A16 Valmod Pack

I have just noticed the same with the animal snare and chicken coop, some part of the code needs fixing.

The block shows missing the feed for the snare, but even with it in the inventory it doesn't work. Guessing something needs to be changed in the items.xml

jmmm i see... any idea for "what need to change" ? i think maybe is something with the name of the block, maybe?... i hope some of the other guys have the answer... :(:D

I was able to get the bowl of water in the campfire, anyway. I actually used the beaker slot! dedicated FOOD campfire FTW~!

- - - Updated - - -

VALMAR: Besides not being able to place the bowl of water in the campfire or oven and cornbread not shown in the oven, what did I need to do to not have to punch the plants? Some of the new ones like wheat I think I keep punching it to early and the apple trees for me at least im not seeing the difference between ready to harvest and growing more and keep destroying them by mistake. So can they be made to be looted/harvested when ready as well? Thanks mate and keep up the great work.

For the apple trees they have two..."durabilities" one os 40, the other 200. looking at the trunk I punch it down, alternatively, if you start punching wood, the apple tree is harvested. I would love a graphical indication too, but for now, that's good enough.

Due to the forums limit of how many quotes I can make this will have to be done in parts.

valmar i think u forgot to put the reci for the steel autowall on the workbench and on the quickcrafting perk like the others.. i can see it in creative toh.

not sure if u wanted to exclude it or if just forgot :D

also im still trying to understand whats the diff between firetraps and steel fire spikes.. the spikes should make fire dmg and the crippling effect as a standard steel spike, the trap only the fire debuff.. if so, its unbalanced the material costs firetraps are much more expensive

I didn't want there to be an autowall for steel. I kept it as admin-only.

Fire traps, generally speaking, take longer to drain. At least they used to. This is because of the way the collision for them work, I believe.

Soooo, The new workstations give me an error saying it can't find the Window in the XUI. Armory, Study Desk, and Brewery.

What version of the mod are you using and what version of the game are you playing? Sounds like you either didn't install the mod correctly or are trying to use the stable version on the experimental build of the game.

So far from what I noticed is unlike the spikes, they take damage while standing on them and I dont think the fire traps get damaged while walking over them, only when say it gets hit somehow.

Sounds about right. Its not perfect but it was the only way I could make them "empty" fuel without resorting to a per-determined timer.

something is going on with media fire, tried to see if there was any update to the modpack, and shows the media folder is blank

Refresh the page, it looks fine to me.

200mb patch today - not sure if it affects this mod (might have to reinstall the mod).

*EDIT* Yeah game breaks now - will have to wait for a patch or maybe recopy the mod config files.

Try reinstalling the experimental build. Note that some aspects of the mod will not work currently such as lockpicks and animal feed, just to name a few. I'll have to update to fix those.

Thank you. I suspected that may the answer. I'm currently level 3 archery with any almost broken iron crossbow. I agree 50 archery skill to unlock the repair ability seems quite steep!

This will be hopefully be resolved in the next update. I made leveling with bow faster than it is in vanilla. Which was a slug.

With the latest 7DtD 180 meg patch the game is broken for me on experimental and overhaul. When I try to load the game I get red text saying something about "fridge bottom".

Any suggestions on how to get the game going again?

Reinstall the mod (beta version). It should be able to play with that version, despite needing a few quality touches. It is experimental for a reason, afterall.

Val,

After the patch on experimental went live, I reinstalled the overhaul experimental mod. Note: drawbridge no longer works. When trying to use with the remote, I get an error that states "required parts missing"

Also can we get the ability to pick up the drawbridge like an empty wood frame? Also the Zed's keep killing the drawbridge in 3 or 4 hits. Might we up its durability to between wood and reinforced to help it survive a blood moon horde?

I'm aware of the issue and I will have it fixed in the next update (might take a little while though, a lot of other stuff is going into this update too and I didn't expect them to break something like this).

The problem, for those curious, is that they made it so you can no longer repair or upgrade with an item that has no attributes assigned to it. So many items in my mod which are used to upgrade (remote, animal snares, door knobs, gas, turds) will need to have attributes attached. Look forward to being able to find flawless crap. Literally.

VALMAR: Besides not being able to place the bowl of water in the campfire or oven and cornbread not shown in the oven, what did I need to do to not have to punch the plants? Some of the new ones like wheat I think I keep punching it to early and the apple trees for me at least im not seeing the difference between ready to harvest and growing more and keep destroying them by mistake. So can they be made to be looted/harvested when ready as well? Thanks mate and keep up the great work.

Not sure why the bowl of water isn't working. Do you know what version of the mod you're using? Either way it should hopefully be fixed in the next update.

To bring back picking up crops you'd need to to add this to the grown crops:

<property name="Class" value="CropsGrown" />

The tree having a container is trickier. You could try punching it (you're meant to use your hands anyway) and see if it has 50 health. If it does then its grown. If it doesn't then its not grown. I never tested to see if a damaged tree continues growing though. I assume it does but knows.

To make it a container you loot you'd need to make a new loot container in the loot.xml and set it up to drop apples. Then you'd have to change the apple tree to be a class container with the lootlist id of that container you just made in the loot.xml

You could probably add the cropsgrown class to it as well so you can just press e to havest it but Im not certain how well that works. I never tried.

Just installed this after an period without when another mod from someone else took too much trouble to install and actually working. I have two problems. Working ovens don't work. Once placed they refuse to open. Two, one of the recipes seems to be faulty. Last night I just got the Dr book, read, and there is NO Healing agent. I can't make bowls from cans, can't make seeds, I can make vanilla recipes. Console comes up with ArgumentException: an element with the same key already exists in dictionary.

What is causing it? How do I fix it?

Not really sure then.

Every Time i have ever INstalled this Mod its worked Perfect for me.

On server side

On my Own SP games (which i only Mod test stuff i create)

Also what Version of the Mod are you using?

Overhaul or Expansion?

Experimental build for 14.6?

or 14.5 (2.2)?

if its the 14.6 Experimental then thats why..its not even released yet..its Experimental

What Chud said. It sounds like you dont have the files properly installed. If one recipe breaks all other recipes beneath it break. Im not sure what your problem is. The fact that you're able to load into the game at all must mean you're using the right version of my mod at least (as in, not trying to use the stable build in the experimental game branch).

I recommend you verify file integrity to get all vanilla files. Then install my mod pack. DO NOT INSTALL OTHER MODS OT MAKE OTHER CHANGES AT THIS POINT. Load up the game. Start up a new map. Does it work? Yes? Then something you're doing to the files is breaking it. If it does not work then its something else. Need more data.

How badly do i want a system like this? Very. I think it would add some necessary progression to base building most importantly. Locking building blocks and such behind skills and perks could definitely work for this. The only thing is that it would either have to be sufficiently expensive to unlock the perks for the different tiers of building materials or to make the exp required for the skill to level up high in order for it to not progress so quickly that you can unlock the perks for wood, iron, concrete etc too quickly.

Does this make sense? I would absolutely love to see something like this implemented in your mod, and yes as you say I think it could work well with your overhaul.

While I don't think Im going to go quite that in-depth and extreme (yet anyway, who knows down the line) I am considering adding a new upgrade material that has to be used to upgrade wood. "Carpenter Kits". You craft these with wood and nails. Only those who have read the carpentry book would know how to make these. Basically meaning that when you start the game you cant just find a prefab and instantly start upgrading it to a reinforced shelter.

We'll see how well that change is received and move on from there. Its a small change and nothing as indepth as what you were hoping for, I know, but I still think even this little change will be felt in a big way.

Hi Quick question... when i use Remote + Hidden Door... i use like this.

Put the "hidden door" then when use the REMOTE on it nothing happend and on top of my belt apear this "The items need repair or is missing parts"... any idea?... is the same error that happend with the Briefcaase "class" and the key when start a new world, but to open the briefcase just need to hit them until the locked is unlocked... so, the REMOTE "thing" is broken right now?.

thanks for the time ;)

Sadly yes 14.6(latest) made it so that in order for an item to be used as an repair or upgrade tool it needs to have an attribute. My remote does not. I will have to adjust it and many other little things in my code to compensate.

What Chud said. It sounds like you dont have the files properly installed. If one recipe breaks all other recipes beneath it break. Im not sure what your problem is. The fact that you're able to load into the game at all must mean you're using the right version of my mod at least (as in, not trying to use the stable build in the experimental game branch).

I recommend you verify file integrity to get all vanilla files. Then install my mod pack. DO NOT INSTALL OTHER MODS OT MAKE OTHER CHANGES AT THIS POINT. Load up the game. Start up a new map. Does it work? Yes? Then something you're doing to the files is breaking it. If it does not work then its something else. Need more data.

While I don't think I'm going to go quite that in-depth and extreme (yet anyway, who knows down the line) I am considering adding a new upgrade material that has to be used to upgrade wood. "Carpenter Kits". You craft these with wood and nails. Only those who have read the carpentry book would know how to make these. Basically meaning that when you start the game you cant just find a prefab and instantly start upgrading it to a reinforced shelter.

We'll see how well that change is received and move on from there. Its a small change and nothing as indepth as what you were hoping for, I know, but I still think even this little change will be felt in a big way.

Sadly yes 14.6(latest) made it so that in order for an item to be used as an repair or upgrade tool it needs to have an attribute. My remote does not. I will have to adjust it and many other little things in my code to compensate.

Yes, I use 14.5 version, or rather your recently updated. The other mods are just some crops and food recipes, nothing else and exactly the same as I've used since 11 (since adjusted to 14) and were working perfectly before your mod. They have only ever conflicted with Die Till Day 7 and have been on my game in all previous installs, INCLUDING previous versions of your mod, so I know are fine. They worked previously when they were the only mods on my actual game and work with other mods well.

Whenever I install an new mod I DO DO what you said with verifying game cache-I've always done it that way since finding out about it in 11. I also back up any working version so I don't loose info.

At one point when I went to console to check it gave me some error message about being unable to find an block\item to match sign z or something like that (I think it meant to letter Z for the signs), but after I exited and went to locate it in blocks or items to check, forgot exactly what it said then went back in to double check it didn't give me the message again.

Just that same argumentException error again and again.

I know about the one recipe breaking all the others so I placed the recipes I did under the vanilla's, still no go.

I'm going to try it again, Verify, install your mod, then try fragmenting the others. In other works install say two item\recipes, go in, check, install another two, until I can say for sure it is\isn't my other foods and crops. Let you know when I'm finished.

---------------------updated---------------------------

So far all but one of the foods is working with the mod (haven't tried crops yet). It seemed this ONE product-an carrot item-when put in individually caused null reference errors to pop up. I have one maybe two more lootable food left to try before moving to crops. If nothing else causes a problem, I'll just copy another vanilla food-like maybe potato-and change the name and stats to match the original. Although it doesn't really have a use, come to think about it, just an lootable item I can make into a cake. The other stuff like banana's and such can be used in reference to new recipes-for instance-flour, banana, sugar-Banana Bread. Banana, apple, yucca fruit, blueberries-fruit salad.

Edited by fireidar (see edit history)
I think you need the perk of archery master which requires 50 bow skill to unlock. With bow skill going up so slowly that is basically off my list of possible skill lines. Spending 40 skill points to raise bow from say 10 to 50 and then 10 more to unlock the perk is much too expensive for iron crossbow.

50 skill points is huge and could be used to boost armor smith or shotgun or something much more end game usable.

Maybe archery master perk should be available at about 20 bow skill. Possibly a two level perk with 40 bow skill unlocking the second perk which unlocks repeater crossbow. Even at that it is still too expensive IMO.

Wut ? Is that new with the latest update ? I always was able to repair my crossbow with the Survivor class, which seems kinda... obvious and logic ? Why would you choose that class if it isn't for having a constant range weapon ?

Yes, I use 14.5 version, or rather your recently updated. The other mods are just some crops and food recipes, nothing else and exactly the same as I've used since 11 (since adjusted to 14) and were working perfectly before your mod. They have only ever conflicted with Die Till Day 7 and have been on my game in all previous installs, INCLUDING previous versions of your mod, so I know are fine. They worked previously when they were the only mods on my actual game and work with other mods well.

Whenever I install an new mod I DO DO what you said with verifying game cache-I've always done it that way since finding out about it in 11. I also back up any working version so I don't loose info.

At one point when I went to console to check it gave me some error message about being unable to find an block\item to match sign z or something like that (I think it meant to letter Z for the signs), but after I exited and went to locate it in blocks or items to check, forgot exactly what it said then went back in to double check it didn't give me the message again.

I know about the one recipe breaking all the others so I placed the recipes I did under the vanilla's, still no go.

I'm going to try it again, Verify, install your mod, then try fragmenting the others. In other works install say two item\recipes, go in, check, install another two, until I can say for sure it is\isn't my other foods and crops. Let you know when I'm finished.

So far all but one of the foods is working with the mod (haven't tried crops yet). It seemed this ONE product-an carrot item-when put in individually caused null reference errors to pop up. I have one maybe two more lootable food left to try before moving to crops. If nothing else causes a problem, I'll just copy another vanilla food-like maybe potato-and change the name and stats to match the original. Although it doesn't really have a use, come to thing about it, just an lootable item I can make into a cake. The other stuff like banana's and such can be used in reference to new recipes-for instance-flour, banana, sugar-Banana Bread. Banana, apple, yucca fruit, blueberries-fruit salad.

I dont know how else to Put this.

i know what you're doing wrong.Let me see if i can Explain this so you can understand

1.you install Valmod

2.you install a different mod ontop of Valmods Crop mod

when you do this it overwrites anything he put in the game

so lets say Wheat was Item 1645

and you install a Crop mod and Item 1645 gets overwritten and then causes your error.

i already knew what you did wrong i just didn't want to Argue about because that's all i do is argue with People on my server about the same things.because they have no idea how it works.

did i explain this so you can understand?

Install valmod and not anything else

he has all the Crop foods you can handle

Wut ? Is that new with the latest update ? I always was able to repair my crossbow with the Survivor class, which seems kinda... obvious and logic ? Why would you choose that class if it isn't for having a constant range weapon ?

I got a Idea.

you know how to DO XML stuff?

if so you can use this to Overwrite the "Master Archer" in Progression.xml

use the Find feature in type "Archery" then Post this Code in there and restart

it's what i did on my Server.

<perk name="Master Archer" icon="archery" description_key="archerDesc" title_key="MasterArcher" max_level="2" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="10" group="weapons">

<requirement perk_level="1" required_skill_name="Archery" required_skill_level="30"/>

<requirement perk_level="2" required_skill_name="Archery" required_skill_level="60"/>

<recipe name="ironCrossbow" unlock_level="1"/>

<recipe name="ironBow" unlock_level="1"/>

<recipe name="flamingArrow" unlock_level="1"/>

<recipe name="explodingCrossbowBolt" unlock_level="2"/>

<recipe name="crossbowRepeater" unlock_level="2"/>

</perk>

I also gave My Iron Crossbow 3 bolts as a early Repeater bow for Progression and Crossbow repeater 6 bolts

im using this for now but i have Big plans for the Entire Perk system

im running out of "NoteCards"" to right on LOL

also make sure you are not trying to repair the "iron crossbow"..that is the crossbow you get with survivor class.Nobody can repair that at all till they get a book..but in my case they have to Buy the perk first.

i also noticed a "stump" in progression with Archery (which is no problem i understand Typos if it was intended)

<action_skill name="Archery" icon="archery" description_key="archeryDesc" title_key="archery" group="weapons">

<effect name="EntityDamage">

<multiply skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.04" />

<multiply skill_level="5,11" value="1.04,1.07" />

<multiply skill_level="11,19" value="1.07,1.1" />

<multiply skill_level="19,32" value="1.1,1.14" /> <multiply skill_level="19,32"value="1.10,1.14" />

<multiply skill_level="32,49" value="1.14,1.19" />

<multiply skill_level="49,70" value="1.19,1.23" />

<multiply skill_level="70,100" value="1.23,1.28" />

</effect>

Not sure if it was intentional but i thought it made more since.Some of the guys that play on my server siad it seems to Stick around those levels

ok so i was told i was wrong for changing that Number and i moved it back to 1.1

i'm still new to this..it just looked weird to me and people seem to complain about it sticking around certain lvls

Edited by xXC.H.U.DXx (see edit history)

i also noticed a "stump" in progression with Archery (which is no problem i understand Typos if it was intended)

<multiply skill_level="11,19" value="1.07,1.1" />

<multiply skill_level="19,32" value="1.1,1.14" /> <multiply skill_level="19,32"value="1.10,1.14" />

That wouldn't have anything to do with progression. That might actually cause bugs and issues with the game. One section is telling it at level 19 to do 11% extra damage and the other section is telling it to do 10% extra damage.

That wouldn't have anything to do with progression. That might actually cause bugs and issues with the game. One section is telling it at level 19 to do 11% extra damage and the other section is telling it to do 10% extra damage.

I agree..still new to this

i changed it back

So far all but one of the foods is working with the mod (haven't tried crops yet). It seemed this ONE product-an carrot item-when put in individually caused null reference errors to pop up. I have one maybe two more lootable food left to try before moving to crops. If nothing else causes a problem, I'll just copy another vanilla food-like maybe potato-and change the name and stats to match the original. Although it doesn't really have a use, come to think about it, just an lootable item I can make into a cake. The other stuff like banana's and such can be used in reference to new recipes-for instance-flour, banana, sugar-Banana Bread. Banana, apple, yucca fruit, blueberries-fruit salad.

Okay so you're using my stable 14.5 build of the mod and playing the 14.5 build of the game NOT the experimental 14.6 branch, right?

The console error you just mentioned sounds like you tried to use my 14.5 mod with the 14.6 version of the game. It gives the same error. Because they removed one of the sign blocks in 14.6 which my 14.5 files would still be referencing too. This is why I asked specifically what version are you trying to play on both in regards to the mod version and the game version.

I asked you to install only my mod and test it out without any further modification to confirm that it is not a problem specifically with my mod. If after adding new mods to my mod or making altercations to my mod you get errors then it is is a fault with what you are adding. Even if what you add works if you add it by itself in vanilla does not mean it will work with my mod - even if it used to. My mod is constantly growing and adding new items and blocks (what little I can with the limit, anyway). Its possible the item or block IDs your other mods are using are no longer "free" in my files.

At anyrate while I do encourage and admire your ambition for modding the files further I hope you can understand if I'm not really able to help you much with any errors you get when you mod my files. I do not promise my mod to be compatible with anyone elses work.

The survivor class should still start with the crossbow schematic and know how to make a crossbow and repair the crossbow. It is only the IRON crossbow that is locked behind the perk.

While I don't think Im going to go quite that in-depth and extreme (yet anyway, who knows down the line) I am considering adding a new upgrade material that has to be used to upgrade wood. "Carpenter Kits". You craft these with wood and nails. Only those who have read the carpentry book would know how to make these. Basically meaning that when you start the game you cant just find a prefab and instantly start upgrading it to a reinforced shelter.

Thanks for your time to response dude!!! have you any ETA for "your" fix for the last 7d patch? Regards!!

I too wanted to say thank you val your pack and help in a post i made was helpful. I was blown away coming from other early access games because this one has a community. Oh Val flawless turds hmmm only from fancy toilets right they do say it doesn't stink so flawless right.:congratulatory:

Thanks for your time to response dude!!! have you any ETA for "your" fix for the last 7d patch? Regards!!

I've gotten all the hard stuff taken care of (stable version is ready but wont be uploaded until I have the experimental build ready too) so tomorrow I will work on porting all the changes and making the fixes for the experimental. So my ETA is tomorrow. If not tomorrow, should RL things come up, the next day.

I may not have flawless craps afterall. Thinking on it I don't believe you can stack items with attributes. I dont want these items to not stack. So I might have to drop the fertilizer altogether. The door knobs I can just put behind the stone axe or hammer. Remotes are fine if they do not stack. We'll see how things go. I'll mess around with all that tomorrow. Today was focused on the stable version mostly.

I too wanted to say thank you val your pack and help in a post i made was helpful. I was blown away coming from other early access games because this one has a community. Oh Val flawless turds hmmm only from fancy toilets right they do say it doesn't stink so flawless right.:congratulatory:

Dreams of flawless turds might be crushed. Its a cruel world we live it. :)

I dont know how else to Put this.

i know what you're doing wrong.Let me see if i can Explain this so you can understand

1.you install Valmod

2.you install a different mod ontop of Valmods Crop mod

when you do this it overwrites anything he put in the game

so lets say Wheat was Item 1645

and you install a Crop mod and Item 1645 gets overwritten and then causes your error.

i already knew what you did wrong i just didn't want to Argue about because that's all i do is argue with People on my server about the same things.because they have no idea how it works.

did i explain this so you can understand?

Install valmod and not anything else

he has all the Crop foods you can handle

I ALWAYS check for conflicting numbers. In other words if I find an empty number eg. 659-I then go to the very top of the file (done through clipboard) go to find under edit, type 659 in the box and keep clicking 'find next' until it's gone all the way through the file. If there comes up an 659 already, I just move on to the next spare number. I've been doing this for ages so NO CONFLICTING NUMBERS thank you.

That's NOT the problem. The only way that would be would be if the mod had conflicting numbers. I'm not saying "IT'S VALMAR'S FAULT!!" I wouldn't do that, but I am very particular of mistakes. Yes, I have done a lot in the past and on previous alpha's have asked Valmar for help for what turned out 9 times out of 10 something as simple as an missing " or some such thing, but that is NOT the problem here.

And if you looked at my update, it was one single ITEM apparently causing my problems. I ALSO said I haven't installed the crops in yet. There was only three new plants in crops which I liked, which gave me so much food items and possibilities. The other 'mods' were simply lootable foods and recipes that could come from them. I refuse to believe even in an zombie apocalypse we could only find potatoes, blueberries, corn, coffee, golden rod and mushrooms to grow. How many shops out there have those stands with packets of seeds? How many gardens or farms are there with herbs and veges or fruits we could use. So sue me if I want one or two more crops other than Valmars.

Sorry if everyone else likes arguing with you, but this is my opinion.

Okay so you're using my stable 14.5 build of the mod and playing the 14.5 build of the game NOT the experimental 14.6 branch, right?

The console error you just mentioned sounds like you tried to use my 14.5 mod with the 14.6 version of the game. It gives the same error. Because they removed one of the sign blocks in 14.6 which my 14.5 files would still be referencing too. This is why I asked specifically what version are you trying to play on both in regards to the mod version and the game version.

I asked you to install only my mod and test it out without any further modification to confirm that it is not a problem specifically with my mod. If after adding new mods to my mod or making altercations to my mod you get errors then it is is a fault with what you are adding. Even if what you add works if you add it by itself in vanilla does not mean it will work with my mod - even if it used to. My mod is constantly growing and adding new items and blocks (what little I can with the limit, anyway). Its possible the item or block IDs your other mods are using are no longer "free" in my files.

At anyrate while I do encourage and admire your ambition for modding the files further I hope you can understand if I'm not really able to help you much with any errors you get when you mod my files. I do not promise my mod to be compatible with anyone elses work.

The survivor class should still start with the crossbow schematic and know how to make a crossbow and repair the crossbow. It is only the IRON crossbow that is locked behind the perk.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know about the sign and it makes sense now. I wonder why it only appeared once if that was a problem? Weird. As far as I know I have 14.5, is 14.6 even out yet? I don't know.

I tried just your mod after verifying and from the hour or so I played saw no problem really, but with the books and recipes (couldn't tell short of spawning them in to test). But from what I saw, the recipes showed (although for some reason I had to read the same junk salvage book twice to register. However that WAS a reported problem with the craft menu vs the tool belt) and as for the other mods, they aren't anything complicated, just some items (food), recipes to make them and loot (which I forgot to put in). There WAS three new crops but I haven't put them in to try yet. However doing two items and their recipes at a time I would put them in, save, go in game to see if there was any conflicts and as I said, only the items carrot and carrot cake caused any problems, the others seemed to have no problem working with your mod. All recipes\books\schematics are showing properly and everything seems to be perfect so far (After putting in the foods and recipes I played 7DTD for about 8 hrs to check). I got the Dr book in game, the healing agent and everything shows up and I can make them, no problems. My only query is-does the flour have recipes or is it just an items for them. When clicking on flour I just get the 'drop' option. Is this an conflict, or is it right?

As for the crops using the same numbers as yours, nope. Now whenever I put something in the xml's, no matter what ones, I always go to the top of the file (on clipboard) go to edit, find, type whatever number I intend to use in the box and just keep clicking until I reach the end of the file. If nothing comes up, great, usable, if not, move on to the next number.

VALMAR: Thanks for helping as always but had another plant question, can I have it where I can pick it up but still have the seedling thing still in the dirt or is it one or the other? I am now able to pick them up but it dont leave anything like punching it etc. Thanks.

EDIT: I am using your newest experimental expansion build the updates might of broke it, dont know. I always replace every one of your files except the window file in the xml to keep the food and health bars etc off the screen. The oven, sink, brewery etc all seems to work just fine.

Edited by JayzenFreeze (see edit history)
i've gotten all the hard stuff taken care of (stable version is ready but wont be uploaded until i have the experimental build ready too) so tomorrow i will work on porting all the changes and making the fixes for the experimental. So my eta is tomorrow. If not tomorrow, should rl things come up, the next day.

I may not have flawless craps afterall. Thinking on it i don't believe you can stack items with attributes. I dont want these items to not stack. So i might have to drop the fertilizer altogether. The door knobs i can just put behind the stone axe or hammer. Remotes are fine if they do not stack. We'll see how things go. I'll mess around with all that tomorrow. Today was focused on the stable version mostly.

Dreams of flawless turds might be crushed. Its a cruel world we live it. :)

thanks men!!!! I keep playing and waiting for the new update ;) gl!!! Again thanks for the best mod

@Fire

The flour is used for recipes. Though those recipes are all in the campfire/oven so that might be why you dont see a "Recipes" button. Not sure.

So its just this specific carrot item and carrot cake that cause issues? Do they work if you add only that to a vanilla game? If not then the code itself might be busted. Share it and I could take a look at it on my end.

Also yes, technically, 14.6 is out. YOu have to opt into it with the Beta tab in the steam properties. The "Experimental" build of my mod, the one found in my mediafire's "beta" folder is built for it. Though sounds like that isn't your problem since you dont know about the experimental build.

@Jay

The property that lets them leave their sprout is the downgrade block property. This basically is what tells the block to turn into another block when destroyed. I'm a bit surprised harvesting them with the "Press E" system does not classify as destroying them. Could you show me one of them as an example? Just the final form that you harvest

@Fire

The flour is used for recipes. Though those recipes are all in the campfire/oven so that might be why you dont see a "Recipes" button. Not sure.

So its just this specific carrot item and carrot cake that cause issues? Do they work if you add only that to a vanilla game? If not then the code itself might be busted. Share it and I could take a look at it on my end.

Also yes, technically, 14.6 is out. YOu have to opt into it with the Beta tab in the steam properties. The "Experimental" build of my mod, the one found in my mediafire's "beta" folder is built for it. Though sounds like that isn't your problem since you dont know about the experimental build.

@Jay

The property that lets them leave their sprout is the downgrade block property. This basically is what tells the block to turn into another block when destroyed. I'm a bit surprised harvesting them with the "Press E" system does not classify as destroying them. Could you show me one of them as an example? Just the final form that you harvest

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, I have my system on auto-update, so maybe I didn't notice 14.6.

Carrot code

<item id="694" name="foodCarrot">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="64" />

<property name="Smell" value="mediumSmell" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="Class" value="Eat" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Use_time" value="..." />

<property name="Gain_health" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="5" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_stamina" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_wellness" value="0.1" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eating" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking" />

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="30" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.03" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="695" name="foodCarrotCake">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="64" />

<property name="Smell" value="mediumSmell" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="30" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_stamina" value="2" />

<property name="Gain_wellness" value="0.5" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eating" />

</property>

<property name="Zoom" value="30" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.03" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="764" name="foodCarrotJuice">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Food/yucca_juicePrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="3" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="15" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="30" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_stamina" value="20" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_drinking" />

<property name="Gain_wellness" value="0.1" />

<property name="Create_item" value="emptyJar" />

</property>

<property name="Zoom" value="24" />

<property name="Pos" value="-0.02,-0.1" />

</property>

</item>

<recipe name="foodCarrotJuice" count="1" scrapable="False" >

<ingredient name="bottledWater" count="1" />

<ingredient name="foodCarrot" count="1" />

</recipe>

<recipe name="foodCarrotCake" count="1" scrapable="False">

<ingredient name="foodCarrot" count="1" />

<ingredient name="egg" count="3" />

<ingredient name="cornMeal" count="1" />

<ingredient name="bottledWater" count="1" />

<ingredient name="foodSugar" count="1" />

<ingredient name="foodBakingSoda" count="1" />

</recipe>

It was ONLY this one that caused the problem. I tried adding it in-error-removing ONLY THIS from items and recipes fixed it.

I also just realized I had one other group of mods and recipes I haven't added which could have caused a problem as well. The first was recipes that allowed me to use crossbow bolts and arrows already made to change to iron or steel, just by using the already made ones and heads found. With you gating them, THAT could have caused it, but I swear I didn't put them in last time. It's a possibility though, sometimes I just highlight, copy and paste (it was between two of the food recipes). I'll have to go back check the back up version, see if it IS there. The second was fire\candle\torch blocks. Essentially glass blocks with an campfire, candle or torch inside. I had it in thirteen and loved the fact I could illuminate large rooms with one or two-or place them in walls and have more than one room illuminated. So when the creator updated for 14, I grabbed them. However I DIDN'T put these with yours because after using them once with the previous version before I installed yours, discovered they've gone from just blocks that illuminate to f*@#en noisy things (imagine the sound of an crackling campfire turned up in volume by five), so I didn't install them, at least, I don't think. DEFINITELY not on this install and both mods mentioned are out. I won't put them in.

So far everything's perfect. I won't add anything else, I have no intention to. All I wanted was those crops and items, so all clear.

The carrot worked when I had it with the vanilla, I don't know WHY it hates your mod and why just this one. Everything else is unchanged (except item code of course). Maybe there's an fault in it? Although why just now?

And as for the flour, I was looking at it in crafting menu. You know, when you click on an item to see it's stats? I was just wondering if it's an item with uses in recipes, if there was a reason it doesn't have recipes in the stats like other things. But if it's only usable in campfires and ovens, that might be why.

Ah. So the Press E event doesn't trigger the downgrade event. Unfortunate but in that case I can think of no way to get it to work with the "Press E" system.

@Fire

I will read and respond when I wake up. :p

Ah. So the Press E event doesn't trigger the downgrade event. Unfortunate but in that case I can think of no way to get it to work with the "Press E" system.

Ok thanks, at least it is there to show they are fully grown for the new crops like leek wheat etc. I was not sure if I did the code wrong. Have a good night.

EDIT: Got the error in the burnt biom naz may this time I got a pic of it for you.

RHn1RE6.jpg

Edited by JayzenFreeze (see edit history)

Hello Valmar,

we wanted an optical distinction between the harvestable appleGrown an the appleTreeEmpty, so we changed the "Model" and the "ModelOffset" from the appleTreeEmpty to the properties of the treeDeadTree01:

<block id="2022" name="appleTreeEmpty">
<property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing" />
<property name="Material" value="wood" />
<property name="Place" value="Door" />
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
<property name="Texture" value="116" />
<property name="Tag" value="TreeTrunk" />
<property name="BigDecorationRadius" value="1" />
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="Model" value="Entities/Trees/White_Oak22Prefab" />[/b][/color]
<property name="ParticleOnDeath" value="treeGib_burnt" />
[color="#FF0000"][b]<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,-0.3,0" />[/b][/color]
<drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="25" />
       <drop event="Destroy" name="wood" count="12" prob="1" />
       <drop event="Destroy" name="[color="#FF0000"]seedApple[/color]" count="1,2" prob=".5" />
<property name="UpwardsCount" value="3" />
<property class="PlantGrowing">
<property name="Next" value="appleGrown" />
<property name="GrowthRate" value="60" />
<property name="FertileLevel" value="1" />
<property name="IsRandom" value="false" />
       </property>
</block>

if you want, feel free to use it.

Edit:

to get appleseeds back after destroying the tree, you also had to change the seedname

Edited by Baedel
additional information (see edit history)