Zombies attacking players in water/ deep caves

Tassadar

Hey guys first post and first day on the forums here! I have been playing for a few days and ran into a pretty big immersion killer for me. On the hardest settings you can avoid all zombies by swimming on top of water or digging deep into the ground. Request: Make it so that zombies actually dig down to you when you are deep underground Make it so that zombies swim up to you instead of walking on the bottom of the lake floor Have zombies that cannot reach you call in support of other specialized zombies (digger/spitter or something) Use stamina to swim/jump or hold spacebar when in water If these two issues are fixed then you will never be safe from zombies (if you so please to configure it that way, which is what i want). Love the game and having a blast.

I wouldn't be against this being optional, a behavior that someone can choose. But I would prefer to have breathers, and not be constantly under attack, that isn't my idea of fun. If I wanted that, then I would go back to playing [URL="http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/boxhead-the-zombie-wars/"]Boxhead[/URL]. I am not asking to be completely safe from zombies, but I would prefer that a well designed base would offer some safety. Well, as long as I am careful. Carelessness should be what gets you killed, not overwhelming odds.

[QUOTE=Tassadar;132207]Hey guys first post and first day on the forums here! I have been playing for a few days and ran into a pretty big immersion killer for me. On the hardest settings you can avoid all zombies by swimming on top of water or digging deep into the ground. Request: Make it so that zombies actually dig down to you when you are deep underground Make it so that zombies swim up to you instead of walking on the bottom of the lake floor Have zombies that cannot reach you call in support of other specialized zombies (digger/spitter or something) Use stamina to swim/jump or hold spacebar when in water If these two issues are fixed then you will never be safe from zombies (if you so please to configure it that way, which is what i want). Love the game and having a blast.[/QUOTE] True you can avoid zombies by doing as you said but eventually it comes down to food and water you will have to go out and get some. Plus I doubt anyone would want to swim or stay underground the whole time. Perhaps if they fix our high point in the water to be only head above water not Jesus walking over the lakes. Other wise there doesn't need to be a zombie for every occasion we should be able to out maneuver and out think em, their dead we're not. Another point I have an opinion about is, I believe if a zombie hears us then they should all be able to dig. However before they dig to I would like the audio tweaked first, IE: I should not hear some one cooking 200yrds away 60 meters underground.

Sound travels very well through rocks... if you're chipping at rocks it's very noticeable IRL. It'd be nice to have some wood/barrels that float... make a raft and go fishing for those bottom-feeding zombies. a) Fishing Pole = Fish b) Raft = barrels/wood for a 'limited' weight platform on water c) Dug out canoe ???? with so many rivers, I'd love to travel down them.... use my auger as a propeller :)

[QUOTE=Pendral;132518]Sound travels very well through rocks... if you're chipping at rocks it's very noticeable IRL. It'd be nice to have some wood/barrels that float... make a raft and go fishing for those bottom-feeding zombies. a) Fishing Pole = Fish b) Raft = barrels/wood for a 'limited' weight platform on water c) Dug out canoe ???? with so many rivers, I'd love to travel down them.... use my auger as a propeller :)[/QUOTE] Correct sound travels through rock but is muffled by dirt. Dirt is a near perfect medium for stopping sound and absorbing a vibration.

I agree that all of these should be choices or options and never hard coded in. I don't see any reason someone shouldn't be able to tailor the game to their liking. With the new patch it is possible to clear an area of zombies for 5 days if you kill all of them in a specific area so there is always breathing room. It would be nice if zombies would dig towards you if they heard you, but wander around if they didn't, sure. I play on the hardest settings and never have problems with saftey or supplies, and I doubt that would change with my requested settings. I just want more of a challenge (not a popular opinion i'm sure). @the whole "you will need to come out from under the ground/water eventually". Of course these tactics are only used for nights when the zombies are running. As soon as day comes and they start walking again it's pretty easy to outrun them. (I usually play 24 minutes day/night on 50-70% night)

Archived