Sign in to follow this  
Valmar

A16 Valmod Pack

Hey love the Mod..

The only thing I find to be a bit OP are the instant upgradables like reading certain books and things/

Any thought on making them a bit more harder to accomplish?

Was thinking like the bar of soap could only be used when wet.... so need a pool or lake or have it be raining and maybe only a 1 per day use.

Same with the books maybe have a time skip when reading them so that there is a 2 hour jump in time every book read etc.

Things like this to add a bit more than the instant increase in skills.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. It's starting to get annoying. I solved my other issue with the trader settlements not being protected by refreshing all the files from steam, copying over the overhaul mod again and starting a new game so everything is clean. But, I've been having the studdering/jerky movement as well and I've even turned down my graphic settings. The performance issue is starting to make me want to go back to the vanilla game.

im running a customized version of valmod but have never experienced this, are you having this issue hosting a MP game or playing on a public server?

im running a customized version of valmod but have never experienced this, are you having this issue hosting a MP game or playing on a public server?

I'm playing SP. When running around and killing zombies and whatnot, the performance is fine. My issues all happen when I have the inventory window open. For example, I get a ton of rubber banding when trying to drag items. I can't click and drag as fast as I can with vanilla version. With valmod, once I start to drag something, I have to hold it for a second so that it doesn't rubber band back to the original spot before I can move it where I want it to go.

The studdering/jerky movement/rubber banding all happen when I'm in the inventory window only, just to clarify.

I'm assuming you're playing Valmod Overhaul? Make sure you have the mod installed locally or else it will incorrectly say the recipe is locked behind the perk - which doesn't exist in Overhaul.

I just ran into this workbench recipe problem, Valmod is installed thru 7dtd launcher (sphereii). While I can ask the admin to spawn one it doesnt fix the problem if/when I want to start another base. Maybe create an actual recipe book for this bug?

Welp, better late than never I guess. Ahem.

I have first time tryied Valmod Expansion pack with bigger backpack, and I really enjoy it, great job!

I have a question though: I found out, that there are many new skills like minibike skill, which cost 20 points, and after we buy it we are able to make our minibike. I really like this idea, but I am really curious, if I can stiil found minibike book out there, so I can learn how to make minibike without spending 20 points?

Is it possible to change temperature to Celsius?

...and last question, in this mode we are also able to reach only 200lvl or the lvl capacity is increased/disable?

You can still find books to unlock recipes, yes. So you don't HAVE to spend those skill points on it if you don't want to.

To change the temp to celsius you open the console (~ but the key might be different for you, not 100% sure if they changed the default key) and enter this:

settempunit c

Player level cap should be the same as vanilla.

Hi,

I have enough skill points and there is no requirement to purchase ammo crafting perk as shown. But I cannot purchase any of the ammo purchase perk. This happened after I and my friends started playing with valmod. I have also attached the screenshot. How could I solve the problem? Thanks.

Kindest Regards,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22550[/ATTACH]

The image is shrunk down on the forum to an extent that I can't really make out what Im seeing enough for specifics. However if I had to guess since you mentioned playing with friends ensure you all have the same version installed locally. It could be that the server has Overhaul installed and you have vanilla. In vanilla that perk requires a point into gun smithing to purchase - but in Overhaul it does not. There could be overlap if your files aren't the same as the server since it'd be reading two different things.

Tell me which lines are responsible for scrapping books with recipes in survivorNotes.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30751-Survivor-Notes-Experience-and-Recipe-Books&p=736128&viewfull=1#post736128

If you just want to disable it you can change the material of the schematic master back to "paper" instead of "Survivor Notes".

Hi Valmar, A few things I hope you can help me with, items(chainsaw,auger,weapons) are getting repaired but dont loose durabilty? how can i fix that? also the Legendary Chainsaw gives no wood, and the scrap iron axe. Thanks in advance :)

Chainsaw and scrap iron axe I will fix. The matter of not losing durability though? I'm not sure if I can fix that as I don't know what it'd behave that way and the code is rather vanilla for t he most part in this regard - nor can I replicate it.

i found a class case in a treasure map. it talks of a survivor combination on a corpse. How does this work.

Ah the description is a bit outdated atm. You get a survivor's combination from completing the "Survivor's Journal" questline.

Is there a way to craft the blue steel armor that i see in the CM?

Unfortunately no. Maybe one day but at present they're only in the CM.

I'm on Day 13 and have yet to come across Valmod's special zombies. I have Valmod Overhaul installed as well as Horde Edition except entityclasses.xml. Do I need to add something to have the special zombies in game?

It seems that some changes have been made to the spawning system in regards to cities/hubs. I knew of the sleeper zombies but sorta assumed they were additive to the normal roaming hordes found there. Seems they are not. From what I understand, which could be off, hubs do not trigger zombie groups to spawn anymore (though a specific prefab might) and rather now its handled by the gamestages.xml and connected to specific sleeper groups in entitygroups.xml.

Long story short I will add my unique zombies to the list so they should start to appear again. I will try to keep the Brutes locked to late-game gamestages so they don't swamp the player early on.

Wait wait wait... I didn't see the crazed slasher in the zombie list, is he still in the game? That guy literally scared the pee out of me, I hope he's still in the game!

I love the Slasher too and I really hope to bring him back one day. Unfortunately the last alpha update changed some NPC mechanics (which in all fairness were never really meant to be used) so he doesn't quite behave the way he is intended anymore. So until either the NPC system is more stable or another fix is out (maybe some of those NPC modders have found a solution to my problem) he is currently on standby and wont be spawning.

Hi Guys, Hoping you may be able to help. I play on an MP map with my dad and we both run expansion not overhaul. We keep getting the above error whenever we try to make the Working Granite Sink. It's not just this object it's happened on the plumbing kits and the fire traps also when we try to look at them. Has anyone else had this problem at all? I've had a hunt and i can't find a solution for this. Do we need to maybe reinstall the mod?

Ah I see. I will definitely get that fixed - thanks for alerting me.

I have been using parts of this mod for some time, especially the expanded ammo part. In my latest game I took a look at the entity damage of the HP ammo types and it does twice as much dmg as regular ammo. With regular ammo the sniper does 48 entity damage, with HP ammo it does 95. Is this numbers correct?

I tried to reduce the damage from the HP bullets but even if I changed entity damage to "0.1" it still was close to 90. Around 20-30% more damage is great, not 100%, so how can I reduce the damage from this bullets?

Are you certain you're reading it correctly? I just checked and the counter seems to be working right for me. Which is a fresh change since it used to not accurately tell the damage. The damage of the bullet is additive to the gun.

Normal ammo does not deal damage at all, except for the shotgun. For other guns the damage all comes from the parts. Mainly the barrel to be specific. The ammo damage of my added ammo gets added ontop of the damage the barrel does. Also note that the damage further scales according to the player's skill in that gun or relevant perks.

Please excuse me if I have missed something but i've tried several different ways. My question is, is there a way to have swaygate and sirmod on top of valmod with the OLD big back pack mod. I don't honestly like 72 slots. I think its slightly overkill and makes the game no longer such a challenge. However if that's what i have to use its no big deal. I still can't seem to get swaygate to work.

Again excuse me if i'm just missing a mod order or something but i'm pretty sure i was doing them in the correct order because i'm pretty aware of what overwrites what. Thanks for any and all help

I'm not sure what swaygate is nor do I know what the "OLD" big backpack mod refers to in this context. My bigger backpack variant is 45 slots, not 72.

Generally speaking you cannot easily use other UI mods with Valmod. The only kind of mods that are compatible with Valmod are some prefab mods such as compo pack. Even then not all of them are fully compatible.

This is assuming of course the UI mod in question doesn't have a compatible version made for Valmod already. Nor does this mean they can't be made compatible. Just, generally speaking, as a standalone UI mod they won't work as-is with Valmod unless the mod author specifically made it possible.

Hey love the Mod..

The only thing I find to be a bit OP are the instant upgradables like reading certain books and things/

Any thought on making them a bit more harder to accomplish?

Was thinking like the bar of soap could only be used when wet.... so need a pool or lake or have it be raining and maybe only a 1 per day use.

Same with the books maybe have a time skip when reading them so that there is a 2 hour jump in time every book read etc.

Things like this to add a bit more than the instant increase in skills.

To make a bar of soap require you to "wet" it first is not really the easiest thing. While I believe it could be possible I don't believei t would be a very fluid or intuitive system. Limiting it to one-per-day is easier in part though would not translate well into gameplay, imo.

A time-jump or limit on books is not possible through traditional modding. It might be possible with SDX though since I have seen "working" beds done before which make time progress. Though thats far outside my knowledge base - like most good things. Lol.

I just ran into this workbench recipe problem, Valmod is installed thru 7dtd launcher (sphereii). While I can ask the admin to spawn one it doesnt fix the problem if/when I want to start another base. Maybe create an actual recipe book for this bug?

A recipe book alone would not actually resolve this issue.

In Valmod Overhaul the workbench is a free recipe, locked behind nothing. In vanilla it is locked behind a perk. Thus if someone joins an Overhaul server with vanilla files locally their game will think the recipe is locked. Except the server will not have any perk to unlock it and thus will always remain locked. If I made it a book it would still face the same issue. At the end of the day the player must have the mod installed locally to be able to enjoy multiplayer as intended.

*snip*

A recipe book alone would not actually resolve this issue.

In Valmod Overhaul the workbench is a free recipe, locked behind nothing. In vanilla it is locked behind a perk. Thus if someone joins an Overhaul server with vanilla files locally their game will think the recipe is locked. Except the server will not have any perk to unlock it and thus will always remain locked. If I made it a book it would still face the same issue. At the end of the day the player must have the mod installed locally to be able to enjoy multiplayer as intended.

I install VO thru the 7DTD Launcher by sphereii, after that I ran the SDX Lag fix script (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack&p=733753&viewfull=1#post733753) to fix the horrid forge UI lag which is only a minor improvement (mouse still lagging bad, trouble picking up items). So ya everything is installed locally on my PC. If this an issue because of the server, there is no way I can tell where the problem lies. So maybe turn this back into a perk Constructions tools 2 and then separately have it cost 1.

Thanks for the awesome work!

Noticed that the loot.xml in 5.4 still lacks an entry for the "survivorCombination", intended?

The Horde Edition of 5.3 are compatible with the 5.4?

Thanks!

help with valmod

Hi there, my english it's so bad.

I need help with this valmod expansion, i really want use this mod with HUD SMX and bigger pack backpack to 72 slots and minibike to 112 slots. i have this problem, my game stuck in Loading UI screen.

Thank you

Hey Val!

On the Loki Quest, Feast after Famine, I can't get the game to recognize any of the vegetables I pick up. Is "assorted vegetables" a specific item?

Hey Val!

On the Loki Quest, Feast after Famine, I can't get the game to recognize any of the vegetables I pick up. Is "assorted vegetables" a specific item?

my english is bad, you need scrap vegetables and you get assorted vegetables

Hi there, my english it's so bad.

I need help with this valmod expansion, i really want use this mod with HUD SMX and bigger pack backpack to 72 slots and minibike to 112 slots. i have this problem, my game stuck in Loading UI screen.

Thank you

I had the same problem before deciding to go back to the older version of bigger bag/SMX. If I recall correctly you have to install valmod, install SMX original version, then the bag mod, then whichever SMX version you want. Apologies if this doesn't work, I remember trying a lot of different things so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Hey Valmar have a slight issue with boiling an egg it says i need 'Bottled water' which i have in my inventory but it's not in the recipe on the campfire crafting menu.

I tried to use initiative and put a bowl of water in my inventory and in the right hand slot of the camp fire which normally holds the beaker but it still says i'm missing something.

I already have a cooking pot and i did try to use the beaker just in case but nothing seems to work am i just being stupid and over looking something?

I am using the expansion mod.

Hey Val!

Pretty sure it's a Tin/Can of 'Assorted vegetables' similar to what you find chunky meat/unlabelled food in etc.

Good day Valmar

I have a silly question I think ... BUT .. I just started a new game on 9/23/17 .. Overhaul Bigger Backpack .. but in game screen still say's v5.3 ... Which Mod's are 5.4 working with. ??

I'm using the 7D2D mod launcher and it didn't update the game to newer version ... is Overhaul BBackpack not 5.4 yet??

Thank you and enjoy the week

Getting a Game Breaking Error sadly in Multiplayer, and am wondering if anyone has some ideas where i should start my trouble shooting.

some context related info...

I have a BlueFang dedicated MP server, only 4 of us on it. I properly installed Valmod Overhaul + Bigger Backpack.

EAC is disabled (i wont put that Useless, Resource Hog, Lag causing, P.O.S. Rootkit on my PC anyways)

all clients use the Modlauncher (unblocked in windows and ran as admin) to Install the Mod ( I used TeamViewer to personally install the Mod for each player)

whenever i fight a roaming horde of Zeds i now get Completely desyced and cannot recover without exiting and rejoining, we are at day 99, and i'm level 190.

they will appear to be running in place, and while i can kill them on my screen that's just a client to server desync, as i'm not actually doing anything on the server. so i have to disconnect and rejoin.

this is the error i found in the Server Log, and I'm the character (cl=76561198065169094) having the issue

2017-09-24T11:16:11 2082.128 ERR Task_CommWriterSteam (cl=76561198065169094, ch=0):

2017-09-24T11:16:11 2082.129 EXC Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ActiveMultiBuffAttachment].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MultiBuff.WriteBlob (System.IO.BinaryWriter stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageEntityStatsBuff.write (System.IO.BinaryWriter _writer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetConnectionSteam.Task_CommWriter (.TaskInfo _threadInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

NetConnectionSteam:Task_CommWriter(TaskInfo)

ThreadManager:HC(Object)

(Filename: Line: -1)

the last things spawned before my desync according to the log is:

2017-09-24T11:15:47 2058.035 INF BloodMoonParty: spawned zombie 12 for player id 171 the day/time is 98 @ 22:23

2017-09-24T11:15:49 2060.053 INF Spawning bloodmoon zombie from feralHordeStageGS2117

im going to do a delete and fresh install on my client. but i dont quite think its client side.

id be very grateful if anyone has suggestions or some possible causes.

A friend and I are having 'studdering'/'jerky' movement issues from ValMod. Anyone else have this issue? Its in SP & MP.

I'll put up a short clip later :)

Val!

I am running into an issue trying to play on both unmodded and modded servers. The mod keeps locking items away, like a wooden bow, requiring a recipe to create them when the modded server has no such requirement.

I have the 7 days launcher, and even used the "advanced" install that was supposed to seperate modded and non modded save files.

Any wisdom you can shine? I enjoy playing with your mod, but not if it stops me from playing on unmodded pvp servers as well.

Val!

I am running into an issue trying to play on both unmodded and modded servers. The mod keeps locking items away, like a wooden bow, requiring a recipe to create them when the modded server has no such requirement.

I have the 7 days launcher, and even used the "advanced" install that was supposed to seperate modded and non modded save files.

Any wisdom you can shine? I enjoy playing with your mod, but not if it stops me from playing on unmodded pvp servers as well.

Update.

I had the admins delete my character data on the server, deleted the Valmod folder, and I'm STILL unable to make chests or bows. How many places does this mod go?

Expansion Bigger Backpack broken?

i have tried everything i can think of to try to get BBP to work, i downloaded it multiple times, deleted/reloaded 7dtd, even completely wiped/uninstalled/reinstalled steam and everything in its folders, and i can never get bigger bags of any kind with the expansion! Although my computer knowledge is poor i have used all of the tools at my disposal for my skill level and no matter what i try, i can't get the backpack to expand! i have spent HOURS between all the deleting, downloading, installing, and repeating multiple times and nothing works! The expansion works as expected, but no bigger bags. PLEASE help since i have over 25 hours into trying to get this to work, including wiping out a 200+ day savegame (i was tired of it anyway)! i am considering giving up on Valmod all together and just getting a bigger backpack mod that works even though i thoroughly enjoy the added content that expansion adds :(

Edited by savage318 (see edit history)