Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Max Headroom

Max Headroom

typo

Today we had our last horde fight on A21 and this play-through. I thought with a few changes we might get over the 1000 kill mark but it didn't happen. Final tally: 910.

So for this attempt we removed the punch turrets to give them the full run to our position. We added the third stairway but they mostly ignored that, making the high fighting position mostly useless. That might have just been a fact of the direction they came from. I did not try fighting at the ground-level steel door for fear of taking all the traffic away from the stairs. Cop-spit was a bit of a problem as it was on day 77. I don't think it changed anything. We were well armored and very well armed. All automatic weapons had rad-removers and cripple-em mods. Made for a lot of flying limbs!

In an attempt to increase the zombie flow I increased MaxSpawnedZombies to 75 and set BloodMoonCount to 64. Could maybe have gone bigger as my FPS stayed mostly above the 20s. 

The original intent of this design was to slow the zombies down. Long stairs and a high fighting position to avoid rage mode from falling zombies. We previously had punch-turrets that would knock zombies off the approach rail if they should survive our fire.

One thing we don't have answer to is the distance at which horde zombies spawn. As you can see in the beginning of the video, it takes a while for the first zombies to reach the kill-zone.

All in all it was quite an entertaining fight. Not sure the exploding ordinance is killing as many as we hoped but it looks cool!

So as we wait for 1.0, we are thinking of designs that might reach that magic 1000.

Enjoy the video!

Max Headroom

Max Headroom

Today we had our last horde fight on A21 and this play-through. I thought with a few changes we might get over the 1000 kill mark but it didn't happen. Final tally: 910.

So for this attempt we removed the punch turrets to give them the full run to our position. We added the third stairway but they mostly ignored that, making the high fighting position mostly useless. That might have just been a fact of the direction they came from. I did not try fighting at the ground-level steel door for fear of taking all the traffic away from the stairs. Cop-spit was a bit of a problem as it was on day 77. I don't think it changed anything. We were well armored and very well armed. All automatic weapons had rad-removers and cripple-em mods. Made for a lot of flying limbs!

In an attempt to increase the zombie flow I increased MaxSpawnedZombies to 75 and set BloodMoonCount to 64. Could maybe have gone bigger as my FPS stayed mostly about the 20s. 

The original intent of this design was to slow the zombies down. Long stairs and a high fighting position to avoid rage mode from falling zombies. We previously had punch-turrets that would knock zombies off the approach rail if they should survive our fire.

One thing we don't have answer to is the distance at which horde zombies spawn. As you can see in the beginning of the video, it takes a while for the first zombies to reach the kill-zone.

All in all it was quite an entertaining fight. Not sure the exploding ordinance is killing as many as we hoped but it looks cool!

So as we wait for 1.0, we are thinking of designs that might reach that magic 1000.

Enjoy the video!