A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi,

Just to tell you that valmod's working fine on MAC OS when playing on a dedicated server with backpack mod.

If you want to play with everything on a dedi server or SP Game without BACKPACK mod, you need to follow the 1 to 5 steps. ATM, the 6th step only works on DEDI Server with BACKPACK mod.

1 - Download valmod OVERHAUL master archive

2 - Then in steam, use the 7days to die launcher, disable EAC and go to "open game folder"

3 - Do a copy of 7days to die main folder

4 - In VALMOD OVERHAUL ARCHIVE, firstly copy the "MODS" folder inside the main 7days to die folder. It is placed next to "7 days to die" package. SMX and VALMOD icons must stayed inside "MODS" folder.

5 - In VALMOD OVERHAUL ARCHIVE, then open "DATA/PREFABS" folder. Never, but never, replace directly the folder. You need to select every files then copy it into 7DAYS TO DIE (PACKAGE)/ DATA/PREFABS.

Then open "DATA/CONFIG' folder from the archive, copy every files EXCEPTED "Xui.xml", "Xui" (folder) and "Xui_Menu" (folder) and copy it into the same folder into the 7DAYS TO DIE (PACKAGE) / DATA / CONFIG

(do a copy at this step of the main 7 days to die folder)

6 - "FACULTATIVE" At least, copy the "Assembly_csharp.DLL" from VALMOD ARCHIVE inside bigger backpack mod and replace the one inside "7DAYS TO DIE (package)/CONTENTS/RESSOURCES/DATA/MANAGED/". It works if the dedicated server use the bigger back pack mod with 45 slots. If the dedicated server don't use the same file, replace it by the correct one from the BIGGER BACKPACK MOD.

To make the backpack working on a SP game, you need to replace the windows config file. But in other cases, never replace the xml files. The one from the archive is only good for WINDOWS not good for OSX, neither the one from "XUI_MAC" archive(they are not compatible with newer versions of the game i guess). I looked into the windows.xml on mac and i just think it'll be working modifying the original one with the instructions from HAL9000 and Cie. I'll try later and tell you if it works.

It should still be possible, though the process is a tad wonky. Anyone who has ever used the High-Powered Scoped Sniper should know what I mean.

Still, I might add it in at some point.

Mac for as long as I've been here has been a strange and elusive beast when it comes to modding, carrying its own unique quirks and oddities that I don't understand. Since I don't have a Mac myself Im not able to really work on any of its issues, unfortunately.

Overhaul or Expansion?

Try taking the minibike completely apart then rebuilding it - that sometimes helps.

This bug can happen if the player does not have the mod installed locally. They need to have the same version of the mod that the server uses (expansion or overhaul) installed locally.

Honestly I'm not sure if that is possible as I never tinkered with the electricity. I somehow doubt it since from what little I've seen it appears to only turn things from an "off" to "on" state. Whereass the oven would have to be changed from a workstation to a non-workstation. I really doubt it would be able to do that. Though again I haven't really tried either since I haven't had the time to experiment.

Just to be sure, you don't have to move any file around to make the extended minibike storage to work right? I don't remember having to do so in A15 but I could be wrong.

Valmod on mac with a16

I was able to get the overhaul to work on a15 with the helpful post from narimbur. Still, after trying everything I can think of (I am not a programmer or a modder) I can't seem to get it to work with a16. I think they changed something in the file structure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really love to run the pack on my mac version of 7d2d. Thanks!

Not sure if been here already but Flagstone wedge corner full bottom and some other flagstone wedges gives 600 stones back when scrap stack of 4. Not sure if this happens on vanilla but in Overhaul 5.25 noticed this.

EDIT. Most of flagstone blocks seems to return 150 stone per block.

Adding mods

Is there a way to add others mods to run WITH this mod? Like a seperate mod for extra zombies and maybe a texture pack that makes the zombies more gruesome. I love Valmod, just wanted some added features to it.

Or is it a case of running one mod or the other and not being able to team up mods.

Valmar, the fuel log appears to be burning for less time than the amount of wood that goes into it's creation. I'm thinking it's a hold over from TFP increasing the burn value of wood. Love your modpack, keep up the good work.

Aloe cream does not show in the recipe list in the crafting menu, unless you do a specific search for it. It's there, it works, just not in recipe menu under food or science lists where you'd expect to find it.

Only thing I've found so far...great job on the transition to A16!! THX!!

The steel chestplate and steel leg armor weren't assigned a mesh property so when you equip them they just disappear.

<item id="1710" name="steelChestplate">
	<property name="Extends" value="scrapChestArmor"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="scrapChestArmor"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="696B67"/>
	<property name="Degradation" value="270" param1="true"/>
	<property name="RepairTools" value="forgedSteel"/>
	<property class="Attributes">
		<property name="ConcussiveProtection" value="0.4, 0.9"/>
		<property name="PunctureProtection" value="0.4, 0.6"/>
		<property name="FireProtection" value="0.05, 0.2"/>
		<property name="RadiationProtection" value="0.05, 0.2"/>
		<property name="DegradationMax" value="40,600"/>
	</property>
	<property class="UMA">
		<property name="Overlay0" value="gear_swat_helmet"/>
		<property name="Layer" value="2"/>
		<property name="UISlot" value="ChestArmor"/>
	</property>
</item>

should be

<item id="1710" name="steelChestplate">
	<property name="Extends" value="scrapChestArmor"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="scrapChestArmor"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="696B67"/>
	<property name="Degradation" value="270" param1="true"/>
	<property name="RepairTools" value="forgedSteel"/>
	<property class="Attributes">
		<property name="ConcussiveProtection" value="0.4, 0.9"/>
		<property name="PunctureProtection" value="0.4, 0.6"/>
		<property name="FireProtection" value="0.05, 0.2"/>
		<property name="RadiationProtection" value="0.05, 0.2"/>
		<property name="DegradationMax" value="40,600"/>
	</property>
	<property class="UMA">
		[color="#B22222"]<property name="Mesh" value="armor_iron_chest"/>[/color]
		<property name="Overlay0" value="armor_iron_chest"/>
		<property name="Layer" value="3"/>
		<property name="UISlot" value="ChestArmor"/>
	</property>
</item>

I changed a bit of the code for the armor for SP use and personal taste for the looks but the red text is what was missing. Hope this helps

Is there a way to add others mods to run WITH this mod? Like a seperate mod for extra zombies and maybe a texture pack that makes the zombies more gruesome. I love Valmod, just wanted some added features to it.

Or is it a case of running one mod or the other and not being able to team up mods.

Yes, I just gone and done that.

Check zombie texture thread, instructions on how to merge with Mod Launcher in there.

Compo pk files needed for dedicated server.

We are currently using Blue Fang, they hooked us up with a Valmod overhaul but had no clue what the compo pack was which is what we'd really like to use. What do we need to provide for them ? Any links would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Don't know if this is a bug with Val or normal. I'm using overhaul and started to paint. I noticed I don't use any of the paint.

I play with Overhaul and it uses Paint but i had this bug in Vanilla 7 Days to Die that it didnt use Paint at all. So i guess its a maingame Bug not a Mod one.

Archived