A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

hrmm. The expansion mod (with the backpack mod) causes the linux version to crash at some point, always with the trying to address over 16gb memory.

(I have 64, so I'm not running out)

Doesn't happen under windows.

EDIT: " Using memoryadresses from more that 16GB of memory " is the last line of the log.

Not sure just *what* is causing it, but that's the point that the log ends at for the crashes.

Could be doing a variety of things, nothing common between them, not length of time, activities, areas, nada.

(which makes troubleshooting so much fun)

BTW, need more recipies for potatoes. I'm going to mod one in, shepards pie. 1 meat, 1 or 2 corn, and 2 or 3 potatoes.

(the seed I'm using has a stupid amount of potato patches, and no way am gonna go through 600+ potatoes with current recipies)

:)

(btw, seed is Starbuck gobs of potato, blueberry and corn fields, in that order. One location has almost 20 food plots in the town. no starving there!)

hrmm. The expansion mod (with the backpack mod) causes the linux version to crash at some point, always with the trying to address over 16gb memory.

(I have 64, so I'm not running out)

Doesn't happen under windows.

EDIT: " Using memoryadresses from more that 16GB of memory " is the last line of the log.

Not sure just *what* is causing it, but that's the point that the log ends at for the crashes.

Could be doing a variety of things, nothing common between them, not length of time, activities, areas, nada.

(which makes troubleshooting so much fun)

BTW, need more recipies for potatoes. I'm going to mod one in, shepards pie. 1 meat, 1 or 2 corn, and 2 or 3 potatoes.

(the seed I'm using has a stupid amount of potato patches, and no way am gonna go through 600+ potatoes with current recipies)

:)

(btw, seed is Starbuck gobs of potato, blueberry and corn fields, in that order. One location has almost 20 food plots in the town. no starving there!)

Playing the game on linux gives you a max memory cap of 16GB. Windows, as you allready noticed, doesnt have that prob.

Cheers

Playing the game on linux gives you a max memory cap of 16GB. Windows, as you allready noticed, doesnt have that prob.

Cheers

um, well, THAT needs to be fixed then. Bad dog! No Biscuit!

:p

I"m gonna see how much windows uses with the same setup, then see how much the base game uses.

Interesting bit though, it WAS at about 8gb mem reserved, 16.9 virt, when the reservered just shot to 16 and the game barfed.

*something* is causing it, but no clue what.

16gb limit on 64 bit is ... well.. silly.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know it was memcapped like that.

I run a valmod game with a friend and we love it!

Question thought:

-When farming it seems some plants work as intended when you punch them they replant. However my friend who was testing this said that harvesting (punching) aloe vera when its ready to be harvested doesn't replant it. Can anyone verify this?

Yes! Some plants do not 'replant' while others do. Please note the amounts you get from picking and also punching! Big trade off, but there's also a bonus in not having to take the time replant some of the crops!

A friend of mine plays this mod,and she is trying to make some cabinet tops,but she cant figure out how.

I havent played this mod in a long while,and i cant remember where it is gated,so any help would be very appreciated.

Thx in advance

Its been a while but it looks like carpentry skill for 'storage' items.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack&p=539022&viewfull=1#post539022

Hey all

I'm getting a TextureBlockAliases object reference error, which I believe may be clogging up the initial startup off Valmod. I'm on a Mac, and used the instructions I found via Steam but it hasn't sufficed. Any ideas? Thanks!

JP

Without an error log, etc. my guess would be a reinstall of the mod. Some errors are directly related to installation which 'we''ve' experienced many times an reinstalling the mod ultimately fixes them.

Cheers

It's because Unity graphics engine version that's is used in A16, it has a bug that limits memory on Linux systems.

A17 is going to use much much more never version of Unity.

It's because Unity graphics engine version that's is used in A16, it has a bug that limits memory on Linux systems.

A17 is going to use much much more never version of Unity.

Well, after 2 hrs in windows last night, it got to 12.5gb mem usage.

Odd thing with the linux though, is that *something* causes usage to suddenly skyrocket to the 16gb mark.

It was around 9gb used then boom.

If A17 will let us use more that would be good. (now, if it crashes saying using address above 64gb, then I'll KNOW something is borked)

:D

(I'm still going to do more testing because memory usage should not just jump like that)

I'm having a really weird issue, hoping to get this fixed. Tried searching but didn't find anything that seemed related. Basically when my friend and I play co-op together, we both take one "combat" class and then the host pulls a "utility class" from the menu. So basically I tend to take survivor and builder, but when I do, after I complete the first stage of my builder quest (gather 3000 wood), something breaks. All my tools come out at quality 1 with no quality bar, and if I repair something it will drop it from like 300 quality down to about 16. Weapons are unaffected, and I had my friend, who hosts, test in a clean game and the same thing didn't happen to him, so I'm really at a loss. It's super annoying because we just had a really good start in our current game and I'm sick of restarting, since this has happened a few times now.

disappearing backpack mod?

I have been enjoying the Valmod overhaul mod. And am impressed by your modding abilities.

I was wondering if you could make a mod that drops the items of the backpack and toolbelt on the ground when a player dies; or keeps only a few items and drops the rest on the ground for a minute or so before disappearing

I want to,put this on my server.as i have never played this mod before would it be better to install on a fresh wiped server? Or can i just add it to my existing game?

Hello jlandy71,

It would be best to start from scratch. A bunch of things changed and you may or maynot get errors from the command console.

Hello jlandy71,

It would be best to start from scratch. A bunch of things changed and you may or maynot get errors from the command console.

Thank you.I kinda thought it would be best.just wanted to confirm incase we could continue where were.

Thanks Cadamier for the confirmation.

A follow up question, I've made some fire traps (the cubes) and when one (either a player or zombie walks on them) neither get set on fire. When I step on them as the player I do take damage but it doesn't give me the fire debuff, nor do I take damage over time. It seems to act like a spike. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your time. :)

I'm using the overhaul btw

PS- Before I posted this I searched this thread for "fire trap" but didn't find answers.

NM, I figured it out! The issue was that the fire traps I was using had a concrete pole in the space above them. Even though the concrete pole only blocked a small portion of the fire trap (and spike traps trigger damage when they have a concrete pole in the space above them), it apparently stops the fire trap from triggering the fire. As such if I want to use a fire trap I'll make sure it has nothing blocking the space above it (such as concrete poles) in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried searching the forum thread but didn't really find the answer to this.

We are playing Expansion. I took the class Builder. Now I was given a Handsaw to start with but I am unable to see how to reproduce another Handsaw for another Workbench. I've seen posts relating to the Artisan Station but I believe that's in reference to Overhaul. How exactly do we go about finding/crafting another Handsaw?

Thanks!

Can anyone report if the 'Crazed Slasher' is still in Valmod? He used to be, and he dropped legendary weapons. You know the dude, hard to kill, looked like Jason Vorhees with a sack on his head, big slashy knife, creepy noises, moved really fast, killed you quick if you didn't notice him... Anyone??

NRE when opening wooden desk

So somewhat randomly (I think it was working earlier), anytime I go to open the wooden desk I get a Null reference error. I checked and confimred in the blocks.xml and loot.xml to make sure everything matched up with the right values. But for some reason it's still happening. Even tried reinstalling the mod, but to no avail. Any ideas on why this started happening? I'm afraid other lootable containers may start having this issue.

Search for hand in item.xml. Each creater has their own hand item that controls their damage. Change the block damage for each zombie. Some extend off handmaster so you may want to change that as well

I understood half of that. what is handmaster? and is there anyway to see the vanilla values for zombie block damage so i know what ot change them too?

Archived