Sign in to follow this  
Valmar

A16 Valmod Pack

It might a well be written in chinese - I don't know what most of it means.

heh, I was meaning more to post the error from there for us to have a look at :)

Do a search in there for 'Out Of Range' and you will see a bunch of info relating to the error. There will be several lines for each time you saw the red text in the console, so unless they are different errors we only need to see 1 of them, however you could also just post the whole file to pastebin or similar for us to check for you.

heh, I was meaning more to post the error from there for us to have a look at :)

Do a search in there for 'Out Of Range' and you will see a bunch of info relating to the error. There will be several lines for each time you saw the red text in the console, so unless they are different errors we only need to see 1 of them, however you could also just post the whole file to pastebin or similar for us to check for you.

There was no "out of range" line in there.

pastebin.com/Vr6Z6HSw

Apple tree bug?

Hey Valmar! Really digging your mod! Currently playing on a valmod server. We have a few apple trees. Most of them work but 2 of them stayed at zero health after a harvest. They wont regrow and I cant seem to cut them down. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

There was no "out of range" line in there.

pastebin.com/Vr6Z6HSw

Interesting. I have actually seen this error before many times in the bug section - though that was all vanilla. I'm not sure what causes it or what solution could resolve it, unfortunately. Just off the type of my head are you able to make a new game with a smaller name? Or does it give that error no matter what?

Hey Valmar! Really digging your mod! Currently playing on a valmod server. We have a few apple trees. Most of them work but 2 of them stayed at zero health after a harvest. They wont regrow and I cant seem to cut them down. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The 0health bug is a vanilla issue, nothing I can do to fix that unfortunately.

The 0health bug is a vanilla issue, nothing I can do to fix that unfortunately.

I thought I read somewhere you could dig under the trees to get rid of them.

Dig out the dirt under the tree and it will fall

DOH!

I thought I read somewhere you could dig under the trees to get rid of them.

Indeed but that is not really something I can do for you to fix it. :)

Knights Table Server back online!

Knights Table |Valmod Overhaul|Home|Clan|TP|PM|Oxide|

IP: 7dtd.knights-table.net or 192.99.44.150

Port: 26920

Description:

Navez server

Based in Canada

Overhaul Pack

Home/PM/TP/Clans

Oxide Mods

@Valmar would be awesome if you add us back to the server list and thanks again for this awesome mod!

Interesting. I have actually seen this error before many times in the bug section - though that was all vanilla. I'm not sure what causes it or what solution could resolve it, unfortunately. Just off the type of my head are you able to make a new game with a smaller name? Or does it give that error no matter what?

**EDIT**

Looks like it was my overclocking messing with my display drivers - turned off overclocking and things stopped crashing.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

Knights Table |Valmod Overhaul|Home|Clan|TP|PM|Oxide|

IP: 7dtd.knights-table.net or 192.99.44.150

Port: 26920

Description:

Navez server

Based in Canada

Overhaul Pack

Home/PM/TP/Clans

Oxide Mods

@Valmar would be awesome if you add us back to the server list and thanks again for this awesome mod!

Sure thing.

**EDIT**

Looks like it was my overclocking messing with my display drivers - turned off overclocking and things stopped crashing.

Dun dun dun. Don't feel bad, I still have to iron out my own overclocks. Got a new GPU this black friday so my OC still needs to be ran through the paces, so to speak, before I find out just how stable it is. :)

Thanks for the great mod Valmar! It will be hard to go back to vanilla after playing your mod.

I do have a question that I was hoping you could help me with. I've made a couple of small changes like stack size of coal and nitrate (up to the same 5000 as other resources)... and those were easy to figure out. I'd like to change the scrap time and/or scrap amount for a couple of items, but either it's as easy to change as the stack size and i'm just blind... or it's not quite as obvious. I had made a tool head for 150 or 200 iron.. and went to click recipes for the item... and by mistake hit the scrap button. It scrapped in about 1 second (not enough time for me to realize my mistake and cancel it).. and only gave back 3 or 5 iron. So i'd like to put a fail safe in for if I hit the wrong button again.

Any chance you could point me to the right property to change that?

Thanks in advance... and thanks again for the hard work you've put into this.

Edited by Chronicguy (see edit history)

Thanks for the great mod Valmar! It will be hard to go back to vanilla after playing your mod.

I do have a question that I was hoping you could help me with. I've made a couple of small changes like stack size of coal and nitrate (up to the same 5000 as other resources)... and those were easy to figure out. I'd like to change the scrap time and/or scrap amount for a couple of items, but either it's as easy to change as the stack size and i'm just blind... or it's not quite as obvious. I had made a tool head for 150 or 200 iron.. and went to click recipes for the item... and by mistake hit the scrap button. It scrapped in about 1 second (not enough time for me to realize my mistake and cancel it).. and only gave back 3 or 5 iron. So i'd like to put a fail safe in for if I hit the wrong button again.

Any chance you could point me to the right property to change that?

Thanks in advance... and thanks again for the hard work you've put into this.

Ah. I should fix this in the next update myself, thanks for bringing it up.

The fix for this should be quite simple, actually.

Find the toolHead item and remove the weight property.

<item id="1935" name="toolHead">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="Weight" value="5" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="10" />

<property name="DropScale" value="4" />

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="12" />

<property name="CraftingIngredientExp" value="10" />

<property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value="10" />

<property name="Group" value="Resources" />

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Blacksmith"/>

</item>

Remove the red line above and it should automatically scrap to a number that is even to the cost it takes to craft it.

• Like 1

MAC Users - A15

I play on a PC, but my friend plays on a Mac.

Regarding Mac; has anyone found a fix to using the overhaul mod with A15? The best we can do is have all icons, but the textures (toolbelt, health background, etc) will not appear. Any assistance would be appreciated!

I play on a PC, but my friend plays on a Mac.

Regarding Mac; has anyone found a fix to using the overhaul mod with A15? The best we can do is have all icons, but the textures (toolbelt, health background, etc) will not appear. Any assistance would be appreciated!

you need to use an http url to point to the files instead of the @file:Mods\SMX\Textures\ links.

For example replace

@file:Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\compassbg.png

with

@https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Compass/compassbg.png

There are 10 places in windows.xml, 2 in styles.xml, and 1 in controls.xml in the /Data/Config/XUi folder

Open them in notepad and search for @file:Mods\SMX\Textures\ replace with @https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/

might need to change the last \ with a / for each image as well.

Edit:

incendentially has anyone tried using @file:Mods/SMX/Textures/Compass/compassbg.png on a mac? linux OS's dont like the backslash for folder seperators

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

you need to use an http url to point to the files instead of the @file:Mods\SMX\Textures\ links.

For example replace

with

@https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/Compass/compassbg.png

There are 10 places in windows.xml, 2 in styles.xml, and 1 in controls.xml in the /Data/Config/XUi folder

Open them in notepad and search for @file:Mods\SMX\Textures\ replace with @https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Mods/SMX/Textures/

Edit:

incendentially has anyone tried using @file:Mods/SMX/Textures/Compass/compassbg.png on a mac? linux OS's dont like the backslash for folder seperators

Didn't work for me

For example replace

with

Edit:

@file:/Users/defgh/Library/Application%20Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7%20Days%20To%20Die/7DaysToDie.app/Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png

not only "/" instead "\", also need to add absolute path.

but still need to figure out how to make item icons work. (textures seems to be fine)

p.s. sorry for my english

395546940_ScreenshotatDec0123-13-52.jpg.07ff0c8740f9cba26563558464107c83.jpg

Edited by DefGh (see edit history)

Ah. I should fix this in the next update myself, thanks for bringing it up.

The fix for this should be quite simple, actually.

Find the toolHead item and remove the weight property.

Remove the red line above and it should automatically scrap to a number that is even to the cost it takes to craft it.

Awesome... thanks Valmar :)

@file:/Users/defgh/Library/Application%20Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7%20Days%20To%20Die/7DaysToDie.app/Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png

not only "/" instead "", also need to add absolute path.

but still need to figure out how to make item icons work. (textures seems to be fine)

p.s. sorry for my english

Does the following work? (curious) the preceding ./ should specify that everything is relative to the game dir.

@file:./Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png

Does the following work? (curious) the preceding ./ should specify that everything is relative to the game dir.

Could be a specific issue with Mac.

I know on Windows you dont need absolute paths.

Could be a specific issue with Mac.

I know on Windows you dont need absolute paths.

Well it is. However you should be able to use either ./ to specify everything is relative to the "above" or "parent" folder.

The above would be easiest to implement.

Otherwise you may be able to use:

@file:../../../../../../../../../../Mods/SMX/Textures/Misc/valmodhat.png

^this example relies that the folder is expected in the same location everytime. the first in the previous post, doesnt care where it is installed, only that it is relative to the game path.

One is a lot cleaner then the other.

Both end up referencing the exact same absolute path in the end. (second assuming same location)

NB*

*I have a vested interest in the result, my themeing will not work on Mac/Linux because if you try to reference all the images in the theme online, you wont even boot the game. It will thrash your cpu 100% until you kill the process.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

./ doesn't work

well, damn.

also the absolute path (/Users/Me/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app/Mods/SMX/Textures/UnitFrames/) doesn't work

Edited by Fujikatoma (see edit history)

Hi Valmar

Can u plz write in the first post what version of Valmod it is so we dont have to look through 10-15 pages to see if you made an update, thx :-)

Hi Valmar

Can u plz write in the first post what version of Valmod it is so we dont have to look through 10-15 pages to see if you made an update, thx :-)

No. That is why the first post has this:

Misc

Keep yourself in-the-loop for future updates by joining the Valmod Steam Group

The group has the latest update info and will keep you informed.