A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Getting a console error when trying to place campfire in basic survivel quest.

ERR Task_CommWriterRPC (ch=0)

AugumentException: The requested value 'tutorialTipQuest03' was not found

this sounds like an issue Guppy had on his server.

Replacing the Quest Localization txt file seemed to fix it.

How do I install the bigger backpacks?

So, how do I install the bigger backpacks?

I've simply redownloaded the mod, tried both 15.0 and 15.1- once I install the bigger backpack mod over the valmod (which works) the same way I install the valmod pack, the game gives me a grey/black screen upon starting up (pre-menu)

Edit: also- can I combine it again with the CHS? A while back I've downloaded a version with no special zombies and increased amounts of zombies, I think posted by you somewhere in the comments. This was on my old pc, I think on alpha 14.something

Color me stupid but where is the update for Valmod ?

I played this mod a few weeks ago and was thoroughly enjoying it when it kicked me out, when I logged back into the game, I was staring a new game yet my base and all the outside I had previously lit with torches still burning was there, all my stuff was inside but not mine and I was having to pick a new starting character so did and was able to access my old stuff but was annoyed I would have to re-do all the perks etc again so I quit and deleted the game, went back to vanilla 7DTD, but after a couple of weeks kept thinking of how good some of the Valmod Overhaul was until it kicked me out, so decided to try it again.

This time I have gotten Blacksmithing and miscellenious crafting to 100 and many other perks over 50, was doing really well before I looged off, came back hours later to continue enjoying Valmod now the game won't start, I get the desert screen backdrop up then after half a screon of white writing then 2 lines of red writing 1 of white 2 red 1 white over and over again, I press close it goes off then come back soon after.

I can only get out of this screen by ctrl alt delete and task manager so figure you must have done another update but I have searched this thread and simply can't find where your update is, as I said color me stupid but I can't seem to find it.

Please help as I am enjoying your mod very much, my steam account shows I have played 7DTD for over 3400 hours and this is the first time I have been unable to find an update, I have reinstalled Valmod Overhaul twice and stll the same thing, white writing then red over and over.

Thanks in advance for your help and reply.

do you have the game version A15.1? and might need a "clean" install of mod over vanila. might have some files corrupt or errored out in some way. Save you game ave "i forget where it is sorry" then reinstall game then mod. My best guess atm. i havent used brand new A15.1 version but didnt have issues earlier today. Going to update in sec actually so we see :-)

EDIT: opps ment to say the link on first page is always up todate on current version of mod. so go to page one and can get patched new version :-)

So, how do I install the bigger backpacks?

I've simply redownloaded the mod, tried both 15.0 and 15.1- once I install the bigger backpack mod over the valmod (which works) the same way I install the valmod pack, the game gives me a grey/black screen upon starting up (pre-menu)

Edit: also- can I combine it again with the CHS? A while back I've downloaded a version with no special zombies and increased amounts of zombies, I think posted by you somewhere in the comments. This was on my old pc, I think on alpha 14.something

The bigger backpack was not immediately compatible at the time of the update. It could be you downloaded it before it was updated. Redownlaod it now and try again to see if that helps. Bigger backpack should be in working order now, thanks to Stallionsden.

Can you combine it with CHS? Well, no. CHS is its own mod. It would need to have its backpack size increased in the windows.xml.

It is pretty easy to do, though, and you can find the guide for it here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?56082-Mod-Resource-45-Slot-Backpack

If however you mean is it compatible with Valmod Horde Edition, which is not the same as CHS, then yes, it is.

Color me stupid but where is the update for Valmod ?

I played this mod a few weeks ago and was thoroughly enjoying it when it kicked me out, when I logged back into the game, I was staring a new game yet my base and all the outside I had previously lit with torches still burning was there, all my stuff was inside but not mine and I was having to pick a new starting character so did and was able to access my old stuff but was annoyed I would have to re-do all the perks etc again so I quit and deleted the game, went back to vanilla 7DTD, but after a couple of weeks kept thinking of how good some of the Valmod Overhaul was until it kicked me out, so decided to try it again.

This time I have gotten Blacksmithing and miscellenious crafting to 100 and many other perks over 50, was doing really well before I looged off, came back hours later to continue enjoying Valmod now the game won't start, I get the desert screen backdrop up then after half a screon of white writing then 2 lines of red writing 1 of white 2 red 1 white over and over again, I press close it goes off then come back soon after.

I can only get out of this screen by ctrl alt delete and task manager so figure you must have done another update but I have searched this thread and simply can't find where your update is, as I said color me stupid but I can't seem to find it.

Please help as I am enjoying your mod very much, my steam account shows I have played 7DTD for over 3400 hours and this is the first time I have been unable to find an update, I have reinstalled Valmod Overhaul twice and stll the same thing, white writing then red over and over.

Thanks in advance for your help and reply.

The download links in the first topic are always up-to-date with the latest version. You jsut have to download it again. It sounds like you might have gotten a little file corruption at some point where maybe some files didnt properly overwrite or such and such.

Here are some steps to help:

First, Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This will ensure everything is vanilla and working.

Then download the mod fresh. Install it as usual. Join your game. Now chances are because of the corruption mentioned earlier your player has reset. I know, really annoying. I hate that too. However if you're willing to dedicate around 10 minutes of your time its pretty easy to get your character back to where he was.

open the console, which by default should be the f1 key.

enter the command:

giveselfxp 10000

You can lower or increase the number as much as you want or enter it multiple times. This gives your character experience and levels him.

Next enter:

giveself perkWildcard

This will spawn at your feet a wildcard perk item. Reading this gives you 50 skill points. Might want to grab two or three of them depending on what level you were before. Now you have your character leveled back up and the skill points to respec your character back the way he was before. Very simple to do but might take a few minutes of your time.

Please Help - Game Stopped Working Today! PLEASE

My husband and I were playing A15 with the A15 Valmod. Tonight, not one game will open. I see there was an A15.1 update, but NOT ONE comment or instruction on what we need to do to get our game working again. There was one post about reinstalling the game and reinstalling Valmod, but HOW???? We use Steam. So please, someone, without all the techie speak, please let me know what we need to do to get the game working again. We can start a new game, but the new game does not recognize Valmod and NO items are lootable.

re

My husband and I were playing A15 with the A15 Valmod. Tonight, not one game will open. I see there was an A15.1 update, but NOT ONE comment or instruction on what we need to do to get our game working again. There was one post about reinstalling the game and reinstalling Valmod, but HOW???? We use Steam. So please, someone, without all the techie speak, please let me know what we need to do to get the game working again. We can start a new game, but the new game does not recognize Valmod and NO items are lootable.

Have you tried the following:

(Back up your savegame in case something goes wrong when doing this)

Right click the game on steam, then properties, betas on the top, then Alpha 15.0 Stable (near bottom) and let the game "update".

Then install the old version of valmod (the one downloadable right now is compatible with 15.1, I still have the 15.0 on my pc so I could see if I can upload it if you don't have it anymore)

Then try and load your save again.

This SHOULD work I guess?

I hope this helped you and your husband.

Two things:

To reinstall Valmod you just download Valmod again and install it same as you did the first time. Drag and drop. There is nothing more to it, no need make things more complicated.

Coincidentally the post directly above yours includes instructions on how to do all that and more.

I pushed out a new update, and tested Valmod against it. Works great :). New options to allow people to play with the bigger back packs, vs playing with standard back pack size.

Also noticed in the opening quest dialog: "Chosing", rather than "Choosing".

The SMX GUI looks really nice.

The download links in the first topic are always up-to-date with the latest version. You jsut have to download it again. It sounds like you might have gotten a little file corruption at some point where maybe some files didnt properly overwrite or such and such.

so did i get a file corruption too??? i reinstalled the updated valmod and backpack but when i started the game my character seemed to reset but not completely.. most of my items were missing and all levels gone but there were a few items on my tool belt and some in my backpack, just random ones missing. same food, drink level and health as before update as well. am i just missing something obvious....?

Just so you guys know until he gets everything ported to 15.1, my server is running Valmod Expansion on 15.1 I spent a day going through all the configs and converting them, while I don't claim to be as good, which is why I am not offering to send my files, because I think Val would be more thorough doing it, so far we haven't had many bugs and the ones found we have been fixing. Server name is Sole Asylum your welcome to play.

Hi and thanks for your reply and help.

I had done all but the consol stuff a couple of times before posting color me stupid, just tried again no luck, simply started me in vanilla 7DTD again so have deleted all characters and saves etc, waiting for vanilla to download again, second try today, then will down load Valmod Overhaul again and hopefully will work.

f1 key didn't do anything when I tried but thats OK, as of today Steam shows I have played 7DTD for 3513 hours so pretty well know which things to do to get perks levelled reasonably quickly, Blacksmithing is easy enough to do, should have that back to 100 by the second horde night, and I like your Hunter pack as it combines gathering food and skins for bellows so will start fresh with that as I like your hunter quests too.

You've made a great mod, I really like you're mod and would just like to ask, is there a way to increase the game day lenght to 180 minutes as I find 120 minutes too short to do a lot of what I love doing early in game, also I find 120 minutes is too short to loot towns Hotels etc and get your excellent air drops.

Again many thanks for your time and help, and for creating such an excellent mod.

Cheers.

I pushed out a new update, and tested Valmod against it. Works great :). New options to allow people to play with the bigger back packs, vs playing with standard back pack size.

Also noticed in the opening quest dialog: "Chosing", rather than "Choosing".

The SMX GUI looks really nice.

Funny that no one ever noticed that until now. Hah. Thanks Sphere. Also yes, Sirilion made a wonderful UI, very proud to be allowed to use it. :)

so did i get a file corruption too??? i reinstalled the updated valmod and backpack but when i started the game my character seemed to reset but not completely.. most of my items were missing and all levels gone but there were a few items on my tool belt and some in my backpack, just random ones missing. same food, drink level and health as before update as well. am i just missing something obvious....?

It sounds like it did. That seems to happen if you try joining the game with a broken config. When the game updated it replaced many of my modded files. This is why the game was broken for you - you had pieces of my modded files and vanilla files. Without the "whole package", as it were, it won't work. Hence why you had to redownload the mod and reinstall it.

The steps mentioned above with the console commands offer an easy way to build your character back up to where they were previously. Simple to do but it might take a few minutes.

Just so you guys know until he gets everything ported to 15.1, my server is running Valmod Expansion on 15.1 I spent a day going through all the configs and converting them, while I don't claim to be as good, which is why I am not offering to send my files, because I think Val would be more thorough doing it, so far we haven't had many bugs and the ones found we have been fixing. Server name is Sole Asylum your welcome to play.

Everything is ported to A15.1. :p

Hi and thanks for your reply and help.

I had done all but the consol stuff a couple of times before posting color me stupid, just tried again no luck, simply started me in vanilla 7DTD again so have deleted all characters and saves etc, waiting for vanilla to download again, second try today, then will down load Valmod Overhaul again and hopefully will work.

f1 key didn't do anything when I tried but thats OK, as of today Steam shows I have played 7DTD for 3513 hours so pretty well know which things to do to get perks levelled reasonably quickly, Blacksmithing is easy enough to do, should have that back to 100 by the second horde night, and I like your Hunter pack as it combines gathering food and skins for bellows so will start fresh with that as I like your hunter quests too.

You've made a great mod, I really like you're mod and would just like to ask, is there a way to increase the game day lenght to 180 minutes as I find 120 minutes too short to do a lot of what I love doing early in game, also I find 120 minutes is too short to loot towns Hotels etc and get your excellent air drops.

Again many thanks for your time and help, and for creating such an excellent mod.

Cheers.

Odd. If you'd like I can offer a more personal hand in resolving this. Add me on steam and send me a message if interested. Your issue seems to be rather unique.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora

Also changing the time settings beyond what the in-game menu offers will need you to edit the serverconfig but I think that only effects dedicated servers, not a normal singleplayer game. If you toggle debug mode (dm in the console) you can slow or speed up time beyond what the options allows, too. Im not sure if that'd help your situation though as I dont know if it preserves the setting on relogs.

i have a question. I updated our Server and our characters were resetted. I copied our old save files back and our characters were okay again.

But does this mod increase the Player max Level? I ask because im now on lvl 102. I always thought that 100 is the max Level?

So, still working fine the valmod and the 15.1 ? i deleted ALL things and downloading again, becouse some minutes ago i got a problem.

so its normal ?

Two things:

1) It is updated for A15.1, yes.

2) A15.1 didn't change anything drastic enough to even need a real update from me. You could had just reinstalled the "old" A15 version of my mod and it'd work just as well. Nothing dynamic changed in the xml files (which this mod is built on). So, technically, I didn't even NEED to "update" my mod. I still did, of course, but still.

i have a question. I updated our Server and our characters were resetted. I copied our old save files back and our characters were okay again.

But does this mod increase the Player max Level? I ask because im now on lvl 102. I always thought that 100 is the max Level?

Its still vanilla. Max player level is 200. Max skill level is 100.

Also good on you for keeping backups of the player data. Thats precisely what I'd expect from a responsible server administrator. Cheers.

Hi again, many thanks for your help, you're the best.

All working fine once more, tried the adding more xp and wild card perk etc but your mod is so good I deleted them and started again from scratch as the hunter perk, as part of my fun and long hours playing 7DTD is struggling for everything early game, day 2 and going strong, decided 120 mins is good enough now I can just mark where the air drops land and get them at my leisure.

So many great innovations in your mod, it really does open up a whole new game style for 7DTD, again many thanks.

Keep up the great work, you do yourself proud.

Cheers.

The steps mentioned above with the console commands offer an easy way to build your character back up to where they were previously. Simple to do but it might take a few minutes.

i have no problem doing that but if it helps with anyone else, i had a backup save from a couple in game days previous to the update and when i went back to that, everything was normal. weird, but somewhere i got a corruption i guess and ill just go back a couple days and play it out. maybe something better will happen anyways :)

backup your saves everyone!! :)

Workbench issue

Two things:

1) It is updated for A15.1, yes.

2) A15.1 didn't change anything drastic enough to even need a real update from me. You could had just reinstalled the "old" A15 version of my mod and it'd work just as well. Nothing dynamic changed in the xml files (which this mod is built on). So, technically, I didn't even NEED to "update" my mod. I still did, of course, but still.

Its still vanilla. Max player level is 200. Max skill level is 100.

Also good on you for keeping backups of the player data. Thats precisely what I'd expect from a responsible server administrator. Cheers.

I notice the workbench did not have the multiplier anymore. Will this be added back?

Archived