Server/Multiplayer suggestions

Combo77

Imo it would be nice to have following features for the multiplayer part. What do you think? [B]Ingame server info[/B] Option for server admins to add a server description, rules, banner, additional info or website info along with a "add to favourites" button for the server browser. Maybe integrated into the inventory as a tab like character/crafting. [B]Seeds[/B] Separate the seed for random gen from the game name. This way it would be possible to always have the same game name with different maps. [B]Server Browser[/B] Filters for Country, Ping, Password yes/no, random game/navezgane

[QUOTE=cleio81;133346]I like the first and third suggestions very much. not quite so crazy about seeds. that could get very confusing very very quickly.[/QUOTE] What do you mean? Can you explain this please? Atm the gamename is the seed, too. So if you want another map on your server, you have to change the name. With a separate seed it would be easier for people to recognize your server after a map change. from the Alpha 9.0 release notes: [I]"Added new game map option ‘Random Gen’ which creates a randomly generated world seed based on the name you give the world"[/I]

[QUOTE=Combo77;133493]What do you mean? Can you explain this please? Atm the gamename is the seed, too. So if you want another map on your server, you have to change the name. With a separate seed it would be easier for people to recognize your server after a map change. from the Alpha 9.0 release notes: [I]"Added new game map option ‘Random Gen’ which creates a randomly generated world seed based on the name you give the world"[/I][/QUOTE] because of the way games are sorted in the server menu at the moment it would be hard to know which game was which if you could have games with the same name on one server. I see what you mean though. maybe being able to search the server name or games on a particular server would make it easier to identify with a server.

Archived