For newer people, here is our Kickstarter stretch goals list

Lead

• 2 weeks later...
If the core engine is done (projectile math, drawing, texturing, sound, collision, etc.), then code-wise I don't think that there is that much to do;

That is a big if, and we know the core mechanics are not anywhere near done.

Further, a chunk of core coding around mutli-player will require re-visiting and re-writing to be more secure (short term stop-gap measure would be to have an AC# dll push from servers [this would also allow servers to run mods and push to clients{such as security mods}]).

If the core engine is done (projectile math, drawing, texturing, sound, collision, etc.), then code-wise I don't think that there is that much to do; that being said there are a lot of other things that do take a long time such as: balance, code implementation (how something will be accomplished, which affects ease of writing, debugging, editing, and understanding code), UI (design simplification of complex devices for the player's sake, dwarf fortress is an extreme where this was not done at all), PR (forum, steam, etc.), and all kinds of other stuff.

Also, a note from somebody who is learning code: its 40% writing it, 50% debugging it, and 10% pounding your brain trying to figure out why your code compiles and works in every instance except one.

I don't think you know what you are talking about as well as you think you do. By no means is there not "that much to do" from a code standpoint. The core engine is far from complete, they've already mentioned having to drastically rework the collision system for smooth terrain and I suspect other engine features like rendering have plenty of work (whether features or optimization/performance) yet to be done as well as the stuff you mentioned and more.

On top of that, every new system they add (skills/experience, more AI systems like NPCs and animals, stealth system, recipes, vehicles, etc etc) just increases the overall complexity and requires careful integration, testing and balancing with the other systems including core engine features.

I suspect they still have years of work (or at least most of 2014) before the game can be considered "done" in a non-alpha or beta state, and even then the kickstarter mentions many of the stretch goal features may come post-release.

If you're learning to code let me tell you right now that whatever simple html5 or unity game or whatever you are building while you learn is not even a tenth of 1% as complex as a project like 7DTD.

i believe they should make it so as later through the game as we all know u can get gun molds and stuff however i believe they should also make it so as if u get the right parts like a cars brass radiator a car battery wires made from copper ore and say a metal casing chasis sort of thing u can make a generator and also give things like venison stew a life time use by date such as say 3day's outside of a fridge run by said generator if in a fridge run by a generator then it could last almost indeffinetly i'm new and will update this with more later

i believe they should make it so as later through the game as we all know u can get gun molds and stuff however i believe they should also make it so as if u get the right parts like a cars brass radiator a car battery wires made from copper ore and say a metal casing chasis sort of thing u can make a generator and also give things like venison stew a life time use by date such as say 3day's outside of a fridge run by said generator if in a fridge run by a generator then it could last almost indeffinetly oh and also have like not just your spike traps but if u have several generators going at once then give the players the ability to make electricity traps also say for an example 1 generator can power 2 fridges or 15 of the electric traps i'm new and will update this with more later

- - - Updated - - -

quick question can u delete a post already made by yourself or no

• 2 weeks later...
I bet my life savings that you've never coded a game before. Also, they're not small updates, if you read the release notes and paid any attention at all, you'd know that.
I've never coded a game before, but I've seen a lot of how programming code works (thanks to my brother) to understand it takes a long ass time to get anything done, unless you really have a good understanding of how to make it work. And even then...

• 2 weeks later...
Many people on the forums now have discovered the game and joined a while after the Kickstarter happened and may not be familiar with it or the details contained. I'd noticed some people often posting ideas here that were already planned.

So to make it easier for people to refer back to, here is list of stretch goals we reached that are planned to be added to the game over time:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424[/ATTACH]

and y'all made it......it's like 501,050 something like that:angel:

That looks awesome, I can not wait to see this game in its full potential!

I have 1 question though-does the seasonal weather effects include like weather disasters like tornadoes and the like (with an option to enable disable them of course?)

Thank you for your answer.

• 3 weeks later...
Many people on the forums now have discovered the game and joined a while after the Kickstarter happened and may not be familiar with it or the details contained. I'd noticed some people often posting ideas here that were already planned.

So to make it easier for people to refer back to, here is list of stretch goals we reached that are planned to be added to the game over time:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]424[/ATTACH]

Excellent post with some good info.

dot.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of ideas I would like to see in the game eventually:

1- Solar Panels, Batteries, wiring, lighting that could be scavenged for houses and bases.

2- Notes that can be posted on walls or inserted in chests, and road signs that can be edited by players to give directions to safe houses.

Great job on the game so far! I really enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really excited for the npcs and quest system. I'd like to see some bandits and some friendly survivors running around and having established bases. Perhaps bandits could have camps that have special loot that the player can go and raid, while non-hostile npcs could have a trading system; npc establishments could range from simple camps for small in-advanced groups, to more secure strongholds for larger groups with better equipment.

As for the quests I'd like to see perhaps a bit of background and story for the game, as well as leading the player to other survivors, points of interest, or bandits. I think it would be interesting (depending on how quests are implemented) if when the custom map creator comes out the map creator could implement their own custom quests for the map. In addition, I think it would be cool if there were generated quests that had the player do simple objectives, like the radiant quest system implemented in Skyrim.

I think we should have an upgradeable block that doesn't use iron or wood and its final form is cobblestone, it starts as a stone base, a lot like the wood frame now but it upgrades from bottom to top and uses cobblestones to build the base and upgrade it. Maybe it has a lot less structural integrity than the rebar and wood frames. But I think we should be able to use our stone without having to gather 10000000000 iron ingots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This goals list is the same as it was 3 months ago, doesn't seem like your making much progress (I'm hoping you spent all this time partially completing some of the elements and it will all come it in one massive explosion of content)

This goals list is the same as it was 3 months ago, doesn't seem like your making much progress (I'm hoping you spent all this time partially completing some of the elements and it will all come it in one massive explosion of content)

Not sure they are intending to check them off as they complete them...