A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hello guys. I have a question. Even stopped my game from updating until I get the answer.

I host a server for me and my friends. We use Valmod Extension Pack on this server, with the option "Persistent profiles" checked. Since several mod itens are on our inventory and on storages, if I update my game, this server will still be playable?

We really do not want to start again since we spent so much time playing on this server of mine.

Is there a way to update the game and still play on my server that was started using the mod?

PS.: Sorry for any eventual mistakes with my english, it is not my native language.

Is there a way to update the game and still play on my server that was started using the mod?

Saves from A15 are experiencing a lot of problems when upgrading to A16 even without mods. The devs recommend simply starting a new world to avoid any issues.

My suggestion to you would be to hold off on updating until you are done with the game you and your friends are currently playing. Not only because your saves might not work in A16, but also because Valmod itself has not been updated to A16 yet. So, even starting a new game with Valmod in A16 might cause you some problems.

Waiting

Anyone planning to update to A16 at this point .... SHOULD START A NEW GAME

Modders are still updating their mods for A16 ..... Just a Thought and be smart

Well i'm going to wait, i don't want to get invested in a Vanilla game then Valmod releases his...cause i know i'll want to start a new one with that. So...just patiently waiting. Hopefully he will give a ballpark ETA on how long it will be. Everyone loves Valmod.

Is anyone else having issues playing A16 with this mod? I have used it for a long time and always thought it was great and Valmar's support was also awesome. I tried applying the mod today and recieved a bunch of errors and couldn't load the game. Help would be appreciated.

Im having an issue as well. I tried deleting my server, base game and saves to get a fresh install a couple times now but always have the same result. I can make the server and load but when i try to open the case from the class recipe after its unlocked I get an error and cannot access the case. I even destroyed the case and saw the backpack but couldn't interact with it.

I love the mod too so thats why I keep trying to make it work vs just playing the base game. I am using the version for A16 Experimental.

It's cool

A16 experimental .... EXPERIMENTAL .. That is why it is called that. THIS IS BASED on A15.2/16 framework

GIVE THEM ( The Modders ) A Chase to convert guys .. It's not going to kill you to wait a couple of days.

I hear you man...it takes time. Everyone is just eager i'm sure. Val is awesome, i'm sure he's doin his best.

your using the wrong one.. download this https://github.com/LordValmar/Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental/archive/master.zip .. while it may not be 138 fully ive been running it since stable and no issues

Thanks for the link, i'll prolly just play it safe and wait for his A16 Stable up date. Mess around on another game till then or something. Thank you though : )

GIVE THEM ( The Modders ) A Chase to convert guys .. It's not going to kill you to wait a couple of days.

yes... yes it will! :D Waiting impatiently :) But I'd rather it be right than fast ... although fast and right would be awesome.

Valmar has been absent for more than 3 weeks by the forum.

His last post in this thread was a week ago. I'm sure he's just taking care of real life stuff. Either that or converting the experimental version to stable is taking a while. Either way it'll be done when it's done.

I downloaded this one and it just sticks at "loading items" when I boot up the game

If it's mp do a full wipe if it's sp there's a launcher setting to do a clean wipe. Check the output log in the 7 days data folder and see if you see errors or hit f1 while game is loading and look for red errors

If it's mp do a full wipe if it's sp there's a launcher setting to do a clean wipe. Check the output log in the 7 days data folder and see if you see errors or hit f1 while game is loading and look for red errors

I figured it out. There was a comment in the progression.xml that had an extra "--" where it shouldn't be. Was causing a load error.

A16 experimental .... EXPERIMENTAL .. That is why it is called that. THIS IS BASED on A15.2/16 framework

Damn dude take it easy. We weren't complaining at all. We were just checking to see if others were experiencing the same problem. If you noticed I also commented on how awesome Valmar has been.

- - - Updated - - -

your using the wrong one.. download this https://github.com/LordValmar/Valmod-Overhaul-Experimental/archive/master.zip .. while it may not be 138 fully ive been running it since stable and no issues

Thank you I will check it out. I already started a vanilla game yesterday. Do you know if this is the overhaul version or the update version? I'd like to keep my current game.

So far the only issue I've found is the Construction tools, and Weapons perks aren't showing up. So I can't craft any tools or weapons passed 25 quality. Not sure if this is intended or that the skills are unlocked/found in the world through looting skill books. Couldn't find any documentation supporting that though. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Actually there's quite a few skills not showing up. Fletching, archery, master archer, assault rifles. Hopefully they're gated and show up later. Or else this is a bug

I quickly scanned, and don't think he was able to post here, so figured I would share.

If you havent, you should subscribe to Valmod Steam Group

Valmod Delayed

JULY 15 - VALMAR

Hello everyone. I'm sorry for my recent hiatus but due to some life complications I have not been able to use my main pc. I just noticed 7 days updated but unfortunately I will not be able to update until I can get things settled. Even leaving this notice is really a hassle, as is any comments at this time. As such, until I settle matters I will be silent. Hopefully things will be back in order early next month.

Deepest apologies to Valmod players, I know this is frustrating news to hear. I will do my best to take care of things as quickly as possible.

Cordially, Valmar

Source: Here

Archived