A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

:C

Hello, i just installed lastest experimental version B119 of the game, and copied mods, data, .gitattributes and .gitignore from B119 experimental build of mod into game folder overwriting all files. I tried to launch game, and during loading items i got error masseges:

292299615_Beztytu322u.thumb.jpg.bbb225f5fe045c3960d4431c9e61366c.jpg

Any ideas how to fix it? :p

Hello, i just installed lastest experimental version B119 of the game, and copied mods, data, .gitattributes and .gitignore from B119 experimental build of mod into game folder overwriting all files. I tried to launch game, and during loading items i got error masseges:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21247[/ATTACH]

Any ideas how to fix it? :p

Would be easier to just post the error, I cannot quite make out what the error is saying.

Your Error is in blocks.xml, looks like "BlockShapeW????.xml" no Shape Class? I think is what is says? no clue need a better screen shot.

Would be easier to just post the error, I cannot quite make out what the error is saying.

Your Error is in blocks.xml, looks like "BlockShapeW????.xml" no Shape Class? I think is what is says? no clue need a better screen shot.

Sorry, I had no idea that quality got so bad. :p

ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (No shape class 'BlockShapeWedged60Full' found)

ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

ERR at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'campfire' in use_action!/ at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadForm (DynamicProperities _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (XmlFile _xmlFile) in <filename unknown>:0

ERR at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadForm (DynamicProperities _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!

Things i tried:

-Verified integrity of game in Steam.

-Completly deleted game (with saves, settings) and re-downloaded it.

Edit: I deleted everything once again (Including zipped Valmod - I haven't thought about this before), re-downloaded, and somehow it worked.

I can play 7d2d with Valmod again! Weee! :D

Thank you Valmar for every minute you spent in making this amazing mod. ;)

Hi Val, workbench dismantle using wrench gives forged irons. Recipes uses nails

this was a vanilla thing and he didnt change it to pickup. in the blocks.xml

look for

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapIron" count="200" tool_category="harvestingTools"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="20" tool_category="harvestingTools"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="forgedIron" count="10" tool_category="Disassemble"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="mechanicalParts" count="8" tool_category="Disassemble"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="20" tool_category="Disassemble"/>
<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>

change to

<drop event="Harvest" name="" count="0" tool_category="Disassemble" />
<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
<drop event="Destroy" name="workbench" count="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

I am not on A16 I rather keep it out of experimental mode on my server but I noticed from logging out to logging back in some items disappear....I'll try to keep you posted but what is the best way to keep you informed to bugs etc? chat or on forum?:satellite:

Whatever way is easier for you, really. You can report bugs here or you can report bugs in the Valmod steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/valmod/discussions

Again whichever is easier for you.

Trying this now, not sure why you took the time to remove several of the new requirements for some craft items, but I love your stuff. Will report any issues I run into.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I set it up right, for archery it says I have to be lv 10 in order to create a wood bow. but creating arrows only gives fetching xp now bow xp as far as i can tell.

Restarting in new map as I didnt get the profession stuff either.

I'm not sure what craft items you're referring to. If you're more specific I can explain the rational behind each change/decision. Not to say its impossible for me to simply overlook something but for the most part every change is for a specific purpose towards a desired goal of some description.

Archery is only leveled in Overhaul by using bows/crossbows (or spend skill points or read skill books). Making arrows does not make you a better archer - it just makes you better at making arrows. The higher your skill as a fletcher the more advanced arrows/bolts you can craft. This is all by design.

See here: Wiki:Fletching

The re-arrangement of starting quests doesn't appear to be setting the counter right it went from 2 to 5 then 3 then 5 again then 7, each is a different quest but the naming appears to be off.

Step 7 starting a base requires you to create wood frame but you haven't received any points yet so you can not buy the wood frame skill.

The quest localization (what happens the names and such) still has yet to be modified to reflect these changes, hence why the numbering is wrong. I won't be touching that until A16 goes stable as that file is a bit of a mess to keep updated when the Pimps are still adjusting it with each update.

Valmar, could you post this information on first page of this forum thread for easy scan changes on your work result?

I will. Though for future reference do note that the steam group is a worth joining if you wish to be kept informed of such things:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/valmod

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum so I apologize for any ignorance on my part . I have the newest version of Valmod for Alpha 16 and I can't figure out how to unlock the scrap iron pickaxe in skills. You used to be able to make them right out of the gate so to speak. Any help would be appreciated.

In Expansion Pack they were free from the start. In Overhaul, however, they've always required Scavenging level 10.

In regards to the Horde Edition, is there a way to turn on the climbing zombies? Seems a bit cheesy if you turn it off.

Yes, that should be simple enough. Open the entityclasses.xml (Data/Config folder)

Find the entityclass "zombie01".

Find this property:

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false" />

Change the "false" to "true".

You will have to do this on a few other zombies as well. Just search the file for the line:

<property name="CanClimbLadders" value="false" />

And change the value to true on any entity that is a zombie you want to climb. I will make this easier in the future by ensuring they all extend the property from zombie01 so you dont have to change so many. But for now you just change the ones you come across. It should take more than three minutes.

Hi, does the bigger bagpack mod not works with the latest experimental?

I had extracted to both client and server for the bigger backpack files

QUOTE2:

Hi Val, workbench dismantle using wrench gives forged irons. Recipes uses nails

Quote1:

If you download the latest experimental build I provide, yes. It should come with a Bigger Backpack Mod folder which has everything you need. I haven't been able to test it on a server but it works as intended in single player. Be aware that you need a new game to get full effect. If your character has already joined the map previously the game will not remember the new inventory slots. So ensure the player and the server both have it installed BEFORE the player ever joins the world.

QUOTE2:

The harvest is vanilla. The recipe using nails is unique to Valmod, though. That is an intentional change. Also getting nails is not difficult. You can go break a cupboard, a table or even bash in the walls of some homes and get enough nails to make the workbench. Certainly easier than the vanilla recipe at any rate.

quicker crafting doesnt show awarding autowall recipes in skill menu

autowall concrete grows forever LOL .. easy to build a skyscraper but...

In A15 or experimental A16?

Hi Valmar, how to use the latest experimental release and bigger backpack patch with 7D2D Mod Launcher ?

I cannot figure how to make the launcher extract the backpack patch on the right folder...

I don't even know how to use the mod launcher. :)

At the risk of sounding like an ass, have you considered just installing the mod manually? Its honestly not that difficult. Its just a drag-and-drop process.

hey Val if i want to make your backpack mod bigger do i just edit the window file or do i need to edit anything else also?

If only it was so easy. Making the backpack larger requires a unique custom assembly-csharp.dll file mod to match the amount of slots you add. You would also likely need to readjust the entire UI to scale it accordingly to ensure everything visually fits. Increasing inventory size is not a casual thing. UI modification in general I would even say is in its own league of complexity in modding.

Valmod comes with its own Bigger Backpack optional install that you can opt to use. It increases the bag space to 45 slots. If you need more than this then you'd have to look into modding assembly-csharp.dll and the windows.xml to get sizes correct.

Valmar, a16 experimental on the autowalls.. they will literally go up and up till max limit which if i remember right is like 165? anyways while not a valmod bug and not worth reporting as they dont accept bug reports from mods atm.. if you break the bottom layer of that 165+ wall only half falls

edit: honestly, i looked at the xml between a15 and a16 and they look identical so i can only assume this was a mechanic that got changed by TFP so unless we can get a dev to look at it ( and since they arent worried about mods atm so i doubt it ) not much can really do about it

Valmar, a16 experimental on the autowalls.. they will literally go up and up till max limit which if i remember right is like 165? anyways while not a valmod bug and not worth reporting as they dont accept bug reports from mods atm.. if you break the bottom layer of that 165+ wall only half falls

edit: honestly, i looked at the xml between a15 and a16 and they look identical so i can only assume this was a mechanic that got changed by TFP so unless we can get a dev to look at it ( and since they arent worried about mods atm so i doubt it ) not much can really do about it

Aye. There is a reason I removed them from A16. You can't craft them and they're only in the cheat menu. I haven't removed the block code (yet) because I was curious to see if they work once release hits. Though I dont have hopes on it.

Here is an idea that stems from an email from Loki. Any thoughts?

Gun recipes broken into perks. Example below.

Gun Smithing Perk =

governs the quality/repair degradation of all guns.

Gun Smithing: Pistol Perk =

Multiple stage. Each stage unlocks new recipe (pistol, pistol silenced, magnum, magnum silenced). Each rank requires a certain level of Gun Smithing perk and Pistols skill.

So to unlock Pistol recipe you need level 20 in pistols, level 1 in Gun Smithing and level 1 in Gun Smithing: Pistol Perk.

Feedback welcomed.

Sorry, I had no idea that quality got so bad. :p

ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (No shape class 'BlockShapeWedged60Full' found)

ERR at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'campfire' in use_action!/ at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadForm (DynamicProperities _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ERR at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadForm (DynamicProperities _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!

Things i tried:

-Verified integrity of game in Steam.

-Completly deleted game (with saves, settings) and re-downloaded it.

Edit: I deleted everything once again (Including zipped Valmod - I haven't thought about this before), re-downloaded, and somehow it worked.

I can play 7d2d with Valmod again! Weee! :D

Thank you Valmar for every minute you spent in making this amazing mod. ;)

I'm getting the same error.

Thank you!

Omg thank you. I've been going from 15.2 with starvation to alpha 16 vanilla and now will also be playing Valmod experimental on a16.

I've been renaming folders every time I want to switch. Lol. This is gong to save me hours.

You would be correct my good sir. I use different .exe for all the mods I play to hopefully keep from having a conflict. Your suggestion of putting it in Steam as a non-Steam game worked perfectly. Thanks for the advice!

If you download the latest experimental build I provide, yes. It should come with a Bigger Backpack Mod folder which has everything you need. I haven't been able to test it on a server but it works as intended in single player. Be aware that you need a new game to get full effect. If your character has already joined the map previously the game will not remember the new inventory slots. So ensure the player and the server both have it installed BEFORE the player ever joins the world.

= Yup, I use Valmod for quite some time and had extracted the bigger bagpack for both client and server. Also new game cause long time never played.

QUOTE2:

The harvest is vanilla. The recipe using nails is unique to Valmod, though. That is an intentional change. Also getting nails is not difficult. You can go break a cupboard, a table or even bash in the walls of some homes and get enough nails to make the workbench. Certainly easier than the vanilla recipe at any rate.

= I thought u might want to change the drop to nails or scrap irons as it makes it easy to get forged irons :x

Autowall Water interaction

Is there a way to let autowall blocks work underwater?

It seems like they count as plants to some degree, and plants aren't allowed to be placed or grow underwater. I've been trying to speed up making a bridge across a stretch of water with them and I've been unable to find any way to circumvent their plant classification in the block.xml. If you could help point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Greetings. I would have had the update out sooner but my AC went out yesterday so I was stuck doing some busy work. Let me tell you, living in the deep south (yeehaw spit banjo) is hot. Like, very hot. I hear some of my distant friends complain about "hot" temperatures like "oh man its so hot its 75 out here!" and I'm full of envy because out here thats "comfortable AC weather". 90-100 is normal out here. Its 80 on the "cool" days, a blessing.

Ah, but enough of my whining. I have been working on the update on-and-off whenever things cool down. Just dont like being near the PC for too long at present because frankly the room with the PC seems to be the hottest room in the house. :)

Anyone have issues with Valmod making the random gen maps just full out mountains and roads that go down cliff faces etc?

rwgmixer.xml - the file that controls random world generation, is actually left vanilla in Valmod. As in I don't touch it. However the world turns out in random gen is purely on the hands of the vanilla base game, I don't touch that area.

I'm getting the same error.

Sounds like you're using the wrong file on the wrong version.

If you're playing 7DTD Experimental Build make sure you are absolutely using the Valmod Experimental build as it only works on the 7DTD Experimental branch. Redownload ithe Valmod Experimental build to also ensure you have the latest up-to-date version.

If you're playing stable 7DTD (A15.2 at the time of posting this) then DON'T USE the Valmod Experimental build - instead use the stable build provided from one of the Download Buttons on the first post.

As long as you do this you should not be getting this error as this error comes from having an incompatible version of the blocks.xml file on the wrong version of the game.

= Yup, I use Valmod for quite some time and had extracted the bigger bagpack for both client and server. Also new game cause long time never played.

= I thought u might want to change the drop to nails or scrap irons as it makes it easy to get forged irons :x

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work then. Bigger Backpack functions fine for me. Are you using a dedicated server or a hosted server? Not all hosted servers allow modding the assembly-csharp.dll file so while you might think you installed it on the server it may not had actually "took". Gameservers, for example, I don't believe let you mod that file so even if you transfer it in filezilla it won't actually overwrite it.

Ah, you meant the harvest drop of workbench should be changed to reflect what is used to craft it. I understand now. Yes, that is a fair point. I will do that. Thank you.

Valmod Overhaul Experimental B129

This experimental build should function on the A16 Experimental build of 7DTD. However, do note, that it is experimental for a reason. A16 made many changes so even though loading the mod may not show any obvious problems there might be a few hiccups here and there that only show up from actual playtesting. This includes item/block descriptions which may not reflect the changes in Valmod at the moment.

For anyone willing to give it a try please report any inconsistency or bugs that I need to address. Thank you.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work then. Bigger Backpack functions fine for me. Are you using a dedicated server or a hosted server? Not all hosted servers allow modding the assembly-csharp.dll file so while you might think you installed it on the server it may not had actually "took". Gameservers, for example, I don't believe let you mod that file so even if you transfer it in filezilla it won't actually overwrite it.

Ah, you meant the harvest drop of workbench should be changed to reflect what is used to craft it. I understand now. Yes, that is a fair point. I will do that. Thank you.

I am running dedicated on my own PC. It does works fine on single player. I suppose a server specific file is required. Thanks for updating the game so promptly even for experimental build :)

Hey Valmer, I wanted to let you know that with fuel logs, just 40 wood burns longer then 1 fuel log. The wood cost for a fuel log is 40 wood so there is no reason to make a fuel log. If this is the way it is supposed to work that's fine. I just wanted to give you a heads up

Upgrading anything wood (blocks/doors/hatches) takes regular wood as opposed to requiring carpenter kits in order to upgrade with it seems.

Also not sure if this is by design or not but wooden doors are hand craftable instead of requiring the bench and bedrolls are still 20 plant fiber instead of the original 20 cloth like the 15.2 build had done. (Just little changes I was used to that added an interesting layer of difficulty.)

Archived