Suggestion for biome borders in random gen

R3DSKULL

Is it me or has everyone noticed there is a river separating every biome? I would like to see some variances in this. i havent heard anything but i think that something other than a big river line saying here this is the edge would be nicer. I mean rivers should flow more naturally through the landscape. I am again not sure if this will be addressed, but id like to see rivers random generated as well.

[QUOTE=u2020bullet;131301]Rivers are a good source of water and clay. But yeah, it could be more randomized seeing as how there are lakes everywhere in random gen.[/QUOTE] My favorite had a giant lake with a big island in the middle that had it's own lake. Hoping someday down the road we can more fine tune options for random gen. Size control and water % control and biome % control. But on topic, I do agree. Would love to see natural flowing from 1 biome to the next instead of rivers all the time.

Rivers are everywhere, but they aren't always the border, i've seen a couple of borders from one biome to another. What they do need though is a better transition. Going from lush green grass, to full on wasteland in a single block is a bit unrealistic.

The rivers appear to be a stopgap. Something that was easy to add. But agree that the biomes could be more blended then having rivers dividing them. The obvious comparison would be minecraft, biomes were blended from one to the other. I personally think that that transition area between one biome to another should be procedurally a new biome. This would be good so that the biomes can transition, have unique qualities, and still be consistent instead of having a nice day in one where you home is then pop across the river to go skiing.

Archived