A16 Valmod Pack

Its been brought to my attention that the mediafire download folders appear to be empty to users on Windows 10.

Because of this I have included a new Mirror Link option. This may become the primary link if mediafire or windows 10 doesn't straighten out.

Mirror Link

Does the Lite version still cause invent lag? As I'm getting it bad on the full pack. Which is a shame as I love the idea of most of this mod, and understand that it's the recipes that are causing it, shame the fun pimps can't look at another way of updating the list.

Its been brought to my attention that the mediafire download folders appear to be empty to users on Windows 10.

Because of this I have included a new Mirror Link option. This may become the primary link if mediafire or windows 10 doesn't straighten out.

Mirror Link

Don't think Win 10 is the direct issue as I have downloaded the pack numerous times on several Win 10 PCs without issue. Including a fresh copy yesterday afternoon and just now as a test. (My Main PC, my laptop, and Wifes laptop - all win 10, zero issues)

wheres the log and config folder, I picked the veteran pack my son picked the hunter i gave him one of my class recipes i read the other he gave me one of his and read the other it comes up with the list of things you can now make, smg assault rifle bullets hunting rifle sniper rifle blah blah, i see the bullets but no rifles i made all the workshops but the electricity one, how do i upload my config folder?

Edited by dr1zzt05 (see edit history)
wheres the log and config folder, I picked the veteran pack my son picked the hunter i gave him one of my class recipes i read the other he gave me one of his and read the other it comes up with the list of things you can now make, smg assault rifle bullets hunting rifle sniper rifle blah blah, i see the bullets but no rifles i made all the workshops but the electricity one, how do i upload my config folder?

You don't directly make the gun parts. You need to find the individual parts then you can assemble the weapon if you know the skill.

Once you have a part you can click on it in your inventory and select "Assemble" and it will bring up the menu showing all the parts you need.

Does the Lite version still cause invent lag? As I'm getting it bad on the full pack. Which is a shame as I love the idea of most of this mod, and understand that it's the recipes that are causing it, shame the fun pimps can't look at another way of updating the list.

Its not so much the recipes but rather the recipe BOOKS. This shouldn't be as big of a concern in the future however when we can lock recipes behind perk trees.

The Lite version should, in theory, actually be LESS laggy than the full version as it has considerably less recipe books.

I do not know when the last time was you tried the mod but I'd recommend giving it another go. I've performed many, many performance tweaks and overall enhancements since the early A13 release. To the point that I don't really hear complaints about the lag anymore - at least not as regularly as before.

Also, I always feel compelled to say this: Love the avatar.

Don't think Win 10 is the direct issue as I have downloaded the pack numerous times on several Win 10 PCs without issue. Including a fresh copy yesterday afternoon and just now as a test. (My Main PC, my laptop, and Wifes laptop - all win 10, zero issues)

Could be a combination of 10 and the browser they're using. So far however everyone who has had this issue of not seeing the zips in the download folder (multiple people) have all had one thing in common: they all use windows 10. No one on Windows 7 or 8 have reported this problem. It could be a coincidence, sure, but nevertheless those are the statistics infront of me and as such I've provided a mirror link for those effected.

Does the information CyrusBlaze shared above help any? Honestly it sounds like a general misunderstanding/confusion over how 7DTD's gun assembly system works.

so i got the gun part down i understand that now, i just made and dropped a workbench and i get a repeating message, nullrefrenceexception, object reference not set to an instance of an object all in red that repeats a few times ,i have the lite version, I just set my folder off of read only just downloaded the newest mod and overritten everything, is there any before mod prep like in skyrim you have to add archiveinvalidate=1 or some such?

Edited by dr1zzt05 (see edit history)

@Dr1zzt05

Interesting. So do I, but only in singleplayer. If you open the workstation it will stop giving the error and work fine.

This issue didn't use to be there, it seems it was newly introduced when they fixed xui files. Oddly enough it works fine in MP, even from a dedicated. But on SP it gives that null.

I traced the problem down to this line in the workstation's block.xml info:

<property class="Workstation">

<property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/>

</property>

Apparently you need all the modules, even if you don't use them all. This wasn't the case originally but it is now. I will fix this shortly. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hey Valmar,

Earlier you posted the following... "Scorched Rushers have a rare spawn but if you see one, watch out. These zombies are hot and bothered - running and chasing you in a frenzy. However they are relatively weak and easily killed so try to take them out before they reach you".

After Installing your latest version I became the luckiest and un-luckiest guy in the world. I left my base for a cement rock run and almost came face to face with 2 Scorched Rushers. They were moving so fast the field of dry grass they were in didn't have enough time to ignite and burn (now that would be a cool feature, setting the fields on fire).

I run home to break open my medicine cabinet for the "hard stuff", pure, long lasting, alcohol. I exit the base and go off in another direction and poof another Scorched Rusher appears.

I see 3 very rare Scorched Rushers in a game day and that makes me a lucky guy.

I fear that luck will turn in the near future, I'm going to require eye-glasses and a new liver.

Damn, I should have opted for the Medic class.

@Ch53dVet

Well, they were SUPPOSED to be rare. Probabilities are weird and tricky. I will adjust them in the next update.

Version: 18.40

Blocks.xml

Added <property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/> to my workstations so they work properly in SP.

Hey, it's no big deal, I was interjecting a little humor into the mix. When "TFP's" fixed the poi spawn bug in this last patch I've got spawning zeds all over the place even on my lowest spawn setting in the games modded option box.

Now I've got spawns (hordes) gliding over my 10 rows of pointy objects to bash at my walls, anyway of spraying that adhesive trap mixture on my steel coated wood log spikes so they (the zeds) at least temporarily stick to them and take damage before reaching my base walls?

Sticky spikes you say?! Nice idea.

How about if you combine a logspike with glue you get an adhesive spike? You wouldn't be able to upgrade its damage, though.

Sounds good though. I'll make a note of it.

Hiho,

great mod!

But I think I´ve issues with it on A13.8 with Valmod 18.39.

1. When client player uses the wrench table and the study desk I (the host)

get an "NullObjectRefferenceExcetion" or something like this dropped by showing

in console.

2. Using the books seems not to work proper. I read the "handlebars" - book and

the receipt was still unlooked (grey book instate of white) and the number of known

receipts didn´t raised . the same happend to some books of the client / friend player.

For example with the blue looking iron book called something like "Iron Workin Book" or

so...

Beside your mod I ve only installed some prefabs without overwriting nothing from the games files either

the rwgmixer.xml and adding files to the prefabs-directory.

You ve any idea whats the reason for the problems and how to fix it ?

Thanx in advanced.

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

@Whitelion

Hello there.

The issue with the workstations was brought to my attention earlier today and the latest hotfix, 18.40, shoudl resolve it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Recipe books, in general, are a bit glitchy/buggy in A13. This is a vanilla issue, not so much an issue with my mod specifically. Do not read, eat or drink from the inventory or from a container. Always do it by hand, manually, from your toolbelt. This is the only way to ensure that you actually get credit for your action. Eating, drinking or reading from your inventory or from a container has a lot of inconsistencies when it comes to actually working. Such as reading a book but not unlocking skills or eating food but not actually getting food from it. These are issues that have been noticed and reported in with the vanilla game though it is possible they are more prevalent on larger mods like mine that put more "stress" on the game engine than vanilla.

So again, please remember to always use your toolbelt.

Thank you for your quick answer and update of your mod!

Maybe You have an idea for another issue the client-player had:

He could not do some basics like scrap materials (iron/brass...etc)

because the "Scrap" option didn´t appears when the item was

selected. For me (the host) it worked fine.

Did your player already have read the Book "Junk_Salvage"? This book will teach him to scrap iron, brass and lead.

Like Puschpa mentioned he will need to read Junk_Salvage first.

Valmar,

Awesome mod! So many great parts best I wanted to highlight the best thing you did: putting the notes on the zombies and then making the note only schemes. It makes you need to loot zombies, rather than just kill them all with a sniper from far away.

As always the Crow Gaming Community for which I host my 7DTD dedicated server for greatly enjoys your Mods (Full version) on our server. Since I updated to 18.40 yesterday all the workstations will not function unless you have them open. I tested on SP as well and was a problem there as well.

Note

The blunderbuss does not have shredder ammo as an option. Also shredder ammo increases pistols instead of shotguns when made. If this was intended not sure

Sticky spikes you say?! Nice idea.

How about if you combine a logspike with glue you get an adhesive spike? You wouldn't be able to upgrade its damage, though.

Sounds good though. I'll make a note of it.

Sticky Spikes would be cool though you might have to up the probability for glue drops. Since you would be needing way more of it.

Blunderbuss is indeed a mistake. While Im not sure how I overlooked the shredder ammo being usable by the gun (I must have overlooked it back when I was updating to A13 - no one must have ever tried to use it to notice/report the mistake) I do see how I got the skill group wrong. I copied the info from the vanilla blunderbuss ammo which is actually set to count towards your pistol skill, for some reason. I adjusted it to be shotgun but never adjusted my shredder ammo. I'll have both of these addressed in the next patch.

As for your workstation problem, I don't know what to tell you. They work fine for me. I even just now tested it out to see if it would continue crafting when I closed the workstation. All went well for me.

Since I updated to 18.40 yesterday all the workstations will not function unless you have them open. I tested on SP as well and was a problem there as well.

confirmed

objects are created only when the open workstation interface (ver. 18.40 dedicated server)

My earlier test was on the MP server which has the latest changes. Didn't experience any issues. Loaded a dedicated server on my own rig - issues. Loaded single player - issues. So once again I'm left baffled by the quirkiness of workstations ever since the last game update. I assume whatever the pimps are doing with workstations (remember they're adding them in A14 officially) has altered the code in such a way that it no longer works like it used to. Which is a real shame.

I've updated the mod to work around this as best as I can. The only solution, for now, that I can come up with is to use the "older" method. What this means is that if you're playing singleplayer when you first place a workstation you WILL get null reference errors in the console. They will keep spamming you until you OPEN the workbench. Upon doing so the problem fixes itself and it will not come back for that station. I do not know why this is and I do not know of any way to resolve it. I guess we wait for A14.

Version: 18.41

Items.xml

Added Weapon_Mod:_AssaultRifle to the ak47schematic.

Added Blunderbuss_Shredder_Ammo to Blunderbuss.

Changed Blunderbuss_Shredder_Ammo actionskillgroup to Shotguns.

Blocks.xml

Adjusted workstations so that they will work when you're not in them HOWEVER they will give a null reference the first time you place them until you open them.