A16 Valmod Pack

Hello Valmar,

we wanted an optical distinction between the harvestable appleGrown an the appleTreeEmpty, so we changed the "Model" and the "ModelOffset" from the appleTreeEmpty to the properties of the treeDeadTree01:

<block id="2022" name="appleTreeEmpty">
<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />
<property name="Material" value="wood" />
<property name="Place" value="Door" />
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
<property name="Texture" value="116" />
<property name="Tag" value="TreeTrunk" />
<property name="BigDecorationRadius" value="1" />
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="Model" value="Entities/Trees/White_Oak22Prefab" />[/b][/color]
<property name="ParticleOnDeath" value="treeGib_burnt" />
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,-0.3,0" />[/b][/color]
<drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="25" />
       <drop event="Destroy" name="wood" count="12" prob="1" />
       <drop event="Destroy" name="Apple_Seed" count="1,2" prob=".5" />
<property name="UpwardsCount" value="3" />
<property class="PlantGrowing">
<property name="Next" value="appleGrown" />
<property name="GrowthRate" value="60" />
<property name="FertileLevel" value="1" />
<property name="IsRandom" value="false" />
       </property>
</block>

if you want, feel free to use it.

Oh that would be nice. .sometimes when you have many trees it's confusing and I chopped a few times the wrong one

No class starter items when installing Valmod overhaul pack

Hey guys

I just installed the Valmod Overhaul pack. I have been playing on a server with the expansion pack, and that has worked fine. Now I wanted to try out the full Overhaul pack in a single player game. So I replaced the Expansion files with the Overhaul files, but when I open the game I don't get the key or class recipe book. I just have the 4 items that I usually get in my vanilla game. There are also no classes listed in the crafting menu. I do get the Valmod welcome message and have 102 recipe books to find according to the crafting window which is almost twice the books in my vanilla game. So part of the mod is installed correctly.

Do I need to do anything else? Make manual changes to xml files or?

Hey guys

I just installed the Valmod Overhaul pack. I have been playing on a server with the expansion pack, and that has worked fine. Now I wanted to try out the full Overhaul pack in a single player game. So I replaced the Expansion files with the Overhaul files, but when I open the game I don't get the key or class recipe book. I just have the 4 items that I usually get in my vanilla game. There are also no classes listed in the crafting menu. I do get the Valmod welcome message and have 102 recipe books to find according to the crafting window which is almost twice the books in my vanilla game. So part of the mod is installed correctly.

Do I need to do anything else? Make manual changes to xml files or?

Nevermind. I figured it out. really looking forward to trying the full mod out.

14.6 is now out...

This is my first time with mods and clicking the update server button and it wiped out all the work I had up to this point.. it took a LONG time too grr. So, to put 14.6 in, will your experimental 14.6 work or should i wait for an official release by you?

Ken

(JustKen)

Hi guys, I don't suppose anyone has some ultra quick advice on A14.6 and Valmod? I've just reinstalled off the Beta files and I can't use the key on the suitcase. It says its missing items or needs to be repaired.

Was perfectly fine in A14.5. Any ideas? I have a game setup to start up now and I can't get the mod working :(

Edit: The message that says the key is missing parts or may need to be repairs happens irrespective of using it on the suitcase or anything else. It's like the item itself is incomplete.

Edited by JetSetZombies (see edit history)
Hi guys, I don't suppose anyone has some ultra quick advice on A14.6 and Valmod? I've just reinstalled off the Beta files and I can't use the key on the suitcase. It says its missing items or needs to be repaired.

Was perfectly fine in A14.5. Any ideas? I have a game setup to start up now and I can't get the mod working :(

Edit: The message that says the key is missing parts or may need to be repairs happens irrespective of using it on the suitcase or anything else. It's like the item itself is incomplete.

Due to the update "remotes" need an attribute or quality. Val is aware and is fixing it, I think he said there will be an update today or tomorrow depending on rl.

You can still play the rest of the game bug free just can't use the class option at the beginning or stuff like animal snare/coop.

Not able to load game with Valmod after upgrading to 14.6

I just installed the Valmod Overhaul pack today and played a few hours with it with no issues. But after upgrading to alpha 14.6 this evening, I reinstalled the mod since the patch had overwritten all the mod files. But once I install the mod, the game won't even start. It starts loading and then opens the cmd screen with a bunch of errors. This is the last part of the output log:

UMA Slot loading took 2 ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2016-04-30T22:07:37 11.660 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (External 3D model with name 'Signs/sign_right_only' not found! Maybe you need to create the atlas first?)

2016-04-30T22:07:37 11.660 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2016-04-30T22:07:37 11.662 ERR at BlockShapeExt3dModel.createVertices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlockShapeRotatedAbstract.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlockShapeExt3dModel.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2016-04-30T22:07:38 11.815 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'cntFridgeTop' in use_action!/ at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2016-04-30T22:07:38 11.816 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2016-04-30T22:07:38 11.816 ERR at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!

at BlockPlantGrowing.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.I (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+HK.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+KR.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Just a question not a comment for you guys you do know it was JUST now a stable release and him constantly having to update his stuff takes time and takes its tole on him right? If you want to use it that bad just use the A14.5 version and roll back for now.

I tried the overhaul I get no errors starting a game the only issue was the key cant be used says part missing or something. His newest A14.6 versions are here. The expansion works great for me though. My only issue is cant place bowl of water on campfire or oven and the error I sometimes get in burnt biome.

ValmodExpansionEXPERIMENTAL14.6_v2.3.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zpvqq0dlcdd64tz/ValmodExpansionEXPERIMENTAL14.6_v2.3.zip

ValmodOverhaulEXPERIMENTAL14.6_v2.3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0r6hadcy7w5qyx0/ValmodOverhaulEXPERIMENTAL14.6_v2.3.zip

[MOD] Valmod Pack steam page

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/5/490121928351710123/

Edited by JayzenFreeze (see edit history)
I just installed the Valmod Overhaul pack today and played a few hours with it with no issues. But after upgrading to alpha 14.6 this evening, I reinstalled the mod since the patch had overwritten all the mod files. But once I install the mod, the game won't even start. It starts loading and then opens the cmd screen with a bunch of errors. This is the last part of the output log:

UMA Slot loading took 2 ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2016-04-30T22:07:37 11.660 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (External 3D model with name 'Signs/sign_right_only' not found! Maybe you need to create the atlas first?)

2016-04-30T22:07:37 11.660 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2016-04-30T22:07:37 11.662 ERR at BlockShapeExt3dModel.createVertices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlockShapeRotatedAbstract.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlockShapeExt3dModel.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2016-04-30T22:07:38 11.815 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'cntFridgeTop' in use_action!/ at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2016-04-30T22:07:38 11.816 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2016-04-30T22:07:38 11.816 ERR at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!

at BlockPlantGrowing.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.I (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+HK.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager+KR.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Did Valmar Update his Mod to 14.6?

i bet no..he hasn't even siad anything

Im n ot Updating to 14.6 anyways..its all Borked up and a piece of Garbage

- - - Updated - - -

Just a question not a comment for you guys you do know it was JUST now a stable release and him constantly having to update his stuff takes time and takes its tole on him right? If you want to use it that bad just use the A14.5 version and roll back for now.

I tried the overhaul I get no errors starting a game the only issue was the key cant be used says part missing or something. His newest A14.6 versions are here. The expansion works great for me though. My only issue is cant place bowl of water on campfire or oven and the error I sometimes get in burnt biome.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/5/490121928351710123/

the new update is Borked anyways..i wouldnt even bother

@Fire

I tried out your carrots in my mod, copy/pasted, and they showed up fine for me. So its possible its something else causing the problem. Add your changes to the next update (will mention it in the next post) and then share the config folder and I'll take a look at it, if you want.

Ok thanks, at least it is there to show they are fully grown for the new crops like leek wheat etc. I was not sure if I did the code wrong. Have a good night.

EDIT: Got the error in the burnt biom naz may this time I got a pic of it for you.

Strange it looks to be related to a zombie ragdoll according to the error. Except no such ragdoll exists in my file. I dont know. It could be a vanilla error? I always feel a bit cheap blaming the game when Im not sure. It seems like I'm avoiding responsibility for a problem on my part. But I honestly dont know what could cause that error. I'll keep my eye out on it though and see if I can replicate it. I mean, if it really is there and not a weird game issue, I should have little problem finding it since I keep spawning in the burnt biome.... lol

Hello Valmar,

we wanted an optical distinction between the harvestable appleGrown an the appleTreeEmpty, so we changed the "Model" and the "ModelOffset" from the appleTreeEmpty to the properties of the treeDeadTree01:

if you want, feel free to use it.

Thats awesome, thank you. I didn't think any tree would suit but yeah that looks great. I will make a note to add that change officially in the next update (not the coming on for 14.6). Appreciate it.

Oh that would be nice. .sometimes when you have many trees it's confusing and I chopped a few times the wrong one

You do know you're suppose to harvest it with your fists right? You actually get more apples back that way. Why are people attacking these poor trees with axes lol.

This is my first time with mods and clicking the update server button and it wiped out all the work I had up to this point.. it took a LONG time too grr. So, to put 14.6 in, will your experimental 14.6 work or should i wait for an official release by you?

Ken

(JustKen)

The experimental branch would had worked. The 14.6 update they released today is the same as the the experimental branch they had up for testing. That being said since they finally made it "stable" I wont be needing experimental anymore and will now update the main mod. It is now updated for 14.6 (announcement shortly, I want to give it its own post) so I recommend just grabbing it instead. The experimental shouldn't even be in the download folder anymore.

Due to the update "remotes" need an attribute or quality. Val is aware and is fixing it, I think he said there will be an update today or tomorrow depending on rl.

You can still play the rest of the game bug free just can't use the class option at the beginning or stuff like animal snare/coop.

To clarify turns out it didn't specifically need attributes... it needed degradation. Which could be gotten with attributes or with the oldschool method which fortunately still works and will let me continue stacking them.

Also, small tip: you dont actually NEED to use the key on the class briefcase. You can also destroy it to unlock it, like a gun safe. That is put in place as a fail-safe incase the key doesn't work. Look at me, planning ahead and junk. :)

@Jay

Thanks for sharing those links, I appreciate it.

Announcing! A14.6 Stable Branch Update!

I am pleased to report my mod is now supported on the newly released A14.6 Stable Branch of 7 Days to Die.

Due to A14.6 featuring various changes in the files my changelog will not accurately reflect all the changes I have made. Sorry about that.

Before I get to the changelog let me discuss some of the notable changes and additions in this update.

First off to repair broken wooden doors you still need a doorknob but now you have to repair with a repair tool like the stonaxe or hammer rather than use the doorknob directly. This is also true for the gascan and duct tape. Class key, lockpick and animal feed remain the same and are used directly to upgrade their respective counterpart.

Leveling your archery skill should no longer take eons and should now be considerably more reasonable - you also gain more experience with it for the higher tier arrow you are using.

In the overhaul the way you upgrade wood blocks has had a bit of a dramatic change. It used to be that even if you did not know carpentery you could still reinforce a prefab. This is no longer the case. Upgrading wood now requires a use of a "carpenter kit" which only the carpenter class can make - or if you read the handyman carpenter book of course. To help compensate for this I have made nails more common and can be acquired by destroying other wooden blocks. I have also made the log cabin block a "free" block recipe that anyone can craft. I show such mercy.

I have added quite a few... Im going to call them easter egg items. Little subtle or not so subtle references and inside jokes that I think a few long-timer players of my mod might notice and get a chuckle from. Anyone who stumbles across these please comment and let me know, Im curious how many pick up on them.

I have also added two new knives to the game that are loot-only. Skinning knife and butchers knife. They may one day get recipes but for now they are only found in loot. The skinning knife, when used to harvest an animal, will produce more animal hide. The butchers knife, when used to harvest an animal, gives more raw meat.

Speaking of meat I also added a small boost to amount of rawmeat the bear gives. Happy hunting.

I have added packs of seed to the game. Now instead of finding a dozen different types of seed you either find a random seed item that places as a random plant or you find a pack of seed that you can craft into the seed you want. This should make inventory management a bit easier for the nomads.

In the overhaul I also added the ability to scrap bullet casings, another nod to the inventory management.

The fuel log will now burn longer and be quicker to craft.

Classes will now start with a special item they can read to quickly gain perks and skills releavant to their class.

To upgrade earth blocks to fertile earth you now need to use a shovel and turds.

The shotgun now has a new shell that can be crafted which I hope at least one person will enjoy.

Also as a random tip because I dont think everyone realizes this did you know you can left click with a drink on a fridge to get a "cold" version of that drink which adds a cooling buff?

Finally, the invisible dragon from before has seemingly been misplaced as he was no longer in his cage - keep an eye out and sorry for any missing socks in advanced.

With the notable changes out of the way here is the changelog.

Changelog:

Mods folder -

Added seedPack icon

Added skinningKnife icon

Added skillbookAthletics icon

Added recipebookLoki icon

Added moleSandwich icon

Added lokiShell icon

Added crudeNail icon

Added carpenterKit icon

Items.xml

fuelLog - Increased fuel value (increased burn time)

Tranquilizer - Small increase to entity damage.

ChemicalDart - Increased entity damage.

clubBurning - Increased DamageEntity value.

1969 - Added butcherKnife

1970 - Added skinningKnife

arrow - added action exp

ironArrow - added action exp

steelArrow - added action exp

Tranquilizer - added Science actionskillgroup

(Overhaul) bulletCasing - added weight to allow scrapping

(Overhaul) recipebookJunk - changed the skill gain to scravenging

1647/1652 - Added lokiShell

1971 - Added seedPack

1972 - Added lokiStew

1973 - Added lokiWater

1974 - Added coldlokiWater

1975 - Added moleSandwich

1976 - Added lokiBow

2025 - Added recipebookLoki

2026 - Added skillbookAthletics

2625 - Added challengeFeedTheMole

2917 - Added expAthletics

2918 - Added expScavenging

2919 - Added expMiscCrafting

(Overhaul) 1977 - Added carpenterKit

(Overhaul) 1978 - Added crudeNail

3000 - Added perkSurvivor

3001 - Added perkMiner

3002 - Added perkHunter

3003 - Added perkGunman

3004 - Added perkMedic

3005 - Added perkBruiser

3006 - Added perkRifleman

3007 - Added perkVeteran

3008 - Added perkBuilder

(Overhaul) schematicForge - Added skills to gain.

grillSteak - increased food gain.

warmbowlMiso - added wellness gain.

gunSawedOffPumpShotgun - added lokiShell

gunPumpShotgun - Added lokiShell

recipebookChemistry - added lokiShell to recipes to learn

(Overhaul) recipebookCarpentry - added carpenterKit to recipes to learn

(Overhaul) recipebookCarpentry - removed logCabinBlock and logCabinRamp from recipes to learn

Blocks.xml

appleTreeEmpty - set to drop seedApple instead of Apple_Seed

workstationOven - added <property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="campfire" />

2039 - Added plantSeed which is a generic seed that will place as a random plant.

Removed all "<drop event="Destroy" count="1" />" since the code doesn't work like it used to.

chickenCoop - reduced animalFeed upgrade requirement

animalSnare - reduced animalFeed upgrade requirement

window03Wood - added weight of 0

(Overhaul) woodMaster - changed upgrade item to carpenterKit

(Overhaul) woodMaster - added destroy even for nails

(Overhaul) woodFrameMaster - changed upgrade item to carpenterkit

(Overhaul) cntMedicineCabinet - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cabinetOldFillerBlock - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cabinetFillerBlock - added destroy evnet for nails

(Overhaul) logCabinBlock - added destroy event to hopefully prevent nails from dropping

(Overhaul) cntCabinet - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cntCabinetOldSink - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cntCabinetOldBottom - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cntCabinetOldTop - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cntCabinetTop - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cntNightstand - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) cntDesk01 - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) endTable - added destroy event for nails

(Overhaul) endTableLamp - added destroy event for nails

Loot.xml

questChallenge group - added challengeFeedTheMole

seeds group - removed all seeds and replaced with plantSeed and seedPack

rottenFood group - added moleSandwich

medicine group - increased syringe count

militaryWeaponParts group - removed duplicated ak47Schematic and replaced it with sniperRifleSchematic

melee group - added butcherKnife and skinningKnife

commonBooks group - added skillbookAthletics

rareBooks grouo - Added recipebookLoki

(Overhaul) workingStiffs group - added carpenterKit

(Overhaul) SupplyMaterials group - added caprenterKit

(Overhaul) junk grouo - boosted nail drop rate

Localization.xml

Fixed Garden Tools desc typo.

Added cntZombieFemale name.

turd2Desc - modified description

Added dinnerPlateDesc

Added plantSeed and desc

Added seedPack and desc

Fixed mealBreakfast typo

Added recipebookLoki and desc

Added skillbookAthletics and desc

Added lokiStew and desc

Added lokiWater and desc

Added coldlokiWater

Added moleSandwich and desc

Added lokiBow and desc

Added challengeFeedTheMole

Added challengeDogEatDog

Added challengeLightThemUp

Added perkClassDesc and perk item names

Added lokiShell and desc

Added carpenterKit and Desc

Added crudeNail

Recipes.xml

(Expansion) Removed autowall's craft_area="workbench"

fuelLog - set craft_time to 10 seconds.

Added Syringe recipe.

Added recipe for houseFrontDoor1_v1

Added recipe for houseFrontDoor2_v1

Removed "Working Oven Recipes" section

Added seedPack recipes to let you craft the seedPack into whatever seed you want.

Added lokiBow recipe

Added lokiWater recipe

Added expAthletics

Added lokiStew recipe

Added expScavenging recipe

Added expMiscCrafting recipe

Added a moldyBread recipe for moleSandwich

Added lokiShell recipe

entityclasses.xml

animalBear - buffed meat drop from harvest

animalStag - added Skinner harvest

animalBear - added Skinner harvest

zombieBear - added Skinner harvest

animalRabbit - added Skinner harvest

animalPig - added Skinner harvest

biomes.xml

Added oilDeposit chance to spawn in other biomes rather than just the desert.

progression.xml

(Overhaul) Metal Smithing - lowered perk requirements.

Added EntityDamage effect to Science skill.

Localization - Quest

Added requirementGroupBow

Added requirementGroupCrossbow

windows.xml

windowToolsCampfire - added bowlWater sprite.

quests.xml

Adjusted challenge_dogeatdog.

Added - challenge_feedthemole

Removed quest tracking from the class-specifc quests

challenge_animaltrap - lowered quest reward

Adjusted Hunter quests to hopefully fix them.

Adjusted survivor quest to allow using other crossbows to complete.

three days into valmod on 14.5 and it updated the main game to 14.6 I'm hoping that If I update the valmod, that the error will go away. corroboration/suggestions requested.

Updoot successful, game fixed. huzzah! I'm glad a version synch solved it.

Edited by Drakitty (see edit history)
14.6 stable using valmod overhaul 2.4

Hunter Challenge 1 does not tick up killing animals.

I killed a few deer before reading the note - not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.

I had a different problem, with my survivor, for the first 21 kills, if I was crouched while killing the zombert it counted. but when I resumed my game play after putting the game to rest for the night, the ticker wouldn't accept any new kills, which included a sniper headshot while sneaking. surely that would count? not to mention the old tactics of killing while crouched with crossbow, nothing seems to be working. I may have to abandon the quest, all together.

Hi... i was testing the 14.6 mod... one thing... i just open my "ammo box", click on one bullet tip (i post the image) console error, then the ammo box just get inaccesible, exit the game, enter the game, the box still inaccesible (i press "E" and nothing happend) then i punch them, now can enter the box...again, click on the bullet and boom now console error continue endless until kill the process 7dtd, the error on log is this:

2016-05-01T00:26:57 202.238 INF Time: 0.59m FPS: 59.22 Heap: 490.4MB Max: 490.4MB Chunks: 289 CGO: 225 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 3 (3) Items: 0 CO: 1

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_ItemStack.set_ItemStack (.ItemStack value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_ItemStackGrid.SetStacks (.ItemStack[] stackList) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_Backpack.LNH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Steam/UpdateDelegate:invoke_void__this__ ()

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Steam/UpdateDelegate:invoke_void__this__ ()

at XUiM_PlayerInventory.DH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Bag.F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Bag.AddItem (.ItemStack _itemStack) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiM_PlayerInventory.AddItem (.ItemStack _itemStack, Boolean playCollectSound) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiWindowGroup.OnClose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GUIWindowManager.Close (.GUIWindow _w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GUIWindowManager.CloseAllOpenWindows (.GUIWindow _exceptThis) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at EntityPlayerLocal.PTH (System.Single& , System.Single& , System.Single& ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.TTH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.PTH (System.Single& , System.Single& , System.Single& ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.TTH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

20160501002706_1.thumb.jpg.f391e04c18fca4ffa8a9a88f2b2d1b16.jpg

Thanks for your time, if you have any idea whats happen plz tell me :D also if you need more info, files, logs, etc... let me know.

PS: Is The Overhaul Mod, your last update, with the last "7d" release build (not beta, final)

20160501002726_1.thumb.jpg.d7634405d03f580bbcd81a2d258bbab7.jpg

14.6 stable using valmod overhaul 2.4

Hunter Challenge 1 does not tick up killing animals.

I killed a few deer before reading the note - not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.

I had a different problem, with my survivor, for the first 21 kills, if I was crouched while killing the zombert it counted. but when I resumed my game play after putting the game to rest for the night, the ticker wouldn't accept any new kills, which included a sniper headshot while sneaking. surely that would count? not to mention the old tactics of killing while crouched with crossbow, nothing seems to be working. I may have to abandon the quest, all together.

You guys know you need to kill the animal using a bow, right?

Also note it has to be the shot that kills it and not the bleeding damage. If you shoot it and it runs off but then falls over dead a second later then it probably bled to death.

Hi... i was testing the 14.6 mod... one thing... i just open my "ammo box", click on one bullet tip (i post the image) console error, then the ammo box just get inaccesible, exit the game, enter the game, the box still inaccesible (i press "E" and nothing happend) then i punch them, now can enter the box...again, click on the bullet and boom now console error continue endless until kill the process 7dtd, the error on log is this:

Thanks for your time, if you have any idea whats happen plz tell me :D also if you need more info, files, logs, etc... let me know.

PS: Is The Overhaul Mod, your last update, with the last "7d" release build (not beta, final)

Strange. I can't replicate this problem. I filled the same container with the same bullets and stuff yet had no issue. Not sure why you're having a problem with. Does it only happen when you click a specific bullet? Could you open creative menu and see if you can select it there? If you can if you put it in another chest does the problem persist? Could be something "odd" about that chest for some reason.

If the problem is persistent in creative menu and other chests and easily replicated could you load up a new game and see if it happens there to rule out the possibility of the save itself being "funky"?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool beans! Thanks for the quick update, Valmar. DLing and installing now. Save game compatible or no?

Should be perfectly compatible.

So you say the ragdoll error is on the games end not yours? Its so easy to blame others lol jk yeah they do have there share of bugs, it happens while driving my minibike I dont remember it happening while running around. Not certain but still strange. Speedy as always keep up the great work mate.

@Fire

I tried out your carrots in my mod, copy/pasted, and they showed up fine for me. So its possible its something else causing the problem. Add your changes to the next update (will mention it in the next post) and then share the config folder and I'll take a look at it, if you want.

Strange it looks to be related to a zombie ragdoll according to the error. Except no such ragdoll exists in my file. I dont know. It could be a vanilla error? I always feel a bit cheap blaming the game when Im not sure. It seems like I'm avoiding responsibility for a problem on my part. But I honestly dont know what could cause that error. I'll keep my eye out on it though and see if I can replicate it. I mean, if it really is there and not a weird game issue, I should have little problem finding it since I keep spawning in the burnt biome.... lol

Thats awesome, thank you. I didn't think any tree would suit but yeah that looks great. I will make a note to add that change officially in the next update (not the coming on for 14.6). Appreciate it.

You do know you're suppose to harvest it with your fists right? You actually get more apples back that way. Why are people attacking these poor trees with axes lol.

The experimental branch would had worked. The 14.6 update they released today is the same as the the experimental branch they had up for testing. That being said since they finally made it "stable" I wont be needing experimental anymore and will now update the main mod. It is now updated for 14.6 (announcement shortly, I want to give it its own post) so I recommend just grabbing it instead. The experimental shouldn't even be in the download folder anymore.

To clarify turns out it didn't specifically need attributes... it needed degradation. Which could be gotten with attributes or with the oldschool method which fortunately still works and will let me continue stacking them.

Also, small tip: you dont actually NEED to use the key on the class briefcase. You can also destroy it to unlock it, like a gun safe. That is put in place as a fail-safe incase the key doesn't work. Look at me, planning ahead and junk. :)

@Jay

Thanks for sharing those links, I appreciate it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Turns out I had 14.5. 14.6 dropped last night WHILE I WAS PLAYING. I was playing away, quite happy, when my character began to freeze. I tried everything, but after using the debug menu coordinates I was able to move again. At the time I was using god to fix a roof, so I thought that was it. But it kept happening, the next time not using the fly mode. Then I kept getting teleported across the map when all I was doing was climbing a ladder!! After exiting out of the game for the night I discovered steam updating my game. So the game was updating WHILE I WAS PLAYING which explained the problems, the game was trying to run the game with the mod, but the game updating was essentially wiping it as I was playing.

So you say the ragdoll error is on the games end not yours? Its so easy to blame others lol jk yeah they do have there share of bugs, it happens while driving my minibike I dont remember it happening while running around. Not certain but still strange. Speedy as always keep up the great work mate.

Well I dont want to be too absolute about it. It certainly could be something I messed up somewhere. I for the life of me do not know what it could be though. Nothing is obvious with that error. It doesn't seem like it could come from anything that I did. I don't mean to just shrug the blame. I just genuinely cant think of anything it could be that's on my end. If you have an easy way to replicate the problem you could see if it happens in vanilla under the same circumstances. Or just ignore if its not that big of a deal.

Like I'm doing. Ignoring the problem and saying "it wasn't me".

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Turns out I had 14.5. 14.6 dropped last night WHILE I WAS PLAYING. I was playing away, quite happy, when my character began to freeze. I tried everything, but after using the debug menu coordinates I was able to move again. At the time I was using god to fix a roof, so I thought that was it. But it kept happening, the next time not using the fly mode. Then I kept getting teleported across the map when all I was doing was climbing a ladder!! After exiting out of the game for the night I discovered steam updating my game. So the game was updating WHILE I WAS PLAYING which explained the problems, the game was trying to run the game with the mod, but the game updating was essentially wiping it as I was playing.

Lol sounds like you sent you game to the outer limits of the twilight zone.

Strange. I can't replicate this problem. I filled the same container with the same bullets and stuff yet had no issue. Not sure why you're having a problem with. Does it only happen when you click a specific bullet? Could you open creative menu and see if you can select it there? If you can if you put it in another chest does the problem persist? Could be something "odd" about that chest for some reason.

If the problem is persistent in creative menu and other chests and easily replicated could you load up a new game and see if it happens there to rule out the possibility of the save itself being "funky"?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for response... look, thats even weird... I start a new game, or continue the game and the issue now es this: i can craft anything w/o restrictions, for example i choose Buildman, open the case, take the note mission...etc. but on "tab crafting" i can see and craft the forge, bow, etc... is not "mod restringed" and if i continue the old game (that was playing before the update of your version and the oficial version) is the same, can craft forge, arrow, and when i try to use "Armory" this happend (PIC)

20160501032346_1.thumb.jpg.30893a8e8a909d7d7922e9785e62ffe9.jpg

I rly dont have a clue that what happend, im only update the game via steam, then use this version of the mod: https://envul.com/valmod-3174-7-days-to-die-mod/ from "Download game mode", and copy/paste DATA & MOD like allways... im doing something wrong or the mod just hate me? :frown-new:

20160501032356_1.thumb.jpg.a5258ad7d87fe06ec107945f6c067bc1.jpg

You guys know you need to kill the animal using a bow, right?

Also note it has to be the shot that kills it and not the bleeding damage. If you shoot it and it runs off but then falls over dead a second later then it probably bled to death.

I'm using the iron bow I started with.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)