A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Any possibility of getting some new items?

I absolutely LOVE Valmod and what it's becoming, so I figure I'd throw this out.

How about a Night Vision scope for the sniper rifle, that can only be found in a military facility or military personnel?

Also, maybe have a IR version of the Ranger Hat or Mining Helmet so we can see clearer in buildings when it's pitch black.

Sound plausible?

Having an issue, help?

Hmm. Have Valmod fully installed, and can play it on a server just fine, but I cannot start a single player game without endless NullReferenceErrors, and when it finally gets through(requiring a restart during the process) it ends up as a pure vanilla game.

Unfortunately, I am playing on a Mac, and yeah, I am aware that this probably means no one is going to be able to help me. But I -have- followed all of the instructions I have gathered over every shred of data I could find on 7dtd mods for macs(after days of reading over the forums, tons of searches, etc), and it -has- worked to allow me to play mutliplayer completely successfully with the only remaining bug being the limited Atlas issue resulting in the Valmod specific backpack icons not showing. All other icons still work and apart from that the game works fine. I just can't start a new game at all.

Anyone else run into this on a mac and have any sort of solution? I've dug through every thread I could find on the topic, so please do not link to any existing conversation on macs and mods unless you know it specifically pertains to precisely -this- issue.

Stand-alone Maps Not Working?

Having an issue, help?

Hmm. Have Valmod fully installed, and can play it on a server just fine, but I cannot start a single player game without endless NullReferenceErrors, and when it finally gets through(requiring a restart during the process) it ends up as a pure vanilla game.

Unfortunately, I am playing on a Mac, and yeah, I am aware that this probably means no one is going to be able to help me. But I -have- followed all of the instructions I have gathered over every shred of data I could find on 7dtd mods for macs(after days of reading over the forums, tons of searches, etc), and it -has- worked to allow me to play mutliplayer completely successfully with the only remaining bug being the limited Atlas issue resulting in the Valmod specific backpack icons not showing. All other icons still work and apart from that the game works fine. I just can't start a new game at all.

Anyone else run into this on a mac and have any sort of solution? I've dug through every thread I could find on the topic, so please do not link to any existing conversation on macs and mods unless you know it specifically pertains to precisely -this- issue.

I am playing on a PC with Windows and I am using the Valmod to load in. I am having the same issue.

I do see the files doing their normal red-screen in the console to start which I expect is normal. However, when the game launches, it is vanilla.

Adding Valmod to an already running game

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times, and I searched but can't find a definitive answer:

If i add this (expansion) to my already running game, where I host a server, will it destroy it? Or will we be able to play on and have the added benefit of the mod?

TIA

Ice

Update - Stand-alone Maps Not Working?

I am playing on a PC with Windows and I am using the Valmod to load in. I am having the same issue.

I do see the files doing their normal red-screen in the console to start which I expect is normal. However, when the game launches, it is vanilla.

Update - I re-copied the Valmod Data and Mods folders again (second try) and now now it seems to be working. It is also working for my friend. So nevermind!

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times, and I searched but can't find a definitive answer:

If i add this (expansion) to my already running game, where I host a server, will it destroy it? Or will we be able to play on and have the added benefit of the mod?

TIA

Ice

Ok, scratch that, had to update to 16.3, so decided to put up a local server anyway....meaning a steamcmd server.

Now I have an issue:

Added Valmod to server files in same way as we're instructed to do for the game - drag/drop Data and Mods folders.

Added Valmod to my own game files, in same way as above (made back-up of original Data and Mods folders, just in case)

Now, when I start the server, everything runs i think (my friend says she can join it - but not sure if VALMOD is working yet). Anyway, I now get this error when starting my game and it's loading up:

valerror.thumb.jpg.35bbc09cf4454cec066572db11b983cb.jpg

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Ice

Before I had troubles with my mininghelmet and swat with flashlight and I couldnt find a way to fix it so I started a new game. Everything went fine but when I loaded a save game helmet didnt work again. Is there any file that I can look for to fix it or whats happening. I reinstalled game and have the 16.3 mod on it. I really dont want to play without a working helmet.

Got this error during play.

7_Days_To_Die_2017_09_02_15_38_11_880.png

New game

Single Player

RWG

Valmod Overhaul

Due to using Valmod I am only assuming this could be a Mod issue.

Not really .. It's part game issue .. Are you using the 7D2D mod launcher?? I had the same thing in launcher.

What I did and it worked .. was .. left save file as is .. Deleted mod .. quite launcher .. restarted launcher and reinstalled mod .. And then everything updated for my save game .. AND .. the save game ran fine.

Now don't know if this will work for everyone OR if you might just have to start a New Game.

I'm planning on Starting a New Play-thru with new character anyway ... Because of the RWG issue that everyone else is having .. and I'm only on the Day 21 horde getting ready to start and wanted to see it finished. But after that New Game. I get Bored easy with builds and want to change them.

Anyway ,, All of this is just a thought .. Have Fun and Enjoy .. No worries.

You craft cement in the forge. When it asks for stone it means you need to have X units of stone smelted in the forge. Same way with brass when making shell casings.

OMG! this is what i got for so many time without play... i forget about this.. thank you! and i'll try the new update! =D

Not really .. It's part game issue .. Are you using the 7D2D mod launcher?? I had the same thing in launcher.

What I did and it worked .. was .. left save file as is .. Deleted mod .. quite launcher .. restarted launcher and reinstalled mod .. And then everything updated for my save game .. AND .. the save game ran fine.

Now don't know if this will work for everyone OR if you might just have to start a New Game.

I'm planning on Starting a New Play-thru with new character anyway ... Because of the RWG issue that everyone else is having .. and I'm only on the Day 21 horde getting ready to start and wanted to see it finished. But after that New Game. I get Bored easy with builds and want to change them.

Anyway ,, All of this is just a thought .. Have Fun and Enjoy .. No worries.

Yep I use the launcher. You think I should just apply mod directly ?

I'll give it a shot anyways, thanks for the pointers.

I need some help.......

So I installed this mod on my server. When I opened the server to everyone players were complaining about falling threw the world even when they are on different ends of the map. So I ended up removing the mod and the problem seemed to go away right after I got rid of the mod. So about 5 days after my players said they really loved this mod and would love it to come back. I said ok just let me know if you fall threw the world or any other problems. Well not even 10 mins in and ppl started falling threw the world again and like I stated before we are in different locations on the map.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how do I fix it? I know someone said something about the wiring tool but it was a new server and no one had one of them yet. So I'm trying to figure out what to do cause I'd love to have this mod on my server.

OH forgot to also say that when we thought it was the mod we tried the war of the walkers and then we fell threw the map on that mod too...

Any help would be appreciated

Before I had troubles with my mininghelmet and swat with flashlight and I couldnt find a way to fix it so I started a new game. Everything went fine but when I loaded a save game helmet didnt work again. Is there any file that I can look for to fix it or whats happening. I reinstalled game and have the 16.3 mod on it. I really dont want to play without a working helmet.

Every time you load a game you need to get your helmet off and put it in again to get light to work.

It's been like this forever in Valmod, don't know if it is valmod specific or not but that's the way it works.

Thank you for your hard work.

Unsure where to feedback and Unsure if these have been fixed from 16.2 Mod

- In multiplayer, Medic - Unable to access class quest details.

- When crafting, it briefly shows the word "Test" in the crafting box and sometimes a different picture before changing to the correspondng picture for the item being made.

I need some help.......

So I installed this mod on my server. When I opened the server to everyone players were complaining about falling threw the world even when they are on different ends of the map. So I ended up removing the mod and the problem seemed to go away right after I got rid of the mod. So about 5 days after my players said they really loved this mod and would love it to come back. I said ok just let me know if you fall threw the world or any other problems. Well not even 10 mins in and ppl started falling threw the world again and like I stated before we are in different locations on the map.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how do I fix it? I know someone said something about the wiring tool but it was a new server and no one had one of them yet. So I'm trying to figure out what to do cause I'd love to have this mod on my server.

OH forgot to also say that when we thought it was the mod we tried the war of the walkers and then we fell threw the map on that mod too...

existing save?

If yes, tried a new game?

can you use the land claim block to loot forges and workbenches in the overhaul mod or does it prevent that? I place the landclaim block but it does not let me pick it up.

I'm not sure what you're referring to since I never really used landclaims before. Valmod doesn't really change anything about Land Claim Blocks functionality (other than letting the admin tool turn them into woodframes) so if its something that can be done in vanilla then you'd be able to do it in Valmod.

Good Morning Valmar

Is Overhaul Bigger Backpack still in the works or is that A 16.3 ready .. Just wondering.

Opp's I almost forgot .. Have they been updated in the 7D2D Mod Launcher ?????

Thank you and Enjoy the weekend

Yes, the Bigger Backpack was updated also to work with A16.3

I'm not sure about Mod Launcher. From what I understand the download link the Mod Launcher uses is the main github download link. Which should mean that it will always download the latest version of the mod when you tell it to download. However I could be wrong.

I absolutely LOVE Valmod and what it's becoming, so I figure I'd throw this out.

How about a Night Vision scope for the sniper rifle, that can only be found in a military facility or military personnel?

Also, maybe have a IR version of the Ranger Hat or Mining Helmet so we can see clearer in buildings when it's pitch black.

Sound plausible?

I do think it would be possible but I don't think it would be very practical in regards to the gun.

Ok, scratch that, had to update to 16.3, so decided to put up a local server anyway....meaning a steamcmd server.

Now I have an issue:

Added Valmod to server files in same way as we're instructed to do for the game - drag/drop Data and Mods folders.

Added Valmod to my own game files, in same way as above (made back-up of original Data and Mods folders, just in case)

Now, when I start the server, everything runs i think (my friend says she can join it - but not sure if VALMOD is working yet). Anyway, I now get this error when starting my game and it's loading up:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22519[/ATTACH]

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Ice

You'll know if Valmod is on the server or not because the UI will be heavily modified from vanilla. No mistaking it.

As for the error, Im not sure how such an error could be possible with Valmod. The error it points to is a file that Valmod does not touch. Have you ever had an SDX mod installed or some texture mods? That could have been the issue. Either way the solution to this should be pretty straight-forward.

Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Reinstall Valmod (manually, incase you were using a launcher, just to ensure nothing goes wrong)

That should fix it.

The mining helmet is unchanged from vanilla so any oddities it has is likely a vanilla issue.

In regards to the other "light" helmets have you tried taking them off and putting them back on? That sometimes fixes them. Though I've never heard of them not working before - the only issue I've heard of before was that the light will sometimes misaligned itself.

Also ensure you're not wearing LED goggles. They can overlap with the function key to turn on the helmet since they both trigger light sources and can cancel each other out.

I need some help.......

Other than what I mentioned in the PM since you said it happens on other mods aswell maybe its an issue of the server not having enough memory allotted to it. Or maybe the server has not been properly overwriting the files and installing the mod correctly. If you're using FTP like filezilla I've found that it can sometimes do this. What I like to do to "force" it to work is to manually delete the server's config folder and then put in the one from the mod. That way there is nothing to overwrite (since the original isn't there anymore) and nothing stops the transfer.

Just a thought.

Thank you for your hard work.

Unsure where to feedback and Unsure if these have been fixed from 16.2 Mod

- In multiplayer, Medic - Unable to access class quest details.

- When crafting, it briefly shows the word "Test" in the crafting box and sometimes a different picture before changing to the correspondng picture for the item being made.

The medic quest issue I believe I see the issue and will quickly fix that in a hidden hotfix right now. Thank you.

Pretty sure the "Test" thing is just a vanilla issue. Likely more apt to appear in modded sicne I have so many more recipes and it takes longer for them to all load in compared to vanilla.

Yes, the Bigger Backpack was updated also to work with A16.3

I'm not sure about Mod Launcher. From what I understand the download link the Mod Launcher uses is the main github download link. Which should mean that it will always download the latest version of the mod when you tell it to download. However I could be wrong.

This is correct. As long as you keep updating the github location, it'll always be up to date

Every time you load a game you need to get your helmet off and put it in again to get light to work.

It's been like this forever in Valmod, don't know if it is valmod specific or not but that's the way it works.

I've tried all that, took it off, dropped on floor, took it from box but nothing helps. First time after loading I press "f" and hear that click but no light, after that nothing, not even that clicky sound.

Also ensure you're not wearing LED goggles. They can overlap with the function key to turn on the helmet since they both trigger light sources and can cancel each other out.

OMG, heres the culprit, thank you so much. Its weird that problem comes only after I load the game...I think.

I have first time tryied Valmod Expansion pack with bigger backpack, and I really enjoy it, great job!

I have a question though: I found out, that there are many new skills like minibike skill, which cost 20 points, and after we buy it we are able to make our minibike. I really like this idea, but I am really curious, if I can stiil found minibike book out there, so I can learn how to make minibike without spending 20 points?

Is it possible to change temperature to Celsius?

...and last question, in this mode we are also able to reach only 200lvl or the lvl capacity is increased/disable?

Archived