Offline LAN Multiplayer for the end of the world.

I and a group of friends of mine are preppers (just simple things to be prepared for the worst case). We love 7 days to die as it is a super fun game. The only problem is that if all of the internet went down, there would be no way to play it multiplayer LAN. Currently, Multiplayer can only be played with online access because your game instance needs to check in with steam to allow multiplayer at all. I understand  that this is almost exclusively to insure that people actually bought the game and didn't pirate it, but it seems unfair to those of us who would like access to LAN without having to be online. I really fell that it wouldn't be difficult to imbed a unique serial number in every game to check and make sure it wasn't multiple copies of the same game files. The main reason for this post is to ask, if the game about the end of the world as we know it has any plans to make it playable with friends in the event of the end of the world as we know it?

Posted (edited)

6 generators that run off of gasoline, wood gas, propane, or natural gas

2,000 Watts of Solar panels with 24V 2,000Ah battery bank with 5kw pure sinewave inverter

3,000 Watts of wind turbines feeding into the same battery system

6 Mini gaming computers that each use no more than 120 Watts to run 7 days to die at medium settings like a dream.

6 monitors that are also super low power consumption.

If the world ever goes dark, I will be in the light, and so will my friends and family.

Plus a good Router to connect it all even without internet.

Edited by Recurver (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, warmer said:

Didn't we have a LAN MP options many years ago?

I've been playing for a little over two years now, and it hasn't had it in that time, though it may have had it earlier.

9 minutes ago, warmer said:

I've been playing for around 10yrs so all the updates blur together for me. I started A6 when the terrain was style Minecraft blocks

Legend!

24 minutes ago, warmer said:

I've been playing for around 10yrs so all the updates blur together for me. I started A6 when the terrain was style Minecraft blocks

I have also been playing for almost 10 years and was curious about the versions as I never started until A11.

I got my copy in June of 2015.

I looked at the release dates for earlier versions and saw that in 2014 they released A6, A7, A8, A9 and A10.

I am thinking the versions they released at those times didn't have the amount of things we are getting now with the last few releases. Which would be why they could have so many so close together back then.

When I first played an MP game over the net we used Hamachi to make a virtual private network between myself and a friend in the Midwest. I think MP over the net wasn't implemented yet and that's why we did it that way. I feel like LAN was a thing then, which is why Hamachi worked. I think the time frame was A9 when random gen was first introduced.

You could probably use Hamachi now to make a LAN work.

50 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I have also been playing for almost 10 years and was curious about the versions as I never started until A11.

I got my copy in June of 2015.

I looked at the release dates for earlier versions and saw that in 2014 they released A6, A7, A8, A9 and A10.

I am thinking the versions they released at those times didn't have the amount of things we are getting now with the last few releases. Which would be why they could have so many so close together back then.

Yeah, they had a vote and people wanted less frequent larger updates.

5 hours ago, seven said:

Yeah, they had a vote and people wanted less frequent larger updates.

I would say they wanted them that way to cut down on having to do so many restarts.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I would say they wanted them that way to cut down on having to do so many restarts.

Probably, but people still complain about having to restart when the game breaking updates are a year apart. But to be fair, those early alpha were only a month or two apart. I would have been annoyed too.