A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Originally Posted by narimbur View Post

Ok, with the new DL I have problems with the SMX-Textures. They all just white.(ingame) So I merged the new Version with Mod-Textures and XUI from an older version.

I installed Valmod without Backpack-Expansion. Any hint why the new one doesn't work? I thought Backpack-Expansion is optional?

The backpack expansion is optional.

Are you on PC or Mac?

As long as you have the Mods folder installed you should see the images as the UI pulls all its images from the Mods folder.

Playing on a Mac. I know the problem a long time. But the problem with the GUI is new for me.(just white with red questionsmarks in it) I just found some posts ahead the subject.

And no, if I use your new DL, XUI etc. in the old Mod-Folder, which works very well for a long time now, it doesn't work. So something changes in according to the last version.

For the UMX-Texture-Problem I had following solution, just make a new Data-Folder next to the 7dtd.app and put the UMATextures into it. This works. May it's also a solution for the UI-problem. I have to test it.

Or I have to look to the pathes in the xml-files, but I don't know where to find them.

Playing on a Mac. I know the problem a long time. But the problem with the GUI is new for me.(just white with red questionsmarks in it) I just found some posts ahead the subject.

And no, if I use your new DL, XUI etc. in the old Mod-Folder, which works very well for a long time now, it doesn't work. So something changes in according to the last version.

For the UMX-Texture-Problem I had following solution, just make a new Data-Folder next to the 7dtd.app and put the UMATextures into it. This works. May it's also a solution for the UI-problem. I have to test it.

Or I have to look to the pathes in the xml-files, but I don't know where to find them.

I don't include UMATextures folder anymore - haven't for a while. Since they're not used.

Anyway the UI issue with Mac is a known bug with the game. Its not pulling up certain local images for some reason. Only fix is to edit the XUi files to make it use website images rather than local ones, where relevant.

I run into the same problems with either build.

Ensure you're running the stable branch of 7DTD, not experimental. Then verify the file integrity. Download the mod from the included download link. Install the mod.

Thats it. If it doesn't work after that then you must be doing something wrong in those steps.

Version 4.3 Update

Biggest Changes (Requesting Feedback):

Combine Station-

This is the largest change in this update, I believe. In Overhaul you no longer can combine items at the workbench. Now you must use the Combine Station, which is locked behind Level 2 of Quality Joe perk.

Reasons for Change:

While it is true that the nature of Valmod is to make the game more challenging that alone was not the reason for this change. In relation to Vanilla it was actually much EASIER for players to grind/combine items. The workbench in Valmod is a free recipe and relatively cheap to make. Compare that to vanilla where it is locked behind a perk/skill level and has some rather difficult ingredients to find in early-game.

I do not however want to make the workbench so difficult to get, even early-on. This is because a great deal of the crafting in Valmod relies on the workbench. However I also do not want it to be so simple to get access to the combine feature. My solution was to lock the combine mechanic behind the Combine Station. Locking the Combine Station behind the Quality Joe just felt natural given the nature of the perk and what the Combine Station does - increase quality of items.

That being said I am open to feedback on this and welcome player's thoughts on the matter.

Scorched Rusher and Regenerator Zombie -

The scorched rusher has been rewritten to behave a bit differently. Previous the rusher would run all the time. Now however the rusher will only run when he has been "triggered" and his speed boost only lasts for a few seconds. What will happen is that he will spot you and then light himself on fire and begin charging at you. His speed boost is not infinite, however. But he can also rebuff himself for as long as he is alive so you will only get short windows where he stops running.

This new mechanic in his behavior should make him a bit more interesting.

The Regenerator zombie is a new zombie boss that can appear in hub cities. He shares a similar mechanic to the rusher. Periodically he will cast a healing buff of himself that the player will notice as orange smoke. I'm hoping this new mechanic will, much like the rusher, add a new interesting dynamic to the gameplay whenever they are encountered by the player and I very much look forward to reading feedback on both of them.

Spawning Adjustments -

This is a somewhat significant change I have made - in that I really need feedback on how it works out. This is one of those things where its not easy to really tell the effects your changes made to the game without playing and experiencing it first-hand. Firstly I have made various tweaks to spawn groups to hopefully reduce the amount of UMA zombies present at any one time. This is mainly to fight lag that comes from having all these zombies loading in.

More significant than that however is that I have made changes to the 7 Day Horde spawn groups. They should now, in theory, call on less of the UMA zombies and focus more on the "normal" zombies. That is how it /should/ work, anyway. This is why I really want to hear feedback from the players on this to see what kind of effect it has on their experience and whether or not its a good change or pointless.

Misc Changes:

Included the Server-specific Bigger Backpack files.

Changed front door recipes to require brass to prevent doorknob exploit.

Trash bin has less health.

Updated spike traps to use A15.1 repair mechanics.

Destroying a campfire will now pick it up (no wrench needed).

Hunter Quest lowered amount of animals needed to kill.

Metal blocks in decor station recipe increased to remove exploit.

Various Localization and perk description clarifications.

Combat Axe now counts as Axe and unlocks with Axes skill instead of Blade Weapons.

Increased feed count required for chicken coops.

Climbing over broken windows can cause small bleeding.

Scrap Iron Axe no longer can be used to make repairs.

Iron Bow and Iron Crossbow repairs with forged iron.

Admin Skill Book - admin item that gives 25 skill points when read.

Toilet paper cures dysentery.

Emberpiles more likely to drop coal when harvested.

Increased the player dropped backpack size so it will be large enough to hold everything if you use the larger backpack mod.

Cleaned up entitygroups.xml

Bruiser quest now counts the combat axe.

Quest Board now tied to the bartering skill.

Scrapping iron/steel tools now provides appropriate amount of resources in return.

Bolt Rifle deals slightly more headshot damage.

Unique Fetch Quests now cheaper to purchase.

Nerfed the burning club's headshot bonus.

Shotgun shell casings scrap to paper.

Hidden Walls no longer leave behind frames.

Can harvest a little more wood from trees if using a scrap iron or better axe.

Can harvest a little more rock from stone if using a scrap iron or better pickaxe.

Arrows and bolts have been updated to A15.1's changes.

Arrows and bolts can no longer be scrapped to possibly improve performance on larger servers.

Wrech/Chainsaw/Auger/Nailgun now counts towards the Mechanical skill.

Where should i look for animal trap and loki quest books? In crack a book? Any specific place/zombie with greater chance? It brings back Forge Ahead nightmares ;)

The Loki book is technically a quest. So it drops wherever quests drop. Which means you could find it on zombies, trash or bookshelves. It has a lot of competition, though, because there are a lot of quests. Give how potent the Loki recipes are (the best food/water in the game) I'm pleased to hear it can be so difficult to find. Its one of those things that doesn't break gameplay to not have but when you do find out is like "YES! This save is best save!" Lol.

The animal traps is a skill book, so it can drop anywhere that drops books. Though if you want to farm for it probably the best way to do so is to farm the snow zombies. They have a chance to drop it.

Hi Valmar,

Items that scrap into cloth will result in console error.

Dividedbyzeroexception: Division by zero

Hmm, just scrapped baseball cap, no error, received 2 pieces of cloth.

Valmar, the Scorched Rusher is now listed twice in entityclasses.xml, shouldn't the first version be commented out?

Hi Ive been using the launcher for a while to play Valmod Overhaul.. but for some reason tonight it wont let me play the mod.

Im pressing play on the launcher as I have always done, as the game starts up it shows on the taskbar for a few seconds then closes.

Ive deleted the mod and re-downloaded but cant seem to get it to run..

I tried bypassing the launcher and clicking on the 7dtd application in the folder that the launcher installed the mod too but same result, the game shows for a few seconds then closes..

BTW Im using sphereii's 7dtd launcher as I have been for a while now..

Any ideas ?

EDIT: Ive just seen the update, for some reason the mod wont load for me as 7dtd starts for a few secs then closes..

What I ever wanted to ask, what for is the Prefaps-Vanilla-Folder? Is that just a backup for the originals?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Ive been using the launcher for a while to play Valmod Overhaul.. but for some reason tonight it wont let me play the mod.

Im pressing play on the launcher as I have always done, as the game starts up it shows on the taskbar for a few seconds then closes.

I tried bypassing the launcher and clicking on the 7dtd application in the folder that the launcher installed the mod too but same result, the game shows for a few seconds then closes..

Any ideas ?

EDIT: Ive just seen the update, for some reason the mod wont load for me as 7dtd starts for a few secs then closes..

Do you have a second screen?

What I ever wanted to ask, what for is the Prefaps-Vanilla-Folder? Is that just a backup for the originals?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a second screen?

Yes I have a second screen, I actually watch a twitch stream on the second monitor as I play the game on my main monitor.

OMG, I got a part of SMX-Path-Problem for Mac.

In the xml-files are Windows-Paths with a "backslash" like this:

texture="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\toolbeltslot.png"

for Mac you need a common slash "/" in paths

But if I change a @file-link into slashes it doesn't work as well :(

As a workaround, I changed the @file against a @http

Just exchange the @file... with Online Equivalent after the @

<style_entry name="texture" value="@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compassbg.png" /> <!-- Online Equivalent: http://i64.tinypic.com/jhrct2.jpg -->

like this

<style_entry name="texture" value="@http://i64.tinypic.com/jhrct2.jpg" />

So in the next step you just have to search for all "@file:" in the xml's and change the path :( that's not funny

(but it works only if you have an older windows.xml where you can copy the @http... from, because the most Online Equivalent's are missing)

So, now I have a working version, but to change this all the time after an update of Valmod is not a cool way.

Yes I have a second screen, I actually watch a twitch stream on the second monitor as I play the game on my main monitor.

Ok than you have to synchronize both screens, set the resolution of you playing-screen (if it changes) and start the game. Sometimes I have to start four times over till it works. After that you can switch the synchronization back to normal.

That's the only way I can start the game. That's not a problem of Valmod or the game itselfs, but a problem of the (what is the name?) starting-app...

Hi Valmar,

Items that scrap into cloth will result in console error.

Dividedbyzeroexception: Division by zero

Bugger all. Fixed. Redownload. Sorry about that. Bloody feathers...

Valmar, the Scorched Rusher is now listed twice in entityclasses.xml, shouldn't the first version be commented out?

Correct, good catch. Sorry about that. Fixed it with the cloth. Might aswell.

BTW Im using sphereii's 7dtd launcher as I have been for a while now..

Any ideas ?

I don't know. You'd have to ask Sphereii about that. I only support manual installs, even though he made my mod compatible with his launcher. I dont know enough about the program or how it works to troubleshoot it for people. I can only tell you to install the mod manually.

Correct.

OMG, I got a part of SMX-Path-Problem for Mac.

In the xml-files are Windows-Paths with a "backslash" like this:

for Mac you need a common slash "/" in paths

But if I change a @file-link into slashes it doesn't work as well :(

As a workaround, I changed the @file against a @http

Just exchange the @file... with Online Equivalent after the @

like this

So in the next step you just have to search for all "@file:" in the xml's and change the path :( that's not funny

(but it works only if you have an older windows.xml where you can copy the @http... from, because the most Online Equivalent's are missing)

So, now I have a working version, but to change this all the time after an update of Valmod is not a cool way.

How is this different from the earlier mentioned solutions of "you have to give them links to pull from a website rather than locally"?

Also, for what its worth, you could avoid updating your XUI folder. I rarely change anything there - other than to change the mod version number in the corner.

hey Val, couple things.. i just happened to catch the newer version number, but previous to this i couldnt tell where you were at: is there a way to show your recent version in initial op? Secondly, its day 99 and my daughter and I havent seen/gotten the quest for the animal snare/chicken coop: any way i can admin it or spawn it? Thirdly, i noticed in op - the horde overhaul, will this definitely increase the amount of zeds each horde day, cuz day 98 horde was a let down?. Thanks for all your hard work!

we're using atm 4.2

---<<hides>> just saw craftable quest board. Though i think i saw here snare/coop is skillbook which wont show in quest board yes/no

Well to the player who cannot get the game to run with the launcher, and the one who suggested it might be due to the second screen..I also cannot get the game to run with the launcher. No second screen here, so I doubt that is the issue. Plus, it seem no matter what mod I try to play the same thing happen. Game runs for a few seconds at most never getting to the in game menu or even the opening Fun Pimps log screen. So this is definitely something going on with the mod launcher. So that said,. I think all this needs to be taking to that thread as I don't see this has being something Valmar can directly help with.

I think the Launcher is grabbing the AssemblyC-Sharp.DLL for the Server, and installing that. It does so because the Launcher just recursively looks for files, and installs them as it finds it.

I'm looking into a way to filter it out of the automatic download.

Hello eveyrone,

I am playing on a "Valmoded" server with a high level character (lvl 156). So, of course, most of the skills and perks are fully unlocked/maxed.

I would like to point out just how ridiculously ineffective the Auger is compared to a 600 quality steel pickaxe.

- The auger parts as very rare and hard to obtain. I haven't build a 600 quality auger yet and I played for hundreds of hours including 100+ kills during almost every feral nights I participated to...Parts for the auger are extremely rare!

- The auger digging speed is okay in my opinion but what is not, is the degradation rate of the part. To put it in context, you cannot dig more than about 200 blocks with a 300~400 quality Auger without it requiring repair! A perfect steel pickaxe, with all unlocked mining perks, can dig for far longer than that before needing repair.

- It consume gaz at an alarming rate. Don't expect to dig for very long...

So I would suggest the following:

- Part degradation should be reduced by at least a factor of 10. I think it should be a rare item, so without changing drop rate of parts, boosting the resistance of the parts is mandatory.

- Gaz consumption should be reduced by at least a factor of 3. (The chainsaw too should probably be revised)

Currently, I see no benefits in using an auger compared to a perfect steel pickaxe. It is not faster. It degrade at a faster rate and require fuel. No advantage.

I think the Auger should be the ultimate digging tool. It should be better than any other digging tools.

Getting a console error when trying to place campfire in basic survivel quest.

ERR Task_CommWriterRPC (ch=0)

AugumentException: The requested value 'tutorialTipQuest03' was not found

Are you playing the latest V4.3 version that is compatible with the A15.1?

What version are you on?

- - - Updated - - -

What do i have to do to get the bigger packpack mod working?

As Sphere mentioned we probably have to wait for stallion to update it.

Archived