Idea for future beta's. What do you think?

Bertminator

I think it would be neat if the developers would give us an option when creating our game / server to have zombies run at random (not just default, never run or always run), that way during the daytime, not all zombies walk, maybe 1/4 of them or maybe less, would decide to run for you, should you be too close & noisy or whatever reason the developers can think up. I think this would make the game more challenging & interesting, not knowing if a zombie is going to make a run for you. What do you all think of that idea? ..Bert

They have dogs to kind of cover this to a degree, spawning in hordes etc. I myself like to know where I stand with a zombie, especially in PVP servers, not to say its a bad idea if you want to make zombies more unpredictable, but chances are you would get into the habit of eliminating them at range or avoiding them entirely, because attacking any large number of them with melee would be suicide, making melee near pointless. However I like the idea of a specific kind of zombie (well call it the Runner) that has a slightly larger detection range than a standard z, yet doesn't alert the player via the hunted state upon detecting them, instead just walking toward them. If allowed to get within say 15 -20 meters the Runner will start to charge/chase them at the speed of a Dog and will put them in the hunted state if they're in stealth. It's essentially a zombie that players have to either kill or give a wide berth. Actually the hunter is a better name for it :)

[QUOTE=Bane;132040]They have dogs to kind of cover this to a degree, spawning in hordes etc. I myself like to know where I stand with a zombie, especially in PVP servers, not to say its a bad idea if you want to make zombies more unpredictable, but chances are you would get into the habit of eliminating them at range or avoiding them entirely, because attacking any large number of them with melee would be suicide, making melee near pointless. However I like the idea of a specific kind of zombie (well call it the Runner) that has a slightly larger detection range than a standard z, yet doesn't alert the player via the hunted state upon detecting them, instead just walking toward them. If allowed to get within say 15 -20 meters the Runner will start to charge/chase them at the speed of a Dog and will put them in the hunted state if they're in stealth. It's essentially a zombie that players have to either kill or give a wide berth. Actually the hunter is a better name for it :)[/QUOTE] ...Or if a hoard comes and you shoot one, they all start making a b-line towards you in a running rage. I like that idea, that would still be too predictable though...would prefer to have random zombies (not just one type i.e. nurse or whatever) all set to random even the bloats or bloated police would be random. Man, I just get pumped thinking about it.

Or, they could add in a special zombie thats trait is to run. I know the dog already does this, but its not quite the same. Or even a zombie that has a short burst of sprint, like 5 blocks or something, then it has a cooldown period of a couple of seconds. Would definitely make them unpredictable.

Archived