A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

for some reason i cant make steel pickaxe or steel crossbow bolts i have both the riddle of steel book and both mod_ books, i even cheated them back in (via survivor notes ) to test and still cant make them craft is lit up but it just refuses to make them

Did you learn the Mod: Recipes in the Desk or just the ability to make them?

IE: When you read the pick recipe, you unlock the Mod for Steel Pick. you don't 'learn' the Mod, you 'unlock' it in the desk.

Well, I wonder how I play on version 13.6 of 10 fps (low settings). This version of the game, in my case is unplayable.

I have not checked it with the modem. But I'll know if it works or not. But I doubt if will be impossible to play like this version of the game is for nothing.

I play on version 13.6, and how for now it comes well. But already encountered trouble.

Vanishing items of clothing and armor. Founded by chance two clothes on the same slot, which is strange (there should be this) and after removing the clothes disappeared one second, which was the same slot.

Additionally generate all biomes, they are animals, and I did not this annoying problem with sound.

The clothing bug you mention is another vanilla issue. Nothing I can do about that. If you're only getting 10 fps on low settings you might just be pushing your toaster too hard which could introduce stability issues and bugs in your gameplay.

Good luck to you, regardless.

dont worry i sorted it now , is there a way the make cross hairs a diff color as i cant see the bloody thing lol

I don't think so, not with xml files anyway.

Valmar,

What book do I need, to make or re-read, to forge the gears needed for vault doors?

Also, are the flashlights dropping normally in-game? I've been searching every stump I come across and not 1 FL to be had.

Security Measures.

Flashlights should still drop in the same places as before.

Though now you can also find a flashlight on snowzombies sometimes. You could try farming them for a bit.

This is actually another vanilla bug. If a player gets disconnected (or lags heavily) upon initial loading of the world, they don't get any items.

I think the problem on my server is that when you join the bot would teleport you to a 'lobby' - i think this might have interfered with loading the items at the start so i have disabled the lobby for now and seems things are back to 'normal'

I think the problem on my server is that when you join the bot would teleport you to a 'lobby' - i think this might have interfered with loading the items at the start so i have disabled the lobby for now and seems things are back to 'normal'

I played that server for a lil bit, i stopped because i didn't start with anything..i liked the idea of starting in a "lobby"...maybe have a chest where people can put stuff to help the newcomers...

To make yucca juice the recipe is the same as it was asking for yucca plant and jars. When you punch/pluck the yucca plants now though its gives you yucca fruit. Using none of the tools gets you yucca plant.

Did you just miss changing the recipe, enter the wrong item for plucking, or am I just missing something?

I miss changing the recipe. I'll fix that in the next patch. Though if you want the fix immediately:

<recipe name="foodYuccaJuice" count="1" scrapable="False" >

<ingredient name="foodYuccaFruit" count="4"/>

<ingredient name="emptyJar" count="1"/>

</recipe>

in the masonry work station, the recipe for gravel requires "stone" instead of small stone

There should be two recipes for gravel in the Masonry_Workbench.

One takes rockSmall (Small Stones)

One takes destroyedStone (Destroyed Stone)

Identical to your 'tab' crafting

Tired PC to the late hour of the evening. The game runs on fixed 40-60fps. But as Sunrise or sunset it drops to 15fps.

Is it possible to somehow disable sunlight, which has a bad optimization?. Zauwarzyłęm the harsh light clouds also causes a drop in fps.

As for the problem of disappearing clothes This error also occurs elsewhere. But I know how to play this error to avoid. Simply performs actions that bypass this problem.The only thing left is to wait for game updates and mod.

As for the game. I'm at the stage of home improvement as found near water and caves. D

There should be two recipes for gravel in the Masonry_Workbench.

One takes rockSmall (Small Stones)

One takes destroyedStone (Destroyed Stone)

Identical to your 'tab' crafting

I believe he's using the lite version which didn't have those recipes on the workstation. I'll fix that oversight.

Tired PC to the late hour of the evening. The game runs on fixed 40-60fps. But as Sunrise or sunset it drops to 15fps.

Is it possible to somehow disable sunlight, which has a bad optimization?. Zauwarzyłęm the harsh light clouds also causes a drop in fps.

As for the problem of disappearing clothes This error also occurs elsewhere. But I know how to play this error to avoid. Simply performs actions that bypass this problem.The only thing left is to wait for game updates and mod.

As for the game. I'm at the stage of home improvement as found near water and caves. D

Im not sure you can disable sunlight though there might be some settings you can tweak in the graphic options to lessen the impact such as godrays, bloom, reflections or shadows.

First, thanks for the mods.

A question I have is, if we want to use this on a MP server, does everyone that play on the server HAVE to DL and install client side files? Are there any of the mods that will work without client side install?

Thanks again,

No they don't HAVE to. But if they don't two things occur:

They won't be able to interact with any of the workstations (in the full version this could be considered game breaking since you NEED them to craft a lot of stuff) and there will be NO ICONS for any of the modded items or blocks. Other than that, no, they don't really NEED to have the client files. But its highly advised.

tiny.cc/valmodicons is the link to the client-side files.

Thanks, one follow up question. You state that the client side files are needed to interact with the workstations, but are you still able to craft the items via the forge, campfire, etc., instead of the workstations, or is that option removed and replaced by the workstations? Thanks again.

Forges and campfires are workstations aswell. However these workstations, as they are vanilla, are already in the client file so those would work fine.

In the full version most blocks are locked behind workstations. For example a masonry workbench for stone-related blocks or the industrial workbench for metal and iron. Even making armor requires the Armory workstation. Playing a server that runs the full version of the mod without the required download files would be very limiting.

The lite version doesn't have this problem since it doesn't lock down the recipes behind workstations (though they still are there, as an option).

So while they can technically play without the client files they will be having a gimped experience and in the case of the full version they'd be ♥♥♥♥ out of luck far as building goes.

Beyond that not having any icons, while purely cosmetic, would really lessen the experience. Honestly those who are not willing to install the client files shouldn't be playing on a server using either version of the mod. Sure, with the lite version without the client files, you can treat the game like vanilla and not really notice much difference (so you have missing icons, big whoop, vanilla icons still there and the blank items still work) you're really not experiencing the mod as intended and defeats the purpose of playing on a modded server in the first place.

Question about sinks: In the guide it says you can use craftable sinks to fill up water jars / bowls, etc. I crafted and placed a sink, but I cannot fill the bowls. Is that because of the change from A12 to A13 where sinks can no longer be used or does your mod alter this and allow sinks to fill up containers? If yes, what have I done wrong. Sink is down, but no faucet (where do I craft it if it is needed.)

Servers I play on always have a "spawn" location players can teleport to after joining by entering /spawn into chat. I don't know if thats the same thing as the "lobby" but it never messed up starter gear.

Hi

The player does not enter the command - when they start they are in the lobby. Though for some reason they never have the starter gear. When i disabled the Lobby the starter gear was showing up again.

Question about sinks: In the guide it says you can use craftable sinks to fill up water jars / bowls, etc. I crafted and placed a sink, but I cannot fill the bowls. Is that because of the change from A12 to A13 where sinks can no longer be used or does your mod alter this and allow sinks to fill up containers? If yes, what have I done wrong. Sink is down, but no faucet (where do I craft it if it is needed.)

have you tried left clicking with an empty bottle in your hands ?

@Valmartrying out the Lite Version. it fits my gameplay quite well. mixed with warrior/medium spawn settings its perfect !

although ive encountered two problems. first, i found a "Survivors Briefcase" in a tree stump... I placed it on the ground, it was locked, i thought i could break it open... i broke the briefcase into oblivion... got nothing. 2nd, still getting the inventory lag xD ! but only when there is like a load of crafting pages .. >.< thx :) !

have you tried left clicking with an empty bottle in your hands ?

@Valmartrying out the Lite Version. it fits my gameplay quite well. mixed with warrior/medium spawn settings its perfect !

although ive encountered two problems. first, i found a "Survivors Briefcase" in a tree stump... I placed it on the ground, it was locked, i thought i could break it open... i broke the briefcase into oblivion... got nothing. 2nd, still getting the inventory lag xD ! but only when there is like a load of crafting pages .. >.< thx :) !

You need a class key to open class briefcases. I don't know if those are lootable, though it seems like they would be if the briefcases are. And yes, leftclicking with the jar on the sink worked.

I do have a seperate question though. I cannot seem to craft schematics for the steel armor mods in the study desk, nor the ammo_mod 10mm. Do I need a prerequisite to be able to craft these? What am I missing?

You need to know the original first. For example first you need to learn how to make normal 10mm bullets before you can learn the modded version. Steel armor is an upgrade from iron so you will need to learn the iron variant first to unlock the ability to learn the Steel armor mod.

You need a class key to open class briefcases. I don't know if those are lootable, though it seems like they would be if the briefcases are. And yes, leftclicking with the jar on the sink worked.

Survivor's Briefcase is not the same as the Class Briefcases you start of with. You have to unlock them using survivor combinations. These can only be found on dead corpse loot.

Archived