A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

No. That is why the first post has this:

The group has the latest update info and will keep you informed.

You can also watch the github repo and (I think) have it set to email you when you do an update. Not sure if a commit will create an email or just releases and pull requests etc.

you can also check this page:

https://github.com/orgs/7days2mod/dashboard

it will list updates to the repos in that group, or even just go to the repo page itself to see when the last update was made ;0

use https://github.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/releases for the release versions, and next to the name you can see how many commits have been made since that release.

Anyone of assistance,

I reinstalled 7DTD because I messed something up, the game works fun, but alot of my items on the mod are renamed wrong, is there a file I can replace to fix all of this without ruining any saves for the server, I'm playing with my friend?

Thanks guys!

- Sotallytober

Anyone of assistance,

I reinstalled 7DTD because I messed something up, the game works fun, but alot of my items on the mod are renamed wrong, is there a file I can replace to fix all of this without ruining any saves for the server, I'm playing with my friend?

Thanks guys!

- Sotallytober

Names are handled by the localization file. Reinstall the mod locally to ensure you have everything and it should fix it. Your friend will also need to have it installed locally.

How do i turn off rain completely, its been raining for days :'( i tried weather rain 0 but it doesn't work.I play on a my public server.Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if there is a special command for it.

So ugh i made 250 reinforced concrete autowalls, which as you can imagine is quite costly!, why aren't the working? im sure im missing something stupid and obvious, but i have to ask anyways.

They only work outside where they can get sunlight. Could that be related to your problem?

how to make electrical wire

Electrical wire shouldn't be used in Valmod anymore. Why do you need it?

Valmod Workbench Combine exploit

Is there anyway to to fix this? I run a server and people are taking advantage of this exploit to crank out lvl 600 quality bows, clubs and other tools on day 4. I really don't think that you should be able to combine two items and get a third item with a level higher than both of them. That makes no sense to me.

I'd like to just turn off the combine feature totally since people are just going to use the exploit.

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\indicator.png

(Filename: Line: 1072)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\QuestTracker\questsbg.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Toolbelt\valtoolbelt.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\staminabarempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\healthbarempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\foodwaterempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\UnitFrames\foodwaterempty.png

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\hudotherbg.png

This is my error log. I already changed the Path of the files by the game still trys to find the old Paths (I'm on macos).

Does anyone know why ? Also tried to change the Path to the github raw url but still get the same error

How do i turn off rain completely, its been raining for days :'( i tried weather rain 0 but it doesn't work.I play on a my public server.Thanks in advance

AFAIK the weather commands only work on local games. You could change the rain frequency in the biomes.xml for each biome separately. This way we set on our server to no (or nearly no) rain in the desert, and very low chance for rain in the plains.

also the absolute path (/Users/Me/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app/Mods/SMX/Textures/UnitFrames/) doesn't work

the path must be "url encoded" -> 7%20Days%20To%20Die

_____

by the way, Valmar, i am a developer too, and familiar with both unity and c#, so i can help with that issue, if you want.

that's not an exploit, that is part of the Base Vanilla UN-modded game. and is intended to be that way.

My god, in what way is this NOT an exploit.

Just because it was added by the dev in an alpha does not change this.

I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they added this and would not be surprised if this gets removed or severely limited.

My god, in what way is this NOT an exploit.

Just because it was added by the dev in an alpha does not change this.

I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they added this and would not be surprised if this gets removed or severely limited.

You could just remove the ability to combine from the workbench....

Can my Server be added to the list please?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30027-BigC90210-s-Official-7D2D-Server-PVP-All-welcome!&highlight=bigc90210

BigC90210s PVP - A15 - Slaanhatten - Valmod Overhaul

IP: nguk.ddns.net

Port: 26900

Players - 64

Description - Has Newest *Unreleased* Project Slaanhatten (featuring tons of new stuff!) in the centre of the map, with POIs such as WD Prison etc around the outside of it

Live server webmap at http://northern-lan.co.uk/7d2d/

Based in UK

We accept suggestions, comments and feedback :)

_____

by the way, Valmar, i am a developer too, and familiar with both unity and c#, so i can help with that issue, if you want.

I've changed the Path. Still got the same error.

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png

How can I Add Custume item decreptions ? Can You Please Tell Me Valmar? Please

Item descriptions are handled by the localization.xml

Example:

Custom Item Name:

9mmBulletCasing,items,Item Tool,,9mm Bullet Casing,,

Custom Item Description:

9mmBulletCasingDesc,items,Item Tool,,"These casings can be used to craft 9mm bullets.",,

_____

I'm not a developer, for what thats worth. I don't know the first thing about unity, c# or any other technowizardy. I am aware of the issue on Mac's not reading these images correctly from the Mods folder. I also know the fix, which is to give it online address links for the image instead. I just don't care enough about the issue to fix it. Its a very niche group that effected by this. Rather than make a whole new version specifically tailored for them its easier for me to have them fix it themselves on a case-by-case bases. It's a cop-out on my part, to be sure.

You could just remove the ability to combine from the workbench....

I was thinking about that myself. Make combining lock behind the combine station, which in turn can be locked behind the Quality Joe perk perhaps. Hm.

Can my Server be added to the list please?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30027-BigC90210-s-Official-7D2D-Server-PVP-All-welcome!&highlight=bigc90210

BigC90210s PVP - A15 - Slaanhatten - Valmod Overhaul

IP: nguk.ddns.net

Port: 26900

Players - 64

Description - Has Newest *Unreleased* Project Slaanhatten (featuring tons of new stuff!) in the centre of the map, with POIs such as WD Prison etc around the outside of it

Live server webmap at http://northern-lan.co.uk/7d2d/

Based in UK

We accept suggestions, comments and feedback :)

Certainly.

I'm not a developer, for what thats worth. I don't know the first thing about unity, c# or any other technowizardy. I am aware of the issue on Mac's not reading these images correctly from the Mods folder. I also no the fix, which is to give it online address links for the image instead. I just don't care enough about the issue to fix it. Its a very niche group that effected by this. Rather than make a whole new version specifically tailored for them its easier for me to have them fix it themselves on a case-by-case bases. It's a cop-out on my part, to be sure.

Ok, so how can i fix the itemicons problem?

It would be good to add the fix method to the main them.

Ok, so how can i fix the itemicons problem?

It would be good to add the fix method to the main them.

Item icons should work for Mac even if the textures does not, unless that changed in A15. Afaik you only need to correctly place Valmods Mods folder into the 7DTD installation folder and you should be good to go. To the best of my knowledge Valmods item icons folder should look as follows:

\Mods\ValmodIcons\ItemIcons

As for the missing textures you can either go through the files and copy paste my parts from the SMX online files into the Valmod files and you should have the textures with the exception of the fedora, which I am not currently hosting.

...or, and this is a long shot, you can try using the OLD way of displaying textures from the following example. I am not however sure if this method even works anymore as I haven't used it in a while.

texture="@file:///<drive>\absolutepath\filename.ext"

Correct me if I am wrong but Mac doesn't use drive letters right? In that case you might have to experiment a bit with it to see if you get it going. For instance:

texture="@file:///.\absolutepath\filename.ext"

I have no Mac to test this theory on sadly.

Hope you guys can find a fix for this :)

Item icons should work for Mac even if the textures does not, unless that changed in A15. Afaik you only need to correctly place Valmods Mods folder into the 7DTD installation folder and you should be good to go. To the best of my knowledge Valmods item icons folder should look as follows:

As for the missing textures you can either go through the files and copy paste my parts from the SMX online files into the Valmod files and you should have the textures with the exception of the fedora, which I am not currently hosting.

...or, and this is a long shot, you can try using the OLD way of displaying textures from the following example. I am not however sure if this method even works anymore as I haven't used it in a while.

texture="@file:///<drive>\absolutepath\filename.ext"

Correct me if I am wrong but Mac doesn't use drive letters right? In that case you might have to experiment a bit with it to see if you get it going. For instance:

texture="@file:///.\absolutepath\filename.ext"

I have no Mac to test this theory on sadly.

Hope you guys can find a fix for this :)

Placing the Mods folder outside of the 7DaysToDie.app fixxed the Icons for me.

But the UI is still missing, i've added the absolut path to the files but in the error log(F1) it still shows the same Path as bevore

pitty, but not working =(

1765706990_ScreenshotatDec0123-13-52.jpg.8bba57fbd60986fc779021cbde2fa871.jpg

pitty, but not working =(

By the look of your picture you have got the textures working but not the Icons. So I am guessing you have made the conversion to online textures?

Take a look at the post above yours, Fujikatome states that he got the icons working. Try to do what he did.

By the look of your picture you have got the textures working but not the Icons. So I am guessing you have made the conversion to online textures?

Take a look at the post above yours, Fujikatome states that he got the icons working. Try to do what he did.

Also got UI working now. I'm playing on a server, so i had to change the server side xml not the client side :D

Archived