Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Honestly, I'd like the A16 AI back, just fix the spinning, make the zombies aware of elevation, and add in rage mode.  It was possible to control zombie pathing back then (without exploiting them not understanding if you were above/below them) but it was hard.

For example, this base only kinda controlled their movement, because a decent portion of them would just throw themselves off the edge and start destroying everything down below.

Alpha_16.4_2018-11-19_01-55-20.jpg.10ee90c0f6c0da7d863849ded054b3d3.jpg

And I say this as someone who's primary interest in the game was because of the Tower Defense part.  I watched the game for years, and thought "If they ever add mechanical traps, I'll definitely buy this."  They did, and I did.

But this type of thing is the only example that is ever posted when A16-AI proponents claim that A16 has tower defense. And it needs advanced knowledge and a massive effort , something only veterans might do from day 30 on. And it is still tricky as you have to be sure the zombies don't collapse your base from below. Its an expert thing. I started with A15 and after a few tries to utilize traps in a tower defense way I gave up.

The current AI gives tower defense to everyone. Novice players can use it after the first horde night seeing how zombies react or even with an assumption that narrow passages work as expected, veterans can use it from day 1.

meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Honestly, I'd like the A16 AI back, just fix the spinning, make the zombies aware of elevation, and add in rage mode.  It was possible to control zombie pathing back then (without exploiting them not understanding if you were above/below them) but it was hard.

For example, this base only kinda controlled their movement, because a decent portion of them would just throw themselves off the edge and start destroying everything down below.

And I say this as someone who's primary interest in the game was because of the Tower Defense part.  I watched the game for years, and thought "If they ever add mechanical traps, I'll definitely buy this."  They did, and I did.

But this type of thing is the only example that is ever posted when A16-AI proponents claim that A16 has tower defense. And it needs advanced knowledge and a massive effort , something only veterans might do from day 30 on. Its an expert thing. I started with A15 and after a few tries to utilize traps in a tower defense way I gave up.

The current AI gives tower defense to everyone. Novice players can use it after the first horde night seeing how zombies react or even with an assumption that narrow passages work as expected, veterans can use it from day 1.

meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

But this type of thing is the only example that is ever posted when A16-AI proponents claim that A16 has tower defense. And it needs a massive effort and inside knowledge of the AI that veterans might do in end game. Its an expert thing. I started with A15 and after a few tries to utilize traps in a tower defense way I gave up.