerTools>

Should i just add them, if yes what do i add, because i tried a tool with a name "Day7", but that didnt help.

MOTD line should be something like this...

<Tool Name="Motd" Enable="True" Message="Welcome to your server {PlayerName}!" />

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, how can i change the MOTD? i cant seem to find that message in any of the configuration files.

Also do i have to somehow enable /day7 and /bloodmoon commands for them to work?

No you dont dude, MOTD is missing some text

you've edited this it seems, so your missing Message="Welcome to your server here {PlayerName}if this is your first time here, bla ha...!" /> loads of commands missing too, this is an old version.

Latest is at https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools/releases

fastest way to check errors is keep local copy to refer back too

If you've done rendermap then check the allocs log live to see exactly whats causing the error line and section

So many times its just a simple char missing if for other errors you see in log saying line and section

you can use notepad++ to quickly identify.

Hope this helps

Ari

Edited by Aribo
update (see edit history)

Cannot find ServerTools.xml

Hello, I am new to ServerTools and I would like to try it in my server because it sounds like a very usefull mod.

I already have installed in my 7 Days to Die server the Valmod Overhaul and Bigger Backpacks.

I tried to install ServerTools by downloading the latest release 5.7 from https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools

and pasting the ServerTools folder inside my Mods folder in my server where I have other mods that are already working.

After that, I just turned on the server but no ServerTools.xml file was generated. Couldn't find it anywhere inside the dedicated server.

I am a bit confused and not sure how to procceed.

Could someone please help me?

Starting Items xml

I am having a small issue with this part of the tool. My starting items list is;

<StartingItems>
   <Items>
               <item item="stoneAxe" count="1" quality="250" />
	<item item="clubSpiked" count="1" quality="300" />
               <item item="torch" count="1" quality="1" />
               <item item="canChili" count="5" quality="1" />
               <item item="bottledWater" count="5" quality="1" />
               <item item="keystoneBlock" count="1" quality="1" />
	<item item="miningHelmet" count="1" quaility="150" />
	<item item="antibiotics" count="5" quaility="1" />
	<item item="firstAidKit" count="5" quality="1" />
	<item item="gunPumpShotgun" count="1" quality="250" />
	<item item="shotgunShell" count="50" quality="1" />

</Items>
</StartingItems>

Everything loads as intended except <item item="miningHelmet" count="1" quaility="150" /> and I have tried reentering the name, count, quality to no avail. I am not sure if it is not possible to load for some reason since we are running the Undead Legacy mod but I took item names directly from the items.xml so thought they should be correct. Of the entire list, this one does not become part of the starting loadout. Any thoughts or suggestions why this is?

Hello, I am new to ServerTools and I would like to try it in my server because it sounds like a very usefull mod.

I already have installed in my 7 Days to Die server the Valmod Overhaul and Bigger Backpacks.

I tried to install ServerTools by downloading the latest release 5.7 from https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools

and pasting the ServerTools folder inside my Mods folder in my server where I have other mods that are already working.

After that, I just turned on the server but no ServerTools.xml file was generated. Couldn't find it anywhere inside the dedicated server.

Look inside Data/Worlds/ServerTools and it should be there.

I have no idea, as I haven't used this feature of Server Tools...but, quality is misspelled on the items "antibiotics" and "miningHelmet". Might have something to with it, just a guess.

I am having a small issue with this part of the tool. My starting items list is;

<StartingItems>
   <Items>

</Items>
</StartingItems>

Everything loads as intended except <item item="miningHelmet" count="1" quaility="150" /> and I have tried reentering the name, count, quality to no avail. I am not sure if it is not possible to load for some reason since we are running the Undead Legacy mod but I took item names directly from the items.xml so thought they should be correct. Of the entire list, this one does not become part of the starting loadout. Any thoughts or suggestions why this is?

<StartingItems>
   <Items>

</Items>
</StartingItems>

helpfull hint....always check your spelling.....look how you spelt quality in the mining helmet and antibiotic lines

Doh, seen Hated had already mentioned it...

I was also wondering if you can start with more items than fit in your toolbelt? Do the extras go to your backpack automatically?

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

helpfull hint....always check your spelling.....look how you spelt quality in the mining helmet and antibiotic lines

I was also wondering if you can start with more items than fit in your toolbelt? Do the extras go to your backpack automatically?

Also this just came out...

v.5.8

Added command to Set Home allowing players to delete their home position with /delhome

Added second set of Set Home options for valid reserved players. Reserved players can type /sethome2, /home2, and /delhome2. Requires Reserved Slots enabled

Added Anticheat: Zone Protection. Sets a zone to be PvE. Players can still kill in the zones but killers can be auto killed, jailed, kicked or banned and

the victim can type /return to teleport back for up to 2 minutes after their death. If jail is enabled, victims can forgive the killer to release them from jail

Added missing responses to chat command /commands

Fixed /sethome and /home not working without first using another chat command such as /gimme

Fixed some of the chat responses not responding off the chat color setting

Fixed Invalid Item not responding

Fixed /travel not responding when using a negative minimum value with a positive maximum value to determine the initial zone size

Fixed Stop Server showing random player names attached to the warning announcement

Fixed Starting Items occasionally not giving a player their starting items

All updates seem to be happening over in this thread now:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?77267-Servertools-updated-to-5-5/

Since Obsessive Compulsive took over.

Edited by The Hated Crew (see edit history)

The gimme command is interfering with another mod of mine. Is it possible to change the command to something else? I want to change it to something other than /gimme.

Hey you can Turn it off in the servertoolsconfig if you have it enabled elsewhere

1st ensure the zips extracted to the mod folder if not TURN SERVER OFF, then extract reboot then in /7daystodie/Save

s you'll find servertoolsconfig.xml

I have no idea, as I haven't used this feature of Server Tools...but, quality is misspelled on the items "antibiotics" and "miningHelmet". Might have something to with it, just a guess.

Lmao! Great catch. Both Compulsive and I seem to have missed my fabulous spelling there.... :bi_polo:

Yes, You can as not all items go into the toolbelt. Some go into your main inventory.

Also this just came out...

All updates seem to be happening over in this thread now:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?77267-Servertools-updated-to-5-5/

Since Obsessive Compulsive took over.

Yeah, I noticed that and if I have more questions I will post them there.

Thanks to all that looked into this. I'm afraid I am getting a bit old and sleepy these days and obviously my proofreading is not up to standard.

Just wanted to add, correct spelling worked like a charm lol. Thanks again!

Edited by BB_Drifter (see edit history)

I've been with ServerTools since the beginning, it has always been a good tool.

I have been working a lot with the 4.1 and it was stable. I tried the update you did to 5.7 and it seemed perfect. You have updated to 5.8 and .... disaster: S

I had to uninstall it and go back to my old 4.1

Installation on linux ubuntu 16.4.03LT

deleted files servertools.bin

reinstalled 5.8

Problems:

- When entering the server more than 6 people, the FPS-SERVER goes down to 0.5fps. It remains unstable and goes up to 4, goes down to 0.5

- Tested giving more or less fps-server settargetfps 5/20 / or 0. Same result.

- Uninstall 5.8 and go back to 4.1

- Server without people (350FPS-SERVER), with 5 (30FPS-SERVER), with 20 (6fps-server)

Some incompatibility problem has version 5.8

Use, bcm 2.4.0, coppis 3.6, ScriptingMod1.0, MultiblockMachines, and Alloc's